• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

thedan001

FFIX d160 and d200 multiplayer battles are incredibly easy

and amazing pulls there for Syntsui and Hours Left

I got a crappy 3* 100 gem pull again!

MrDaravon

Wooooow fuck this Zidane fight. Brought a pretty good mage team all at level 99, and even with Wall + Protectga up Shift 5 does 5-6k+ to everyone which is basically a wipe. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Edit: Yup, straight passing on this unless I'm completely missing something. A Full Break'd Zidane using Shift 5 is one shotting 3-5 of my party members that have Protectga + Wall up. 3 times in a row. I'll double check in the morning to make sure I'm not misreading or looking at something wrong on reddit, but unless I'm totally missing something fuck this. I could probably outright kill him in 3 turns tops from full health to death otherwise with this team, dude is paper thin on defense and HP.

Tidd

Wooooow fuck this Zidane fight. Brought a pretty good mage team all at level 99, and even with Wall + Protectga up Shift 5 does 5-6k+ to everyone which is basically a wipe. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Edit: Yup, straight passing on this unless I'm completely missing something. A Full Break'd Zidane using Shift 5 is one shotting 3-5 of my party members that have Protectga + Wall up. 3 times in a row. I'll double check in the morning to make sure I'm not misreading or looking at something wrong on reddit, but unless I'm totally missing something fuck this. I could probably outright kill him in 3 turns tops from full health to death otherwise with this team, dude is paper thin on defense and HP.

1. Bring someone who can use Mug Bloodlust(or a similiar ATK/DEF debuff) to counter his mug buff.
2. Don't burst him down. He will use Shift Break at 80% and Stellar Circle 5 when you get him down to 50%. (But you should know this if you looked him up at reddit)

Caim

For some I never thought that they would ever actually really reach the end of any of the games in the dungeon updates, but it looks like IX and X are pretty much at the end in JP now.

Wazzy

Banned
160 down which was easy for Waltz's. Going to give 200 a shot now.
For some I never thought that they would ever actually really reach the end of any of the games in the dungeon updates, but it looks like IX and X are pretty much at the end in JP now.
Which makes me wonder how they'll handle final bosses in the dungeons. I hope they make big events out of it and you get to watch the endings for the realm you beat.

Yeah, these ultimates are so annoying, and that stupid monkey stealing all my shit is so infuriating!!11!1!!!111 lol

9LgaJGT.gif

Toughest set of bonus battles for me in awhile since my FFIX synergy is still rather lacking, but got them all Mastered with the CM too.

The raids on the other hand were a cake walk.

Tidd

Won't En-Elemental BSBs like Maria, Papalymo, Quistis, etc... do more damage vs weaknesses? Cid's BSB is fantastic, but I don't think it out damages those when used as RW. CMIIW.

You will certainly hit 9999 easier with weakness. But I guess with Cid it's easier to hit the softcap? Also command 1 will grant you instant cast which is pretty huge. But I don't know the exact math.
The overall BSB ranking guide on reddit has Cid's BSB in the same tier as Onion Knight's. Everything else is below those two.

With that said I had no problems with Zidane(except for all status ailments) using Cid as a RW and it was pretty fast.

Edit: I guess that's why Cid is better:

I hope you have been paying attention to the next God Tier BSB called Raines BSB. While it doesn't have attach elemental, it comes with a 30% Mag/Def buff on entry. Command 2 does AoE damage while giving a +30% Mag/ -30% Res buff. Adding that to a command 1 that gives instant cast next magical attack.. This is a one man killing machine.
I just want to add that if you have another 30% magic buff (i.e Memento Mori), you will go above the buff soft cap with all that.
So yes, Raines BSB is god tier.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5exim5/lets_talk_bsbs_magical/

WTF if the Cid mission is best the level with three ffxiii heroes in your party, apparently having 5 ffxiii heroes means you won't clear it?
It's a challenge to beat it with just a 3-characters team of XIII peeps. It is meant to mimic how XIII is played with teams of 3 characters.

Mastered everything + CM.

