• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Rixa

Joined my first Raid. Obviously took 80 difficulty one. I understand why people say these are fun and I understand why people say that pugs can be very shitty (they were shitty in GrindBlue Fantasy too).

Anyways time to spend stamina & time in raids :p. I like the music too.

Falk

that puzzling face
Joined my first Raid. Obviously took 80 difficulty one. I understand why people say these are fun and I understand why people say that pugs can be very shitty (they were shitty in GrindBlue Fantasy too).

I think the big difference here is when you're talking truly endgame (and there's a massive time investment chasm between RK endgame and GBF endgame, don't get me wrong) you'd generally compare to 6man HL lv120 twitter pugs in GBF, and those... actually go really well because no one wants to be yelled at so people generally have an idea what to do beforehand.

Rixa

I think the big difference here is when you're talking truly endgame (and there's a massive time investment chasm between RK endgame and GBF endgame, don't get me wrong) you'd generally compare to 6man HL lv120 twitter pugs in GBF, and those... actually go really well because no one wants to be yelled at so people generally have an idea what to do beforehand.

Yeah. I fully agree and well it will take some time before I go in RK to those harder raids.

Anustart

Its leg day! Greg gone from 80 to 90 already. just need them last levels. Greg is my waifu

Now that i got him dragoon 5 hell be a more permanent member of my team. More flexible and can hit some elements.

mstevens

So I asked this a few days ago, but only really got a snarky response about how I should quit FFBE. Here goes again:

I played this at launch for a few months and built up a pretty good team at the time, but haven't played since then and am pretty lost as to what to do. I like to be efficient with my time in these games and don't want to waste thousands of energy trail and erroring my way to a good team.

I have a level 65 lightning and Serah from this most recent event, but everyone else is level 50. For weapons my best are Chocobo Wing, Diamond Sword, Blood Lance, Bomb Core, Physician's Staff. For armor I have Gabranth's Hauberk x2, Genji Helm, Genji Armor, Regal Gown lvl 6 and Regal Gown lvl 5. Is there a certain party I should be using?

I don't really remember abilities, how to get them, or how to upgrade them (which is a problem because I remember that being an important part of the game). What should I be working on there?

I mainly just want a concrete goal I can chip away at over the next few weeks, instead of just mindlessly spending stamina.

edit: I just got Snow's memory crystal for 65 (I guess use him too since I'm low on high level characters?) and a lodestone - can't figure out how to use the lodestone. I assume I can use it on anyone? I'd like to upgrade Sephiroth or Cloud maybe.

thedan001

So I asked this a few days ago, but only really got a snarky response about how I should quit FFBE. Here goes again:

I played this at launch for a few months and built up a pretty good team at the time, but haven't played since then and am pretty lost as to what to do. I like to be efficient with my time in these games and don't want to waste thousands of energy trail and erroring my way to a good team.

I have a level 65 lightning and Serah from this most recent event, but everyone else is level 50. For weapons my best are Chocobo Wing, Diamond Sword, Blood Lance, Bomb Core, Physician's Staff. For armor I have Gabranth's Hauberk x2, Genji Helm, Genji Armor, Regal Gown lvl 6 and Regal Gown lvl 5. Is there a certain party I should be using?

I don't really remember abilities, how to get them, or how to upgrade them (which is a problem because I remember that being an important part of the game). What should I be working on there?

I mainly just want a concrete goal I can chip away at over the next few weeks, instead of just mindlessly spending stamina.

edit: I just got Snow's memory crystal for 65 (I guess use him too since I'm low on high level characters?) and a lodestone - can't figure out how to use the lodestone. I assume I can use it on anyone? I'd like to upgrade Sephiroth or Cloud maybe.

I felt the same way after coming back from 2 years inactivity. I was a day 1 player as well.

Best advice is just play the game and pick up on things as you go, even if I made a lengthy post here, most will go over a new/returning players' heads.

As for your team builds, I don't recommend investing anything into your best team just yet, here's why...

