• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

To the two people talking about bad luck on 100 gem pulls.

I went about 8-10 in a row with 3 star dupes.

But my last 3 out of 4 have all been 5 Stars. I got a 5 star last night, Yuna's chaos rod.

I'll master it for +10 stat and it's a big group heal, but I have Tiny Bee and I like that one.

Like last event, I found the 140 fight harder than the 160 this time. Ultima Weapon really destroyed d140, but I only have 1 hone of it.

For Sanctuary Keeper, I didn't bring Esuna, it didn't really matter. I did cast Arise twice at the end of the fight. I went all magic for the d140, and all physical for the d160:

d140-
Rikku (80)
Yuna(99)
Seymour (73)
Braska (80)
Lulu (80)

d160-
Tidus (99)
Yuna (99)
Paine (80) (For banishing Strike)
Rikku (80)
Kimhari (80)

Unsuprisingly the raid boss was super easy even on 200 solo with Minfilia's bsb, PCecil's bsb, Onion's bsb, Tyro Wall and eiko bsb. I may farm the 60 stam version.

still need to tackle torment 250 and torment cm. I pulled 2x on the 1st banner netting me both braska relics and kimhari's spear and then i pulled once on the second banner netting me rikku's bsb and pains ssb, so I will be trying a physical cm.

thedan001

My first attempt with FFX torment cm this morning.

I did not win, I was too slow with S/L so my team wiped. I will try again later today. This run was my dry run so I will refine my setup also.

SB's used were Tidus BSB/OSB, Paine SSB, Rikku BSB, Wakka SB (Status Reels) and Yuna SSB2.

I used Wakka SB once on boss then entrusted rest to Tidus.

OSB did 99k with boostga, Status Reels, Multi Break, Imperial Water and En-water.

Some screenshots, happy to answer any questions if you're thinking about trying it out too.

dRBKRz4l.png

KMZO8R3l.png

gcbGx2Kl.png

I got ahead of myself and assumed I won but it didn't die yet and wiped my team, losing my opportunity to S/L and try again.

I feel dumb.

I forgot to equip water resist accessory on my healer, lol

Beat the d200, but with how hard it was with my A-team, I don't think it's possible for me to CM. You really need either Tidus's BSB or preferably OSB.

Also the D250 will probably be too hard for me for the same reasons

Multiplayer raid done. Minfilia and Vanille delivered the works for me.

So the D160 team aka let's try out the SBs we just got (including that back row Squall who does like 7k damage with his OSB*) with just me providing Magic Breakdown and Full break (I had to provide the attack boost too...but that's why I bring Minfilia) was taking 1.6k damage at most.

Now it felt like the D200 team who had the boss at debuff cap was taking about the same. I thought that was quite an interesting offensive contrast. Memory might be playing tricks on me.

*-I'm sure someone else mentioned having someone like that.

I also did the Ultimate in the regular event and forgot to equip KO resist so nearly lost right at the end.

Edit: Right I was going to mention so I know in global max stamina is xx 4/5 and in Japan I hear it is xx 2/5. So global saves 200k greens (two less shards are needed from the shop assuming your goal is xx 0/5 which given each DU these days has 10 shards seems sensible). Thanks, Darill's Tomb.

Balphon

Yeah, I don't think I can do the FFX Torment CM. Really seems like you need either a couple native mage buffs or enwater on Paine/Tidus.

I did pull Lulu's doll off the second banner so I might give a strategy built around an Edea BSB RW a try sometime down the road.

Yeah, I don't think I can do the FFX Torment CM. Really seems like you need either a couple native mage buffs or enwater on Paine/Tidus.

I did pull Lulu's doll off the second banner so I might give a strategy built around an Edea BSB RW a try sometime down the road.

Edea's bsb is not yet in game is it?

Balphon

Edea's bsb is not yet in game is it?

It isn't, though it's not far off (Fujin/Raijin event).

I meant that I'd wait until the next time Torments are out. The CM should* come back with the dungeon itself later on.

The real long game would be to just wait for Gogo's BSB and Chain Waterga.

WarAdept

All hail Ultra Cure! Oh and something something twin water smack.

(Love that Ultra Cure has not only a cool animation, but it's super fast as well. RIP my MWO.)

iu7MZkc.jpg
le6cHzz.jpg

Took down apocalypse raid today with a group of randoms.

Vaan destroys this boss, and we had two... I ran vaan (BSB, LS & TR) and minfilia (BSB and SSB). Party consisted of another vaan (BSB & mug bloodlust), a vanille (BSB), pcecil (BSB), Hope (BSB& OSB), Tyro (SG), and one a wakka (with BSB).

Triple breaking magic decimates this boss. Plain and simple. Even when the unmitigated popped up, we had him debuted so it only did 1k damage.

Took down apocalypse raid today with a group of randoms.

Vaan destroys this boss, and we had two... I ran vaan (BSB, LS & TR) and minfilia (BSB and SSB). Party consisted of another vaan (BSB & mug bloodlust), a vanille (BSB), pcecil (BSB), Hope (BSB& OSB), Tyro (SG), and one a wakka (with BSB).

Triple breaking magic decimates this boss. Plain and simple. Even when the unmitigated popped up, we had him debuted so it only did 1k damage.

