• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

I think you could safely skip actually. The two big prizes return, (Zacks in about a month) and Cloud's is very much viable for RW. The argument for rolling is magicite dungeons, but those are predated by Super Fest I think, which is 3 banners, and everything on that is BSB, USB, CSSB. So in terms of mythril spent, that's probably more worthwhile than chasing a 1% relic (That needs his BSB2 and Legend Dive to really shine).

To carry on this conversation, haha, you realize it's going to be like 6 months at the minimum before he can beat the nightmares to open up the magicite dungeon? when he reaches that point, Ultra Burst Overstrike with plus atk/mag/def/res relics will be out.

Iscariot

Like, Barret's gun-arm on the FF7 banner is the big joke right now that everyone's salty about on Reddit. But like, remember when Irvine, Mustadio, and Faris got hyperbreaks? It was like, "Hyperbreak, stacks with everything, that's fuckin' awesome!" They were considered prizes! But if you get Barret's, you're getting it instead of Ultra Cross Slash, so therefore it's terrible.

Some truth to that but do consider the Barret is basically a support competing against Caith Sith and Red XIII for that slot with no BSB either.

The other thing is that Irvine is 8's only support and Mustaido differs from Ramza is being debuff focus. (Faris is just a great character all around with great relics).

And finally light armor and guns can transfer out of realm should their stats be solid. The gun arm is stuck in 7 as Barret is the only one who can use it.

Iscariot

To carry on this conversation, haha, you realize it's going to be like 6 months at the minimum before he can beat the nightmares to open up the magicite dungeon? when he reaches that point, Ultra Burst Overstrike with plus atk/mag/def/res relics will be out.

I actually didn't know you had to have cleared all the nightmares to open it. At least they're always open now lol :)

friz898

cpp,

I have Tidus water chain and water burst. Also I could (but probably not worth it) work in Terra BSB for chaos watera, then throw in Hydroburst and sapphire shot somewhere.

Tidus is the only one I have water relics for, but if I managed to stack his chain, burst, and Cloud USB along with OK or Alphi 610 buff, and Lenna and Ramza USB buffs. Could I expect to "be like cpp" and take him to 40 fast you think?

I'm thinking no, and Holy is my best relic with enelements and imperils and overstrikes, but the last time I tried to make a Holy Team, I got him to 40 safely, but didn't have the juice to take him out, even with the Overstrikes.

friz898

I actually didn't know you had to have cleared all the nightmares to open it. At least they're always open now lol :)

Well I don't like to talk out of my ass, but I have not actually googled and confirmed that. I am just going by reading it here, and the fact that the dungeons are in the center spot for the Nightmares, implying you have to unlock it.

Welp, done leveling all characters, 52 at 99 and the rest to. 80/65 including cores. Something like 150m in eggs on hand.

Now what???

Next up to break and level:
Penelo usb
Emperor II bsb
Sazh bsb
Serah bsb
Hope osb (had since xmas fest summoner draw)

Then a slew of ssb users or interesting rms
Gaffgarion first
Cid iv imperil
Edgar imperil
Rufus imperil

cpp,

I have Tidus water chain and water burst. Also I could (but probably not worth it) work in Terra BSB for chaos watera, then throw in Hydroburst and sapphire shot somewhere.

Tidus is the only one I have water relics for, but if I managed to stack his chain, burst, and Cloud USB along with OK or Alphi 610 buff, and Lenna and Ramza USB buffs. Could I expect to "be like cpp" and take him to 40 fast you think?

I'm thinking no, and Holy is my best relic with enelements and imperils and overstrikes, but the last time I tried to make a Holy Team, I got him to 40 safely, but didn't have the juice to take him out, even with the Overstrikes.

If you're talking about Bahamut, i think you have to stick with wind, because he resists everyone else

friz898

okay well i'll just roll on 14 stuff tomorrow then! exciting! i'll post the results here so i hope i get some good stuff

It really is a lot of fun. I'm disgruntled about not getting a particular relic recently or ever, but I don't get too down when "chasing" after a relic, since I don't really ever have the mythril or money to chase.

It eventually may become that banners are your favorite day(s) of the week for this game. Oh also, as an early "its just a dollar, its ok" justification so that DeNa can reel you into gambling, most start out doing "100 gem pulls". Here the odds are so, so, talking out of my ass, I would say 2 or 3 out of 10 tries will get you a 5 or 6star.