You will accumulate a good stock of mythril that can be used for relic pulls, so we recommend you do 11-pulls which cost 50 mythril because it guarantees a relic.

Very likely any relic you pull now will help you out much more than old relics you have, thanks to power creeps.

Best way to farm up mythrils is by clearing realms, so focus on spending your stamina in there. Lv65 Lightning and Serah with Lv50's is good to get you far within realms.

Since you have both physical and magic dps, using Celes "Maria's Song" and Onion Knights "Vessel of Fate" will be good choices for RW (friends roaming warriors) to help you win realms and events. The link to finding friend codes is on the OT links.

Try to do events also as you are able, it unlocks more characters and more mythril as well.

Keep us posted with your pulls so we can give you advice how to build your team.

Creating and honing abilities is one of the best ways to make your teams much stronger, I would just Google "FFRK best abilities to start" or something.

As for the lodestone, it allows you to break the cap for any character, hero of souls lets you unlock any character. Go to Hall of Rites to access these.

Again, focus on the realms for now, equip the best gear you have for now and start making some pulls, maybe in the XIV banner with Y'shtola's headpiece before it goes away on Jan 10, or do Keeper's Vol 2. Senitiel's Grimoire and Platinum Sword are the best items from Keeper's Vol 2.

Let us know how it goes, post more questions if you got more.

Welcome back to FFRK

EDIT: Abilities to start off, see post 3

Wazzy

Banned
^ great post. It really is best to just focus on clearing current events and saving mythril for banners with great relics. Only clear up to what you can and don't worry about Nightmare fights until your characters are higher level and skills are honed.

Anyway working on clearing crystal fights before they go. I blasted Ochu so hopefully rest are the same.

Anustart

Finally beat the ff14 cm with my rag tag group of low level characters.

99 yda with life siphon, r3 fires within. ssb.
99 ysh with burst
level 50 min and pap, pap on chain firaga duty, min just popped off debuffs and not much else.

Level 60 thancred with that ninja fire magic and dismissal. dismissal triggered like 4 times, proving useful.

Brought terra osb as rw. she did 80k between the 2 uses.

The 13 cm is gonna be a cakewalk in comparison.

MrDaravon

I like how I had no problems finding a Raid group to clear the d200 Aiatar fight, but I literally cannot find a group capable of clearing the d160 version of it. Like, what in the actual fuck. And I wasted 60 stamina trying to clear it solo and failed bad, shit is rough. Two separate occasions we had two Y'shtolas with Medica II/Stoneskin and both of them used Medica at the start instead of Stoneskin. Are you serious

MrDaravon

I just had a DIFFERENT group of two Y'shtolas cast Medica instead of Stoneskin at the start again causing us to fucking wipe immediately. HOW DID I GET A GROUP FOR D200 FIRST TRY BUT CAN'T EVEN GET D160 DOWN TO 75% HP???

Wazzy

Banned
Done all crystal fights now just need to do Ultima. I have Beatrix, Selphie and Seifer for it so it shouldn't be too hard.

WarAdept

I like how I had no problems finding a Raid group to clear the d200 Aiatar fight, but I literally cannot find a group capable of clearing the d160 version of it. Like, what in the actual fuck. And I wasted 60 stamina trying to clear it solo and failed bad, shit is rough. Two separate occasions we had two Y'shtolas with Medica II/Stoneskin and both of them used Medica at the start instead of Stoneskin. Are you serious

I found this the case with my pug runs as well. D200, I always get players who have some idea of party composition. D160 is all players who want to pop Dr Mog SB turn 1 and DEE PEE ESS.

The Rogues, Thieves, etc of RK. Cannot understand the idea of raid comps. They just want to see high numbers.

Edit: Holy crap, I just did the Homecoming ++ CM. They all died to one Crushing Blow. Talk about low HP.

