• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

ZangBa

I tried the U+ CM last night but holy hell, that shit is impossible with my relics. I only have Vanille's AoE heal SB and something really old for Snow that's only 2 hits. Usually I can pull through even with poor gear but not this one, the damage is ridiculous even with Wall. First CM I've had to quit so far, Bartz was a joke and my gear there is comparable.

Pejo

Last night, I took a mix of FFXIV and my "best" units and finally beat Isegard U+. Still was a tough fight, but all the synergy and Fire Burst SB's I had really made a difference.

Ended up taking:

Thancred - 80 - BSB with that 4* shuriken move and the 5* fire ninjutsu
Locke - 80 - SSB with Mug Bloodlust and Lifesiphon. Equipped with throwing weapon
Tyro - 99 - BSB and SG with Full Break and Esuna (for paralyze). Equipped with Blitzball
Y'sh - 80 - BSB with Curaja and Power Breakdown
Palypmo(sp?) - 80 - BSB with Firaja and Chain Stonega

Took Tera OSB as RW.

No real special strategy here, other than gettin Y'sh's BSB ready as soon as Isegard takes off, and praying she didn't get hit when he landed. She did twice, so I had to S/L, but eventually he started hitting Tyro instead.

Anyways, this makes my 3rd MC3, which went to Ramza. Now I have my usual mainstay party members all to 99 (Ramza, Pecil, and Tyro), and I can focus future crystals to some of my DPS characters that I have BSBs for.

Which characters would you guys MC3 out of:

- Warrior of Light
- Luneth
- Zack
- Seph
- Jecht
- Y'sh
- Thancred

I have Bursts for all of them, and they all fit in my "physical party" meta that I've been running successfully most of the time.

Which characters would you guys MC3 out of:

- Warrior of Light
- Luneth
- Zack
- Seph
- Jecht
- Y'sh
- Thancred

I have Bursts for all of them, and they all fit in my "physical party" meta that I've been running successfully most of the time.

Luneth is a beast with his BSB, I've used him successfully in a lot of different fights, plus getting his record materia (40% chance for double EXP) early on will make leveling future characters easier.

Pejo

Luneth is a beast with his BSB, I've used him successfully in a lot of different fights, plus getting his record materia (40% chance for double EXP) early on will make leveling future characters easier.

I do like that he and Thancred actually reduce the enemy's resistance to their elements with their bursts. Maybe I'll go with those two first.

Can a monster be weak to two elements at once, or does one overwrite the other?

WarAdept

Can I have support form GAF intelligence?

I spent hard on the XIV banner, and after 250 mythrils I got all the prizes except the ones I wanted: Ysh's BSB and Alphi's BSB (and Alphi's SSB btw).

Looking at my arsenal, I am extremely weak in mage and healer departments: the only BSBs I have are OK and... Tiny Bee.

The point is: I have mythril for 2 more 11-pulls (+ 25 for a DU lucky draw).

I was thinking of pulling at least once on the Summoner Lucky Draw, for the bigger pool (although I have some dupes in the SSBs, plus Tiny Bee...)

For the other pull, should I:

- pull again on XIV banner 1 hoping for the 3 relics (out of 9) I'm still missing (both BSB grand prizes)
- pull on the Raines banner, where I have zero dupes (and my XIII synergy is bad)
- save for two pulls instead of just one on the Summoner Banner, where my most wanted would be Terra OSB (already have SSB2 for combo), Alphi BSB, Eiko BSB

After that, I don't plan pulling before 2nd Anniversary, excluding possible discounted banners.

I would advise on not pulling anymore on XIV. XIV is a rare realm, so the synergy is wasted the majority of the time and Y'Shtola's and Alphinaud's BSB's will most certainly be in the Fest Banners, if not the Ultros Select Banner.

If you want to improve your Mage meta, then the Summoner Banner is probably your best bet.

The current XIII banner has good stuff (anything Hope is good because he is a good Sage, Raines is Raines and Serah's Meteorstrike Bow is an amazing mage meta Faithga "Shout"). That being said, we are getting another XIII event in a few months time, so you'll have another shot at Raines there as well.

EDIT: Hmmm....(not me, guy from Reddit)

9edskzdh8w8y.jpg

I would advise on not pulling anymore on XIV. XIV is a rare realm, so the synergy is wasted the majority of the time and Y'Shtola's and Alphinaud's BSB's will most certainly be in the Fest Banners, if not the Ultros Select Banner.

If you want to improve your Mage meta, then the Summoner Banner is probably your best bet.

