• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Wow, that new Barth raid is nuts. At less than 50% hp, he spams spells all day and this is on 160 difficulty. Gonna bring OK as full support.

Dragner

Ill try bart 200 when I come home fron work. Seems that it will be fun in pugs^^.

In other news tried to get Cid BSB but got snow SSB, Serah SSB and Hope OSB. Ill take it.

Balphon

In my one successful D200 run the OK forgot to use Full Break so we got novice.

*sigh*

Took another hour but I got a mastery run.

Everything about that encounter is designed to make it a huge pain in the ass.

EDIT: KO resist is once again very helpful for the fight. Likewise, Bart has no physical attacks so don't bother with Protect and Power Breaks.

thedan001

Ill try bart 200 when I come home fron work. Seems that it will be fun in pugs^^.

In other news tried to get Cid BSB but got snow SSB, Serah SSB and Hope OSB. Ill take it.

I got Raines SSB, and Snow SSB, lol

Took 4 tries with pugs but won d200 bart

Party set up was

Vanille bsb, Maria bsb
OK bsb, Vanille bsb
Vaan bsb, Tyro wall
Serah bsb, Penelope ssb

I had my Vanille use faith on all mages, maria bsb was doing 40k total and command 1 for 30k each time

The key was timing of cures and rebuffing after dispel

WarAdept

The lure of Raines BSB was too strong.

x11 pull 1.

Meteorblaze

x11 pull 2.

x2 Flamberge
Meteorblaze

x11 pull 3.

Ninurta

...Dammit

Kenai

Just had a fantastic pug. The stars aligned just a bit but we won first try.

Player 1 had Snow with his BSB and Lignting with her OSB. Snowe took a lot of hits and Lignting did a lot of DPS with Snowspell and Thundering Spellblades without even considering her OSB.

Player 2 had a Tyro with SG and Eiko BSB. Lots of mitigation with Breakdowns and healing.

Player 4 had Vaan with BSB and OK with BSB. Vaan did a lot of mitigation while doing a lot of damage, and OK is OK.

I was player 3 with my tried and true Ramza/Y'shtola combo. Ramza was able to BSB a few times and Steel the usual suspects in between Dispel and Magic Breakdown while Y'sh was able to store up enough Wrath uses for multiple Asylums in the danger phase. Everyone also managed to get SG/VoF/Shellga/Breakdowns back up following the Dispel before the spam came.

It was a thing of beauty tbh. Doubt I will see it again anytime soon.

Rixa

Getting something from 100 gems pull. My 2nd 5* from 100 pulls (about 10 done total of those 100 gem pulls from different banners).

Screenshot_20170110-104359.png

Is this good weapon for someone else than Snow?

This is my party now. I have one MC2, I guess it goes to Y'shtola and the next one I get is for Greg?

Screenshot_20170110-105022.png

After party is max leveled, I guess its time to start leveling other units.
I have 3 Omnirods, should I combine one Or to another. 2 Omnirods & 1 Thyrus is enough?
Also got 2 Hauberks (the one that Luneth has), but prolly better to keep them separate so long that I get more stuff.

WarAdept

Getting something from 100 gems pull. My 2nd 5* from 100 pulls (about 10 done total of those 100 gem pulls from different banners).

Screenshot_20170110-104359.png

Is this good weapon for someone else than Snow?

This is my party now. I have one MC2, I guess it goes to Y'shtola and the next one I get is for Greg?

Screenshot_20170110-105022.png

After party is max leveled, I guess its time to start leveling other units.
I have 3 Omnirods, should I combine one Or to another. 2 Omnirods & 1 Thyrus is enough?
Also got 2 Hauberks (the one that Luneth has), but prolly better to keep them separate so long that I get more stuff.

Nice 100 gem pull! As a general rule, the majority of 5* pulled gear is useful to anyone who can equip it by virtue of having higher stats than a combined 3++ piece of gear (and obviously when used in the XIII realms, the stats skyrocket for anyone that equips it). Fists are the general weapons of Monks, all of them can use it, but you can slap it on someone like Gilgamesh and bring him to fight in the XIII event with high attack stats.

As for your Omnirods, I'd leave them uncombined if you don't have any other offensive Mage gear. Running 3 of those will give your mages something to equip offrealm until you start building your armoury of realm synergy.

Rixa

Nice 100 gem pull! As a general rule, the majority of 5* pulled gear is useful to anyone who can equip it by virtue of having higher stats than a combined 3++ piece of gear (and obviously when used in the XIII realms, the stats skyrocket for anyone that equips it). Fists are the general weapons of Monks, all of them can use it, but you can slap it on someone like Gilgamesh and bring him to fight in the XIII event with high attack stats.

