• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

MrDaravon

Just tried the Torment Dungeon CM and nope lol

My FFV Synergy consists of Greg's BSB, Lenna's BSB, Exdeath's SSB and Faris' Wind SSB (?). So I'm sure on paper I 100% could do it (especially since people are doing it with just hones and no SBs) it's an exercise in frustration and I'm just not interested in S/L'ing it to death to get an ideal trash mob run and whatnot. Unless the 2 Wind Crystals are going to prevent me from crafting/honing something I'm just going to wait on this unless I get some baller FFV relics/powercreep/whatever. I probably could have done it if I had Krile's Sheepsong natively so I could RW Wall. I tried a few times a few different ways, with Sheepsong or Vessel I couldn't keep up with their damage, and if I RW'd Wall I just wasn't doing enough damage. Both ways I could get all 3 down to ~40%ish so with some further tweaking and native Sheepsong I'd probably be confident and grinding it out until I could pull it off, but I currently value my time more than 2 Wind Crystals, at least right now.

Just tried the Torment Dungeon CM and nope lol

My FFV Synergy consists of Greg's BSB, Lenna's BSB, Exdeath's SSB and Faris' Wind SSB (?). So I'm sure on paper I 100% could do it (especially since people are doing it with just hones and no SBs) it's an exercise in frustration and I'm just not interested in S/L'ing it to death to get an ideal trash mob run and whatnot. Unless the 2 Wind Crystals are going to prevent me from crafting/honing something I'm just going to wait on this unless I get some baller FFV relics/powercreep/whatever. I probably could have done it if I had Krile's Sheepsong natively so I could RW Wall. I tried a few times a few different ways, with Sheepsong or Vessel I couldn't keep up with their damage, and if I RW'd Wall I just wasn't doing enough damage. Both ways I could get all 3 down to ~40%ish so with some further tweaking and native Sheepsong I'd probably be confident and grinding it out until I could pull it off, but I currently value my time more than 2 Wind Crystals, at least right now.

This is basically how I feel and the situation I'm in. Considering it'll come back I'll just relax and let power creep carry me through the cid mission.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know when I said I'd go back and do Ifrit mote when powercreep was enough?

Powercreep still isn't enough

Help

Barthandelus CM was hard considering i have jack shit for ff13 characters. Pulled it off with Snow, Lightning, and Vanille, everyone had 2 seconds left on their doom counters.

Lightning Full Charge/Lifesiphon/SSB
Snow Lifesiphon/Meteor Crush
Vanille Curaja/Slowga/BSB

ccbfan

Some asshole just tried to troll an entire team on 160 multi.

Changed all his skills into unusable things and left. Luckily though he forgot to change his characters ssb and rms and left lenna's ssb and bssb with a charge. The bssb was self sustaining enough that I didn't even need good skills. His other character was trash though.

Manage through it and even got 6000 greens from it.

Ysh bssb is insanely op in multiplayer.

mstevens

Decided to just start my account over since things are so much different/power creeped since launch. Going to save as much Mythril as I can until I get stuck.

thedan001

Decided to just start my account over since things are so much different/power creeped since launch. Going to save as much Mythril as I can until I get stuck.

That's great to do, I really recommend 1-2 of 11-pulls into XIV banner 1 (Y'shtola/Alphinaud) before it's gone.

It's one of the godly banners ever, then save up mythril for year 2 anniversary in 2 months. This will get your new account into top shape and be able to clear all content, plus enough stamina from clearing realms to do orbfest when it comes back too.

That's great to do, I really recommend 1-2 of 11-pulls into XIV banner 1 (Y'shtola/Alphinaud) before it's gone.

It's one of the godly banners ever, then save up mythril for year 2 anniversary in 2 months. This will get your new account into top shape and be able to clear all content, plus enough stamina from clearing realms to do orbfest when it comes back too.

Might even consider re rolling until you get Alph + Y'shtola BSB

mstevens

Might even consider re rolling until you get Alph + Y'shtola BSB

Rerolling seems complicated. I'm on iOS. I had to download an android emulator to create a new account, and then transfer over using the one time code. I'm not sure if it's possible to reroll without linking to a new email address every time.

Rerolling seems complicated. I'm on iOS. I had to download an android emulator to create a new account, and then transfer over using the one time code. I'm not sure if it's possible to reroll without linking to a new email address every time.

