• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Slowly picking away the elites I've ignored. II, VII, VIII are all done and X is almost completed. IV, V and XIII have way too many I haven't touched so I'm going to try and refresh a couple times to get the huge amount finished.

Once I realized that elites have a FAR better stamina / major orb rate than dailies, it was an easy decision to focus on the elites. I'm getting pretty close to 100% completion

So I made a JP account last night and with all the mythril they give you I had enough to do a half price 11 pull. Got Rosa's SSB, Thancred's SSB, and Lightning's SSB. Pretty good for just starting out, was able to unlock all three of those characters to make use of their SBs too.

I finished all normal realm dungeons on global which leaves majority of the elites to be finished. Kind of sad I'm almost done with that part of the game!

250 mythril saved and tactics is coming soon, yay! Wondering if I'll have to use it all? Hehe

Syntsui

WarAdept

Just as a reminder, Nightmare Summon Banner drops in 4 hours, and it has a ton of good stuff on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...ider_pulling_on_the_next_summoning_nightmare/

Lots of BSBs / SSBs with summon magic damage (which will be essential for the Valigarmanda and Neo Bahamut Nightmare fights).

Lots of Faithgas. And various other stuff.

These rates alone:

4 OSBs (10% chance to get a rainbow disco ball)
14 BSBs (35% chance of a rainbow being a BSB)

Along with the fact that the game is in full Mage Meta mode, this Summon Nightmare 2 banner makes it worthwhile for a few pulls.

It's actualy slightly slower than Curaja and has the same SB charge as it. It's why a lot of people (like me) are still not jumping the gun to hone it, even though it could become extremely useful really soon as more and more bosses employ status effects.

I guess Affliction Break comes in handy too.

Yeah like thedan said, I was talking about the animation speed. The extra cast time is basically a non issue.

These rates alone:

4 OSBs (10% chance to get a rainbow disco ball)
14 BSBs (35% chance of a rainbow being a BSB)

Along with the fact that the game is in full Mage Meta mode, this Summon Nightmare 2 banner makes it worthwhile for a few pulls.

Isn't the soft cap for physical going up now though? Will make physical teams a bit more compelling.

Yeah the Tactics event bumps the ATK soft cap from 590 to 700, which is ~33% increase in damage.

BTW, when people talk about the soft cap that's after buffs right? So if you're planning on using Shout, for example, then to reach 590, then anything higher than 393 going into the dungeon is already going to be at cap after shout?

WarAdept

BTW, when people talk about the soft cap that's after buffs right? So if you're planning on using Shout, for example, then to reach 590, then anything higher than 393 going into the dungeon is already going to be at cap after shout?

Correct.

EDIT: I have 13/40 of Nightmare 2 Summoner Banner. 32.5% chance of a dupe...

This actually might be a skip for me, as much as I want some Arc/Tyro stuff.

Correct.

But only 12.04% chance that you get 0 new relics (after factoring in the chance that you could get anywhere from 0-10 relics from the non guaranteed pull)

Chance of Dupe on the guaranteed 5* = .325
Chance of Rainbow on each additional item = .14
Chance of Dupe assuming rainbow = .325
Chance of new relic assuming rainbow = 1 - .325 = .675

Chance of new relic on each additional item = (.14)(.675) = .0945

Chance of non 5*, or dupe 5* on each additional item = 1 - .0945 = .9055

Chance that all 10 items are non 5* or dupe = (.9055)^10 = .3706

Chance that the first item is a dupe and the remaining 10 items are non 5*s or dupes = (.325)(.3706) = 12.04%

Just as a reminder, Nightmare Summon Banner drops in 4 hours, and it has a ton of good stuff on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...ider_pulling_on_the_next_summoning_nightmare/

Lots of BSBs / SSBs with summon magic damage (which will be essential for the Valigarmanda and Neo Bahamut Nightmare fights).

Lots of Faithgas. And various other stuff.
If I counted right I have 13 of those rel...
Funny coincidence. I know the relics we have not the same because I have both of the relics on offer for Arc. Didn't notice his Robe SSB was instant heal, maybe I should use Arc now to feel less like I'm cheating like with Vanilles burst.