As for your Omnirods, I'd leave them uncombined if you don't have any other offensive Mage gear. Running 3 of those will give your mages something to equip offrealm until you start building your armoury of realm synergy.

Thank you. I leave Omnirods alone and wait for the future. My plan is now to collect Mythrils for that anniversary (which I did read from this thread) that is coming in few(?) months time.

A week ago I decided to quit ffrk if I didn't pull yshtolas bssb. I pulled it, still been playing. I still really wanted to quit. Now today I said, if I don't pull the cid bssb I quit. Guess what I pulled? Wtf is going on, I'm in to deep, I'll never quit you ffrk.

15894429_10155674952553989_4910187756670202410_n.jpg

I feel like the few hundred dollars I've spent on this game over the course of the first year is finally paying me back in a weird way. I swear to never spend money on it again, but I'm almost justified. Somehow.

Did an 11 pull on the hyped banner. 3/11:
Meteorblaze, Battle Standard and Canopus AMPs.

XIII native hgastega, Cid mission seems more possible (Lightning still sounds like a total pain though). On other news I have too many guns and bows in XIII and hardly any in other realms.

Falk

that puzzling face
A week ago I decided to quit ffrk if I didn't pull yshtolas bssb. I pulled it, still been playing. I still really wanted to quit. Now today I said, if I don't pull the cid bssb I quit. Guess what I pulled? Wtf is going on, I'm in to deep, I'll never quit you ffrk.

i told you threatening to quit works

Dragner

Lightning U+ is, for me. The hardest U+ CM to date. Bartz is a joke in comparison. Her insane speed and insane stats makes for a brutal fight. She even trolls you with aoe waterga so you cant bring gigas armlet. It was super hard and thats me having excellent XIII synergy(Hope OSB, Light and Vanille BSBs).

This is the first U+ battle that I felt wall was necesary so if you have native hastega and boostga and can bring wall the thing becomes more easy.

Syntsui

I don't think I'll be able to master the two last fights, I would have to dedicate the RW to an unit that can interrupt and that would fuck up my team.

Oh sorry for the double post.

WarAdept

Thank you. I leave Omnirods alone and wait for the future. My plan is now to collect Mythrils for that anniversary (which I did read from this thread) that is coming in few(?) months time.

Really good idea. FFRK's Global Anniversary is at the end of March so expect ~250+ mithril from now until that time from logins and events (more if you have story dungeons to complete!).

The 2nd Anniversary Fest is stacked with 3 different Lucky Banners (half price, 1 time pull of x11) back to back, an "Ultros Selection" banner where the community decides what relics to put on a banner (and the first pull is FREE) in addition to the standard 5 Fest Banners we see during a normal Fest!

thedan001

Lightning U+ is, for me. The hardest U+ CM to date. Bartz is a joke in comparison. Her insane speed and insane stats makes for a brutal fight. She even trolls you with aoe waterga so you cant bring gigas armlet. It was super hard and thats me having excellent XIII synergy(Hope OSB, Light and Vanille BSBs).

This is the first U+ battle that I felt wall was necesary so if you have native hastega and boostga and can bring wall the thing becomes more easy.

Stop scaring me with CM's! :mad: lol

Really good idea. FFRK's Global Anniversary is at the end of March so expect ~250+ mithril from now until that time from logins and events (more if you have story dungeons to complete!).

The 2nd Anniversary Fest is stacked with 3 different Lucky Banners (half price, 1 time pull of x11) back to back, an "Ultros Selection" banner where the community decides what relics to put on a banner (and the first pull is FREE) in addition to the standard 5 Fest Banners we see during a normal Fest!

Oh man, this and Switch coming out...

RIP my wallet

Good thing my birthday is in March, good excuse to treat myself!

EDIT: Time to cosplay with chocobo suits

Syntsui

Holy shit, so chances are the community will obviously choose Cid's BSB and OSb to be on that banner right? Now I'm reconsidering my actions...

friz898

Couldn't resist not even doing the 100gem pulls for the last three banners, so bought some gems and did them last night.

Got FFXIV Stardust Rod, and ... what I hate, two rank 3's that I've already maxed into rank 5's so they're trash to me.

On the fights, the giant turtle-camel thing that roams the plains was a harder fight in my opinion than Lightning. Light is just fast and has that terrible AE Physical attack. That fight before it though, omg with the dispells.

My team was:

Snow (80)
Vanille (94)
Lightning (94)
Hope (80)
Cid (80)

I never attempt the last, I wouldn't even do the 160s if it werent for the MC3s. Broke Garnets level cap for our next event. So will have Garnet at 80something and Zidane at 99.

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun with the multiplayer raids. I did several at first but got frustrated with groups and haven't touched since. Plus the rewards didn't seem worth it. I havent looked lately, but sounds like you get a lot of greens that way.