Beatrix was ridiculous because of the 1HP attack. If yiu don't have medica already on cast before she uses it might as well S/L because it's over. After about 10 losses I learned to anticipate the timing so I could precast my medica.

Luckily Raines BSB makes it do-able, i had Garnet and Kuja spamming dark attacks like they were going out of style. Make sure to use command 2 before command 1 as it increases magic. Was hitting 4x 9999 on every use of command 1 this way, melted the bosses so it was just a matter of rng not fucking me on Climhazzard.

Draw Fire helps a ton on Zidane, keeps the rest of your party from constantly getting interrupted. I used Greg's BSB but whatever should do. When he was close to 80% HP I used Heavy Lance to negate his Steal buff, from there it was pretty straightforward. Frog Drop certainly helped, when he was at 50% i hit him with Greg's OSB twice and finished him off.

This fight would be extremely annoying without some form of Draw Fire

Rixa

Well decided to pull once (gem pull was 4*).

Screenshot_20170116-092803.png

I have used Frog Drop few times from RW, hilarious looking SB. Maybe I should level Quina. Steiner I do have, need to level him too (like gazillion other units).

Is tomorrow the Lucky Draw?

Dragner

U+ CM is going to be hard for me. Even with good synergy lacking aoe heal hurts me a lot. That and the fact that all my good SBs for IX (Zidane and Beatrix BSB) are AOE triggering Beatrix Climhazzard wont help.

Will need to think more deeply about it. I dont want to RW cheese it, ive never done it and I wont start now.

friz898

Statistically the average 5* rate on 100 gems should be 1 for every 7 pulls or so.

Good to know.

I generally don't look at percentages because it depresses me or quells my hopes.

I think I had about 8-10 rank 3 pulls in a row with maybe a rank 4 or two mixed in.

But my last two 100 gem pulls have been 5 stars, consecutively. Really lucky with Eiko. I have her Fairy Flute and Golem flute at Rank 6 already, and then last night my 100 gem pulled Hamelin. I think that's how you spell it. I was surprised that since it wasn't rank 6, the stats were lower than the other flutes I had for her. I guess I figured a Burst would be, even if one rank less. Either way, I'll take another +10mnd when maxed.

For the ultimates. on the first fight I used:

Steiner (80), Eiko (80), Zidane (99), Garnet (99), and Freya (80). I wanted to use Kuja with his rank 8 punisher I have, and Kuja gloves, but Freya was just too good with Wind Jump and Ice Jump and of course taking less damage since in the air.

For Steiner/Beatrix, I went a direction completely outside of my normal setup...

Freya (80) -- Mindbreak Down, and Leaching Leap -- SB Reis' Wind was golden to cure Group Sap from Steiner.
Eiko (80) -- Her Reraise SB was very important.
Kuja -- His Punisher SB with 8-dark dmg was doing 32-40k and made quick work of Steiner. He backup Curaised for Eiko when not SB'ing.
Garnet -- Ultima Summon (didnt know was Dark dmg until last night) was double 9999's on both of them. She also covered Shellga for me.
Vivi -- He Spammed Meteor and Drainga. I don't remember how much Drainga did but much preferred over Darkra since both are dark and one heals 30%. Meteor was doing about 5500x2 on both a hit.

I never do mage groups, but I was surprised how quickly Steiner and Beatrix life was going down.

Climmhazard is not a big deal once Steiner is dead, and Eiko's reraise SB was perfect. One time it landed the very next move after her Climmhazard for a perfect group heal. The second time, it saved 2 or 3, can't remember, with reraise.

Just sharing for anybody who hasn't done yet.

Syntsui

I suppose Last Stand completely trivializes Beatrix fight, no? I won't try the new missions right now, I need to farm mithril.

Shadow780

Should I attempt CM Torment D200 with my FFV team?

SB-wise I have Galuf BSB, Lenna SSB Medica, Faris ATK/DEF Debuf to stack with dancing, Greg's Faithful Companion and that's about it as far as useful SB goes.

Took down black wants raid this morning with a bunch of randoms.

It went great! I brought vaan with tempo flurry and his burst and Y'shtola for stoneskin 2.

