• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

thedan001

I'm really glad I decided to start over from the beginning. Just relearning the ropes, going through all the story missions and saving up Mithril.

Way less overwhelming than trying to get a handle on everything that has changed / power crept over the past couple years.

If you are smart about which banners to pull on, and with some luck, you should be set right away. 2nd year anniversary banners will deck you out if you save up the mythril for it, much better than current banners at the moment.

Minfillia is the MVP of these multiplayer raids honestly. Last Stand is a game changer status.

My first experience with last stand was Relm's BSB with instant cure command 1, I'm a believer now

Balphon

Minfillia is the MVP of these multiplayer raids honestly. Last Stand is a game changer status.

She's a pretty versatile character generally.

I've become a fan of her BSB since I drew it. Can get some reliable damage out of enholy + Saint's Cross without sacrificing breaks, all on one character.

mstevens

If you are smart about which banners to pull on, and with some luck, you should be set right away. 2nd year anniversary banners will deck you out if you save up the mythril for it, much better than current banners at the moment.

My first experience with last stand was Relm's BSB with instant cure command 1, I'm a believer now

How much time do I have to save up?

thedan001

I wouldn't save on Orlandu's banner though, which will come of Jan 26th.

TG Cid's OSB is one of the best out there, but won't be enough for mstevens

I would say some pulls into Keeper vol.2, and FFT, then rest into Anniversary 2 might be his (mstevens) best shot

If you can plow through realms, and build a mythril stock, and do about 6 pulls into anniversary 2, I bet you will be in top tier already

cpp and syntsui both started playing like 1 month ago and I think they're already well off, however, the recent orbfest was a big factor

others can correct me if I'm inaccurate or expand on this advice

Syntsui

Just mastered Lightning and Warmech.

With the right strategy, Lightning was straight up trivial, one of the easiest fights I've ever had in this game. A pathetic non-funny joke.

I used: Vanille/Y'shtola/ExDeath/Alphinaud/Thancred

1st turn: Protecga / Shellga / Stone Skin / RW Full Break (Fran) / Dismissal

2nd turn / 3rd turn: managing the heals / building up Thancred's BSB and Exdeath magic blink

4th or 5th turn: Exdeath uses magic blink and completely shutdown her magic phase + gives me infinite Chain Firaga + Alphinaud uses his Reflect Shield SSB + Thancred uses his Fire imperil BSB

6th turn onwards: complete onslaught.

Now, Warmech was ridiculously hard. A true challenge that made me realize how satisfying this game can be once we experiment with the characters.

I used: Vanille/Y'shtola/ExDeath/Alphinaud/Minfillia

First few turns:
Power Break Down + Protega + Stone Skin ASAP / RW with Ashe's BSB + building up Alphinaud's bar until I could use his Reflect Shield.

Last few turns: a complete struggle among Healing / Using Alphinaud's BSB while the shield was up / keeping everyone alive with Minfillia's Last Stand until she died and I had to hope Vanille would always have her BSB ready when I was in a pinch.

It took a few resets until the RNG didn't fuck me, but in the end I succeed.

Really happy with what this game has to offer as far as challenges go. I really don't few the need to pull any specific relic considering I have this amazing FF XIV team. I'll save for Orlandu and if, hopefully, I get his BSB in less than three pulls, I'll save for whatever is interesting on the anniversary.

thedan001

Just mastered Lightning and Warmech.

Really happy with what this game has to offer as far as challenges go. I really don't few the need to pull any specific relic considering I have this amazing FF XIV team. I'll save for Orlandu and if, hopefully, I get his BSB in less than three pulls, I'll save for whatever is interesting on the anniversary.

Glad to see another player enjoying that aspect of FFRK, it's what keeps most of us playing other than generous pull system (compared to other gatcha games).

I tried to get mastery with only 1 healer but it's rough, I'm gonna put in Vanille and Y'shtola and turtle it up until it dies.

There's a stupid challenge boss coming up called Nemesis, lol, if you played FFX post-ending, then you will know what I mean by this.

Syntsui

Can't wait to try him, at least it isn't Penance.

Right now my absolute limit are 180d fights. If it's anything above that I might need to have relics of the realm.

Wait, so you're saying it's more fun than watching paint dry? :)

I managed to squeeze out Torment 200 after only a few tries. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but definitely was a challenge for me. 250 I'll have to pass on until I get better hones and higher levels.

Shirosaki

Neo Member
Been browsing Neogaf for ages but hadn't posted before.