Ahh yea I forgot about that :(

Anustart

Would still take less time than rerolling on exvius and pulling over 600 characters and only getting a 5 star locke out of it on the 15 banner.

thedan001

I'm finally caught up with the events and CM.

I'm not bothering with torrents, rather spend my time and stamina into clearing realms and farming orbs from multipkayer and ultimates.

I gotta get my honing swag up to WarAdept's status!

I'm not gonna comment on rerolling, because I know in this case,it will be worth rerolling for XIV banner but rerolling isn't fun at all.

If you aren't keen into rerolls, playing through the game as normal and getting 100 mythrils will only take a day's worth of playing.

Up to you, cpp is hardcore like that.

Falk

that puzzling face
Would still take less time than rerolling on exvius and pulling over 600 characters and only getting a 5 star locke out of it on the 15 banner.

I pulled Lightning on the first Lightning banner in the first 10-pull.

The trick to Falk getting good gacha luck is quitting.

Xetherion

Barthandelus CM was hard considering i have jack shit for ff13 characters. Pulled it off with Snow, Lightning, and Vanille, everyone had 2 seconds left on their doom counters.

Lightning Full Charge/Lifesiphon/SSB
Snow Lifesiphon/Meteor Crush
Vanille Curaja/Slowga/BSB

For anyone who hasn't done Barthandelus CM yet, it's easy with a geared up Hope OSB RW. One i used did 64k per use with just Full Break boosting its damage. So just get Bart down to 1/2 hp while getting medal conditions, then let loose with the RW.

Even though most of Bart's moves are magical, he likes to spam a LR phys version of Laser during his phase 2 that will OHKO your peeps most likely if you don't bring some kind of physical mitigation. I was fortunate to have Vanille's Protectga medica, but if you don't i would have Sazh bring Full Break and Power Breakdown (none of Bart's magical stuff hit anywhere near as hard as that phys Laser). Or you could have Protectga on Vanille instead of Shellga and bring Magic Breakdown on Sazh instead.

WarAdept

Those that are struggling with Barthandelus CM, we are getting a Shared Shellga in the form of the Chocobo Suit in 2 days. With ProShellga, Full Break and Mag/Power Breakdown, it should be enough for poverty setups (provided you're on top of refreshing buffs/healing when he does his dispel on Phase 4).

thedan001

My FFXIII synergy is kinda so-so

What I have so far is:

65 Lightning w/ Peacemaker
80 Vanille w/ BSB
50 Fang with BSB
50 Snow with Soverign Fist (interrupt SB)
70 Serah w/ BSB

Sazh and Raines both Lv1 and no SB's

How should I fix the lack of support chars?

30 mins left of exp daily, I would like to egg/power level either Sazh or Raines to 65 before daily ends

Any advice?

Consideration for ult+ CM of course

EDIT: Got my answer from discord, gonna level up Sazh for FB, thanks

Anustart

Downed bart on first try. Snow, lightning and vanille.

lightninh had r3 full charge and life siphon, smite sb.

snow had life siphon and i dunno what else, entrench sb, vanille burst, shell and curaja.

cpp up there is confusing me. bart didnt use doom on me, is that just a possible attack? usually doom is scripted first move.

Also got greg and vanille from 80 to 99 today. Productive xp daily!

Dragner

I have no concept of FFBE's economy at all and I still feel bad for that guy.

around 2k dollars to get a featured 5*, he got 3 total base 5* on his pulls to get the equivalent of 3 rainbows on RK (FFBE 5* are more useful than any relic on RK since there is no synergy and everything is useful anywhere but still...)

So this guy is the falk.jpg of ffbe?

https://youtu.be/zoDefMq24OE

I watched this yesterday and omfg. Sry for the off topic.
He used 255k Lapis plus 36 tickets and almost 600 pulls later, gets one Dark Fina. I'm surprised he kept pulling after sinking that much money on it already. He only got 8 rainbows. Damn.
I do feel sorry for the guy. Everytime he sees a rainbow, then gets disappointed when its a different unit.

Syntsui

He used 255k Lapis plus 36 tickets and almost 600 pulls later, gets one Dark Fina. I'm surprised he kept pulling after sinking that much money on it already. He only got 8 rainbows. Damn.
I do feel sorry for the guy. Everytime he sees a rainbow, then gets disappointed when its a different unit.
Why would you feel sorry for a guy's that does this shit every single banner. He has the moneys, believe it.

