• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Falk

that puzzling face
Now though, I've been crazy lucky with the few pulls I've done past month:

First 10x gave me Terra's OSB and BSB, with Vanille's BSB heal.
Second 10x (half price Lucky one) gave me Tyro's SG.
Third 10x gave me OK's BSB Glove and Hope's OSB.
And now fourth 10x just gave me Cid's BSB gloves and SSB coat.

I think you're pretty much set through the next 6 months.

Adeptrain

Am I the only one that did a multi-pull on the FF9 banner?

I got Zidane's Osb and his coat...Guess I set on wind :)

And Kuja's mace burst thing...Not sure about this one :/

Syntsui

This sure seems to be the least celebrated banner since I started playing, honestly the only worth relic seems to be Zidane BSB, so I understand why people would not pull.

13 days for the God to bless us!

Tidd

Got Zidane's vest and Ragnarok for Beatrix. Hoped for the OSB or Kuja's BSB. But I can't complain both of the relics I got were my consolation prizes on this banner.
Time for Enwind/Imperil wind shenanigans with Zidane's SBs and the new thief ability and a magic blink on a physical character is always nice. :)

Hope they don't change the anniversary Banner that has Zidane's OSB.

thedan001

I'm not excited for FFIX banners but I need better FFIX gear for CMs

decisions, decisons... I'll wait for the lucky draw banner next Tuesday since it has alot of FFIX stuff in it

Kenai

I like FFIX but the bottom 3 banner items are all dupes. I could use some Impreil Wind for my wind team but that's it. Not worth it to me, especially with TG Cid around the corner.

Really happy Mog finally got a BSB in Japan and it's gud. I will save an embarrasing amount of Mythril for that banner (after Rafa/Malak of course)

Wazzy

Banned
The new raid was super easy but still very fun! That's expected with the difficulty level.

Lightning fight is brutal with her magic. Ugh.

I struggled against the Lightning CM, so I decided to do a Cid BSB banner pull.
TxQeoPo.png
Big mistake.

/me looks at his Mythril count and cries.

I beat Lightning, but Anavatapta Warmech Ultimate has so much freaking hp with high defense. Couldn't beat it. Will try again another time.
Gonna try the Barth raid again. Ok, took down Barth 160. All the debuffs and dispelling his buff kept his damage under control. Got 6k Gysahl Greens as leader. There was no one creating rooms for it, but once I did, people insta-joined haha. Everyone brought a healer.
Gonna try Barth 200.

Kain

Finally beat Bart Apocalypse in MP! Man, that was fun. When you find people who know what they're doing MP is a joy to play, congrats to dena.

The trick to this fight is to time the refreshing of defenses after the dispel, in my case it was my turn to refresh SS2 and I did it just in time, luckily. We ate a Destrudo on the middle, but we had a Minwu with his SSB and could top us up in a moment. Really, it went perfectly. I was so happy that there was no Ramza overlapping my Noel's BSSB like in the last attempt T_____T

Syntsui

I struggled against the Lightning CM, so I decided to do a Cid BSB banner pull.

Big mistake.

/me looks at his Mythril count and cries.
And this is the reason why the pulls here can't be compared with Brave Exvius, even with guaranteed 5*,they are nowhere near as good as Brave Exvius 5*. What you pulled is worse than some 3* base units there.

Kain

And this is the reason why the pulls here can't be compared with Brave Exvius, even with guaranteed 5*,they are nowhere near as good as Brave Exvius 5*. What you pulled is worse than some 3* base units there.

I don't understand what you mean, where is worse?

That SSB is pretty good as far as SSBs go, btw.

Rubenov

So if I use a generic memory crystal to break a character's level beyond 50, what happens when you get the specific memory for that character? Does it turn into another generic one?

Edit: Or maybe I don't know how this works yet heh

WarAdept

So if I use a generic memory crystal to break a character's level beyond 50, what happens when you get the specific memory for that character? Does it turn into another generic one?

Edit: Or maybe I don't know how this works yet heh

Turns into an XP egg. The strength of the egg depends on the level of the Crystal at the time it was obtained.

Rubenov

Turns into an XP egg. The strength of the egg depends on the level of the Crystal at the time it was obtained.

Okay, so I got Tyro to 50, but I still don't have his crystal. Should I use a memory crystal lode to get him over (so I don't continue to lose the experience he would otherwise gain as I play) or should I wait? I know his crystal isa reward from a normal dungeon but I have no idea when will I get there.

