• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Caim

Better to keep separated and get both to level 20?

Screenshot_20170118-061121.png

Same question for Tin Armour (dupe)?
Oh and should I just sell all my 3* that are not "Unique"?

I usually combine, but if I'm really lacking synergy from a realm I'll keep it separate.

I sell all 3* and keep some 4* since stuff like Crystal Helm (VI) are wonderful especially when reforged.

Rixa

I usually combine, but if I'm really lacking synergy from a realm I'll keep it separate.

I sell all 3* and keep some 4* since stuff like Crystal Helm (VI) are wonderful especially when reforged.

Ok thanks, sold all my 3*. Now I need more leveling stuff for weapons.

Balphon

Beat Zidane.

By far the most unfun experience I've had in this game. Straight up made to be annoying, not challenging. Fuck this game of this will be the norm from now on.

You either have Mug Bloodlust, or you have to use that stupidly broken Raines BSB to cheese it.

He's especially vulnerable to hit and run if anyone needs to take the cheese option for him.

He's built to be about as obnoxious as possible.

Rixa

A really pleasant surprise this morning and probably my best pull ever. Really looking forward to using Zell in my physical team (which has slightly become outdated).

Grats, nice haul.

It seems that "Punishment" is same sword than "Twin Lance" only having more glitter & different name + one star more ;).

ultra7k

Ugh, finally downed 250 torment - as I mentioned earlier I feel the trash is a lot easier in this go around than it was in the V torment.

Ended up subbing Ashe for Terra (who is still capped at 80) and Ashe was doing about 3k per hit with BSB Cmd 1 whilst healing herself. She was the MVP of the fight.

Also dropped Lenna and her BSB in favour of Rosa and her SSB with magic blink. Between her and Tyro spamming it and a couple of near misses from the bosses rock attacks/tail I count my self pretty lucky.

At least the 250 torment drops 2x MDO. Will not be doing the CM for this as I just don't have the relics.

Did the half price pull - got another copy of Minfilia's Shield (3rd copy, combined and reforged now) and Steiner's Excalibur. Really wanted Agrias or Delita's relics but whatever. Tactics is around the corner and I will be pulling hard for TG Cid.

Wazzy

Banned
Grats, nice haul.

It seems that "Punishment" is same sword than "Twin Lance" only having more glitter & different name + one star more ;).
Punishment is actually Twin Lance but with Shear Triggers handle! It's in the original game too and looks the same.

Squall will have a unique and new designed gun blade later on in this game. They're holding off on using lionheart which I understand but I really want all of his stuff now lol

Rixa

Punishment is actually Twin Lance but with Shear Triggers handle! It's in the original game too and looks the same.

Squall will have a unique and new designed gun blade later on in this game. They're holding off on using lionheart which I understand but I really want all of his stuff now lol

You play you learn, thanks for the info :).

Beat Torment 200, used a mage team for dps as my physical teams were not doing well.

Alphinaud - Ultima Weapon, Drainga, Burst, Ace Striker RM

Cid Raines - Memento Mori, Wrath, Burst, Battleforged RM

Papalymo - Shellga, Waterja, Ley Lines SB, Sharlayan Thaumaturge

Tyro - Full Break, Lifesiphon, Unique & Burst, Mako Might RM

Yshtola - Protectga, Curaja, Burst, Dr. Mog's Teachings

Onion Knight RW

Pretty much bursted the boss down with Alph, Cid, and Pap using RW. It took a few resets (and one wipe argh) but got champion. Not sure who I should use the thief motes on yet though. I was thinking Faris since I have her burst but really not sure.

I feel good winning as that torment gave me more trouble than the FFV one did. 250 will elude me for awhile though.

friz898

Got 2/11.

Pulled Air Knives (Thancred) and Temple Cyclas (Yda) from FF XIV.

Rest was 1 4star dupe, 8 3star dupes.

On the new dungeons, Tactics dungeons were disappointing. While it's always nice to hear the music again, it was difficulty 20 and 40, with the same old "kill 3 regular units 2-3 times" as a boss. I hope the upcoming Tactics event has real FFT bosses.

Tidd

Since I got new toys for my mages I need some team building advice. (especially for the torment dungeons. Maybe a mixed team if it would be better?)

What do I have:

Offensive: (notes for mixed teams)
Alphinaud's BSB (also have Imperil wind on Zidane's BSB + his OSB/EnWind SSB)
Kuja's BSB: Imperil Dark BSB, commands do more damage with Doom, cmd1: 4 hits, cmd2: 2 AoE hits + his EnDark SB
Vivi's BSB: Standard mage BSB: Enfire cmd1: 4x ST hits cmd2: 2x AoE hits (also Imperil fire on Steiner's SSB + his BSB)

Medica:
Y'shtola's BSB
Selphie's Dreamstage: magic blink medica
Rosa's magic blink medica

Faithga:
Alphinaud's SSB (30% Attack/Magic + reflects damage)
Papalymo's SSB (30% Magic + Haste + reduces casting time)
Selphie's BSB (30% Magic/Mind)
Garnet's SSB (30%Magic/DEF + 3000 stock HP)
Kefka's SB (20%Magic? + Haste)
(Ramza's Shout for mixed teams?)
(Minfillia's Boostga + Last Stand for mixed teams?)