Nothing to be sorry here. Check his videos, specially Ramza and Elza banners.

Decided to jump back in after.....a really long time away.

Current team I'm using is :

DK Cecil (lv57)
Rosa (20...just got her bow)
Greg (76)
Ramza (14...new)
Cloud (58)

Also w/ Exdeath (65...have his armor)

5* relics

Chocobo Wing, Zant, Betrayal Sword, Gold Sword, Full Metal Staff, Chaos Rod (Yuna), Artemis Bow (Rosa), 2x Fujin's Chakram, Genji Armor, Dark Armor (Cecil), 2x Exdeath's Cuirass (...Exdeath).

Up to 81 stamina right now just kind of doing....things. Which direction or team should I be working on?

DK Cecil (lv57)
Greg (76)
Ramza (14...new)
Cloud (58)

5* relics

Chocobo Wing, Zant, Betrayal Sword, Gold Sword, Full Metal Staff, Chaos Rod (Yuna), Artemis Bow (Rosa), 2x Fujin's Chakram, Genji Armor, Dark Armor (Cecil), 2x Exdeath's Cuirass (...Exdeath).

Up to 81 stamina right now just kind of doing....things. Which direction or team should I be working on?

Keep working through story dungeons until you have enough mythril to do pulls. Let your team be decided by the strongest weapons you receive. Once you've got an A-team that can really plow through stuff, then you can kind of go free reigns and start doing whatever you'd like.

Helpful tip:
Make sure your team always has protecga and shellga.
Get Vanille from the event, unlock her Record Materia "pulse kindness" and keep it on your team's healer at all times.

Dragner

DK Cecil (lv57)
Greg (76)
Ramza (14...new)
Cloud (58)

5* relics

You shouyld try to get as much mythril as you can and use it on FFXIV banner 1. Its an excellent banner full of very important relics including all 3 pieces of trinity (wall, hastega/boostga, medica) and all 3 burst on the banner are super helpful for a new player since all of them help when you are low on hones.

After that then decide, nowadays running hybrid teams is super easy so you can just run your strongest characters as long as you have the bassic healer/support/3dps configuration.

I have no concept of FFBE's economy at all and I still feel bad for that guy.

Imagine spending $2k to get a single featured banner 5* relic (bsb or osb). Then imagine the game was such garbage that this is the norm every banner. Don't know why people even still play this. Yiu know it's bad when even other whales think your gacha is a joke

Dragner

Imagine spending $2k to get a single featured banner 5* relic (bsb or osb). Then imagine the game was such garbage that this is the norm every banner. Don't know why people even still play this. Yiu know it's bad when even other whales think your gacha is a joke

I knew it was bad, but then I checked that gumi actually threw several limited time banners between desirable banners (FFBF banner, FF3 and Halloween ones for example), just to entice whales, or you are a god of F2P or you will lose all of that limited units because you spent all your lapis chasing Luneth...

God Bless DeNA, they look like saints compared to Gumi.

I have very limited experience with BE and I redownloaded it today to kill time but as far as other similar F2P games, I would argue that this game is one of THE most F2P friendly games I have ever seen. Even if your relic situation isn't the best, you could still do so much as far as content goes to improve your standing - abilities in particular. Hell, even if it's painful to get a lot of 3* and 4* from draws instead of 5* and above, these relics STILL have a use to them when used for synergy in realms you are generally lacking in. Let's not even get to the generousity in Mythril as of late and basically, no matter what rank of player you are and how much you spend, you can find hours upon hours of entertainment in this game.

This, alongside Jetpack Joyride, is the only game I ever spend any money on (only 100gem draws) and I do not regret it for one second.

You shouyld try to get as much mythril as you can and use it on FFXIV banner 1. Its an excellent banner full of very important relics including all 3 pieces of trinity (wall, hastega/boostga, medica) and all 3 burst on the banner are super helpful for a new player since all of them help when you are low on hones.

After that then decide, nowadays running hybrid teams is super easy so you can just run your strongest characters as long as you have the bassic healer/support/3dps configuration.

Did an 11 and got Viel of Wiyu.