Okay, so I got Tyro to 50, but I still don't have his crystal. Should I use a memory crystal lode to get him over (so I don't continue to lose the experience he would otherwise gain as I play) or should I wait? I know his crystal isa reward from a normal dungeon but I have no idea when will I get there.

Memory Crystal Is drop like candy. Use them on whoever you have, and enjoy the Greater Growth Egg when you encounter them again. The only Memory Crystals, at this point, that anyone really needs to be judicious about are IIIs (which break the level cap from 80 to 99).

thedan001

Aaaaaaaand no record sphere for Eiko yet

Many were hoping hers would come out in this FFIX event, it didn't

For the record JP had it unlocked during a collab event which we never got in Global

õ_õ

I really would like to dive some 3* motes for more HP to Eiko at least

Just mastered the ultimate warmech fight. A few days ago when I tried it I didn't even get close, so i spent the past few days planning and preparing and today I dominated it. My setup was:

Fang 80/80
- A1: Lightning Dive R2
- A2: Lifesiphon R4
- RM: Power Pulse (Deal significantly more damage with dragoon abilities)
- Equip: Etro's Embrace (+Lightning Damage)
- SSB: Highwind (temporarily lower target's Attack and Magic a large amount)
Tyro: 83/99
- A1: Full Break R2
- A2: Power Breakdown R4
- RM: Mako's Might (Begin with 1 Soul Break Charge)
- SB: Sentinel's Grimoire
Krile 99/99
- A1: Thundaga R4
- A2: Firaja R4
- RM: Blood of Espers (Chance for black magic abilities to trigger twice)
- BSB: Tomorrow's Promise
Papalymo: 80/80
- A1: Thundaja: R4
- A2: Thundaga: R3
- RM: Sharlayan Thaumaturge (Significantly more black magic damage with Rod)
- SSB: Ley Lines (Faithga/Hastega)
Ysh'tola: 99/99
- A1: Curaja R4
- A2: Protectga R4
- RM: Dr. Mog's Teachings (Begin with 1 Soul Break Charge)
- BSB: Asylum

RW: Thunderfall

The most important components of this attempt, and the main improvements over my initial failed attempts were:

1) Fang's Highwind SSB. Since this is a 610 -ATK debuff, it stacks with Full Break and Power Breakdown. With all debuffs on plus Protectga and SG, even his Ultimate Antimatter Beams were only hitting me for like 1k AoE, which were easily topped off with a single Medica.

2) Double Thunder abilities on the two casters. Having 2 characters with cheap thunder abilities allowed me to break through the barriers very quickly. I was able to break through each barrier in 4 attacks every time, often before he even got an attack off.

3) Lightning Dive R2. Before I had no Lightning Dive at all. I was able to craft R1 right away, and I went down the list of elite dungeons looking at those that dropped Major Ice Orbs so I could hone it to R2. With the Etro's Embrace + Power Pulse RM, when Full Break debuff was on each Lightning Dive was hitting for around 21k. Obviously I saved these until boss was <50% and then spammed them on every turn, only stopping to re-apply Highwind. I'm not sure what would have done more damage, Power Pulse (+Dragoon Ability Dmg) or Prey on the Weak (+Weakness Dmg), since Lightning Dive would have triggered both RMs effect.

4) Thunderfall RW. I saved all of my RW uses for after 50%, and then I hit them back to back. Each one did 31k, so in 2 turns I had knocked off like 15-20% of his health just from this ability alone.

With this setup, it actually wasn't even all that hard. I don't think anyone ever was in serious danger. I saved pretty much all of my SBs except for an initial Sentinel Grimoire / Highwind until after 50%. I didn't even have to use Asylum until 50%, at which point I had already built up 2 bars so I could spam it later on. I only got hit by the 1 HP attack once which was easily topped off with an insta-cast Tetragrammaton.

thedan001

Tyro: 83/99
- RM: Mako's Might (Begin with 1 Soul Break Charge)
- SB: Sentinel's Grimoire

Ysh'tola: 99/99
- RM: Dr. Mog's Teachings (Begin with 1 Soul Break Charge)
- BSB: Asylum

You broke the cardinal rule of Tyro always equipping Dr. Mog's Teachings, not Mako Might

I don't know you anymore :(

Rixa

Can I have invite to Discord channel?
Iam planning to host 160 raid in nearish future when I have 60 stamina max (now at 55). Since my units are 80 (Bartz & Y'sthola) there is a high chance that public party wont stand a chance. Not sure if its doable with help of fellow gafers either.