One team was ley lines and alph's burst+summons, another was Krile (sheepsong) with summons AND Celes with indomitable blade! Completely broke the bosses, she just obsorbed so much magic damage. Leader was Beatrix with her burst and a healer with her burst (can't remember which though).

We destroyed the boss. I was the only person with slow so I had to do that before jumping into the addle train. It went superbly

Anybody up to set up (or join) a GAF room for the XIII Apocalypse boss tonight?

I get home at 4:30 CST, I've got Shout, Stoneskin, Keeper's Tome, etc.

Kain

Fuck Zidane in the park, he's totally ridiculous! He was doing Shift breaks of 5-6ks to my whole party fully broken. the damn bastard. That is until I realized everytime he stole he recovered from the breaking, so I had to bring someone (Noel) to lower his attack EVERY turn. Still, my healer died but I could make it, Drawtaliate works wonders here.

ccbfan

What more future proof.

Raines BSSB or Cid OSB.

Need to decide whether to roll or not.

After the Warmech U++ and Torment dungeons, I realize I really need a mage BSSB. Probably couldn't complete any of them if not for Ysho BSSB + SG immortality. Didn't have the hones.

Raines Banner has 2 and Hopes OSB and really tempted to roll.

Steiner and Beatrix suck... I kill Steiner first, then while whittling down Beatrix, she does Ultimate Climhazzard immediately followed by an AOE hit that kills the entire party before I can react. Every time. Other than I guess RW'ing a party Reraise I don't know what I could be doing differently. Looked on the FFRK strategy site and Reddit and the advice is "Heal the party back up after Beatrix does her big attack." Wow, no shit, really? Why didn't I think of that?

Syntsui

Steiner and Beatrix suck... I kill Steiner first, then while whittling down Beatrix, she does Ultimate Climhazzard immediately followed by an AOE hit that kills the entire party before I can react. Every time. Other than I guess RW'ing a party Reraise I don't know what I could be doing differently. Looked on the FFRK strategy site and Reddit and the advice is "Heal the party back up after Beatrix does her big attack." Wow, no shit, really? Why didn't I think of that?
You need to time the heal correctly, she does not attack immediately after it. You could bring someone with last stand.

Tidd

Once again my Steiner is complete! I seriously pulled every Steiner relic so far...

And I got a pseudo medica for Garnet. <3
Only other relic I wanted from this Banner was Eiko's BSB. 2/3 not bad. :D

After you wipe enough you'll start to figure out the timing of Climhazzard. On my winning CM run I was able to time my SSB medica so that it fired shortly after Climhazzard.

Dragner

Finally beat the CM several attemps later, crappy shared medica ftw.

After that Zidane was easy with my OP mage team and the waltzes the easiest multiplayer bosses so far. They melt to alphinaud BSB.

Sub optimal FFIX Ultimate set up (not enough mitigation or healing, was reliant on SBs for wind weakness medals) but I managed to save it by taking a break and playing it a bit slower at the start. Still nearly lost to RNG of paralysis but thankfully Sarah was fine to destroy what was left of the boss with a burst entrance.

Beat the raids too bringing along:
Celes with Indomitable Blade SB Tornado Strike and Snowspell Strike
Vanille with Cheat mode BSB Slowga and Shelga
As you can imagine eating all the single target spells made things quite trivial (I can imagine it being a bit of a nightmare if it was all NAT...maybe DeNA wanted us to take a break after Barthandus). The Apocalypse difficulty group had a crazy amount of buffs (lay lines, vessel of fate, metamorphosis and blessing of light...we made use of the last stand effect too). But I noticed for both players were lax with mitigation (but it doesn't matter greately if you have one broken burst medica entry). The Ultimate+ group bought none (plus we had a Garnet with Divine Guardian and Curaga but couldn't use the latter because our Eiko had used Carbuncle...the Eiko also used her burst command 1 too...good thing the enemies don't seem to get physical blink form it) while the Apocalypse group was full break only.

Syntsui

I don't have any answers to Zidane, holy shit. I don't have enough hones on full break/attack breakdown to prevent him from mauling my party. This is worse than Barthandelus and I feel like I hit a wall.

