• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Is that correct?
What kind of character is Cid in this version? I played 14 to level 50, I haven't been back since the first expansion first released. RL constraints, not cause of lack of fun. I'm assuming, he'll be some kind of machinist again like FF IV Cid?

Lastly, what day does the dungeon update drop? I'll have 25 mythril after tonight. It always makes me happy when I can do a guilt-free pull.

Cid Garlond: Support 5, Machinist 5, Combat 4

I haven't looked to closely at his relics but I think his BSB is earth imperil and he also has a fire imperil SSB?

Next dungeon update drops on 7/10.

I have 34 mythril right now, so I'm thinking I'll do the DU lucky and then be able to manage an 11-pull on FF10 banner 1 before it ends... Gotta do that math to be sure.

someone rate my current team :

Squall ( BSB)

Y'shtola ( BSB)

Vivi (BSB)

Sephirot ( SSB)

Raijin ( BSB)

Squall bsb1 or bsb2?

You need a support, swap,out vivid or sephiroth

Raijin bsb + ysh bsb + 3 scrubs +'cloud USB rw and you are good to go to pummel bosses. Raijins bsb is crazy powerful if set up correctly. I need to do a run on a one stam boss just to see what I can unleash.

ccbfan

Trying to add Cloud USB without his BSB2 native into my team and having some trouble.

So I basically have.

Tryo (Wall, Support, rando stuff for mastery requirements.)
Ysho/Relm/Eiko/Selphie (Healer, depends on situation, have their BSB and or USB)

One that's definitely going to be in there is probably Vaan since I have his BSB. 2 levels of def down + quick attacks seems like a great combo with Cloud USB.

Next probably Ramza since I have his shout and crit attack up SB.

Third is obviously cloud since thats the whole point of this exercise. What are some good BSBs to RW for him? I hear Omega strike is his go to skill.

Other phsyical characters I have are.

Agrias (Have all her Relics)
TGCid (BSB, OSB)
Zell (BSB)
Firion (BSB, SSB)
Cecil (BSB, SSB)
Seph (BSB2, OSB)
Minfilia (SSB, BSB)
Raijin (BSB, SSB)

I'm temped to just eff it and run Cloud USB RW and keep Cloud USB native on the bench. As you can see I have a lot of awesome teams for that.

Iscariot

Trying to add Cloud USB without his BSB2 native into my team and having some trouble.

I think without his BSB2 you want OD honed to Rank 2 at least and fully dive him for the Combat school W-procs. Shout/Chant are probably the two biggest buffs needed, but you will see small gains for throwing HotE and VoF style buffs in too.

If you're looking to RW a damage BSB to play with I would guess Squall BSB2 or Refia are the easiest to merc content with with minimal setup besides your Cloud USB and Ramza buffs.

friz898

someone rate my current team :

Squall ( BSB)

Y'shtola ( BSB)

Vivi (BSB)

Sephirot ( SSB)

Raijin ( BSB)

I see two or three others already pointed out "no breaker" but I'll look at it from my view.

Squall, good spellblade. Has a great ice bsb, if that's what you have. I don't have any relics for him, he doesn't get used by me much. Also, in my opinion, the spellblade skills were lacking at the 5star level. However, as you may have read, big changes are coming.

Y'sh is a great healer, great bsb. She's a keeper.

Vivi. I have his BSB, but he has very low hps. Also he is one dimensional black-mage only.

Seph, he has limited utility, however, I have his BSB and OSB. His BSB command 1 does piercing damage and you'll be surprised how well it does, especially on bosses and raids. Also, make sure to hone up Hailstorm Samurai skill. Nice atk buff (with good damage) for Seph. He can also use Dark Bargain, he's one of the few that can stack the two buffs.

So if all you have is a SSB for him, you may not want to keep him. Unless you don't have many other options?

Raijin is a fun character. I mostly don't like monks but I do fit Raijin (have his last stand SSB) and Tifa (have her bsb and it's my only earth) into my groups on occasion. The 5 star monk abilities aren't too hot in my opinion. Meteor Attack and Fires Within aren't too bad.

As the others have told you, you really want to have a Support 4 (all breakdowns) or Support 5 (all breakdowns, plus Full Break) or a Dancer4 (all breakdowns) or Dancer5 (all breakdowns plus Multi-break) I refer to these guys as utility because they can do so much.

