• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

WarAdept

Chocobo Suit stats:

ATK: 15
MAG: 14
MND: 14
DEF: 59
RES: 63 (+1)
EVA: 105

V synergy

ATK: 31
MAG: 26
MND: 26
DEF: 107
RES: 125 (+2)

This screams Bracer stats instead of Light Armour. Will still take happily because it'll be my first Shared Shellga (and that'll help with team comps immensely for CM's).

thedan001

Chocobo Suit stats:

V synergy

ATK: 31
MAG: 26
MND: 26
DEF: 107
RES: 125 (+2)

This screams Bracer stats instead of Light Armour. Will still take happily because it'll be my first Shared Shellga (and that'll help with team comps immensely for CM's).

Bleh, worse than my Emerald Bracer (X)

Chocobo Suit

VS

Emerald Bracer
ATK: 20
MAG: 19
MND: 19
DEF: 74
RES: 78 (+1)

I'll use it for Torrent CM and future FFV CM's, but that's about it

Syntsui

Holy shit, just crushed both apocalypse raids with a party of randoms and those were the most intense fights I've ever had. Multiplayer is just way too good.

Minfillia's last stand + Vanille's instant Curaja is just absurdly good. Gilgamesh posed the biggest threat but thanks to this combo he couldn't permanently kill any of the team members. One of them had a TauntLiate Greg and saved ours asses too many times too.

WarAdept

Bleh, worse than my Emerald Bracer (X)

Chocobo Suit

VS

Emerald Bracer
ATK: 20
MAG: 19
MND: 19
DEF: 74
RES: 78 (+1)

I'll use it for Torrent CM and future FFV CM's, but that's about it

I think the Celebration Daggers are the only freebie 5*'s that have actually been of standard 5* stat quality. Rest of the freebies are always within the 4.5* range. Still amazing when they give heaps of them out multiple times (like the Halloween Pumpkin) to combine into absurd stat sticks.

Still haven't combined my Gold Swords (VII) because it's my only swords in the VII realm.

thedan001

Holy shit, just crushed both apocalypse raids with a party of randoms and those were the most intense fights I've ever had. Multiplayer is just way too good.

Minfillia's last stand + Vanille's instant Curaja is just absurdly good. Gilgamesh posed the biggest threat but thanks to this combo he couldn't permanently kill any of the team members. One of them had a TauntLiate Greg and saved ours asses too many times too.

Awesome to hear you cleared them without any problems, glad you're enjoying it!

There are sometimes bad run-ins with randoms but that's expected.

I think the Celebration Daggers are the only freebie 5*'s that have actually been of standard 5* stat quality. Rest of the freebies are always within the 4.5* range. Still amazing when they give heaps of them out multiple times (like the Halloween Pumpkin) to combine into absurd stat sticks.

Still haven't combined my Gold Swords (VII) because it's my only swords in the VII realm.

I was happy to get a freebie shared shellga until I realized I already had an alternative.

I'll take it nonetheless.

Meh, 3x 11 pulls and I didn't get Cid Raines' BSB. All out of gems though, so I'm done.

Quantity wise though I did pretty well. Pulls were 4/11, 3/11, and 4/11. I can make 8* Cid's Finery (Light Armor), and 6* Flamberge (Lightning Sword) and Battle Standard (Snow Fist)

5/22... 2 Flamberges, 2 Guns, 1 bow. Dupe dupe everywhere. Still helps my very lacking XIII synergy but it's 300 Mythrils recently without the thing I want. Not that bad, but it starts to add up.

Syntsui

It really doesnt help that this banner is so close to FF IX and Tactics, I got another trash from the gems and I won't waste precious mithril.

Syntsui

Ah shit. I want Zidane's OSB.

Flip flopping between pulling or not on Raines.
Will it seriously impact your team in a way that you will beat content you currently can't? Do you like this, extremely forgettable, character?

Will you miss your mithril when you see Zidane's OSB shinning in a few days? What will Orlandu think about you when you don't have the mithril to pull his BSB?