Support:
Mog's SB (50% Attack/Magic reduction)
Tyro's Wall
Y'shtola's Wall
Y'shtola's SSB (Protect + Shell + Major regen)

This is what I would use for a complete mage meta team:

Healer: Y'shtola Wraith + Shellga/Protectga
Support: Should I run Tyro for wall + breaks? Use Mog, dances and Y'shtola to setup Wall? Or maybe it is better to RW wall?
Faithga: Papalymo with Shellga + BLK spell or Garnet with Shellga + Healing or Summon and OK as a RW for Haste?
DD (damage dealer): Alphinaud with Meltdown(or other spell?) + summon?
DD: Kuja (or Vivi) + Memento Mori + I don't know

Furthermore what should I hone for Alphinaud? Tiamat because of EnWind? Ultima Weapon? Titan? I guess just one use isn't enough even if I can refill it.
I already suggested some RWs I could use but if there is something better (like Cid Raines BSB) just say it.

So many questions. I hope I didn't forget anything. v.v
Also thanks to Sseklebeast! He already helped me a bit without knowing it. :D

Lucky draw 3/11:
Strange Vision
Augmented Ninja Tekko
Wizard's Gloves*

*I pulled on OSB fest banner 2 only getting Braska's +mag+haste--casting time relic and while I was happy I didn't essentially get a dupe on the XIV banner the lucky draw shows I could not escape fate.

New VIII dungeons complete! Story is finally progressing quite a bit though they messed up the Deep Sea Research Center music and put XIII music instead lol
Did they ever fix the FFV dungeon they had made a similar mistake with?

2/11: Dragon's Crest and Kaiser Knuckles. A full breakdown bsb and a -50% attack and def bsb. Freya has an ether ability on command 2. Time to raise my Freya sky high, am I right? :p No dupes, two bsb's for 25 mythrils. I say its worth it and the update dungeons will almost cover the cost of mythrils.

So use her cmd 1 to make Sky High instant, repeat Sky High until its used, then cmd 2 to replenish it? Sounds kinda broken.

Not sure how else to use Yda's commands besides just nuking and hp stock lol.

Dragner

Vivi and Y'shotla's bsb. Salt levels are rising since I never got Healer's Circlet. Does she sacrifice a goat to appease the RNG gods or something??

Idk but she is extremely lucky, she is completely F2P and has an amazing account. I remember for the XIV banner she did one pull and got alphinaud BSB and she got sad because wanted kitty tiara but I recommended her to not pull again...well now she has it.

3x11 3BSB her 3 last pulls net her 5 BSB and 1 OSB. Nice ratio.

Edit: is actually 4 pulls she failed for OK BSB.

ccbfan

So much salt.

If not for my amazing FFXIV banner 1 roll, my shitty relic streak would probably make me quit this game right now. Even the guanranteed BSSB banner I got the shitty Jecht BSSB, useless and I couldn't even use the weapon for RS.

Last useful relic before that was Relm SSB.

Really need a black mage BSSB, should have rolled Cid Raines Banner.

thedan001

Pulled the lucky draw

Yda's BSB and Agrias SSB

Both new relics which I appreciate

I never use monk characters so not sure what to do with Yda for abilities? I'm guessing Fires Within and Lifesiphon with Fist +% materia?

Bonus is the fire boost from Yda's relic which goes nicely with Refia's BSB gloves for +40% fire total

Yes I know Yda is Lv1, I'll egg her to 80 then run her in Sundaily to 99, Refia is Lv50 also. Gotta upgrade weapon and hone Fires Within then I'll have couple of great monk characters.

EDIT: Actually, Fires Within uses Major White Orbs, should I save those for Ultra Cure that's coming up?

W4fywqKl.png

EDIT: just realized that this pull gives me a XIV CM team of 4 BSB's, (Y'shtola, Minfilia, Yda and Alphinaud) lol and too bad no XIV event for a long time.

Pulled the lucky draw

Yda's BSB and Agrias SSB

I never use monk characters so not sure what to do with Yda for abilities? I'm guessing Fires Within and Lifesiphon with Fist +% materia?

Bonus is the fire boost from Yda's relic which goes nicely with Refia's BSB gloves for +40% fire total

Yes I know Yda is Lv1, I'll egg her to 80 then run her in Sundaily to 99, Refia is Lv50 also. Gotta upgrade weapon and hone Fires Within then I'll have couple of great monk characters.