But almost everybody does it when a new banner comes out. It's 100 gems (1 dollar) for a chance at super-stuff, and you can only do it once every banner. Also, never do the single (excluding 100gem first time discount) or 3-relic pulls unless you're the stubborn type, because if you wait and pull on an 11 item pull, you get a guaranteed 5 or 6 star.

friz898

If you're talking about Bahamut, i think you have to stick with wind, because he resists everyone else

Alright, also the other night I read on reddit, that someone was saying that even though he's not weak to wind until 40%, that his resistance to wind actually goes down at 80% slightly.

Also, of course I'm talking about Bahamut, I'm the guy that one shotted Seph, and have mastered everything in this game except for d200 CM and d300 Bahamuts. These are real tears.

It eventually may become that banners are your favorite day(s) of the week for this game. Oh also, as an early "its just a dollar, its ok" justification so that DeNa can reel you into gambling, most start out doing "100 gem pulls". Here the odds are so, so, talking out of my ass, I would say 2 or 3 out of 10 tries will get you a 5 or 6star.

IIRC the chance to get a 5* or 6* item on a single pull is 14%.

friz898

IIRC the chance to get a 5* or 6* item on a single pull is 14%.

I know that number, 14, but I thought it was the odds for 5/6star on 11pull, not counting the guaranteed.

If it's 14% for single pulls then I have definitely been luckier than getting one every 1 or 2 pulls. I'm on a streak of about 6 in a row with no luck but...

...then again we had Balphon and another say they haven't gotten anything from a 100gem pull since the last fest, which I'd quickly say they're lying! but of course.. they're not.

friz898

How do you use Cloud USB native if you don't have his BSB2?

How much damage does his USB do with piercing attacks? Seph BSB 1 with Cloud USB looks like a pretty sick combo.

Also with the new upgrades in 5* and 6* skills, that will probably be huge improvements for Cloud USB Native.

I haven't tried that yet. Well I did try it right after you posted it, but I didn't have many buffs/debuffs on bahamut.

I will tell you something cool though (and I will try Seph BSB again since I actually have it) Firion is my highest stat-buffed character, he sits at 294 attack naked without synergy. Anyway, when I use the "much more with support abilities" RM he hits for 7500-8k every time normally. So just for fun, I tested Cloud USB on him. Would you believe (I'll list buffs/debuffs down below) that Firion was hitting Power/Mag Breakdown for 25k a hit on Bahamut 300? I suddenly got all excited as WoL Holy OSB with 2 imperils on Bahamut d300 only hit for 25k.

Buffs/Debuffs:

Ramza USB
Lenna USB
OK VoF
Armor Breakdown
Full Break (that was the edit, adding this)

friz898

Welp, done leveling all characters, 52 at 99 and the rest to. 80/65 including cores. Something like 150m in eggs on hand.

Oh boy, I'm finding reasons to counter-post and spam the board today.

I have 49 99's as of today. I knew I had missed at least one MC3, the very first one offered when I couldnt beat that U+, but I guess I missed 3 of them. The only other person here who seems to do what we do is Balphon, but he mentioned about having a bunch of them between 81-98.

I wish we got some kind of bonus like .1-.5% buff to all stats to any level 99 with the additive being for every 99 you have. So I guess for me, even if it was .1% boost, that's 4.0% buff and would make all the leveling hardwork pay off.

Balphon

Current 5*+ rate is about 14%.

On the present event banner distribution it roughly shakes out like this:

2% - USB/OSB
3% - BSB
2% - LMR
6% - SSB
1% - SSB/SB (always the last item on the list)

The numbers aren't this exact because there's still the chance of stuff like off-banner items. 11-pulls roll the first 10 normally and the bonus item only from the pool of 5*+ using whatever the appropriate weights are.

Average 5/6* pull rate for 100 gem pulls would thus be 1 for every 7-8 banners.

And yes, I'm currently in a run of bad luck.

friz898

Mega bummer.

Hype has been derailed.

Still breaks the game.

Did you see where I just posted about getting 25k a hit from Firion doing power breakdown?

I just tested on Vaan, same buffs and setup, his BSB hit for 9600 4 or 5 times (whatever the number is) and then his two burst commands hit for 21-22k 3 or 4 times before Cloud USB wore off.