I knew it was bad, but then I checked that gumi actually threw several limited time banners between desirable banners (FFBF banner, FF3 and Halloween ones for example), just to entice whales, or you are a god of F2P or you will lose all of that limited units because you spent all your lapis chasing Luneth...

Tge part that kills me and that i still can't get over is that on top of all this, the best way to improve your character is literally by not playing. Every stamina you use actually playing the game will do less for your long term strength than putting your phone down, turning on a macro on your pc, and going and doing something else with your time. So ridiculous, can't even make stuff like this up

Dragner

Did an 11 and got Viel of Wiyu.

Congrats, thats one of the best relics(if not the best) on the banner, Alphinaud is a DPS machine, you can spam his first command for great damage because its instachain, you will charge bar fast and instachain next bsb cast and keep going. You can also give him magic and be useful even at low hones because his second commands restores uses from your skills.

Tge part that kills me and that i still can't get over is that on top of all this, the best way to improve your character is literally by not playing. Every stamina you use actually playing the game will do less for your long term strength than putting your phone down, turning on a macro on your pc, and going and doing something else with your time. So ridiculous, can't even make stuff like this up

yeah, I left the game after being 1 month grinding 2 excaliburs 2 dual wields and 1 sufurabuki nonstop with a macro and nothing else. After I finished I was so sick of it that left.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Anyone wanna help me clear the 200 Raid dungeons in about ~3 hours, before they expire? I don't have the best shit, but I can bring along healing BSBs, Tyro's wall, Vaan's debuffing BSB, etc.

TM farming is a pain in the ass that is for sure. I don't have a problem per say with how it works but I just wish the game had more content so you didn't have to just do that when an event isn't going on or you finish it within an hour. The pull rates suck but I can't be mad since I have had incredible luck there. My luck on this game has actually been far far worse.

Syntsui

I'd like to try the 200 raids to if you guys are available. I think I could contribute with Y'shtola Stoneskin/Vanille BSB. DPS wise I just don't have the hones but I guess Yda with BSB/Thancred with BSB/SSB2 could have some value.

You have one of the best SBs for performing a full mage team.

Use Lulu in conjunction with Krile would be the best way of maximising this situation until you can get better offensive mage SBs.

I replaced Lightning with Lulu, with Krile still in the mix. The results have been v fruitful. Thanks!

Gonna try an FF13 pull....all I want is something with overstrike :(

thedan001

I replaced Lightning with Lulu, with Krile still in the mix. The results have been v fruitful. Thanks!

Gonna try an FF13 pull....all I want is something with overstrike :(

I have multiple BSB's and OSB's

I prefer BSB's over OSB's unless a specific OSB has an element strong against a boss

BSB commands usually come with a 4x hit burst commands dealing 8k~16k worth of damage a turn aganist ultimates. Each turn as you use burst commands, you save yourself from running out of honed abilities and same time build more SB to use BSB again

With a strong/utilized BSB, it goes much farther than an overstrike doing 50k~80k aganist ultimates

Only way to consistently do 99k against ultimate bosses is full on debuff/buffs with en-element or imperials and that's more prep work over a BSB which can deliver similar results

One advantage that OSB's have over BSB's is spike damage and most ultimate battles call for endurance and mitigation giving favor to BSB's in my opinion

TM farming is a pain in the ass that is for sure. I don't have a problem per say with how it works but I just wish the game had more content so you didn't have to just do that when an event isn't going on or you finish it within an hour. The pull rates suck but I can't be mad since I have had incredible luck there. My luck on this game has actually been far far worse.

I hate Brave Exvius, Even with half way decent luck ( which I think I had) you get to a point where you just can't continue because you are missing some critical component (Dual wield in my case). I even had Good "top tier" units (Cecil, Elza, Ramza) but you eventually get to a point where the whole game literally passes you by (arena without Dual Wield). The Macro/TM Farm BS is just icing on the cake of frustration.

having trouble with Bartz for some reason. I'll keep hammering away until the even goes away though. Is that tomorrow?

thedan001

having trouble with Bartz for some reason. I'll keep hammering away until the even goes away though. Is that tomorrow?