EDIT: Actually, Fires Within uses Major White Orbs, should I save those for Ultra Cure that's coming up?

EDIT: just realized that this pull gives me a XIV CM team of 4 BSB's, (Y'shtola, Minfilia, Yda and Alphinaud) lol and too bad no XIV event for a long time.

Well, you have a couple of options here, because I'm in the same boat.

Using Fires Within would basically turn her into this self-sustaining tank that can heal herself while avoiding a ton of damage. Getting her 6 star Monk would give her the opportunity to use Lifesbane, which would be amazing with her already increased attack from her Burst. I haven't tried it yet (as I don't have her maxed) but I'm guessing that she could probably get the full 5 attacks with OK Burst and her boost.

Pulled Zidane's OSB and Selphie's SSB (dupe, now have 3 and will combine) on the Lucky Banner.

At least it killed my temptation to pull on the FFIX banner.

Xetherion

Pulled the lucky draw

Yda's BSB and Agrias SSB

Since you have both Refia's BSB and Yda's BSB, you should give Fires Within to Refia (since she has enFire with her BSB) and Lifebane to Yda.

Yda's burst makes her an excellent candidate for Lifebane with the ATK bonuses she gets from Burst Mode and stacks of Greased Lightning.

Wazzy

Banned
People are getting some really great pulls in here! I'm just happy with my Y'shotla BSB. It's so damn useful.

Edit: oh my Brave Exius just updated with Ariana icon lmao

The story is literally Ariana vs Mariah Carey.
Lucky draw 3/11:
Strange Vision
Augmented Ninja Tekko
Wizard's Gloves*

*I pulled on OSB fest banner 2 only getting Braska's +mag+haste--casting time relic and while I was happy I didn't essentially get a dupe on the XIV banner the lucky draw shows I could not escape fate.

Did they ever fix the FFV dungeon they had made a similar mistake with?
I think they did but I haven't checked since beating it. They better fix VIII's :p
You play you learn, thanks for the info :).
I nerd out over dumb shit with VIII so I had to point out the difference xD

Mknzy

Didn't do bad on my lucky draw. Drew Zidane's OSB, Mustadio's SSB, and Palympyo's SSB. Zidane's OSB marks my second one after Vaan's, so I was happy to draw that. Thinking of putting him in a magic focused team of all girls to max out the OSB's damage.

Wait, 6* equipment can be augmented up to 30? What? Thats a lot of Rosetta Stones

Speaking of which, I'm trying to decide what to augment first. I've got about 20 Rosetta Stones sitting around. Seems like a magical weapon would be better than a physical weapon but I can't decide (for example, it could help get 3 hits from Tiamat, and magic always seems to do more than physical because of elemental weaknesses). I'd like to go all in on 1 item rather than spreading out across multiple items. My 8* items are Twin Lance (VIII), Masamune (V), Golden Hairpin (IX), Cid's Finery (XIII), Kuja's Gloves (IX), and Wizard's Gloves (XIV). Any suggestions?

XIII seems like the more common realm of all these, so maybe Cid's Finery?

On the other hand, I have Terra's OSB Blood Sword, which could be augmented up to 30 even though it's still only 6*. So there's that...

(Other OSB weapons are Gilgamesh and Squall, but both uncombined)

Thought it'd be higher? I have some 5*+++ equipment (lol Judgment Staff stat stick) which reaches level 35. Does 6*+++ exist? Or just 6*++?

He's talking about augment level, not equipment level (i.e. rosetta stones, not scarletites / adamantites)

Also I don't think you can go to 9* right now, even in JP. Will probably be possible someday.

WarAdept

Quina (IX) is listed as Physical Support but optimize treats her like a mage. I don't understand this.

Game optimises based on highest offensive stat. It's why Gordon gets optimised mage gear as well, despite being support/backup white mage.

You can get around it by mastering SSBs or RDing the stat you want to be higher than the undesired stat.

Whelp I'm not shocked but another 1/11 on the half price pull. That is 7 multi pulls in a row now that went 1/11 they are doing a great job of making sure i don't spend money ever on this game. It was Air Knives or whatever btw.

Damn at some of the awesome pulls people have done! Zell and Y'shtola bursts in the same pull?!

How good is the T.G. Cid banner coming up? I've read some talk that it's a god banner and others saying it's overrated. Oddly enough, aside from the Cid relics, I'm kind of excited to have a chance at Cleansing Strike for Agrias.

Balphon

How good is the T.G. Cid banner coming up? I've read some talk that it's a god banner and others saying it's overrated. Oddly enough, aside from the Cid relics, I'm kind of excited to have a chance at Cleansing Strike for Agrias.

It's pretty good.

Cid's OSB & BSB are obviously good though a bit awkward to use since you need to deal with their cast time somehow.