If I buff, he steals the buff and I have to immediately break him, the hones can only go so far and as soon as I get him to half his life, I can't break him anymore. Fuck this fight.

Ahnez

I don't have any answers to Zidane, holy shit. I don't have enough hones on full break/attack breakdown to prevent him from mauling my party. This is worse than Barthandelus and I feel like I hit a wall.

If I buff, he steals the buff and I have to immediately break him, the hones can only go so far and as soon as I get him to half his life, I can't break him anymore. Fuck this fight.

Breaks don't work to overwrite his buff. Zidane uses an +ATK/DEF buff, so you need exactly this combination to overwrite it

Kain

Beat the black waltzes on my own, both difficulties really easy with Alphinaud and Krile's BSBs.

Don't get very frustrated with Zidane, I think he's the hardest single boss in a looooooong time. He just hits too hard and too fast. The only setup I could work with was a tauntaliator (with Gaia's cross R2 was more than enough), a healer and a pseudo healer with Noel and two mages for DPS so that his atk/def buff didn't affect me so much...

WarAdept

Breaks don't work to overwrite his buff. Zidane uses an +ATK/DEF buff, so you need exactly this combination to overwrite it

Basically Mug Bloodlust. The buff he gets from Steal is huge (+40% Atk/Def).

Last day to do these XIII Ultimates.

Flash of Defiance U+ CM

After the initial shock of how fast Lightning was (seriously she would get 2-3 turns compared to your 1 hasted turn) and thinking that her Ravager form would be more dangerous than Commando (didn't expect Crushing Blow spam from turn 3 onwards), I adjusted accordingly to have more physical mitigation.

xWUDoBD.jpg

Flask of Defiance U++

Did this initially with a mage party (below) then tried a physical party, both to good effect. Thinking about this now, a mixed party would probably be the best to pelt it with 4 characters with Lightning attacks (Thundering Twinstrikes/Lightning Dive/Swift Bolt/Chain Thundaga). I think the Safety Bits did jack all to it's AoE gravity attack.

Vanille don't care for your HP 1 attacks.

1M6pDPB.jpg

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm still working my way through the 170 or so Elite dungeons I never completed and man... all the 101 Stam dungeons are really starting to get old. There's dozens of them!

Even 81 stam lets me earn another stamina crystal once a day. 101 just grinds everything to a halt. And it isn't like that extra trash wave even effects anything.

I'll still probably be sad once I'm officially out of dungeons though.

Kenai

Pulling Hope's BSB and Serah's bow meant I could comfortably do the XIII CM with a RW wall. I would have preferred Cid's BSB of course, but now Hope can complete Team Holy pretty well, which allowed my to do Zidane with only minimal trouble.

I had to get used to his Steal/Mug windows so i could make sure to refresh Shout and hit Banishing Strike at appropriate times, because him being Hasted and spamming buffed AoEs and multi-target interrupts while 2-3 of your characters are slowed is a dangerous game to play.

I need to do the IX CM still, with the main trouble being the Beatrix AoE 1 HP > Steiner AoE cheese they can easily do if my timing is off since almost all all of my SBs from my setup are AoE.

I also have enough for only one 11 pull on the Tactics banner so i am a bit sad abut that. But 1 pull is fine as long as I get something for one of my characters stuck with their default SBs still.

Everything is done but Torment CM for V. Don't think I want to bother trying. I have Greg SSB, Bartz SSB and BSB, Krile SSB (10 SMM attacks + fast cast 3) and Faris RES/DEF down. Doesn't look too good.

Balphon

Beat the black waltzes on my own, both difficulties really easy with Alphinaud and Krile's BSBs.

Don't get very frustrated with Zidane, I think he's the hardest single boss in a looooooong time. He just hits too hard and too fast. The only setup I could work with was a tauntaliator (with Gaia's cross R2 was more than enough), a healer and a pseudo healer with Noel and two mages for DPS so that his atk/def buff didn't affect me so much...

His damage is pretty pathetic, it's just that all of his attacks screw you over in a different way.

Top Bottom