The current XIII banner has good stuff (anything Hope is good because he is a good Sage, Raines is Raines and Serah's Meteorstrike Bow is an amazing mage meta Faithga "Shout"). That being said, we are getting another XIII event in a few months time, so you'll have another shot at Raines there as well.

EDIT: Hmmm....

9edskzdh8w8y.jpg

Lock the shit out of that.

Balphon

The really amusing part of the Bart fight is that getting Novice is significantly harder than getting Champion.

Though I suppose that's true of most medal requirements. Last one I remember that actually increased difficulty (rather than simply being annoying) is Red Dragon's Don't Use Ice.

Syntsui

Once we get the new dailies.

It becomes orbfest basically every day.

Interesting, this is really good to know because the grinding for the absolute best abilities would be straight up unreal the way they are right now.

Are there any other quality of life improvements we are still due compared to JP?

Kyari

Not really quality of life but we're in another period now (as of FFXIII) where they just start throwing out a ton of very useful, very powerful, 5* abilities.

Dragner

The really amusing part of the Bart fight is that getting Novice is significantly harder than getting Champion.

Though I suppose that's true of most medal requirements. Last one I remember that actually increased difficulty (rather than simply being annoying) is Red Dragon's Don't Use Ice.

In my first clear we got novice, no debuffs at all, was a fest of guts being casted from Snow BSB trascendent dreams here and there and even a reraise from a aerith SSB. Was dirty, was challenging but we did it.

Balphon

In my first clear we got novice, no debuffs at all, was a fest of guts being casted from Snow BSB trascendent dreams here and there and even a reraise from a aerith SSB. Was dirty, was challenging but we did it.

My first clear was Novice as well, and it was much more tenuous than my second one where Bart spent most of the fight close to debuff capped for MAG.

thedan001

Can I have support form GAF intelligence?

I spent hard on the XIV banner, and after 250 mythrils I got all the prizes except the ones I wanted: Ysh's BSB and Alphi's BSB (and Alphi's SSB btw).

Looking at my arsenal, I am extremely weak in mage and healer departments: the only BSBs I have are OK and... Tiny Bee.

The point is: I have mythril for 2 more 11-pulls (+ 25 for a DU lucky draw).

I was thinking of pulling at least once on the Summoner Lucky Draw, for the bigger pool (although I have some dupes in the SSBs, plus Tiny Bee...)

For the other pull, should I:

- pull again on XIV banner 1 hoping for the 3 relics (out of 9) I'm still missing (both BSB grand prizes)
- pull on the Raines banner, where I have zero dupes (and my XIII synergy is bad)
- save for two pulls instead of just one on the Summoner Banner, where my most wanted would be Terra OSB (already have SSB2 for combo), Alphi BSB, Eiko BSB

After that, I don't plan pulling before 2nd Anniversary, excluding possible discounted banners.

I don't recommend pulling in XIV, you are more likely to end up with dupes

Raines banner isn't a bad pull especially for XIII energy but 2 pulls in summoner banner might be good

It's your call, again I wouldn't pull XIV because 1/11 Thyrus would be disappointing

MrDaravon

Hmm, having a surprisingly hard time with the U++ fight; even having everyone with moderate to heavy KO resist accessories on and Wall/Protectga up I seem to be getting wrecked by AoE attacks, specifically antimatter bomb which he starts spamming hard about at around half health. I'm not even seeing anyone mention this fight at all so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong exactly to be honest or if I'm just getting really unlucky with my dodge success or what.

Dragner

The U++ was easy for me because I had a burst with instacast heal command to counter his 1hp attack. That and Kain BSB made quick work of him.

Is Torment 250 that much harder than 200?

Yes

The U++ was easy for me because I had a burst with instacast heal command to counter his 1hp attack. That and Kain BSB made quick work of him.

Ysh'tola? I have it too but it's still pretty hard, I guess because of how much HP he has. He can get in 3x 1 HP attacks before you can get in a single insta-cast heal, so if he follows that up with an Antimatter Bomb you lose 2 guys.

I feel so lazy... I managed 200 first shot with the first party I could think of. Will need to put some thoughts in 250 I guess.

I tried 250 and I could get to the boss with plenty of hones, but I was just doing so little damage. Krile was like my only party member doing significant damage with her BSB, everyone else just seemed to be poking them with a stick. I only whittled them down to about 75% before I got overrun and gave up.

Well Adamanchelid went badly because sometimes you can't be fast enough on an instant cast AoE BSB medica button and instead eat an AoE and get your party wiped so that's 60 stamina down the drain (as I couldn't S/L in time either).

