• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Xetherion

Besides this, which I couldn't get by the time I started playing.

I saw that Freya BSB has this property too, I'll try with it as an RW.

Yuffie's BSB also has a cmd 2 with that property, if you need it I can change my RW to it.

However, you might want to try clearing it the way I did, with a Raines BSB RW and 2 mages both using it. They bursted Zidane down very quickly with it, he died before I even needed to cast Gaia Cross a 2nd time.

Xetherion

Tomorrow Lucky Draw might very possibly be SSB only...

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/01/16/upcoming-in-app-announcement-realm-dungeon-lu-3

I guess it depends of it they count BSB as SSB, but I don't see why. They always call those Burst. Oh well, 25 more Mythrils if no BSB.

Last DU LD was this:

This time, same message with no Burst mention.

In Japan Bursts are called Burst Super Soul Breaks. Translation team probably forgot to make the distinction this time is all, should be SSB and up. Check the relic list in-game before you pull to make sure of course.

Meh, preparing for the worst, like some backward stupid decision from DeNa. If there is BSB then I will be happy and just laugh once more at another fail in their texts. Not mentioning Burst is not the best selling point, not everyone knows to check the Relics list.

thedan001

Sources say the lucky draw will have SSB's and BSB's but no OSB's

FFV torment is gone but seems to be DeNA messing up with scheduling with releases, should be back. Not sure when and how.

Syntsui

Motherfucker stops using his usual attacks on the second phases and keeps spamming Mug and that fucking AoE.

I'm either having the worst fucking luck or this shit is fucking ridiculous, DrawLiate becomes useless because Mug ignores it, and even if I had a RW with -ATK/DEF it would be useless because this son of a bitch uses 2835468 mugs per second.

Raines RW is just not enough, I can't do more than 4k damage per hit so it's impossible to keep the pace.

They did it, they finally released a 180 dungeon I can't beat no matter what. I thought that after what I got on Orb Fest this wouldn't happen, but it did. I give up.

Motherfucker stops using his usual attacks on the second phases and keeps spamming Mug and that fucking AoE.

I'm either having the worst fucking luck or this shit is fucking ridiculous, DrawLiate becomes useless because Mug ignores it, and even if I had a RW with -ATK/DEF it would be useless because this son of a bitch uses 2835468 mugs per second.

Raines RW is just not enough, I can't do more than 4k damage per hit so it's impossible to keep the pace.

They did it, they finally released a 180 dungeon I can't beat no matter what. I thought that after what I got on Orb Fest this wouldn't happen, but it did. I give up.

He uses Shift Break at 80% and then again later at like 20%. You only need to remove his buff right before that, he can recast it all he wants after that. Aside from that attack , nothing is too dangerous so it just becomes rng to make sure you get your debuff in before he uses Shift Break

thedan001

There is no mention of BSB, where do you see that?

FFRK Central

6★ equipment will not drop in this Relic Draw.

we had the same issue with wording of SB's few months ago about unique SB's being included or not.

If there were no BSB's, DeNA would've said it outright, DeNA's translations are a little off sometimes.

Of course I can be wrong and DeNA decided to make this banner just terribad.

Just weird of them to drop the mention of bsb from last announcement but I would not put it past them, same with going SSB only for some reason. Oh well, we will know soon. I was looking forward to that LD so I hope it's just DeNa being DeNa.

Zidane done, raids done, I guess torment is next?

I did an 11 pull on FF13 banner 2 and got Raine's BSB and Serah's SSB. I was happy with that so I pulled again and got Lightning's unique soul break. :x

Counting the days til Tactics!

Xetherion

I haven't tried, need more fire orbs for all these new 5* fire abilities. Got 2 major fires today but still need more.

Gonna farm orbs again tomorrow (need black), then by Wednesday the DU will be out so i'll be doing that plus new event when that starts. Probably won't get to Torment dungeons until Sunday, if then even.

I haven't tried, need more fire orbs for all these new 5* fire abilities. Got 2 major fires today but still need more.