What else do you have?

Vivi and Sephiroth are somewhat limited in what they can do. Raijin is also, but maybe less so. Ysh and Squall are keepers for sure.

I say work in a mage who can also do summons or also backup heal/buff. And get you a utility. You may also benefit from having a "tank" .. think Pecil, WoL, Agrias, Ingus and characters like that. They're banishing strike, gaia cross, and guardstrike are good moves. Some of them can even break, some of them can Prot/Shell/Res for you.

Lastly, consider this group of mine. I have about 10-15 characters I rotate around until I find the best mix.

Vaan - Breakdown/Breakdown - Instant BSB debuffs.
Firion - Breakdown/Breakdown - Instant mblink BSB.
O Knight - The only person who can do more is Tyro, but O Knight has godly stats. Seriously can tank, can break, can heal, and can mage like a mach truck.

Relm/Lenna - My clerics. Relm brings last stand, Lenna brings a nice USB buff. They are one dimensional but well healers are.

and usually either:

Alphinaud - Black Mage, Summoner, Backup Healer, nice SSB and BSB
Tyro - Can do anything. Also brings wall and a Prot/Shell/Magic Blink BSB that has break burst commands that stack with everything.

Like I said, I have about another 8-10 I use, but you get the point. You really want to think about it like "Wow! This group can buff, debuff, do big damage, take a beating, and has toys like Last Stand, Blinks, and Radiant Shield"

I typed way more than I expected. Post follow up questions or tell us what else you have, most any FFRK'er likes to "TheoryCraft".

friz898

Strago is raking in the loot. 53 summons. Up from 38 the day before.

I read this 4 times, I don't get what you mean....or are you saying you're doing the daily today for 120 stam and no exp instead of the Orbfest for 90stam? If so, I did the daily 2 rounds in a row when I was short 2 of one orb for taking a 5star to rank 3 from 2, but it's hard to justify that 120 stam cost.

Thorgal

Squall bsb1 or bsb2?

You need a support, swap,out vivid or sephiroth

Raijin bsb + ysh bsb + 3 scrubs +'cloud USB rw and you are good to go to pummel bosses. Raijins bsb is crazy powerful if set up correctly. I need to do a run on a one stam boss just to see what I can unleash.

it's the steely blade one .

for Support , who would you recommend ?

Xetherion

I read this 4 times, I don't get what you mean....or are you saying you're doing the daily today for 120 stam and no exp instead of the Orbfest for 90stam? If so, I did the daily 2 rounds in a row when I was short 2 of one orb for taking a 5star to rank 3 from 2, but it's hard to justify that 120 stam cost.

He means his RW is Strago, and his RW was summoned 53 times, up from 38 the day before.

Which is crazy, i guess Strago is good against Bahamut?

it's the steely blade one .

for Support , who would you recommend ?

Depends on which Support characters you have relics for. If none, it doesn't really matter just pick anyone with 5* Support or 5* Dancer.

friz898

He means his RW is Strago, and his RW was summoned 53 times, up from 38 the day before.

Which is crazy, i guess Strago is good against Bahamut?

Depends on which Support characters you have relics for. If none, it doesn't really matter just pick anyone with 5* Support or 5* Dancer.

Oh duh.

I never had many hits no matter who I put up, until I got Lenna Ultra (and also cleared out my inactive followers) she got summoned like 56 one day, the next day was 38 and then it kept going down. Then within a week I got Ramza USB, I thought for sure he was going to be mad summoned but never more than 20something.

However! I recently changed to Wakka BSB 4 main stats lowered "a large amount" He was summoned 18 times the half day I put him up, then 28 times yesterday. I'm not sure if it's because his BSB is useful, or if it's because he doesn't have much competition (that regularly show up) except for Fran's BSB.

My bad Erasure, can't believe I accused you of doing-dirty-dailies!