But what actually lead me to going wrong? Not bringing Wall as RW (the SBs and gear I have for XIII mean I really didn't need vessel of fate to do loads of damage), not timing damage well (the dispel attack is first action of phase changes and every x turns) and not bringing Fang either (I have her Atk/Mag debuff SB which with protect not always being up would be really helpful).

Tidd

It's unbelievable how easy the FF XIII raid is if people know about Dispel and predict it with renewing all buffs. Unfortunately it's a small amount of people who have this knowledge. :/

Anyone know when we're getting more MC2 crystals? I think I need to get Fang and Hope to 80 to have a shot at this U++, it's really hard with my current setup.

thedan001

Anyone know when we're getting more MC2 crystals? I think I need to get Fang and Hope to 80 to have a shot at this U++, it's really hard with my current setup.

Tend to see a MC2 lode for every d120 battle in a given event

Should be few days of new event (FFIX?) to pick up MC2 before FFXIII expires

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I just counted and I have 171 Elite dungeons left. Many elites have such high Stam requirements (70-90+) that I think they're going to keep me busy for... a long while. Although it looks like DeNA backed off of the crazy high Stam stuff with more recent DUs.

This is the first time I've ever been caught up on Normal dungeons. I've been so off and on with FFRK since launch that even when I come back and do events + dungeons for a couple months there was always still a backlog of 100+ to work through. Feels weird to be catching up!

Kenai

It's unbelievable how easy the FF XIII raid is if people know about Dispel and predict it with renewing all buffs. Unfortunately it's a small amount of people who have this knowledge. :/

To be fair, with the latency involved it can be quite a toss up timing that well.

I'm still fairly convinced my party's timing was more luck than skill. And yes, it made it MUCH easier at the final phase with SG + VoF + double BSB Medicas right after that dispel.

Kain

Fucking hell is Lightning hard. What's up with XIII and speed demon bosses????

I had a hard time like I haven't in months with this game, what the fuck. Luckily I could beat her once I could put the mitigation up and she didn't straight kill people with that Crushing blow shit or double Thundagas to the same char. Jesus Christ.

Kain

Anyone have any builds for beating the U++ Warmech? Not sure how a physical team works without Lightning based SSBs/BSBs.

Don't know if it counts but I used Kain's BSSB:

Kain: BSSB, Lighting dive
Yshtola: BSSB
Noel: BSSB
Bartz: Thundara strike R3 and the new Lightning spellblade R2
Ramza: Shout

I had more than enough with that, the thing cast the Ultimate thingy twice in all the fight.

Anyone have any builds for beating the U++ Warmech? Not sure how a physical team works without Lightning based SSBs/BSBs.

My Setup:

Tyro - Wall
Vanille - SSB Heal
Alphinaud - Deployment Tactics
Lightning - BSB & SSB (lightning based), SSB wasn't necessary.
Ramza - Shout

RW - Ashe BSB or Y'shtola BSB

During Omnegator, Tyro would use Blood of the Wyvern, Alphinaud Thundaja and Lightning would only Thundara Strike. Mainly to save the harder/multi hitting stuff outside of the Omnegator phases. Smoother healing wise with Y'shtola RW, but obviously a much quicker clear the Ashe RW.

Rubenov

New player here; saw this thread two days ago and downloaded the game.

Right now I'm level 30ish, any suggestions for a starting player? Did two 11-pulls, so I've got a few 5* relics. I've been doing mostly the realm dungeons.

Finally done with apoc Bart. Between disconnects and terrible parties, took a while.worst was the double yeh team that wiped early bc they didn't burst. Ugh. Pugs

Celes,with banish strike and snowspell, indom blade and bsb, anti Ko acc and drmog
Onion with life siphon and magic breakdown, all sbs, anti ko acc, mako might

The key was twofold-
Guy with tidus osb and vanille bsb dropped at beginning, so I had total control of vanilles instant cure, MVP
No one brought fire or lighting so ittoook forever to take down the right thing and we were sb capped nearly going into Bart proper.
Having vanille on standby for the dispel move was crucial, as was a partner ysh who actually knew to time ss2 recast. Glad that's done.

Kaiterra

Banned
Hey they made Barthandelus bullshit again. I was able to solo Ultimate+ Gilgamesh even but this guy nooope. He just starts raining down 1800-2000+ damage Destrudos through Wall and Shellga on a party that has like 330 base RES across the board even after being Ark Blasted, Magic Brokedown and Full Broken and it's impossible to keep up with the healing. I'm looking forward to getting into an MP party with Deployment Tactics against this asshole later.