Syntsui

IX and Tactics are my favorite games of all time, it doesn't help that both banners are great. I fear what is about to happen.

Xetherion

100 gems: trash

11 pull: 3/11, Cid's Finery, Battle Standard, and Eagletalon! My first OSB, and it's holy element which goes with the only imperil I have! Didn't get Cid's burst, but pretty happy with this result.

I also got four 4*, three of which were Survival Vest (IX), so instant 4+++ lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jesus, just striking out hard - I got 3 Sahz guns in a single roll and then I got the Snow and Lightning supers in my second. :/

It feels kind of annoying burning 250 mythril and on two banners and not getting anything remotely useful.

Maybe spending 250 mythril on getting orbs and honing IS the better move in the long run. :/

Falk

that puzzling face
Jesus, just striking out hard - I got 3 Sahz guns in a single roll and then I got the Snow and Lightning supers in my second. :/

It feels kind of annoying burning 250 mythril and on two banners and not getting anything remotely useful.

Maybe spending 250 mythril on getting orbs and honing IS the better move in the long run. :/

you should have waited for guaranteed 5*

Tidd

Lightning was harder than the U++ because she's pretty fast. Had to restart the game a few times because she got to her AOE attack faster than I could set up my mitigation.

I can't wait for the FF IX event, Hope I will pull something great again. Zidane's Enwind and OSB would be great! Otherwise I wouldn't mind Kuja's BSB or Beatrix SSB sword as a consolation prize. And I know what I will get: a 3/11 pull with 3 Thunder Gloves.

Holy shit barthandelus lvl200 was intense.

I went with OK BSB and Yshtola's Wall.

Hope - Yshota's BSB

Kain - Faris

Celes with indomitable blade (absorbing all the magical counters) - Vanille's bsb (this one saved our asses countles times against ruinga and Thanatosian Smile)

Holy shit barthandelus lvl200 was intense.

I went with OK BSB and Yshtola's Wall.

Hope - Yshota's BSB

Kain - Faris

Celes with indomitable blade (absorbing all the magical counters) - Vanille's bsb (this one saved our asses countles times against ruinga and Thanatosian Smile)

Yea it gets rough near the end. You need at least 2 BSB healers constantly spamming their SBs.

God, multiplayer and challenging Ultimates is fantastic. There was tension and mystery with Bart - I also feel pretty damn good running a Minfilia/Vanille combo, as Guts + Transcendent Dream is fantastic support.

Cleared both Conquest battles, and it feels like an accomplishment.

(Meanwhile, in Brave Exvius land, my computer is killing millions of Level 1 dire rats.)

Syntsui

Ok, this is the hardest raid boss since they implemented this system. This motherfucker goes HAM at the end, spamming absurdly powerful AoE spells without catching a break, not even Shellga + Stone Skin is enough holy shit.

Kenai

Yeesh. Decided to do an 11 pull since my 13 gear is straight up bad. Was happy since I got 4 rainbows and a disco ball, but most of them were for characters I actually had stuff for (Lightning, Sazh and Hope). At least I got something passable for Serah too (her bracer thing). 13 wants to mage meta but No native hastega and no native magic boostga is asking for trouble imo. Need to plan it out.

Yea it gets rough near the end. You need at least 2 BSB healers constantly spamming their SBs.

Ok, this is the hardest raid boss since they implemented this system. This motherfucker goes HAM at the end, spamming absurdly powerful AoE spells without catching a break, not even Shellga + Stone Skin is enough holy shit.

Yeah, the last 30% - 20% is a death race, even on lvl160 we had 2 yshtolas spamming asylum back to back + vanille's medica lol, it was crazy.

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't most raids incidentally have 2 healers anyway

Unless you mean two SSB-spamming healers, then yeah.

Tidd

"What an easy raid"
*reaches 20% mark, boss spams 2302320 AOE attacks in a row, everyone dies*
*everyone spams the "help" emote*

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't most raids incidentally have 2 healers anyway

Unless you mean two SSB-spamming healers, then yeah.
The team I was with I only had my Vanille BSSB. It was a DPS team and we kept dying to the last part.