I'm currently working on a mage team and trying to figure out what would be best. Fair warning -- I whale a bit lol.

Currently have these 6 to choose from but can't figure out which would be the most optimal.

Terra - OSB, En-Fire SSB, BSSB
Potato - BSSB, SSB1, SSB2 (Ley Lines)
Alphinaud - BSSB, SSB
Onion Knight - BSSB, SSB1 (missed out on the staff)
Y'shtolla - BSSB, SSB and Thyrus
Cid Raines - BSSB

It's difficult to choose who to run with (I know all situations are different but would prefer a basis to run most of the time.)

Since I got Cid Rains burst I almost feel like Terra should be left on the side lines. Her stats are ridiculous but she has too much ramp up time unless I dedicate Onion as Entrust battery basically which seems kind of wasteful (typically have a second blood sword augmented on him to spam command 2.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Rixa

Now that I made event dungeon (next event coming soon) to the point where I can't clear it more. I use stamina to realm dungeons. I have _so_ many dungeons there to do. It seems I didn't do many realms when I originally created this account, cause Iam opening them all the time and I have shitloads of dungeons to do.

If I know I don't have time to constantly play / look after stamina Iam doing dungeons that require more sta to clear. Forexample just cleared VI 92 (and after that 61) sta dungeon and raised my sta max to 51. As faq suggest, my aim is to clear realm dungeons between events or when there is nothing else to do.

Also I had all the daily dungeons undone thus got loads of Mythrils from there. Trying to avoid getting excess stamina shards so that I lose a lot of stamina while raising my sta max.

Curious to see how much I manage to collect Mythril for Anniversary. Obviously using them if / when we get ½ priced 10 pulls. All in all, things are going smoothly. Waiting for events for MCII stones.

Dragner

Been browsing Neogaf for ages but hadn't posted before.

I'm currently working on a mage team and trying to figure out what would be best. Fair warning -- I whale a bit lol.

Currently have these 6 to choose from but can't figure out which would be the most optimal.

Terra - OSB, En-Fire SSB, BSSB
Potato - BSSB, SSB1, SSB2 (Ley Lines)
Alphinaud - BSSB, SSB
Onion Knight - BSSB, SSB1 (missed out on the staff)
Y'shtolla - BSSB, SSB and Thyrus
Cid Raines - BSSB

It's difficult to choose who to run with (I know all situations are different but would prefer a basis to run most of the time.)

Since I got Cid Rains burst I almost feel like Terra should be left on the side lines. Her stats are ridiculous but she has too much ramp up time unless I dedicate Onion as Entrust battery basically which seems kind of wasteful (typically have a second blood sword augmented on him to spam command 2.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

That team is great the only thing is that you are lacking a support. I run something like this

Tyro, wall
Alphinaud, BSB
Vanille BSB or Yshtola BSB depending on the fight
Onion Knight, BSB
Maria, BSB

RW: Cid Raines

Tyro goes as my support with dances, I equip him heavy on magic so he can RW Cid Raines and hit hard with all the stacking anyway.

Since you have all this relics I would suggest you to run this changing Maria for Potato and since you have Native Cid you can change OK for Cid and RW OK. YOu can be hardcore and not run tyro and carry breakdowns and full break on ok and RW wall but I like dances more for mage teams.

Shirosaki

Neo Member
That team is great the only thing is that you are lacking a support. I run something like this

Tyro, wall
Alphinaud, BSB
Vanille BSB or Yshtola BSB depending on the fight
Onion Knight, BSB
Maria, BSB

RW: Cid Raines

Tyro goes as my support with dances, I equip him heavy on magic so he can RW Cid Raines and hit hard with all the stacking anyway.

Since you have all this relics I would suggest you to run this changing Maria for Potato and since you have Native Cid you can change OK for Cid and RW OK. YOu can be hardcore and not run tyro and carry breakdowns and full break on ok and RW wall but I like dances more for mage teams.

Thanks for the reply!

I sometimes slot in Tyro with wall if needed but OK, Terra, Y'shtolla, and Cid all have support 4 or above so no need to bring a dedicated support (I can put a breakdown on each.)

I actually don't have Maria's Burst but it functions the same as little Potato (self buff cmd 2 and scaling cmd1) and his Ley lines let's me stack the third magic buff to hit the 1196+ mark for everyone.

I'm with you totally on the dance moves with Tyro, just difficult to find room. Did have to bring him for the torment with AOE magic down and draw fire, although that was pre Cid's burst. Weird combo lol.

