• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Do we know specifically when 2nd anniversary fest is? I just remembered that I'm out of the country the entire last week of march, might not have internet access @.@. Would be pretty annoying if I missed the entire thing

Rubenov

So, let's say I get a code and "friend" a RW... how do I get him/her to appear on the RW selection screen before entering a dungeon? Anything other than refreshing constantly until it appears?

MrDaravon

I'm going to be content with a single 11 pull on FFT banner 1; Cid's stuff (especially his OSB) is really good along with Mustadio's gun, but looking at it I agree with the sentiment in hindsight since it went up in JP that it's a bit of a trap banner as Cid's stuff in particular is really good, but most everything else on there is so-so. It's not bad or anything but nothing super outstanding, and Agrias' BSB is still a BSB but it's considered one of the worst.

On the other hand most folks probably don't have much FFT synergy (unless you whaled/saved hard on the last FFT banner for Shout) so it's probably still worth pulling on, especially if you're concerned about needing a medica or relics in general for CM purposes which is a big part of why I'm pulling on it. But I think people might be a liiiiitle too hyped up for it, especially since Cid's stuff recurs later on better banners albeit not for 2-3 months IIRC.

Kenai

So, let's say I get a code and "friend" a RW... how do I get him/her to appear on the RW selection screen before entering a dungeon? Anything other than refreshing constantly until it appears?

No. That's why it's a pretty good idea to take a bunch of RW that actually have characters you want to use.

Outside of a few GAFers, mine is loaded with SG/SS2, Hastegas, BSBs and a few Medicas and OSBs The bottom 3 on the list are random people not on your proper Friend List that you can add after if you pick them, so there's that too.

Kenai

Edit: sorry for double post.

I'm going to be content with a single 11 pull on FFT banner 1; Cid's stuff (especially his OSB) is really good along with Mustadio's gun, but looking at it I agree with the sentiment in hindsight since it went up in JP that it's a bit of a trap banner as Cid's stuff in particular is really good, but most everything else on there is so-so. It's not bad or anything but nothing super outstanding, and Agrias' BSB is still a BSB but it's considered one of the worst.

On the other hand most folks probably don't have much FFT synergy (unless you whaled/saved hard on the last FFT banner for Shout) so it's probably still worth pulling on, especially if you're concerned about needing a medica or relics in general for CM purposes which is a big part of why I'm pulling on it. But I think people might be a liiiiitle too hyped up for it, especially since Cid's stuff recurs later on better banners albeit not for 2-3 months IIRC.

I actually decided the same way. There are three pretty damn nice realm event banners out before summer. FF8 Banner 1 has Fuijin's BSB which is arguably better than Alph's since she has more general skill options (and my FF8 gear is pretty poor), FF12 banner 1 has the vaunted Fran BSB and the almost-as-good Basch BSB, plus a Hastega and a +Holy element armor, and the FF6 banner has the vaunted Setzer BSB and some other solid BSB/SSBs.

And that doesn't include any fest banners, 2 year anniversary is in there somewhere.

Rubenov

Took my 2 week-old account and characters to punch above my weight and battle Kuja (difficulty +++). Gave it a try and got my world rocked.

Then decided to come back with a strategy revolving solely on the use of Zidane's OSB, which I got on the lucky pull this week.

Crafted Steal Power for Zidane, and gave him the Lifesiphon I got for free (was able to hone it once). Equipped 3/5 of my team with Heals / Revives / Shell. Gilgamesh was rocking Armor and Power Break.

Battle starts, shell goes up, we start getting hit and everyone starts spamming heal.

Zidane attacks with Lifesiphon once... twice... then uses Steal Power. That, along with the hits he took is enough to get his SB gauge up. Unleashed Meo Twister for 85,000 damage.

Kuja transforms, immediately casts flare star (?) and my whole team drops to the floor, except Zidane (thanks synergy?). Zidane calls the RW which also has the same OSB, and hits for 75,000. Kuja goes down. BOOM victory.

I know BSBs are all the rage and OSBs get a bad rep (from what I've been reading over the last few days), but being able to do over 150K of damage in quick succession is pure awesome.

10/10 will OSB again.

Falk

that puzzling face
Turns out Beatrix with BSB and the FFII resist accessory makes d200 Black Waltz pugs a sure-victory.

As long as the guy with Wall remembers to recast it.

I'm LTTP

I'm lttp on the ff9 event too whats the cheese tactic for the cid mission?
RW Cid raines bring along two mages (I used Kuja and Garnet). Command 2 then command 1 (dark magic which they are weak too) absolutely melts them. Take steiner down first. The +def from RW also helps a lot.

White mage mako might with medica of any kind (use when beatrix does the scripted 1 HP move...if your mages are strong enough you'll only see one of these)

Support for breakdowns (can put in back row if you're worried about damage). 5 th party member I went with Zidaine back row with draw fire (was taking a few hundred).

I ran into a pickle where command 2 use and support was enough to get Breatrix down below 80% HP so she used the 1 HP move when Stiener was still about and my white mage was not on standby to use medica.

Another thing to watch out for is some of their moves can cause sap. Sap+1HP=bad time.