WarAdept

Iam planning to host 160 raid in nearish future when I have 60 stamina max (now at 55). Since my units are 80 (Bartz & Y'sthola) there is a high chance that public party wont stand a chance. Not sure if its doable with help of fellow gafers either.

Check inbox.

Is there anyone from the ff9 event that I could swap with Yuna? Been using her as my main healer and I dont have any soul breaks for her besides her first one.

Caim

Can I get one as well? Would like to do some GAF raids in the future.

Tidd

So these USB are BSB without damage cap? Cloud's attack was mediocre, but the commands are straight up ridiculous.

Nah, first of it depends on the USB. Mostly they just offer buffs and some kind of medica. First time we will get one is during the anniversary in March and it starts with Tyro (https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...frk_2nd_anniversary_fest_banner_1_relic_draw/)

But Cloud's does the following:

5-hit single-target wind/non-elemental physical damage and 'super extra large' crit rate up and enter EX Mode: Soldier (physical damage up and attacks can exceed 9999 damage)
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5l7936/awakening_cloud_those_who_fight_further_jp/

I believe it's unique so far that it gives the exceed the damage cap? The attack he used was just the normal Saint's Cross ability. Combine that with a high attack and the critical hits and you can get the numbers. It's still insane.

thedan001

So these USB are BSB without damage cap? Cloud's attack was mediocre, but the commands are straight up ridiculous.

I believe it's unique so far that it gives the exceed the damage cap? The attack he used was just the normal Saint's Cross ability. Combine that with a high attack and the critical hits and you can get the numbers. It's still insane.

This specific buff that breaks the damage cap is called overflow in JP, this is separate from overstrikes

Rubenov

Another noob question - I have the Masamune for Gilgamesh, and I'm working on Mastering its Soul Break (Gilgamesh Morphing time). It says +10 ATK when mastered... is it +10 ATK to Gilgamesh (regardless of whether he has the weapon equipped or not),+10 ATK to the weapon itself but only when Gilgamesh uses it, +10 ATK to the weapom for everyone to use, or any other possibility I may have left out?

Balphon

Another noob question - I have the Masamune for Gilgamesh, and I'm working on Mastering its Soul Break (Gilgamesh Morphing time). It says +10 ATK when mastered... is it +10 ATK to Gilgamesh (regardless of whether he has the weapon equipped or not),+10 ATK to the weapon itself but only when Gilgamesh uses it, +10 ATK to the weapom for everyone to use, or any other possibility I may have left out?

Permanent +10 to Gilgamesh.

Kenai

Hmm. Shout still usually gets a fair amount of hits (`3k g a day) but I am wondering if I can't use a more useful one now since I don't have VoF.

Sheepsong? Twin Star? Ley Lines? SS2? One of my BSBs (I have several)? Not even sure what are considered go-to anymore besides VoF and Wall, but Wall is so common (I guess Shout is too though)

Syntsui

This is quite worrying to be honest. All the future content will have to be balanced around this bullshit, which means every single new content will be impossible without it.

I hope they rethink this and nerf it. It's just ridiculous.

thedan001

This is quite worrying to be honest. All the future content will have to be balanced around this bullshit, which means every single new content will be impossible without it.

I hope they rethink this and nerf it. It's just ridiculous.

It is a little insane... ok, I admit
it is way insane

Just keep in mind that all these videos with Cloud's USB have been mostly RW's

That's accessible to everyone, so it won't be "impossible" to do without having native access to it

Anyways, in this case, it's freaking OP Thunder God Cid combined with the new shiny RW

It just means Cloud's USB will be the new popular RW just like Shout/Wall RW was for a long time

My only concern is how it will make most of the current content trivial.

Syntsui

It is a little insane... ok, I admit
it is way insane

Just keep in mind that all these videos with Cloud's USB have been mostly RW's

That's accessible to everyone, so it won't be "impossible" to do without having native access to it

Anyways, in this case, it's freaking OP Thunder God Cid combined with the new shiny RW

It just means Cloud's USB will be the new popular RW just like Shout/Wall RW was for a long time

My only concern is how it will make most of the current content trivial.
Still stupid, because they will have to balance the content around it and we will have to always pick this specific RW. This trivializes any multi-hitting skill in the game and makes it OHKO on every single boss.

I have no idea what they were thinking when this was released.

Edit: they could make all "complete the stage" rewards useless and make standard mastery rewards as "can't use USB". I don't know, they put themselves in a weird situation.

Top Bottom