I guess I could rotate Terra or Alphinaud depending on the situation. If it's a really difficult weak phase bring Terra for a quick blow up at the end or bring Alphinaud if it's a more even sustained fight. *shrug* Also have Hope and his Burst but never really use him aside to level up.

Kain

That moment in MP when there is a Bartz in the front row that only spams Lifesiphon and dies a couple of times, gets revived and inmediately uses his OSB. 8 ks of damage. Good times.

I love being in front in pull goals. I budgeted exactly 75 Mythril for DU banner and 1 Nightmare pull (+a couple for a few inventory upgrades).

After that it's 100% for Anniversary, skipping absolutely everything aside from 100 gems. Currently at 91 Mythril and AT LEAST 120 Elites to go. I am going to have an amazing amount of Mythril. Never mind login bonuses, Portal app and whatever we get at the time Anniversary hits.

Did Japan get any Mythril for their 2nd Anniversary? I know we got 50 Mythril for the first one.

Dragner

I love being in front in pull goals. I budgeted exactly 75 Mythril for DU banner and 1 Nightmare pull (+a couple for a few inventory upgrades).

After that it's 100% for Anniversary, skipping absolutely everything aside from 100 gems. Currently at 91 Mythril and AT LEAST 120 Elites to go. I am going to have an amazing amount of Mythril. Never mind login bonuses, Portal app and whatever we get at the time Anniversary hits.

Did Japan get any Mythril for their 2nd Anniversary? I know we got 50 Mythril for the first one.

I dont know about Mythril but Japan got an 11 pull for free at Ultros Banner.

Syntsui

What are the most broken BSB or OSB that we are still waiting to be released that is not related to Orlandu?

I know I need to get more medicas.

Dragner

What are the most broken BSB or OSB that we are still waiting to be released that is not related to Orlandu?

I know I need to get more medicas.

Before Fest?.

Not a lot, Some people like Golbez BSB because is mage tank burst. Fran BSB and Fujiin BSB are the next big things. Edea gets also a worst version of Maria Burst that is still great because Maria BSB is bonkers.

thedan001

Or Absolute Virtue :]

Lol, AV.

So many hours wasted on that crap, but so much LOLs came with it so it wasn't all that awful lol...

Funny to think SE actually expected large groups of players taking (12? hours) to actually win that and also Pandemonium Warden.

Never mind all the cryptic hints SE tried to give away which didn't really help until both got nerfed and became more realistic to fight/win after matsui's huge power creep philosophy came into XI.

Maybe AV will be introduced similar to Nemesis down the road after we have UUOSBBSB relics, hah.

greyshark

I believe the Nightmare Banner is full price.

WarAdept

25 as a login lead up to Anniversary.
50 as a dungeon reward in Anniversary.

So basically the 3 luckies during Anniversary are free and we also get a free pull on Ultros banner.

ALL THE RELICS.

Pejo

Are there any DPS character BSB's that also give group hastega? i'm looking at messing around with my party competition a bit, but it's hard to move Ramza out. I have Minfilia, and I'd like to use her in the attack buff role, but the lack of hastega makes those tough fights tougher.

I know OK's Burst does hastega and atk/mag up, but I don't have it and hate that character. Are there others?

Dragner

Are there any DPS character BSB's that also give group hastega? i'm looking at messing around with my party competition a bit, but it's hard to move Ramza out. I have Minfilia, and I'd like to use her in the attack buff role, but the lack of hastega makes those tough fights tougher.

I know OK's Burst does hastega and atk/mag up, but I don't have it and hate that character. Are there others?

OK is the only DPS character with a hastega burst, there are only 2 the other hastega Burst is Minwu BSB and this week debuts the 3rd in Japan, Mog BSB.

WarAdept

And it's pretty awesome. Mag/Mind up + Hastega with CMD1 as 0CT Curaga + High Regen and CMD2 1xST Holy magic damage with Magic Breakdown.

But the real prize of the recent VI banner is Strago's BSB.

Strago BSB - 7xAoE Water/Wind/Earth magic dmg, EnWater

Attack-> 4xST Water/Earth magic dmg, ally Magic Blink
Defend-> 2xST Water/Wind piercing magic dmg

WTF DeNA

WarAdept

Does it matter if it pierces if people are going to do 9999 damage anyway?

At ~400 Magic (which is reasonably low for testing purposes) and massive Faithga stacking (x3 30%), a Chain Spell isn't even going to cap neutral damage against D250 bosses (as they have insane stats, but it'll come close with ~9k x2).