WarAdept

But only 12.04% chance that you get 0 new relics (after factoring in the chance that you could get anywhere from 0-10 relics from the non guaranteed pull)

Chance of Dupe on the guaranteed 5* = .325
Chance of Rainbow on each additional item = .14
Chance of Dupe assuming rainbow = .325
Chance of new relic assuming rainbow = 1 - .325 = .675

Chance of new relic on each additional item = (.14)(.675) = .0945

Chance of non 5*, or dupe 5* on each additional item = 1 - .0945 = .9055

Chance that all 10 items are non 5* or dupe = (.9055)^10 = .3706

Chance that the first item is a dupe and the remaining 10 items are non 5*s or dupes = (.325)(.3706) = 12.04%

I fail so hard at maths.

If I counted right I have 13 of those rel...

Funny coincidence. I know the relics we have not the same because I have both of the relics on offer for Arc. Didn't notice his Robe SSB was instant heal, maybe I should use Arc now to feel less like I'm cheating like with Vanilles burst.

I just want Arc stuff because I love FFIII DS. And yeah, instant cast medicas are so good.

Syntsui

Arc's Robe is so much better than Vanille's BSB it's ridiculous. Instant Physical Blink is a godsend, it's definitely the gem of this banner for me.

Personally my top 3 are:

Tyro's BSB - ridiculously good debuff support + magic blink
Rydia's BSB - BSB commands with summon damage and high dmg output
Ashe BSB - BSB high damage command with Self Heal

Correct.

I am close to that and my account is a dupe magnet... None of my relics would really benefit from getting a dupe at the moment. I really want Alphi's book but I don't think that it worth the try for me... I wish I had like 3-4 pulls for this and was super excited about it! Maybe I'll get a good 100 gems! Haha I wish...

Balphon

I have all of Arc's SBs and they're all quite good.

His SSB2 is one of the best healing SSBs (and is +holy armor to boot), but it obvioisly lacks the sustained healing of a BSB.

Balphon

I only had 6 of the items on this banner.

So predictably I went 1/11 with a dupe. And it's a sword so there's no reason not to combine it.

Yay?

I don't think I've ever not been screwed by a nightmare draw. Serves me right.

Xetherion

100 gem: 3* trash

11-pull: 3/11, ALL BSB! Keeper's Tome is a dupe, but also got Rinoa's and ALPHINAUD'S!

Went from having 0 mage bursts to 2 in one pull, so happy right now!

I did 3x 11 pull and had some fucking ridiculous luck.

100 gem pull said:
vlw9Wofl.png

11 pull #1 said:

11 pull #3 said:

I didn't take a screenshot of the 2nd one but I got Terra's OSB (dupe, boo) another copy of Garnet's SSB, and something else I don't remember.

3x 11 pull + 100 gems = 34 items. Of those 34 items, 13 are relics, and 11 were unique non-dupes.

2/13 were BSB (Terra's Blood of Esper's and Rydia's Mournful Cry (really wanted that one))

Ahnez

1/11 Tyro OSB

Oh well, an OSB is an OSB

edit
The all stat buff is nice though

another edit
When are the mote dungeons coming back again?

I'm missing one Onion Mote >.>'

MrDaravon

1/11 Rydia's BSB

Wouldn't have been my first pick but it's not a dupe, and my only FF4 mage relics were Rydia's first SB, Golbez's first SB and Rydia's (pretty eh) SSB so it's something! Was really hoping for a 2/11 or better though, I have little to zero mage/healer relics in most of the realms represented in this banner :(. Is what it is but her BSB is at least solid and lets her run full on Summoner as well as being a relatively rare en-earth relic so I'm pretty okay with this if not super pumped.

I'm 100% sure I'm going to get screwed on the FFT banner. Me pulling OK's BSB off my 100-gem pull has used up all of my luck for the year, but at least I have multiple Trinity options now so outside of CM's in certain realms I can at least clear most/all content so it's hard to complain.

Syntsui

Pulled more than I should and didn't get anything really special, I'm kind sad but I can make up to that this week so fuck it. What's done is done.