Thorgal

as for all characters i have relics for :

Cloud ( OSB finishing touch )
Cecil( Paladin) ( BSB paladin force )
Onion Knight (SSB Onion Slice )
Gafgarion (BSB Fellsword dance)
Edge (BSB seething waters)
Luneth (BSB eternal wind )
Yuna (SSB Miracle veil )
Relm ( USB Divine portrait )
Mog (BSB Love serenade)
Vivi (BSB proof of existence)
Vanille (SSB Miracle prayer)
Serah (SSB endless blessings )
Rosa (BSB holy ray )
Eiko ( USB Guardian Mog)
Hope (BSB divine judgement )
WOL (BSB Ultimate Shield)
Firion (SSB Shining blade)
Penelo ( USB Dance of Rapture )
Squall (BSB Steely blade)
Y'shtola (BSB Asylum )
Sephirot (SSB Transience )
Raijin (BSB Raijin Special )
Seifer (BSB Sorceress Knight)

Didn't post this earlier. Raines BSB just melted Cloud, and he was only level 82. Unfortunately the fight didn't last long enough for Jihl to stack up any additional dark imperil. Fran BSB was uniquely suited to a fight with a purely physical boss and magical team. He was barely doing any damage to me-- until right at the end of the fight when I forgot to refresh Sentinel Grimoire RW. Whoops!

s9l9rfK.jpg

Onion Knight had Vincent's mage gun equipped which was kind of awesome.

I guess of those, your only real options are Mog or Penelo as a dancer/off-healer. You should consider aiming for a good debuff BSB-- Setzer, Fran, Irvine, Quina, Faris, Wakka, Noel, etc.

evangd007

Have any of you guys done a Legend Dive yet? I'm considering starting on Vaan or Ramza. Tidus also looks good because I heard doublecast is nuts, but it's for water skills and omni-resist bosses give me pause against that.

Have any of you guys done a Legend Dive yet? I'm considering starting on Vaan or Ramza. Tidus also looks good because I heard doublecast is nuts, but it's for water skills and omni-resist bosses give me pause against that.

I have Squall fully legend dived, and Agrias, Tyro, and Tidus halfway legend dived. Terra and Shantotto also look great, so I'll be looking toward them after I finish up Agrias, Tyro, and Tidus.

I'm working on Tyro, Celes, Lightning, and Luneth.

I know, I know, it would be better to focus on completing one character at a time instead of spreading out the same type of motes. I can't help it though. :)

ccbfan

Oh wow, I just looked up Raijin's potency on that attack and its pretty ridicules. If I lose BSB do I also lose the charges?

If not then my go to team for non-light resist might just be.

Raijin (BSB)
Vaan (BSB)
Ramza (Shout, Crit Up)
Tyro (Wall, support)
Ysho/Relm/Eiko/Selphie (Healer, depends on situation, have their BSB and or USB)

Actually a base of

Vaan (BSB)
Ramza (Shout, Crit Up, support)
Tyro (Wall, support)

and fill in the fifth character depending on weakness

Holy - Agrias (All SBs)
Dark - Seph (BSSB2, OSB)
Water - Tidus (BSSB)
Not resist Lightning- (Raijin BSSB)

Rubenov

I have Squall fully legend dived, and Agrias, Tyro, and Tidus halfway legend dived. Terra and Shantotto also look great, so I'll be looking toward them after I finish up Agrias, Tyro, and Tidus.

How do you have Squall fully Legend dived? I thought we didn't have enough vitality motes for the last sphere.

Strago should hit 19998 per a turn, or close, vs Bahamut w CMD2 with at least OK burst. Need spirit 4 star badly. Would like to get CMD1 over that with a mental break perhaps.

Think Alphinaud would probably be better but I dunno for sure. Or Cloud.

GJPA
if you need a Water/Earthx4 Water/Wind piercingx2

I have Terra and Squall. Could Bravery-Dex someone a bit if I had their base grid complete, Vaan, but I don't. Kain I think is the only other fully dived character. Irvine and OK are close but they dont show up anytime soon. Cloud is missing a sphere as well. A lot of toons missing a sphere or two.

friz898

Cloud ( OSB finishing touch )
Cecil( Paladin) ( BSB paladin force )
Onion Knight (SSB Onion Slice )
Gafgarion (BSB Fellsword dance)
Edge (BSB seething waters)
Luneth (BSB eternal wind )
Yuna (SSB Miracle veil )
Relm ( USB Divine portrait )
Mog (BSB Love serenade)
Vivi (BSB proof of existence)
Vanille (SSB Miracle prayer)
Serah (SSB endless blessings )
Rosa (BSB holy ray )
Eiko ( USB Guardian Mog)
Hope (BSB divine judgement )
WOL (BSB Ultimate Shield)
Firion (SSB Shining blade)
Penelo ( USB Dance of Rapture )
Squall (BSB Steely blade)
Y'shtola (BSB Asylum )
Sephirot (SSB Transience )
Raijin (BSB Raijin Special )
Seifer (BSB Sorceress Knight)

Oh wow, You've got a bunch. Is there a particular reason you chose the ones you did? Favorites or something?

