• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Tidd

I thought Mug Bloodlust was a Nightmare Dungeon skill. Is it gone forever? :(

You need Thief motes which you can get from the FF X torment dungeon. After you got them you can unlock it under record spheres for each character that can use 5* Thief abilities.

Wait what? Stormlance is in the pool? How is that possible?

I googled this and holy shit I'm sorry for you man. You probably just got it as an off-banner.

Was this a day one banner relic? How can something so awful exist?

It's a Global exclusive Relic that had to be selected from a Beginner Relic Banner way way back in the day.

It was actually quite coveted back then, having quite a high multiplier (at the time. SSB's only started to be introduced).

I checked it is in the pool. Caveat emptor everyone

Uh I don't suppose that the summoner draw and the FFT draw will be concurrent? 150 myth and I'd do a pull here if I got everything I want in the first two draws on FFT but I also want 3 shots at TG Cid's stuff if I need it.

Knocked out Crushdown and Ultima. Loving all these Major Orbs and 6* Crystals. The fights are fun too, i wish more fights were unique like this. Looking forward to some of the harder ones.

Sunday is gonna be fine since i got all this new gear. Need to level up the characters

thedan001

Yeah, the nightmare bosses have unique interesting mechanics that I would like to see more into FFRK.

Only annoying nightmare for me was Curada one but power creep made it easier now which isn't bad.

WarAdept

Torment X CM

Fuck this Torment CM as well, even harder than the V one. If you don't have Tidus BSB/OSB or Rikku's BSB, you're kinda screwed as Geo has some crazy defences and goes nutso at weak phase.

SB's used:

Tidus - Abes All-Star (EnWater BSB)
Paine - N/A
Rikku - Master Thief (ATK/RES down large)
Wakka - Attack Reels (MAG down large)
Yuna - Shared X medica

All old crap except for Tidus' BSB. My first initial dry run I didn't have a tank so I took a lot of damage from the trash (was using Jecht instead of Paine). Paine herself didn't do much with Engulfing Twinstrike (2.5k x2), but at least she was able to tank all of Geo's ST attacks like a champ. Tidus was obvoiusly the majority of my damage, with Rikku and Wakka being the double support/supplimentary DPS.

I was tempted to do a pull on Keeper's Choice 1 just to get a guarenteed Yuna's HotF for better healing, but I was stubborn.
And S/L'd the fight for 3 hours.

7UBdwks.jpg

I beat my first nightmare boss! Kaiser Dragon is down, first time he did not phase to water or lightning weakness so I did not master it. A couple tries later and I got him mastered and proceeded to create Meltdown. :)

It's funny I needed to master the fight to have the exact amount of crystals to make it. Pretty happy this guy here.

ZangBa

I took the barriers down multiple times but a Glutton never spawned. I mastered it anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. I'm glad this Nightmare is on the easier side, too burned out for a headache like Zidane.

Hey LTTP but did my first 200 raid and it was pretty fun. Constant BSSB and OSB spam, some clutch heals by yours truly, everyone helping out. We had three white mages so it wasn't too bad, but took awhile.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Been getting a "Google account error" message with this game for a few hours. Anyone has any solution? I'm on an android...

Never mind the problem has been resolved:)

ccbfan

1 FFT + 1 Nightmare Draw or 2 FFT?

Really lacking Mage BSSBs (Have 0 in the list except for Tiny Bee, so knowing my luck dupe Tiny Bee)

FFT I really want the Agrias and Cid gear but Mage meta is just so dominate over Physical meta and by the time Physical meta start gaining steam again its is gonna be trumped by Cloud USB meta.

God dammit, i got torment cm down to a sliver of his health and he wiped me. And i even did it with no wall or water damage. Literally couldn't even see his bar.

Don't think I'm going to try again, i used hit and run to build SB and it takes forever.

Xetherion

Yeah, the nightmare bosses have unique interesting mechanics that I would like to see more into FFRK.

Only annoying nightmare for me was Curada one but power creep made it easier now which isn't bad.

The thing i love most about the nightmare bosses is that many of them are Break immune, meaning i don't have to use a party slot to bring a Support.

I like Support skills, but i'm very tired of end-game content being tuned to make them a constant requirement.