Dragner

Right now I'm level 30ish, any suggestions for a starting player? Did two 11-pulls, so I've got a few 5* relics. I've been doing mostly the realm dungeons.

Hello and welcome.

As a new player focus on story dungeons to increase your max stamina. Any time a weekly event falls try to clear as much as you can from it since you will get new characters from it and memory crystals to level them past lvl 50.

From the relic viewpoint you should focus on getting what it called 'The Holy Trinity' that is: aoe haste, aoe heal, and wall(sentinel grimoire or thyrus). Having 2 allows you to roaming warrior the other so dont need to get all that. The keepers choice vol 2 banner has all 3 pieces of trinity there but the relics in the banner past Gilgamesh BSB, sentinel grimoire and Platinum sword are a bit outdated.

Maybe you should post what you have so we can help you better.

Hey they made Barthandelus bullshit again. I was able to solo Ultimate+ Gilgamesh even but this guy nooope. He just starts raining down 1800-2000+ damage Destrudos through Wall and Shellga on a party that has like 330 base RES across the board even after being Ark Blasted, Magic Brokedown and Full Broken and it's impossible to keep up with the healing. I'm looking forward to getting into an MP party with Deployment Tactics against this asshole later.

Seriously. I was in a party of full 99s with two Ysh Bursts, a SG, and a Keeper's Tome. We had a fresh bubble up, SG freshly popped, full break, magic breakdown, and shell up. Barthandelus does Destrudos, pops bubbles, does 2,400 to everyone. Does Ruinga almost immediately after for 5,600 to everybody. No way to heal up or mitigate the damage.

Kaiterra

Banned
Seriously. I was in a party of full 99s with two Ysh Bursts, a SG, and a Keeper's Tome. We had a fresh bubble up, SG freshly popped, full break, magic breakdown, and shell up. Barthandelus does Destrudos, pops bubbles, does 2,400 to everyone. Does Ruinga almost immediately after for 5,600 to everybody. No way to heal up or mitigate the damage.

If his SPD wasn't so ridiculous it might not be as much of a deal. I mean he DOES telegraph Destrudo. But it goes off so fast anyway that you still can't react.

Jesus. Just did the 160 solo bart. He can do like 4 moves back to back. I was getting smiled on non stop.

I got killed by Thanatosian Smile x Many on my first attempt because I didn't bring in Instant KO resist gear. Then when I brought it in he suddenly stopped using that move all that much.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't know if it counts but I used Kain's BSSB:

Kain: BSSB, Lighting dive
Yshtola: BSSB
Noel: BSSB
Bartz: Thundara strike R3 and the new Lightning spellblade R2
Ramza: Shout

I had more than enough with that, the thing cast the Ultimate thingy twice in all the fight.
My Setup:

Tyro - Wall
Vanille - SSB Heal
Alphinaud - Deployment Tactics
Lightning - BSB & SSB (lightning based), SSB wasn't necessary.
Ramza - Shout

RW - Ashe BSB or Y'shtola BSB

During Omnegator, Tyro would use Blood of the Wyvern, Alphinaud Thundaja and Lightning would only Thundara Strike. Mainly to save the harder/multi hitting stuff outside of the Omnegator phases. Smoother healing wise with Y'shtola RW, but obviously a much quicker clear the Ashe RW.
I had to give up and try an all mage team because I don't have the chain spells honed up... since I don't have any good physical bursts. lol
It barely worked, but I'm starting to feel the pain that comes from not having hones AND not having burst commands available.

For the early game, you probably still want to get white and black mage to level 50 for their record material.
I have to assume retaliate/advanced is still a good combo early game since you need lifesiphon/SSBs/BSBs to make Shout work? As someone who used it for a long time, I can say that it works extremely well on all the story dungeons for at least the first year of content.

Look for teams with level 99 Vanilles. Transcendent Dream makes it doable.

(I can also run a Vanille/Minfilia (last stand) team tonight.)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I can bring Alph + Deployment Tactics to a Barth fight but be warned I can't bring a ton else :p

I guess I could just go full support with Alph + DT and Tyro + SG. And just stock up on Break Effects.

I brought Minfilia with her SSB for Last Stand and two others had Vanille and Yshtola BSBs. Last stand meant that if anyone that would have died would live long enough for one of the mages to do an instant single target or party heal. I don't think that group would have survived with out.

mstevens

I'm really glad I decided to start over from the beginning. Just relearning the ropes, going through all the story missions and saving up Mithril.

Way less overwhelming than trying to get a handle on everything that has changed / power crept over the past couple years.

Top Bottom