You have so much that there isn't a clear answer, I'll tell you who I think you should give some love to though...

-OSB's are mostly situational, so like Clouds, unless you're in a FF7 realm, or a wind-weak boss, having his OSB is not really a big deal. Until they change the game in about 6 months, BSBs (with a few exceptions) are going to be your bread and butter.

-Pecil (paladin cecil) is a great character. Great defense, can do back up healing or shell/prot for you. That's a decent BSB too, it's one of the firsts, so it's not really a big deal, but I just used it yesterday on the holy fight in the Cloud event.
-Luneth's a great-great character. Can do breakdowns, spellblades, dragoon stuff, dark dmg, he's great. His BSB is really good too. I wish I had it.
-O knight is awesome. While Onion Slice is really good, hey may not make the cut for you. His stats and what he can do though is outstanding.
-Eiko... you have her USB? Dude that's still a common RW for people who don't have it. Insta-heal-last stand? Yes Please!
-WarAdept would tell you to use Mog, and I like it also, maybe consider Mog as a backup healer or utility. Mog can also do Multibreak. (dancer5)
-Right now almost all the healing USBs are pretty good (funny thing is, conversation on the board yesterday about the new one tonight, Y'shtola's, is pure crap) So what I'm getting at, if you prefer Penelo over Eiko, then that'd be ok. Or even over Ysh. But Eiko USB is something that some of us here could get on a pull 2 months from now, and still be happy.
-WoL is a good character, he can do a lot, like a paladin almost. I don't have his BSB, I have his OSB. But I did test it out the other day, It didn't make a lasting impression, but the character itself is a great Tank/Paladin toon.
-I guess Hope's is ok? I've seen it on raids, I've never been too impressed.
-Already told you my thoughts on Ysh and Squall. Squall BSB2 (which is what you have) was highly coveted just a few weeks ago.

Dude you have a lot of good stuff here. I thought you'd post like 12 relics, and only 3 of them had a bsb or something. It'd make the answer a lot more obvious. If you have follow up questions, please post. I love talking about this game.

I think I even scared my neighbor (who's a bigger gamer than me) because I mentioned FFRK to him. 6 days later he said "i'm hooked!" and that's all he said, but that's all it took me to send him like 6 texts about how I can answer any questions he has, I've been playing for nearly 2 years, and well I think I scared him, haha, he hasn't brought of FFRK since.

friz898

I have Cloud USB and I only got summoned 9 times lol

I've not yet read the posts below yours, so I may be a little late, but it's gotta simply be because of saturation. For the first two nights, every Cloud USB I saw, I followed. I cleaned out my list yesterday (of relics I would never RW) and I think I already have like 12 people on my friends list have Cloud USB up.

Like I mentioned, my Wakka got pulled 28 times yesterday, I never see another Wakka. I think really it's due to not having much competition other than Fran's BSB which I see all over the place.

friz898

I don't know how cpp already has one done, but I'm sure he's not lying. I have two characters that are completely fully complete -except!- for the very last LM.

One is waiting on Vitality Motes, the other is waiting on Bravery motes. Any of the other motes out there (including Dex after I beat d300 Bahamut) i have in abundance.

I can certainly tell you what.. results vary of course, but Firion has a naked Atk of 291, and now Vaan has a naked attack of 309. Also they have more hps than characters like WoL and Giglamesh. Plus all the little damage percentages are adding up something crazy because, when I took the dmg cap (with Cloud) off Firion with support abilities, he was hitting for 25k a pop. Sure buffs and RM and such were factored in, but that is INSANE. With the same setting to my none LM'ed characters I'm lucky if i get 11-12k.

friz898

Ahh shit you're right. I'm missing the last sphere. Way to ruin my day :( 9/16 on Vitality Motes

Well I didn't think you were lying, I just thought maybe you dove a character who somehow only needed certain motes that we actually have. Like Vaan doesnt need any vitality motes, he only needs Bravery (and dex which are all over the place).

Now I feel better, it's the 9/16 on both my two guys waiting. So there is obviously a plan in place there.