I'm next going to try with Sephiroth BSB command 1. I'm hoping for 15-20k a hit x2 and 3 rounds with my current setup. Or perhaps Command 2 would be better since 1 ignores breakdown and full break.

Ok, Sephiroth BSB1 hit for 13k x4 hits on entry. Cmd 1 just did 22kx2 hits.Cmd 2 did 6kx4 hits. Oh! and with Sephiroth he had Hailstorm atk buff also.

Glad I have time for testing today. It's good for me to find max dmg for Bahamut, and some of you may benefit from my results. Also, these are dmg values against a d300 Bahamut.

Edit: Tested Tifa and Zell, but then remembered Bahamut nulls Earth Damage. So not worth it with Tifa. For Zell, even with meteor attack buff, the damage on entry and with hits was below 6k each. Currently for my setup, Seph BSB1 cmd 1 does the most damage. Again, entry being 13kx4, and cmd 1 being 22kx2.

Edit2:

Tested Tidus with CSB and BSB. Results:

CSB Entry 11x6k
BSB Entry 5x9k
BSB Entry (now with en-water) 5x19k
BSB Cmd 1 last (before CSB and Cloud wore off) 9kx4.

So looks like about 242k.

That uses up 1 RW, 3 Tidus SBs, 1 each of Onion, Lenna, and Ramza soul bars. I mention that for in terms of this Jumpstart I'm working on. I'd have to do some "figurin" to determine whether Sephiroth BSB CMD 1 would come out on top since it only uses 1 SoulBreak bar.

friz898

Hey, can someone give me a friend code to Zack wind CSB?

cpp, the holy team chain got up to 140% bonus, but just not enough dmg with Holy.

Going to try my wind team with Zack CSB.

Dark mage meta domination

Cloud of darkness bsb
Emperor bsb
Cid Raines bsb
Tyro sg and breaks
Yuna USB heal,and protega

Rw cid Raines

Really wish one of my dark bsbs could summon ultima weapon which I have r3d but no matter, this team knocked cloud out easily.

Cloud Mastered.

All 99

Cloud TwinStrikes OSB SwordUp
Seph Death Throes, Reaping6 Transience KatanaUp
Arc Cure, Protect BlinkHeal Mako
OK FB, ABD VoF Mog
Kuja Cure, doubledark4, BSB, SSB Doom count

RW wall.

Messed up Kuja hitting wrong SB. Later got imperil in.

Dunno how many times he did move. But obviously not 3, mastered.

friz898

Thanks, added you.

Wind team didn't cut it.

So far my best has come with Cloud USB. Got him to 10%.

In other news,

Didn't have any trouble with the d220 event. I have Edea, Sephiroth, and Decil BSB/OSB/BSB, and also if needed, I had two Kuja Dark relics, and Exdeath SSB.

I actually ended up going with only Edea. I brought in Ramza to stack his USB on mental breakdown, and VoF buff.

Then I did Edea SSB for Dark imperil followed by Edea BSB, then after Cmd 2 mag buff, CMD 1 did 6 hits at 6500 each. Did that twice to finish him off. He only did the ultimate whatever 1 time.

friz898

RPH,

I DID only miss the very first MC3, on my excel sheet, I hadn't moved my two newly broke characters to the 99 column. So, I have 51 99's. Not that it matters, but ehh. I feel better now.

Sometimes my brain fails me differently where I remember wrong, like when I told cpp that I think we had 17 billion (haha) gil from the last fest.

Edit: Reddit says the mini-cactuar forced drops for this fest are:

Stage 1: Holy
Stage 2: Non-E
Stage 3: Lightning

So, I followed my plan exactly: ignore the festival, then pull on the Cloud USB banner. After 5 pulls, I got Cloud's USB, BSB2, and Zack's CSBx2... plus a few Shortbarrels and Barret's pew-pew-pew gun. And I have 4000+ gems to spare, which will fuel $1 pulls for... the foreseeable future.

Not sure if this is a viable strategy, but it'll definitely work. If the new meta speeds things up, I'm excited.

Kain

Cloud destroyed with a dark team and not many heals: Shadow, Gabranth, Lion, Ramza and Vanille. It took some S/L until Cloud's first hit didn't kill anyone but then it went OK. Once the damage was piling up he went down FAST. Shadow's BSB was doing 9999 per hit on entry and commands at the end.