You need people to realize that he needs to get hit with magic break after buffing himself.
Yeah, saved my FB after that but it was clearly not enough. lol

Syntsui

Fuck yeah, I did it!!!

Just had the time of my life with this group, we played like we were next to each other calling out our moves. Everything went perfectly well, I can't believe.

The guys with Ramza was entrusting my Vanille and the other guy's Y'shtola.

My Minfillia's always had the bar for some Last Stand and my Vanille always had the AoE Curaja.

This guy with Ramza had a Vanille too and the guys with Y'shtola had Asylum.

There was a Refia doing a ridiculous amount of damage with her BSB and an OK constantly alternating the buff + SSB.

This shit should have been recorded, it was glorious. I can't wait to actually reach level 80 with my characters, I'll even try the torment dungeon when it happens.

Balphon

Wait, is applying Full Break on a MAG buff not the same as applying Magic Breakdown on a MAG buff? They're both the same percentage

A target can only have one current effect with a given ID. Stat buffs and debuffs are on the same ID, they just modify the stat in a different direction. The most recent one applied has priority.

All +/- MAG abilities are 601. Full break (and all other +/- ATK/MAG/DEF/RES effects) are 609.

Mystic Aura is +MAG (at least it is unless they specifically changed it for this fight). It'll overwrite all existing 601 (MAG) debuffs on him when he casts it and consequently spike his damage, but will be overwritten if you hit him with magic break or whatever again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not full break, magic break. The buff is +MAG, you need to override it or he will murder you.
I know, but I was assuming having the -DEF would be helpful as well. Of course you can't really change anything after the raid starts anyway so, oh well.

Wait, is applying Full Break on a MAG buff not the same as applying Magic Breakdown on a MAG buff? They're both the same percentage
Ideally you stack them. You want to do things like FB/MB/and one of those SSB like Agrias that does MAG/ATK debuff.

Anyway, just beat it. Took 2 Vanilles and a Ysholta to do it... lol

---

Apropos of nothing, I feel stupid for only realizing now that you can unequip SBs to get rid of the crappy ones and not have to deal with going into a sub menu to cast one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Regardless, giving him ultimate dispel and comical low-health spike damage is a bit rude. :)
Certainly wasn't anything I expected. lol
I kind of wish you could do a bit more like ask people to bring certain characters or something, but I guess at that point you need to play with people you know and can talk to outside of the game.

It also makes me wish you could turn off all the SB animations because when there are 8 of them, the game slows to a crawl.

I know, but I was assuming having the -DEF would be helpful as well. Of course you can't really change anything after the raid starts anyway so, oh well.

Ideally you stack them. You want to do things like FB/MB/and one of those SSB like Agrias that does MAG/ATK debuff.

Anyway, just beat it. Took 2 Vanilles and a Ysholta to do it... lol

---

Apropos of nothing, I feel stupid for only realizing now that you can unequip SBs to get rid of the crappy ones and not have to deal with going into a sub menu to cast one.

... I didn't even think of that last point. That would actually save time (perhaps critical time) with SBs like insta-cures. Wow. Thank you.

Right now i have Vanille, Snow, Lightning at 80 and Hope, Fang at 65. If i get Hope and Fang to 80 will that be sufficient for this CM? I have Vanille and Hope's BSB, and Lightning, Snow, and Fang's SSBs, with various 5*-8* gear.

Want to know before i waste eggs on Hope and Fang (incidentally, i also need 2 more MC2s before I can break them, does anyone remember if we're getting any in the next 3-5 days?

Kenai

Wow the new raid is no joke. My pug barely met all the reqs (4 alive) and that was the easier one. 200 is probably going to kick my butt a few times.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
... I didn't even think of that last point. That would actually save time (perhaps critical time) with SBs like insta-cures. Wow. Thank you.
Yeah, considering the innate additional latency for MP, you need all the shortcuts you can get.
Yeah, I only noticed it because a player dropped out of a raid and I had to take over his team and saw that set up. It never occurred to me to do it before. Also saves accidentally casting a crappy SB by accident. lol

Top Bottom