Yes, tomorrow

Expires 27 hours and 30 mins from this post time stamp

You can post your team setups, equipments, SB's, etc if you want advice/counsel from GAF for some fresh perspectives

Yes, tomorrow

Expires 27 hours and 30 mins from this post time stamp

You can post your team setups, equipments, SB's, etc if you want advice/counsel from GAF for some fresh perspectives

Native - Ramza (Shout), Y'Shtola (Wall),
BSBs - Vaan, Celes, Luneth, Aerith, Alph, Minfilia, Cecil, Lightning , Bartz, Locke, Tidus
OSBs - Greg and Edgar

What I tried before was Ramza, Aerith, Greg, Bartz and Vaan. Got close but could not punch through. Going to try swapping Greg with Celes just to get through and get the MC3.

I just can't seem to keep up the healing. I have other Medicas but Aerith is my only medica burst AND also have another medica.

WarAdept

BSBs - Vaan, Celes, Luneth, Aerith, Alph, Minfilia, Cecil, Lightning , Bartz, Locke, Tidus
OSBs - Greg and Edgar

What I tried before was Ramza, Aerith, Greg, Bartz and Vaan. Got close but could not punch through. Going to try swapping Greg with Celes just to get through and get the MC3.

I just can't seem to keep up the healing. I have other Medicas but Aerith is my only medica burst AND also have another medica.

Looking at your gear/SB selection and your comment about not being able to keep up with healing suggests to me you're getting blasted by Blue Mage Missile Salvo, an AoE attack that does a percentage of your Max HP (and is also a counter to Bartz being hit with magic, leave your mages at home!)

Equip Instant KO accessories (no more than medium or higher, slight does nothing), that'll make Blue Mage Salvo miss entirely. Of you don't have any, don't be afraid to run double healer (Y'shtola for Wall/Protectga, Aerith for consistent medica heals with BSB.)

You have plenty of juice to do this!

Looking at your gear/SB selection and your comment about not being able to keep up with healing suggests to me you're getting blasted by Blue Mage Missile Salvo, an AoE attack that does a percentage of your Max HP (and is also a counter to Bartz being hit with magic, leave your mages at home!)

Equip Instant KO accessories (no more than medium or higher, slight does nothing), that'll make Blue Mage Salvo miss entirely. Of you don't have any, don't be afraid to run double healer (Y'shtola for Wall/Protectga, Aerith for consistent medica heals with BSB.)

You have plenty of juice to do this!

Did it. I had two relics with Major Instant KO Resist, slapped those on making Aerith and Bartz unkillable and then lifesyphon'd until i was unready to release armageddon. Lost Ramza to a lucky attack at the end but still championed.

You have FFXIII accessory from the current event.
Sadly, Minor KO resist is completely useless.

Things like Blue Mage Missile Salvo have a 303% chance of hitting. Major KO resist reduces this to something like 3% and moderate reduces this to something below 100%.

OSBs - Greg and Edgar

I did it Cid mission with 4*+++ FFV gear, two white mages, a shared medica and shout RW (debatable difference due to softcap). I had Bartz SSB for big damage (+def buff) so I think you've got the tools to complete.

If doing Cid mission bringing Bartz have him with Steal power and have your support bring Full Breakdown and Armour Breakdown (I'll explain in a sec). For damage you can try Greg with Gaia's cross and have him take hits early on for SB gauge (before he uses Trueblade of Legend nearly all of his attacks are PHY do will be drawn in*) to give you OSB charges and use those to finish off the fight. I imagine it will do 40-50k damage so that is about 30% of his HP total and the very weak phase is below 41% HP.

When he uses Trueblade of Legend (71% HP) use armour breakdown to get rid of the def buff he just gave himself. Just before he is at 41% HP make sure your support user and medica are ready as Light of the Four hits hard and you want to sort out the 4 stat buff ASAP. Also this is one of those battles where the idea is to save up your big hitters to end the very weak phase really quickly as people will start getting KOd (50% chance of using Monk Kick...his strongest attack and AoE too). The remove haste medal condition is annoying (another reason to bring two white mages though so you can have one with dispel, I guess also have them ready to go) and doesn't actually help (haste/slow in this game affect ATB bars and at the very weak phase bartz has 650 speed which is nearly instant ATB anyway).

*-after that it only his double cut counter and the quad shot are PHY. What do I mean by PHY. That is the coded attack type. Physical lure only works of PHY. Now in the game NAT type attacks exist and these can be physical or magical damage but basically exist to ignore lures.

Top Bottom