Shadow's BSB is awesome, I should use it more in realms where I have katanas.

friz898

I have never made so many attempts at something in this game.

For about 5 mins I thought about taking some Phoenix buffs, and maybe there isn't anything wrong with it, but it's a terrible way to use up your mythril, more importantly, it feels like an easy way out when I've gotten (oh I guess this detail is important) d300 Bahamut down to 10% before everything wore off and I couldn't finish him off against those 7900/9300 curagas.

I'm still pretty determined. I thought Cloud USB would really make it for me, but without a decent physical enwind, and my wind element characters having zero utility, it doesn't go well. Then I tried Zack's CSB. The damage was nice, but not better than using the USB.

Since it has to be a physical BSB, my best one for this is Sephiroth since entry is 52k and cmd 1 is 44k, which I can do about twice. That's also with Dark Bargain and Hailstorm stacked on top of Lenna, Ramza, and VoF and a breakdown or two mixed in.

I'll get it though! I will. If praying is your thing, do that for me.

friz898

Hell. This deserves a separate post.

I beat it, finally. I'll tell you, after about 10 different strategies, what finally got it. But first, the pics:

Look at this, I think Alphi was on his very last turn of Air BSB. He had already done 5-6 rounds. Also, it seemed to last forever? I guess Alphi has high mind or something?
Look at how so very dead I am. There was no last stand left, people started dropping.

NpoY2nSl.png

Well, ya, I hit all the requirements, but that is not Golden Trophy work right there..

cSMSboal.png

-I ended Up focusing on Alphi since Summons don't trigger Cure.
-Then I proceeded to stack as many MAG buffs as possible for him.
-The Strategy of RW Deployment Tactics, and then use it once on my Alphi, followed by two Air BSB was really on to something.
-But having Braska wasn't worth the MAG buff, he wasn't doing enough. So then Penelo. Her medica and 4hit holy burst cmd 1 (with like 500 mind and +holy dmg) was working, but still it stalled at 1500x4.
-So then I looked for what could bring more damage, but not lose Penelo's mag buff, multibreak, or utility in general.
-Enter Ramza! So he joined a bunch of mages, but his job was simple. USB atk/MAG/def buff, Full Break, and Mental Breakdown.

Things started going real good at this point. Bringing in Mental Breakdown was a huge boost, and Ramza did about 7500 a hit on Support abilities, so this outdid Penelo's 1500x4 burst.

In the end the damage values with all the MAG buffs was:

Rapha cmd1 3300x4 a cast. (and a heal!)
O Knight cmd 2 3200x4 a cast.
Ramza 7500-7600 a support hit.
Relm - Kept people alive.
Alphi did back up heals with occasional Drainga.

Once into weak phase:

3 full bars of Alphi, no RW DeployTactics left, Ramza, O Knight, Relm, and Rapha all have 1 SB left.

Alphi was doing 6500x(how many hits?) on entry. Then his Windblade was doing 5900x4 a cast with no counter heal. When the first Air BSB was running out, I threw up deployment tactics one last time and followed it with Air BSB.

Air BSB kept doing 22-24k at first, but as the mag buffs wore off, it wittled down to 1600x4. But when this happened he was at 5%. With no counter heals, it was working. Also, since I used bursts to get to this point, O Knight, Relm, and Rapha had a bunch of normal heals left, so deployment tactics is what ultimately killed Bahamut. Especially as buffs were wearing off and his Megaflare would hit me 3-5k x5 reflected back on him.

So:

ATK/MAG/DEF - Ramza
MAG/RES - Rapha
ATK/MAG - O Knight and Alphi, but also a hastega and radiant shield
Last Stand/Medica cmd 2 - Relm (I should mention with mind well equipped and "heal much more" RM, her cmd 2 medica was healing everybody for 1764 a cast. Quite a bit more than the standard 1100-1300 without buffs or RM.

I got the CM-1, since had O Knight. I could maybe try to switch out Ramza for Ingus, since Ingus can break and I have his Prot/Hastega. But I dont know if I even want to try since I'd lose the MAG buff, and more importantly, I'm so done with this fight.

friz898

Gear pic?