Gonna farm orbs again tomorrow (need black), then by Wednesday the DU will be out so i'll be doing that plus new event when that starts. Probably won't get to Torment dungeons until Sunday, if then even.

Wait there's new ones? Or did you just mean Blazing Twinstrike?

WarAdept

Not even attempting ffx torment until after the event and i get some ffx relics.

Has anyone tried it? How does it compare to ffv?

I'll give the CM a go tonight as a gauge for how difficult it is, but I think waiting 3 days for the next X event to land and having Engulfing Twinstrike/Ultra Cure being released would be a huge boon towards this Torment dungeon.

When do the Torment Dungeons return? I only beat the 200 version of FFV.

Did beat the FFIX battles (non-CM, which I don't have enough synergy to do), including Zidane and the Raids, though.

Greg was an all-star here with his HP, BSB, and Cmd1 Dispel and Cmd2 Draw Fire vs. Zidane. Egged him to 99. No ragrets.

Xetherion

Wait there's new ones? Or did you just mean Blazing Twinstrike?

Smoldering Fire as well. Then there's older ones like Fires Within too. Plus I have several fire+ mage weapons/armors so i want to take Chain Firaga to r4 at some point.

Thundering Twinstrike also uses fire orbs, as do other non-fire abilities like Meteor Crush.

Fire orbs are in high demand.

Kain

I'm not sure I'll be able to beat this new Torment, my water relics and abilities are like, zero. I might try with a wind team to see what happens...

Dragner

I cant beat the 200CM, my FFX damage relics are really bad. Wakka BSB and Auron BSB while useful they do poor damage, and my other SBs are crappy uniques. I lose hastega from both my OK BSBs RWs when he still has a bit under 50%...

When do the Torment Dungeons return? I only beat the 200 version of FFV.

Did beat the FFIX battles (non-CM, which I don't have enough synergy to do), including Zidane and the Raids, though.

Greg was an all-star here with his HP, BSB, and Cmd1 Dispel and Cmd2 Draw Fire vs. Zidane. Egged him to 99. No ragrets.

You really don't need much synergy for the cm. All you need is 2 magic users, Raines' BSB RW, and some luck,

Really good read about the future on Reddit today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...oking_forward_to_r_era_lets_talk_debuffs_and/

TL;DR - Start collecting those ATK/MAG, ATK/DEF, MAG/RES, MAG/DEF relics, because they are going to be required 6 months from now. And forget about Wall, because it's useless.

Luckily I have 2 of the ATK/MAG relics (Pulled Shatterheart off-banner and got Fang's Highwind), and got an ATK/DEF one from freya's this banner. Will be hard to collect 1 from every realm for doing CMs though.

Dragner

Yeah I already stated Fran BSB as the next must have for me some pages ago. Setzer and Quina are other good options. And Vaan BSB is still OP in Japan.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Yeah I already stated Fran BSB as the next must have for me some pages ago. Setzer and Quina are other good options. And Vaan BSB is still OP in Japan.

Super happy I randomly pulled Vaan's BSB when it debuted. Didn't even start using it until a couple weeks ago. I said it before, but that thing does work. Besides the extreme debuffing, even the dmg output on it is pretty healthy - up there with other BSBs.

ultra7k

So far I feel the X torment dungeon is easier than the V torment. Both are pretty low on my synergy totem polls, but even the trash mobs felt easier this time around. The 200 fight would have been a lot easier if I'd brought Terra and her BSB along instead of Lightning and her OSB/BSBs.

I'm currently sitting on the boss at the 250 level. I can blast him down to 50% but I think poor timing on my part with wall/medica is getting in the way of ultimate success.

Am I correct in thinking a relic not returning is the litmus test of it being a bit broken (in lgiht of the mention of Vaans burst which has useful debuffs and good DPS). I seem to recall Luneth's sword was like that in the early ages (remember when Advance was the roaming warrior and those of less fortunate on the relics and hones front had to reta meta our way through things) and only came back when other boosts had made it obsolete.