Edit: aaaand done. You know I've been posting reguarly on NeoGAF since 2011. Would have been sooner if I had known there was an alternative to GameFAQs, but to this day I still don't know how to multiquote unless you do it ghetto like, by typing in quote /quote stuff.

friz898

I sure hope we get that event eventually. When is the next big datamine scheduled for...?

They're actually scheduled, like an event?

Lol, I just figured anytime a patch of any kind is out, whoever likes to do that stuff, picks it apart. I didn't realize we get huge chunks of information at a time. Don't they also do maintenance the night before DU? So I guess then?

Tidd

They're actually scheduled, like an event?

Lol, I just figured anytime a patch of any kind is out, whoever likes to do that stuff, picks it apart. I didn't realize we get huge chunks of information at a time. Don't they also do maintenance the night before DU? So I guess then?

The last translated event for now is the FF X one. So expect a maintenance and new information in around 2 weeks.

friz898

The last translated event for now is the FF X one. So expect a maintenance and new information in around 2 weeks.

I stay away from reddit, there is just TOO much information there, and too many people talking. I stay in my cave here and depend on you good folks to keep me informed!

I mean, I'll google something here and there and read a reddit thread, like the "How to use Cloud USB" thread.

But FFRK-NeoGAF is enough for me.

notworksafe

Edit: aaaand done. You know I've been posting reguarly on NeoGAF since 2011. Would have been sooner if I had known there was an alternative to GameFAQs, but to this day I still don't know how to multiquote unless you do it ghetto like, by typing in quote /quote stuff.

click the little plus next to the posts you want to quote, then when you hit reply all the ones you selected will be auto inserted into the reply

Tidd

I stay away from reddit, there is just TOO much information there, and too many people talking. I stay in my cave here and depend on you good folks to keep me informed!

I mean, I'll google something here and there and read a reddit thread, like the "How to use Cloud USB" thread.

But FFRK-NeoGAF is enough for me.

Nothing wrong with this. Keeps the thread alive between events. :p

friz898

click the little plus next to the posts you want to quote, then when you hit reply all the ones you selected will be auto inserted into the reply

Ok makes sense, not rocket science, so when I'm looking at my post, I just manually go into between the quotes and type my ever so valuable words of wisdom?

Thorgal

Oh wow, You've got a bunch. Is there a particular reason you chose the ones you did? Favorites or something?

You have so much that there isn't a clear answer, I'll tell you who I think you should give some love to though...

-OSB's are mostly situational, so like Clouds, unless you're in a FF7 realm, or a wind-weak boss, having his OSB is not really a big deal. Until they change the game in about 6 months, BSBs (with a few exceptions) are going to be your bread and butter.

-Pecil (paladin cecil) is a great character. Great defense, can do back up healing or shell/prot for you. That's a decent BSB too, it's one of the firsts, so it's not really a big deal, but I just used it yesterday on the holy fight in the Cloud event.
-Luneth's a great-great character. Can do breakdowns, spellblades, dragoon stuff, dark dmg, he's great. His BSB is really good too. I wish I had it.
-O knight is awesome. While Onion Slice is really good, hey may not make the cut for you. His stats and what he can do though is outstanding.
-Eiko... you have her USB? Dude that's still a common RW for people who don't have it. Insta-heal-last stand? Yes Please!
-WarAdept would tell you to use Mog, and I like it also, maybe consider Mog as a backup healer or utility. Mog can also do Multibreak. (dancer5)
-Right now almost all the healing USBs are pretty good (funny thing is, conversation on the board yesterday about the new one tonight, Y'shtola's, is pure crap) So what I'm getting at, if you prefer Penelo over Eiko, then that'd be ok. Or even over Ysh. But Eiko USB is something that some of us here could get on a pull 2 months from now, and still be happy.
-WoL is a good character, he can do a lot, like a paladin almost. I don't have his BSB, I have his OSB. But I did test it out the other day, It didn't make a lasting impression, but the character itself is a great Tank/Paladin toon.
-I guess Hope's is ok? I've seen it on raids, I've never been too impressed.
-Already told you my thoughts on Ysh and Squall. Squall BSB2 (which is what you have) was highly coveted just a few weeks ago.

Dude you have a lot of good stuff here. I thought you'd post like 12 relics, and only 3 of them had a bsb or something. It'd make the answer a lot more obvious. If you have follow up questions, please post. I love talking about this game.