Edit: Stardust Rod not Starburst Rod. Bad eyesight.

Rixa

Stop scaring me with CM's! :mad: lol

Oh man, this and Switch coming out...

RIP my wallet

Good thing my birthday is in March, good excuse to treat myself!
So much stuff o_O. Few months to collect stuff and get levels and get everything.

Dragner

I can guess TG Cid's OSB, but probably not BSB, due to other characters that are popular as well...

In fact, none of Cid's relics were in JP ultros banner either

Probably because JP 2nd anniversary came out before the FFT event with Cid? I wouldn't know

The anniversary came way later after Balthier OSB event, the ultros banner is basically driven 50/50 by nostalgia and powerlevel. Theres good relics (OK Gaunlets) and Outdated but on popular characters (Pecil BSB).

It depends on the buffs you have. If you dont have OK BSB I would pull for it. If you have it then you can perfectly RW it.

I do have OK BSB.

Lightning U+ was super hard, much harder than the U++ IMO. I had to S/L a bunch of times before she didn't just one-shot my healer right off the bat. I hate bosses that get free hits before you can even get mitigation up. This may be a Cid Mission that I don't bother with. :p

Can I have support form GAF intelligence?

I spent hard on the XIV banner, and after 250 mythrils I got all the prizes except the ones I wanted: Ysh's BSB and Alphi's BSB (and Alphi's SSB btw).

Looking at my arsenal, I am extremely weak in mage and healer departments: the only BSBs I have are OK and... Tiny Bee.

The point is: I have mythril for 2 more 11-pulls (+ 25 for a DU lucky draw).

I was thinking of pulling at least once on the Summoner Lucky Draw, for the bigger pool (although I have some dupes in the SSBs, plus Tiny Bee...)

For the other pull, should I:

- pull again on XIV banner 1 hoping for the 3 relics (out of 9) I'm still missing (both BSB grand prizes)
- pull on the Raines banner, where I have zero dupes (and my XIII synergy is bad)
- save for two pulls instead of just one on the Summoner Banner, where my most wanted would be Terra OSB (already have SSB2 for combo), Alphi BSB, Eiko BSB

After that, I don't plan pulling before 2nd Anniversary, excluding possible discounted banners.

Dragner

Im 3/3 vs Apocalypse Bart...its not that bad. Reading reddit it seemed worst than torment. He has one gimmick. Play around it pack mitigation and go to town. For me easier than Gilgamesh. Is worst if you take into account that the people needs to know what they are doing and that can be quite challenging on pugs.

I have only done the Barthandelus 160 so far, intense! Will try 200 tonight.

Was there some lucky banners coming up? I have 60 mythril right now and thinking pulling on IX this week as my synergy there is horribly out of date.

Wazzy

Banned
Im 3/3 vs Apocalypse Bart...its not that bad. Reading reddit it seemed worst than torment. He has one gimmick. Play around it pack mitigation and go to town. For me easier than Gilgamesh. Is worst if you take into account that the people needs to know what they are doing and that can be quite challenging on pugs.
Yeah the fight is actually not bad. It's getting wall back up/full break/magic break after he dispels you that is the trickiest part of the fight.

Yeah the fight is actually not bad. It's getting wall back up/full break/magic break after he dispels you that is the trickiest part of the fight.

I might be misunderstanding something, but I thought Dispel did not affect wall. I thought it only dispelled Protectga and Shellga. Also getting dispelled shouldn't necessitate getting Full Break / Magic Break back up right? It will still be on him after he dispels you (but obviously you shouldn't neglect getting it back up as you normally would)

Balphon

I might be misunderstanding something, but I thought Dispel did not affect wall. I thought it only dispelled Protectga and Shellga. Also getting dispelled shouldn't necessitate getting Full Break / Magic Break back up right? It will still be on him after he dispels you (but obviously you shouldn't neglect getting it back up as you normally would)

Some enemy dispel effects will remove stat increases; his does.

He also immediately follows his dispel with his haste/MAG+ move, in this case.

The difficulty with the fight is that it requires very precise timing to recover from his weak phase transition and that can be hard to manage in MP.

Ahh, thanks. Luckily my group one-shotted it, and we definitely had very lucky timing with some of our buffs (like when he did his mass dispel, SG recasts and Full Breaks were already in the middle of being cast), but even then it was still pretty hard.

I have only done the Barthandelus 160 so far, intense! Will try 200 tonight.

For some reason I had a much easier time with the 200 than the 160. Probably just party composition. In the 160 fight we got unlucky and two characters died at the beginning of the fight. We pressed on and won but it was a slooooog.

200 went down without too much trouble really. We were lucky to have two Y'shtolas spamming Asylum at the end and a couple of people with OSBs.

Top Bottom