MrDaravon

It just happened a 3rd time. This HAS to be some sort of intentional thing or trolling at this point, people cannot be this fucking stupid. I'm going to have to straight up bring Tyro with SG AND Lenna with her healing BSB to fucking deal with this and just forcibly carry a group. Fucking unbelievable. This is all 99's with BSBs and shit, this has to be some sort of trolling. I've wasted so much fucking Stamina on this bullshit today, and this is my only "free" day as I need orbs badly from literally every other day. Actually kind of legitimately pissed, I'm going to have to burn Mythril tonight to clear this, the Torment dungeons (which I haven't even looked at yet which I'm sure will be fun) and the XIII bonus battles.

And yeah the Homcecoming++ CM was hilariously easy with Crushing Blow.

Xetherion

Wtf is up with the Torment bosses' dmg? Phobos' aoe hit my party for 2k even with Sea Lord's Broadside (reverse wall), Shellga, and Heathen Frolic.

How the hell did you guys beat these things?

Kenai

It just happened a 3rd time. This HAS to be some sort of intentional thing or trolling at this point, people cannot be this fucking stupid. I'm going to have to straight up bring Tyro with SG AND Lenna with her healing BSB to fucking deal with this and just forcibly carry a group. Fucking unbelievable. This is all 99's with BSBs and shit, this has to be some sort of trolling. I've wasted so much fucking Stamina on this bullshit today, and this is my only "free" day as I need orbs badly from literally every other day. Actually kind of legitimately pissed, I'm going to have to burn Mythril tonight to clear this, the Torment dungeons (which I haven't even looked at yet which I'm sure will be fun) and the XIII bonus battles.

And yeah the Homcecoming++ CM was hilariously easy with Crushing Blow.

Now you know why I bring Ramza or a DPS/Ysh and then refresh teams til I see either a SG Tyro or OK or both. I gotta do it myself.

Take advtange of the fact that you have GAF (and Reddit?) and make a group of less randoms and it tends to work way better too.

MrDaravon

Praise Jesus I finally did it, had to use Tyro AND Y'shtola to get it done LOL. Of course this wound up being the group where it probably would have been fine to not have to double up -_-.

Still gonna have to burn some mythril to get all of the events done tonight though unless I want to cut into orb grinding time :/

WarAdept

Praise Jesus I finally did it, had to use Tyro AND Y'shtola to get it done LOL. Of course this wound up being the group where it probably would have been fine to not have to double up -_-.

Still gonna have to burn some mythril to get all of the events done tonight though unless I want to cut into orb grinding time :/

I always run Tyro + OK for Wall + Vessel. Even then, they fuck things up.

Wtf is up with the Torment bosses' dmg? Phobos' aoe hit my party for 2k even with Sea Lord's Broadside (reverse wall), Shellga, and Heathen Frolic.

How the hell did you guys beat these things?
Keep Ysh'tola Stoneskin + Sentinel Grimoire + Multi-Break + Shellga + Magic Breakdown up at all times

Wazzy

Banned
Ultima down. Wasn't too bad though the Ultima spam was annoying.

Trying out the multi dungeons again. I still hate that my game crashes almost every time after I finish one.

So I asked this a few days ago, but only really got a snarky response about how I should quit FFBE.

Sorry, i was literally in your exact shoes 3 weeks ago. BE left me extremely bitter and full of inexplicable hatred, which probably explains the snarkiness :-/

Fwiw i opted to start over with a brand new character, and i think it paid off in the long run due to the extra story dungeon mythril. I'm now clearing D200s on a 4 week old account

How do I get the memory crystal 3 things? I've only gotten one, which I believe was a log-in bonus.

Everything is hella tough with only one party member above 80 :(

Dragner

How do I get the memory crystal 3 things? I've only gotten one, which I believe was a log-in bonus.

Everything is hella tough with only one party member above 80 :(

Memory Cristals are tied to Ultimate + battles. If it is difficult dont worry, you dont need your characters to be over 80 for anything right now and you will get some crystals that they give as rewards here and there. Eventually you will tackle U+ battles and start getting one a week.

WarAdept

Torment V - D250

Yeah this was a cake compared to the D200 CM. I probably should've have gone mage meta when the only piece of mage weapons I have for V is one of Krile's Whips, but eh, mastered is mastered.