I think I even scared my neighbor (who's a bigger gamer than me) because I mentioned FFRK to him. 6 days later he said "i'm hooked!" and that's all he said, but that's all it took me to send him like 6 texts about how I can answer any questions he has, I've been playing for nearly 2 years, and well I think I scared him, haha, he hasn't brought of FFRK since.

not really a preference or fan , more like taking the characters i got relics for .

in fact Raijin Staff was the first relic i got in this game ( apart from tyro's tutorial one and up until now it has utterly decimated stuff.

i used different healers up until i got Y'sthola's and she has been my healer ever since once i discovered how well liked this one was .

Characters like Seph and Seifer is pretty much the same tale .

i never really bothered about my party composition since everything just melted with this team and i felt i couldn't do the raid /get mote /etc events save the get character ones since in all of those i got Annihilated due to my characters not lvl 99 yet or got some of the endgame skills .

friz898

Nothing wrong with this. Keeps the thread alive between events. :p

Well I sorta but not really make fun of myself, because I do spam this board. There is the unwritten rule of like not posting twice in a row or something. But shit, I'll post like 4 things in a row, it's mostly because I dont (didn't) know how to multiquote.

That said, I have an easy week this week. I'm already off until Monday. My wife will be home from work and college late this evening but then she's good till Monday morn. We're moving this week.

So if I'm playing my two phone games, or doing something more constructive, if I walk by my computer (I post a lot less when checking from my phone) and I see someone say "golly-gee willikers cpp, how do you always win!" I have no problem taking 5 seconds to explain to the poor soul that cpp is rich. He's related to Trump and that's why his tag hints at it.

Then the poor chap can know that some are born rich, some are not.

That, you see, is the service I provide to this community thread.

As an aside. I know there is lurkers. Either vets who don't care to talk but want to hear stuff cause they might learn something or new players who are not sure if they're hooked yet, but want to learn just how deep this game is, or what its problems are. To those people I say... POST! POST POST POST!

This is a real good community, from RPH, cpp, Balphon, MCA, Anustart, Tid, Kain, Cuthbert, Falk(who doesn't post because he thinks we should all migrate to discord), Lights and Waves, Dragner who hasnt posted lately but has the best avatar, Syntsui who almost sounds disgruntled but he's not, BassForever that I don't know what's going on there, but he maybe likes to fish?, Erasure Acer, Mr.Daravon, WarAdept who I also like!.. I think cause Mog, Tenai, Caim, Hours Left (who doesn't post much lately), Advocatus, ahnez, who seems to come and go, Secret Character (looks like KI Cinder) and chronobeej, and pedo? I think it iwas?, Adawg who I havent seen in forever, Starwolf, Ultra7k, i mean shoot, I didn't think that list would be so big, but there is just so many badasses that post here or take a break and come back.

There is about 5-6 or so that I'm wondering where they are. Also Dragner, you cant have an avatar of a cute brunette talking about dragons then disappear. There's regulations against that kind of thing.

As for me? I wish I would have found FFRK on opening day, but I found it in August/September of 2015 and I have been hooked ever since. This game truly is perfect for me. Nostalgia and newer stuff. Plus I mean hell, they have made a really great game here. Sure, they have to do the gacha to pay for the bills, but just imagine if they gave you 2 years worth of phone content and you played on your ps4 or xb1, you might be like "uh ya. no" but trust me, if you came from the 8 or 16 bit graphics eras, this games begs to be played.

Like Mobius, I hope they someday make a FFRK that is meant for Steam or Modern Consoles.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like I get ups and downs with the game, directly proportional with the RNG of the gacha and the inability to cope with meta.

I know that GBF has the illusion of a progression curve and that you need good RNG to do well in that game, but it just masks all of it well - perhaps because while the characters are pure RNG (which you can mitigate with money), the gear is all earned by playing the game.

FFRK does it as a hybrid, where you can theoretically craft R5 5/6* abilities, but like with this Bahamut fight, if you don't have a strong wind team, you're kind of SOL. And the only way to get a strong wind team is if you get lucky in the gacha. You can craft as many wind summons, wind strikes, and whatever wind magic there is, but without the ability to unleash BSB or OSB damage, you're kind of screwed.