1x Fire Lash
2x Maduin Horn
1x Stone Blade
1x Ninurta
1x Keeper's Tome
2x Chaos Rod

I really wanted Arc's Robe or Terra's OSB but I just can't want nice things when RNG is involved.

Pulled more than I should and didn't get anything really special, I'm kind sad but I can make up to that this week so fuck it. What's done is done.

1x Fire Lash
2x Maduin Horn
1x Stone Blade
1x Ninurta
1x Keeper's Tome
2x Chaos Rod

I really wanted Arc's Robe or Terra's OSB but I just can't want nice things when RNG is involved.

Damn Keepers Tome is one of the best things on the banner. Read that Reddit thread I linked earlier about the future of events where you need lots of BSBs with debuff stacking

Syntsui

Damn Keepers Tome is one of the best things on the banner. Read that Reddit thread I linked earlier about the future of events where you need lots of BSBs with debuff stacking
Yeah, now that you are talking about it, it is pretty sweet. I saw your post and I'm really interested in debuffing relics from now on.

Thats why Orlandu banner is so godlike, if I don't get his OSB but get Mustadio's SSB, it will be fine.

MrDaravon

Oh snap I totally didn't even think about this being a Summon Nightmare dungeon, Rydia's BSB is a pretty huge silver lining here actually. Thank your RNGesus! I don't have any other Summoner bursts outside of Garnet's.

You made me jealous because I really wanted Keepers Tome so I pulled again . Damn you. Seymour BSB and Arc SSB. Oh well, both of these are good regardless

I did 3x 11 pull and had some fucking ridiculous luck.

I didn't take a screenshot of the 2nd one but I got Terra's OSB (dupe, boo) another copy of Garnet's SSB, and something else I don't remember.

3x 11 pull + 100 gems = 34 items. Of those 34 items, 13 are relics, and 11 were unique non-dupes.

2/13 were BSB (Terra's Blood of Esper's and Rydia's Mournful Cry (really wanted that one))

You got so many whips

MrDaravon

1/11 - Wizer Rod

Well, that's probably my best Medica now, but I was hoping for some quantity. Should I pull again?

As always depends on what your needs are and what you have/don't have on the banner. The ONLY reason I'm not pulling again is because I'm only going to have enough for one pull on FFT as is (I might do a second gem pull at best) because my RS for mage/medicas in a lot of the realms on the banner is shit or non-existent. But then lots of people are totally skipping this because they're good on mage/healer stuff. YMMV

evangd007

As always depends on what your needs are and what you have/don't have on the banner. The ONLY reason I'm not pulling again is because I'm only going to have enough for one pull on FFT as is (I might do a second gem pull at best) because my RS for mage/medicas in a lot of the realms on the banner is shit or non-existent. But then lots of people are totally skipping this because they're good on mage/healer stuff. YMMV

I started playing last month, so on this particular banner I have the Wizer Staff I just pulled and the Veil of Wiyu that I haven't used yet because Alph's level break is still not available in the Hall of Rites.

So you could say I have a very low chance of dupes.

Czarcasm

Decided to do another pull.

Braska Robe and another Seymour Robe

Seriously, What the Hell?

Can someone get me the odds of this happening? 3/4 items out of a pool of 40 being the same?

Syntsui

Literally worst pull possible on this lucky.

1/11, dupe stormlance grimoire

I need mage stuff not that.

Does no info mean cid is Thursday?
I googled this and holy shit I'm sorry for you man. You probably just got it as an off-banner.

Was this a day one banner relic? How can something so awful exist?

WarAdept

I googled this and holy shit I'm sorry for you man. You probably just got it as an off-banner.

Was this a day one banner relic? How can something so awful exist?

It's a Global exclusive Relic that had to be selected from a Beginner Relic Banner way way back in the day.

It was actually quite coveted back then, having quite a high multiplier (at the time. SSB's only started to be introduced).

Valigarmanda mastered on the first try. Not pulling on the Nightmare banner, too many chances for a dupe, and I need to be frugal with my Mythril after the past two garbage months.

Top Bottom