Strago's BSB piercing command is basically a guaranteed 9999 x2, regardless of how little Faith stacking you do or how high the boss' res is. Makes it pretty valuable for people who don't have many native Faithga's or enjoy running mixed or heavy physical teams. It's pretty amazing and future proof, just like how Sephy's BSB is with his Def Ignoring command.

Plus Ninja magic is heavily soft capped at 390. Black Magic with piercing is just lol.

So I've started playing again from scratch since Christmas (friend pulled me back).
This is the third time I jump in since launch basically (+1 in JP), but always had the shittiest of pulls.

Now though, I've been crazy lucky with the few pulls I've done past month:

First 10x gave me Terra's OSB and BSB, with Vanille's BSB heal.
Second 10x (half price Lucky one) gave me Tyro's SG.
Third 10x gave me OK's BSB Glove and Hope's OSB.
And now fourth 10x just gave me Cid's BSB gloves and SSB coat.

All this + other few random 5* for 175 mythril.
Crazy headstart compared to my previous two awful accounts.

That said, I wish raids weren't this laggy.
Hard to enjoy it when everything seems to delay by a good 10 second.

Syntsui

It's pretty much impossible for it to not have lag though, considering people are using 3G/4G from all over the world. I'm surprised it even works considering the game is not turn based.

My raid group wrecked 200 Bart

Indominable blade completely cheesed the first phase which let my y'sholta (the only healer) basically spam wrath till phase 2. Someone's tyro had wall so I was free to basically spam asylum in the second half of the fight. That combined with ark blase, magic blink, full breakdown, and deployment tactics meant 90% of the time he wasn't touching us and when he did he hurt himself and it was instantly healed up.

Xetherion

At ~400 Magic (which is reasonably low for testing purposes) and massive Faithga stacking (x3 30%), a Chain Spell isn't even going to cap neutral damage against D250 bosses (as they have insane stats, but it'll come close with ~9k x2).

Strago's BSB piercing command is basically a guaranteed 9999 x2, regardless of how little Faith stacking you do or how high the boss' res is. Makes it pretty valuable for people who don't have many native Faithga's or enjoy running mixed or heavy physical teams. It's pretty amazing and future proof, just like how Sephy's BSB is with his Def Ignoring command.

Plus Ninja magic is heavily soft capped at 390. Black Magic with piercing is just lol.

We don't know what multiplier Strago's cmd2 has yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it was really low to make up for the piercing plus enspell. Though as long as MAG scaling on it isn't nerfed it should still cap if you stack a couple Faiths.

thedan001

FFIX is out...

FFIX Multiplayer mote is wisdom

YESSSSSSS!

and 100 gem = 3* trash

but hey, I have that Nintendo Switch video tonight so I'm still happy

Syntsui

It's even worse than Lightning because it locks you into choosing female characters to actually do damage, are they trying to release all the bad OSB one after another?

ORLANDU PLEASE SAVE US.

WarAdept

Zidane OSB is a trap...

You pull one = perma Zidane in every daily run

nvm... synergy bonus, wtf? such useless trash

It's basically for this event's Gysahl Greens dungeon and for the upcoming dailies update when there's an actual Greens Daily that's IX realm.

Looks like the greens drops are 50, 100, 125 or 150 greens each depending on the mob. Ochu drops 1k.

thedan001

FFIX has the coolest ahriman sprite ever in FFRK

PZlocJxl.png

Xetherion

Got Garnet's Wizard Rod for my 100 gems!

I heard this is a popular RW to this day in Japan, should I set it as my RW after XIII event ends? (Hope OSB is my RW right now)

Other options for RW:

Ley Lines
Deployment Tactics
Pilot Steel (Shout clone)
Wall
Minfilia's Last Stand boostga (forget the name)
HotE
Twin Star (ATK/MND up which stacks w/ Shout&HotE, plus large crit rate up)

What would FFRK GAF find most useful?

WarAdept

Got Garnet's Wizard Rod for my 100 gems!

I heard this is a popular RW to this day in Japan, should I set it as my RW after XIII event ends? (Hope OSB is my RW right now)

Other options for RW:

Ley Lines
Deployment Tactics
Pilot Steel (Shout clone)
Wall
Minfilia's Last Stand boostga (forget the name)
HotE
Twin Star (ATK/MND up which stacks w/ Shout&HotE, plus large crit rate up)

What would FFRK GAF find most useful?

Twin Star is rare and a very good buff.

Top Bottom