I guess Cloud's USB is supposed to change that, and maybe the game will swing back to a progression that favors crafting rather than relics. But it seems like you still need some standard relics to make it worthwhile (one or more of the ATK buffs, imperils, element boosts, etc).

Of course, I just spent 350 mythril across this two week event and came out with 0 progression in terms of relics, so I'm sure my feelings on the game are coloured compared to the people who have every USB/OSB/BSB in the game. lol

friz898

I feel like I get ups and downs with the game, directly proportional with the RNG of the gacha and the inability to cope with meta.

I know that GBF has the illusion of a progression curve and that you need good RNG to do well in that game, but it just masks all of it well - perhaps because while the characters are pure RNG (which you can mitigate with money), the gear is all earned by playing the game.

FFRK does it as a hybrid, where you can theoretically craft R5 5/6* abilities, but like with this Bahamut fight, if you don't have a strong wind team, you're kind of SOL. And the only way to get a strong wind team is if you get lucky in the gacha. You can craft as many wind summons, wind strikes, and whatever wind magic there is, but without the ability to unleash BSB or OSB damage, you're kind of screwed.

I guess Cloud's USB is supposed to change that, and maybe the game will swing back to a progression that favors crafting rather than relics. But it seems like you still need some standard relics to make it worthwhile (one or more of the ATK buffs, imperils, element boosts, etc).

Of course, I just spent 350 mythril across this two week event and came out with 0 progression in terms of relics, so I'm sure my feelings on the game are coloured compared to the people who have every USB/OSB/BSB in the game. lol

I typed out a ramble which only I can provide but erased it. I ramble on enough here.

It sounds like to me (because we both know I'm a professional doctor who can diagnose things through a message board) that you whaled (with mythril) and didn't get what you felt you would or should. But, regardless of what we get, this game is still way fun to me. Way fun. I just talk about the game on this message board and I get all crazy. (I swear I don't really get all crazy and I AM normal).... hah!

Sounds like you're bummed about how you did this and this and that and got zero for your discipline, patience, and hard work. I say! Just pull whenever you can! but never let it get to 200-400 mythril again. But what do I know, I never have shit for mythril. I think the highest I have ever seen on my phone is like 110-120.

Edit: Oh! As for Gran Blue Fantasy, I obviously know enough to translate your acronym but it's not really fully global yet and I don't care enough to go through any special hoops to be able to play now. But! When it does officially come to the U.S. I will check it out.

Speaking of games coming up that I may try out, Lineage Mobile (don't know real name) is apparently going to be a big deal and the graphics on that game is great (which do help to pull you in).. when that game comes out, I'll check it out for sure.

Lastly, I was just thinking today, I don't know the full story behind Lineage Mobile but.. if DayBreak could make some kind of EQ mobile or if SE could ever show us what they were thinking with a mobile version of FF11, I would be so down. SO down.

notworksafe

Ok makes sense, not rocket science, so when I'm looking at my post, I just manually go into between the quotes and type my ever so valuable words of wisdom?

correct!

also i now have shantotto as a mage but i realized she's only level 1. should i just use growth eggs to raise her or are those best saved for something else? this is probably very obvious and just me overthinking but i figured i'd ask.

friz898

correct!

also i now have shantotto as a mage but i realized she's only level 1. should i just use growth eggs to raise her or are those best saved for something else? this is probably very obvious and just me overthinking but i figured i'd ask.

No disclaimers needed. We all wondered this at some point.

If you're are having so much fun that whether orbfest or a story dungeon, you are just chugging right along? -- then make Shantotto work for those levels.

If you're either at kind of a slow point between what you have and what you can maybe do OR if you are just strapped for time and want quick gratification, egg her up.

Some here save their eggs. Nothing wrong with that, but me, I feel like I can get eggs if I ever wanted two days a week, not even counting the bazillion eggs on a fest. They generally introduce a new character and give you enough eggs that you could take that very same level 1 toon to 65-70.

What I do is use eggs as I get them. To me, every egg I get/use is less time spent on the exp dungeons.

I'm glad that my response was of no help but seriously, if you're having fun and flying through stuff, just let her level up like a real Final Fantasy game. If you are kinda doing stuff she can't handle, then egg her up to a point, then level her on up beyond that.

And don't forget, Orbfest is special. We get them Quarterly. If you want to get Shantotto in there and get her some mad ass levels, nobody here would think that silly of you.

Top Bottom