Yea I wiped 4 times with randoms, every time within the first 15 seconds of the fight. Finally switched it up a bit and brought Tyro and Fang. Full Break / Magic Breakdown / Highwind, his attacks were doing nothing

Ahnez

Man, is ultra cure expensive to make? I'm guessing it's the next big thing to have assuming every boss has shitty RNG status effect attacks. lol

10 Major White, 6 Major Wind and 6 Major Holy to create

But.. To hone to R5, its 220 Major White, 132 Major Wind and 132 Major Holy

So yeah.. Its pretty expensive

WarAdept

Man, is ultra cure expensive to make? I'm guessing it's the next big thing to have assuming every boss has shitty RNG status effect attacks. lol

Kind of expensive. It's main Orb is Major White, which is shared with only 2 other recent abilities (Second Wind Cannon and Tiamat, both very good abilities in their own right).

Major Holy isn't particularly used nowadays, with only Guard Bringer as the next skill using that type of Orb. (Recent abilities shared are Sapphire Shot and Gaia Cross).

The Major Wind is a problem:

Tiamat
Dash and Slash
Ultra Cure
Gale
Poison Leaf
Tempest Snipe

And yeah, Ultra Cure is basically a necessity with all upcoming content. An upcoming CM for XII comes to mind...

XII CM is Mandragoras. RIP.

WarAdept

A Dream for Spira U+ CM

Probably should've brought Affliction Break, but I took a gamble on RNG. He's not particularly hard, just be ready for Ultimate Photon Wing spam at the end (I wasn't). Yuna kicked the bucked halfway, don't have a good medica for her (Tiny Bee doesn't count!)

Spends 4 turns buffing (1st two turns is Haste/Protect, 2 more turns at 50% with Regen/Reflect), so wail away.

uoRDw1q.jpg

(Love that Ultra Cure has not only a cool animation, but it's super fast as well. RIP my MWO.)

It's actualy slightly slower than Curaja and has the same SB charge as it. It's why a lot of people (like me) are still not jumping the gun to hone it, even though it could become extremely useful really soon as more and more bosses employ status effects.

I guess Affliction Break comes in handy too.

Kain

Man, I had a very rough time with Tidus, when he gets to his 40% or so he starts spamming shit and it gets really hard. I tried various setups and I could beat him with two healers, a support and two mages with Raine's BSB as RW. Luckily every turn was like 8x8Ks in his face so he got down fast. I had a really hard time with the last two U++, I hope it's not the norm...

It's baffling because the U and U+ felt like under 100 difficulty battles, they were SO easy I thought I would breeze through the U++ but nope.

thedan001

It's actualy slightly slower than Curaja and has the same SB charge as it. It's why a lot of people (like me) are still not jumping the gun to hone it, even though it could become extremely useful really soon as more and more bosses employ status effects.

I guess Affliction Break comes in handy too.

Animation and casting times are 2 different things, I think he was complimenting on the ability animation effect.

Cast time is .5 sec slower than Curaja or something like that however.

A bunch of new characters have been confirmed on the NicoNico live stream happening right now. I know it'll all be common knowledge in no time, but I'll spoiler just is case.

Jihl (XIII)
Reks (XII)
Cid (XIV) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ace, Deuce & Nine (Type-0)
Gogo & Umaro (VI) :D
Ward & Kiros (VIII)

Also, the female Keeper's name has been revealed: Urara (Though Tyro's was changed from Deci for Global, so her's might change too.)

At this rate are we eventually going to get
Biggs and Wedge in both FFVI and FFVIII flavors. I suppose there is Bannon, Ghestal and Maudin (plus anyone else I forgot) on the FFVI side.

Kyari

A bunch of new characters have been confirmed on the NicoNico live stream happening right now. I know it'll all be common knowledge in no time, but I'll spoiler just is case.

Jihl (XIII)
Reks (XII)
Cid (XIV) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ace, Deuce & Nine (Type-0)
Gogo & Umaro (VI) :D
Ward & Kiros (VIII)

Also, the female Keeper's name has been revealed: Urara (Though Tyro's was changed from Deci for Global, so her's might change too.)

That's a surprisingly large chunk of characters given that they're starting to run low on options for some games.
But Cid Garlond hype.

Also the entire roster of 4 tay, the rest of the dawn brigade in ff5, characters from ff7 ac/doc/cc, all of 15's cast minus noctis, the rest of the typo 0 cast

Glad to finally see Gogo and Umaro! Just feels weird to me to see NPCs like Cid Raines in the game before characters who were actually part of the playable roster of one of the most popular FFs.

They're still missing a ton of stuff from XI and XIV. There's probably enough content from those 2 games alone to equal the entirety of all other FF games combined.

Balphon

Isn't Ace the main character of type 0 and the rep in Dissidia?

Yeah, he's in Dissidia and he's probably the most visible of those 12 so it makes sense.

Type-0 doesn't really have a main character. Closest it comes is with Rem and Machina who get the most development of the PCs by a longshot.

WarAdept

Isn't Ace the main character of type 0 and the rep in Dissidia?

Rem and Machina are the main protags of Type 0 as it's centered around their story, but Ace is definitely the one they focus on as the face of that game.

Jihl/Reks

Holy shit, I was joking ages ago they should've added Reks.

Although this merry little band is missing Aria from FF3.

Characters that have 5 mins of screentime then they die.

Wazzy

Banned
Slowly picking away the elites I've ignored. II, VII, VIII are all done and X is almost completed. IV, V and XIII have way too many I haven't touched so I'm going to try and refresh a couple times to get the huge amount finished.

Top Bottom