Sure, didn't think anybody would care. Looking back at their stats, other than O Knight and maybe Ramza, they don't look so hot.

RfboOJ7l.png

2VBruDHl.png

Edit:

These aren't my best crew, but they are dived somewhat.

O Knight is fully dived (dove?) at 60 RS.
The rest all have some upgrades, they range from 19-23 in record spheres.

O Knight, Tyro, Firion, and Vaan are way ahead of everybody else ranging from 60-43. Both Firion and Vaan have their first LMR sphere complete. Firion is waiting on Vitality motes to fully complete his LM grid. Vaan is in exact same situation, just waiting on Bravery motes to fully complete his LM grid.

friz898

Impressive with limited synergy. Good job.

I never thought about it like that, maybe that's what was holding me back.

I tried the d200 CM but not only my limited synergy there, but missing Last Stand and I had Desch in tow, he's about worthless. I liked him when we first got him because we needed a black mage since OK wasn't here yet. But jesus, his stats suck, he isn't a good BLM or a good Spellblade. I even don't like his buff-bracers I have, one time it took like 30% of his life to give me the simple buff.

Ingus on the other hand, Strong tank, can do breaks, can do Prot/Shell like a Paladin or WoL.

Luneth is awesome as a character, I just don't have a single relic for him.

OK is my saving grace, I have everything of his minus the armor/OSB.

friz898

Nice dude! I honestly expected you to throw in the towel. Your determination reminds me of this guy: https://youtu.be/S9KE2R92pSg

That's about how it looked in FFRK land too.

S/L
S/L like 5 seconds in.
15min fight, S/L

It really was like that Jesus.

Edit: Besides, since I started focusing on relics more and stopped using realm-only teams because it was some personally forced rule, plus synergy was nice.... I "grew" leaps and bounds, knocked out the Mote dungeons, the first torments, all MC3 fights, and Nightmares.

This was going to be the first bit of content I simply had not cleared within the time limit of the event since I don't know. 4-5 months ago. Although getting the very last fight of the event mostly for rosetta stones, didn't start always-happening until about a month or two ago.

Ahnez

I seriously understimated how powerful Cloud's BSB2 is

With his OSB sword and +dmg materia, he can hit 6k+ x4 with his command 1 even on dif 200+ bosses

I guess unlocking a few of his legend spheres is not a bad idea after all lol

That's about how it looked in FFRK land too.

S/L
S/L like 5 seconds in.
15min fight, S/L

It really was like that Jesus.

Edit: Besides, since I started focusing on relics more and stopped using realm-only teams because it was some personally forced rule, plus synergy was nice.... I "grew" leaps and bounds, knocked out the Mote dungeons, the first torments, all MC3 fights, and Nightmares.

This was going to be the first bit of content I simply had not cleared within the time limit of the event since I don't know. 4-5 months ago. Although getting the very last fight of the event mostly for rosetta stones, didn't start always-happening until about a month or two ago.

Good work dude. Your synergy s pretty rough so to pull that off is great👍

Jarekx

Gratz Friz! That fights annoying as hell. It was really cool to see your progress and thought process as you progressed through it, though.

I wouldn't have gotten it myself if i didn't get both clouds USB + BSB2. With that, I've been farming it for MO by bringing along Zacks CSB as a RW. The last use of Clouds BSB2 was hitting for around 45k a hit...so 360k ish? It's bonkers.

friz898

Thanks for the support!

I can't win with this game, suddenly i'm like "what now?" fortunately we have an event tonight.

What's the highlights for tonight, will sound sarcastic, but it's honest:

1. 80/120 raids that are nice for motes, but the only reason I even do them MP is ... I don't know.
2. 15 or so battles, that you don't even consider paying attention until d90 or d99, as in actually do something besides just hit optimize and leave it on auto-battle.
3. A banner that has wall, but Balphon crushed my dreams. Seriously I don't have mythril to pull anyway.
4. New Character, Cid.

Is that correct?
What kind of character is Cid in this version? I played 14 to level 50, I haven't been back since the first expansion first released. RL constraints, not cause of lack of fun. I'm assuming, he'll be some kind of machinist again like FF IV Cid?

Lastly, what day does the dungeon update drop? I'll have 25 mythril after tonight. It always makes me happy when I can do a guilt-free pull.

Top Bottom