Agrias's are are all useful in different ways: tanking BSB, damaging SSB, & support SB. Kaiser Shield is +lightning damage on armor which is very good.

Mustadio's SSB is AoE Hyper Break which is pretty great.

Ovelia's SSBs & SB are all solid healer stuff.

What's the easiest way to beat Steiner and Beatrix? That 1 hp move of Beatrix is getting so annoying with sap already on me. Should I bring Greg and BSB Steiner in the face? My dark hones are pitiful. Ruinga at R3 and Bahamut at R1. I still run mostly a physical team with OK BSB and Shout.

What's the easiest way to beat Steiner and Beatrix? That 1 hp move of Beatrix is getting so annoying with sap already on me. Should I bring Greg and BSB Steiner in the face? My dark hones are pitiful. Ruinga at R3 and Bahamut at R1. I still run mostly a physical team with OK BSB and Shout.

Bring 2 mages (I used Lv. 65 Garnet and Lv. 80 Kuja) with Cid Raines' BSB RW. Hit the RW on Kuja and Garnet as soon as possible. For the first one who uses RW, use command 2 first followed by command 1 targeting Steiner. For the second one who uses RW, just use only command 1 targeting steiner.

Once he's dead, keep spamming command 1 against Beatrix. Don't touch Beatrix at all until Steiner is dead (aside from that first hit of command 2 on Raines). Have a Medica in mid-cast once you start wailing on Beatrix, if you're lucky it'll go off right after she casts Climhazzard. Free win from there.

friz898

Pretty much what all he said.

I wasn't sure why you mentioned Ruinga, it's non-elemental.

I suggest bringing Ultima Weapon for double 9999's. At least with Savior of Spira RM. Also Drainga over Darkra. It'll do 9999 and heal you for 2999.

Time a group heal, or if needed, a RW group heal to land right after Climmhzard. There is a couple Instant Group heal RW's too. Also, I think two Climmhazards are hardwired in at like 80% and either 50 or 30%. Not 100% sure on that.

Last but not least, Freya's Reis Wind SB (Group Regen) can cure your group Sap.

Once Steiner and his group Sap is gone, Beatrix really is easy. Seriously, her 1HP move doesn't matter anymore once Sap is gone.

Edit: Btw, I almost always run 1 tank, Healer, Dps, Sum/BLM and the last slot is either Support or another Blm/Sum. Like 95% of the time I run that.

But for this particular battle, I had Freya as my only Front line. Leaching Leap helped keep her alive, and she can Breakdown for you if needed. The rest of the group I had Vivi, Garnet, Eiko, and Kuja. Between Ultima, Drainga, Protectga, Shellga, Curaja, Meteor, Arise/Curaise, and another or two, all those casters were useful.

Tidd

Completed my first 200 torment dungeon. There's no way I can CM it. The only FF X SB I have is Yuna's Magistral rod. Thank god for the freebies!

First of all I forgot to egg up Kuja and Alphi to level 80. ._.

QzQnT7Rl.jpg
ASPEtjOl.jpg

SBs:
Kuja: EnDark SB, Imperil Dark BSB
Alphi: BSB
Papalymo: Faithga + RW Cid's BSB
Tyro: Wall
Y'shtola: Aetherial Pulse and BSB

I used Draw Fire on Tyro to build up meter for Wall and to take as little damage as possible on the trash. This worked pretty well.
Started the first round with casting Wall and Faithga for haste. Then I took them down. Meanwhile Tyro tanked all the attacks. Yshtola just used Wrath and Curaja if Tyro needed it. Somewhere in between I started using Alphi's BSB. Before the boss I renewed my wall.

Time for the big boss:
Since I already had wall up, Tyro used FB and Draw-fire to take care of the ST physical attacks. (around 400 damage). Y'shtola started with Aetherial Pulse for Protectga, Shellga and High regen. Papa used it's faithga and after that one RW of Metamorphose for more buffs and damage. Kuja started with EnDark and after that I spammed his BSB + commands, the same thing did Alphi. For everyone the SB bar was filled before a BSB ran out and I could just go on. If it was necessary, I renewed all the buffs and Y'shtola used her BSB when it was needed.
MVP for this fight was the resist KO accessories. It grants a free turn if you don't have bad luck. Only got hit once or twice by his %damage attack.

Dragner

Mustadio SSB is low key the best FFT relic no one is talking about.

I think thats because its just an SSB on BSB era and that you have to use Mustadio that is not the greatest of characters. Its the same as with Irvine SSB...but at least Irvine gets an omega tier BSB later.

Tidd

I guess the 250 torment dungeon is a little too much. I think I could do it if RNG is on my side but they take sooooo long.

In other news Zidane and Vivi are getting two great BSBs in Japan. My inner FF IX fanboy is screaming. <3

Top Bottom