Vp5a5IS.jpg

FFV bonus battles done. Bartz took two attempts. Ragequit the first one then figured out my mistake of not fullbreaking, shared medica as soon as his all stat buff went off. I still had the wrong RM on Bartrz so couldn't spam his SSB as much as I'd like (which is really what made the Cid mission happen, my damage output would be too poor without it)

Primal Exdeath was a bit of a mess but my SBs pulled through for first try. What do I mean by mess? Forgetting to hone Tiamat so wave 1 took a bit longer, overestimating how much SB I could build up and underestimating damage so Terra didn't even get to do the SSB+OSB combo on wave 3 (the OSB did a good chunk to last phase though...plus Hopes BSB command 2 got used for the first and last time ever).

It's like the time when Yuna became a Samurai:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nex8-BRACk8

FF14 Ultimate++ was real easy for me as opposed to FFV Ultimate++ which gave me a hard time. I one shotted Garuda so I'm happy about that.

Anyone know when 4* mote dungeons are coming back? I'm sorely lacking on those motes!

FF14 Ultimate++ was real easy for me as opposed to FFV Ultimate++ which gave me a hard time. I one shotted Garuda so I'm happy about that.

Anyone know when 4* mote dungeons are coming back? I'm sorely lacking on those notes!

Not sure when but I read that it was slightly delayed because of all the orbfest shenanigans.

I want them back so I can finally take my revenge on Mote Ifrit. Serah BSB and Papa (with SSB) are going. to. town.

WarAdept

Man this Barthandalus CM is annoying as hell if you want to CM clear and master at the same time.

Lightning is a given considering two of the requirements (Interrupt/Slow) can be done with her alone (better if you have her BSB, I don't so I'm stuck with Dismissal).

Need Sazh (or Fang with SB) for support to mitigate damage.

Vanille for healing.

Then dealing with RNG procs of Dismissal/Tempo Flurry and the dispel/AoE spam at the end.

EDIT: RNG smiles upon me this run. Done! Thundering Twinstrike to R3!

mstevens

Fwiw i opted to start over with a brand new character, and i think it paid off in the long run due to the extra story dungeon mythril. I'm now clearing D200s on a 4 week old account

That's not a half bad idea, although it will be hard to delete considering how much time (and a little money) I put into the original account.

Wazzy

Banned
Me and another player had to basically do the Coerl raid ourselves since our third member was useless. Thankfully the fight isn't hard at all and would have been even easier with a full raid.

To the Squall/Eiko user who paired with my Rinoa/Y'shotla to carry the fight, Bless your wonderful taste in leads plus actually bringing decent characters.

That's not a half bad idea, although it will be hard to delete considering how much time (and a little money) I put into the original account.

I was the same, i had tons of blue gear and had put $200-$300 into the game. I'm so far ahead of my old account now it's not even funny.

If you were to do this now you'd have slightly less of an advantage as i did because i got in right before orbfest. On the other hand, 2 yr anniversary fest is coming in ~2 months, and if you could hoard mythril till then (you could easily get 600), you'd probably be pretty well off.

The reason it made such a big difference starting over is because a) all your 2* and 3* hones are just wasted orbs now, and b) you could re-earn all that story mythril and spend it on today's banners instead of 1yr old banners.

Up to you though, just something to think about

Balphon

Man this Barthandalus CM is annoying as hell if you want to CM clear and master at the same time.

Lightning is a given considering two of the requirements (Interrupt/Slow) can be done with her alone (better if you have her BSB, I don't so I'm stuck with Dismissal).!

Fang and Noel have 4* celerity too.

You don't really need Protect so you can give Slowga to Vanille.

Anustart

Holy shit fuck the torment dungeon the amount of hit and run needed to even have a chance is brutal.

I didnt have to do any hit and run to master normally. though im thinking about it for the cm.

I seriously think i had the cm beat just now, but krile got fucking silenced right at the end. so pissed.

Top Bottom