Speaking of which does anyone remember if SOLDIER Breastplate (VII) returned after it's first banner? (DeNA advertised it with the intended level 30 stats but said those were level 20...Japanese law means those incorrect stats had to be the level 20 stats...or refund all who pulled) Global is 5 defence away from it being overtaken (for a light armour at least) maybe it's time when it can return on banners is approaching.

Balphon

If anything the overwhelmingly good stuff returns more often since they have to tune the content around it. It's why Shout is on all sorts of banners. Advance was even on the first Keeper's Choice banner.

The actually bugged/broken stuff isn't likely to recur, though.

Tomorrow Lucky Draw might very possibly be SSB only...

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/01/16/upcoming-in-app-announcement-realm-dungeon-lu-3

I guess it depends of it they count BSB as SSB, but I don't see why. They always call those Burst. Oh well, 25 more Mythrils if no BSB.

Last DU LD was this:

This time, same message with no Burst mention.

On the BSBs being considered SSBs still...I haven't gotten an OSB yet so I can't compare the text to that, but when mastering a BSB, the part where it gives you the +10 stat bonus still says you earned it due to mastering a "Super Soul Break". So yeah, it's quite possibly a translation error. Thankfully, it's easy to check what's on the banner when it releases, so just do that and pull accordingly.

After much thought and even after pulling the top tier crap like raines, alphs and ysh bssbs, I've decided to give ffrk a rest. I'm just not enjoying it anymore and it feels like a chore. Going to take this board off my favorites and never look back. Thank all of you here for your awesome insight and conversation. Good luck on all your pulls and have fun! Peace

WarAdept

Did a cold run on Torment CM X. No Hit and Run, just launch straight in with no prior prep or research.

hUYlKs7.jpg

Couple of notes.

The trash hits hard compared to V Torment. At ~250 Def, most trash will physically hit you for around 3k for front row characters, so having Protectga up or using a tauntilator (Auron) will help a lot here. However, there a bomb enemies that will cast AoE Fira on the party for ~1.5k with 250-300ish Res.

Then comes the boss itself. He does way more physical than magic, but his single magic attack hurts, so both mitigation is necessary. Sapphire Shot is pretty much required (both Tidus and Jecht can use it) and unless you're spamming water attacks, you're just not going to do much melee damage (I had 60% Atk buffs with native boostga + Vessel with around ~490 Atk for Tidus, Jecht and Rikku. Probably should've found a critical + haste buff if there is one instead of Vessel).

He can go ham with AoE. Unfortunately my only medicas for X is the shared one we got for free and Yunas Tiny Bee (lol).

I never got Stoned, didn't bring Esuna.

For those who have average/poor synergy, I'd probably recommend waiting for the X event for Engulfing Twinstrike and see if you strike lucky in a pull/can fit Paine in the party.

Going to give it a few more shots before that though.

MrDaravon

Even if the LD is SSB-only (which I kinda doubt but it's still DeNA) I'm still probably going to pull. I have no medicas for FF8/9/FFT at all, and the only FF14 one I have is Y'shtola's first Cura medica, so even getting Eiko's SSB medica + reraise or Selphie's SSB medica + magic blink etc would be great. And my synergy in all 4 realms is okay but not fantastic. Hell, I'll even take some FF8 stat-sticks to maybe get that Ifirit mote dungeon CM done at some point.

I look forward to pulling Platinum Sword now that I already have the Onion Gauntlets.

BSB is great, but there's a lot of strong debuff SSBs on the banner that will make it worth it 6 months from now. Pulling only for BSBs seems short-sighted based on the reddit post I linked earlier.

MrDaravon

1/11, Beatrix's SSB which is pretty useless for me as I have her BSB. It casting Magic Blink is situationally useful and maybe nice for FF9 CM stuff but that's kinda it. My FF9 physical synergy was already okay, I really needed medica/mage stuff boooooo

Top Bottom