RW Cid raines bring along two mages (I used Kuja and Garnet). Command 2 then command 1 (dark magic which they are weak too) absolutely melts them. Take steiner down first. The +def from RW also helps a lot.

White mage mako might with medica of any kind (use when beatrix does the scripted 1 HP move...if your mages are strong enough you'll only see one of these)

Support for breakdowns (can put in back row if you're worried about damage). 5 th party member I went with Zidaine back row with draw fire (was taking a few hundred).

I ran into a pickle where command 2 use and support was enough to get Breatrix down below 80% HP so she used the 1 HP move when Stiener was still about and my white mage was not on standby to use medica.

Another thing to watch out for is some of their moves can cause sap. Sap+1HP=bad time.

How do you get rid of reflect with this build?

Or survive ultimate climhazard fuck 8k to everyone

I want to pull for Lulu's Robe so bad tonight (pure favoritism) but it does not make sense when I know it's also on Tidus Chain Relic and Yuna USB banner in a few months. I will wait... Maybe very lucky 100 gems? Yea, right...

thedan001

In my winning CM run for FFIX

I burnt down Beatrix so fast, she only did Climhazzard once to my team

Yes, Raines bsb RW on 2 mages, lol

It doesn't have automatic response with scripted Climhazzard at HP intervals, it seemed like her next action query will be Climhazzard after passing a HP% for me

thedan001

So I'm seeing conflicting reports on bursting down steiner or beatrix first?

Steiner first, then deal with Beatrix and her 2x Climhazzard's at your own pace

Steiner has to go down asap before he uses his signature attacks, CM parties will get overwhelmed the longer both are alive

Steiner first, then deal with Beatrix and her 2x Climhazzard's at your own pace

Steiner has to go down asap before he uses his signature attacks, CM parties will get overwhelmed the longer both are alive

Still what enables you to live the hit without wall? Power bd plus full bd and protectega still got me wrecked

Edit: I'm an idiot, forgot Zidane's SSB is power breakdown to all, gave him mako might and Quina magic/full breakdown and I stomped the fight

I'm a bit torn on pulling on FFX Banner 2. I'd really love Rikku or Lulu's burst, or a Paine relic. But I already have Jecht BSB, Lulu's moogle, and Yuna's rod, and tbh winding up with duplicates of any of those would be painful. High risk, high reward...

WarAdept

Triple checking all IX stuff is mastered. I get paranoid that I haven't done something just before the event ends.

Looks like Orlandu/Gaff this week (Thurs/Fri, depending on where you are).

Triple checking all IX stuff is mastered. I get paranoid that I haven't done something just before the event ends.

Looks like Orlandu/Gaff this week (Thurs/Fri, depending on where you are).

The banner I want to whale on comes out the same day as my next pay check

:X

thedan001

I can't help atm (mid-dungeon and out of stamina), but how do people join specific rooms? I only ever see the ability to create numbered rooms but not search for them.

It's on the first page of multiplayer screen menus, with the list of battles displayed.

There's 2 buttons on the bottom, search raid by ID and search all available public games.

Now that I can stop green farming, I can actually start the FFX event. The Ultimate Weapon Raids were pretty simple. I actually tried to leave the first Apocolypse raid group I joined, but the leader went straight into battle without letting anymore confirm, and we still Mastered it. (A bit slow since there was no Hastega or Boostga, hence why I tried to leave, but we got it done.)

Tidus was... probably the easiest U++ I can remember;
the U+ was harder.

I used Greg, whose BSB didn't help as much as I hoped, but he's tanky AF; Alph, for Ultima Weapon BSB recharging; OK for Swiftspell and BSB; Ramza for Shout and Break; and Vanille for BSB medica and Protectga.

I'm sure if you use 2x Cid Raines BSB he'd go down even faster, but I find it easier to just stack mitigation.

Yeah Ramza/OK help a lot. I always bring my Y'sh to make sure my groups have one.

I usually bring Vanille because I've encountered some terrible healers, and Transcendent Dream is such a lifesaver. Minfilia too, just for Last Stand, since it gives groups more margin for error.

Pulled my first 100 gem 5* today. Was Lulu's doll. Got 1 more doll from my 1st 11 pull, and a 3rd doll, plus 3 other relics from my 2nd 11 pull. Nothing spectacular, but 5 unique relics from one banner is nice.

Going to give the torment CM a try with this setup

i4MizyCl.jpg

Wakka and Seymour have bsb, everyone else has ssb

Could probably replace Paine with lulu since her 8* doll with synergy would be crazy, but I'll try this first

Falk

that puzzling face
FALK'S FFX GEAR

mGIRTJql.png

3 uniques (none SSB)

3 shared stat sticks

decently hard U+ CM

xx96N8o.png

edit: Beat it with 2 Mythril refreshes (mainly for gauge to spam MBD SB and medica SB) N O R E G E R T S

Anustart

Turns out I just have selective memory.

For X I have Paines sword, aurons riot blade, unique for tides, Yuna medica and now risky burst

Wow U++ Tidus is the easiest U++ I've faced so far. Did it on my first shot without having to reset with my mage team + Cid Raines BSB. Easy mode I know but was nice to get it out the way so fast.

My X realm synergy is practically nonexistent so glad he melted the way he did. Had 2 deaths but got champ so whatever.

Top Bottom