Give me more Break immune bosses!

I finally went and did the Meltdown Nightmare. I thought the Kaiser Dragon was going to be a real hard fight, but with Ysh BSB and OK basically doing constant, sustained magic damage, it went down real quick. I just need one more Fire crystal for Meltdown, then I'm set for a long time in terms of Black Magic.

Dragner

Boring times for me. No pulls, easy content, easy multiplayer. Zzzzz bring me hard stuff to do.

Im on skip everything until anniversary mode.

This banner sucked me in with promises of a Keeper's Tome. I pulled way more than I should. I think I did 7x 11 pull. In total I got:

1x Blood Sword (VI) [Terra OSB] (Dupe)

1x Dagger of Resolve (IX) [Garnet BSB]
1x Stardust Rod (VI) [Terra BSB]
1x Seymour's Rod (X) [Seymour BSB]
1x Sleipnir's Tail (IV) [Rydia BSB]
1x Tiny Bee (X) [Yuna BSB]

1x Wizard Rod (IX) [Garnet SSB] (Dupe)
1x Wizard Staff (VII) [Aerith SSB]
1x Maduin's Horn (VI) [Terra SSB]
1x Elder Staff (III) [Arc SSB]
1x Braska's Staff (X) [Braska SSB]
1x Fairy Flute (IX) [Eiko SSB]
1x Mystic Whip (IV) [Rydia SSB]
1x Beast Skiller (V) [Krile SSB]
1x Fire Lash (V) [Krile SSB]
1x Cardinal (VIII) [Rinoa SSB]
1x Last Judgement Grimoire (Core) [Tyro SSB]
2x Royal Gown (IX) [Garnet SSB] (Both Dupes)
1x Tiara (VI) [Terra SSB]

Before the banner I had 8/40 of the items After the banner I have 24/40. Only 3 dupes, which I consider remarkably good. Assuming I didn't leave anything out I got 20 relics, so 20 / 78 = 25%, which is kind of insane. I got 4/11 3 times though.

Another good pull with Rinoa's OSB, Keeper's tome and Terra's BSB (for +magic).

About Keeper's Tome: how do you know when to use it vs SG's Wall ?

This banner sucked me in with promises of a Keeper's Tome. I pulled way more than I should. I think I did 7x 11 pull. In total I got:

1x Blood Sword (VI) [Terra OSB] (Dupe)

1x Dagger of Resolve (IX) [Garnet BSB]
1x Stardust Rod (VI) [Terra BSB]
1x Seymour's Rod (X) [Seymour BSB]
1x Sleipnir's Tail (IV) [Rydia BSB]
1x Tiny Bee (X) [Yuna BSB]

1x Wizard Rod (IX) [Garnet SSB] (Dupe)
1x Wizard Staff (VII) [Aerith SSB]
1x Maduin's Horn (VI) [Terra SSB]
1x Elder Staff (III) [Arc SSB]
1x Braska's Staff (X) [Braska SSB]
1x Fairy Flute (IX) [Eiko SSB]
1x Mystic Whip (IV) [Rydia SSB]
1x Beast Skiller (V) [Krile SSB]
1x Fire Lash (V) [Krile SSB]
1x Cardinal (VIII) [Rinoa SSB]
1x Last Judgement Grimoire (Core) [Tyro SSB]
2x Royal Gown (IX) [Garnet SSB] (Both Dupes)
1x Tiara (VI) [Terra SSB]

Before the banner I had 8/40 of the items After the banner I have 24/40. Only 3 dupes, which I consider remarkably good. Assuming I didn't leave anything out I got 20 relics, so 20 / 78 = 25%, which is kind of insane. I got 4/11 3 times though.

Thanks for keeping this game funded! Seriously that's a pretty good result coving a number of realms.

Personally I pulled 1 garnets weird dress ssb thing.

thedan001

This banner sucked me in with promises of a Keeper's Tome
promises of a Keeper's Tome

Unless it's in Tyro or Dr Mog's selection, there aint guarantees in pulls. Dat's some relic chasin' tho. That post makes me feel impressed and cringe at the same time, lol.

Still you got very few dupes from pulling 7 times which is a silver lining there. Time to hone hella black magic/summoning because you got the loots for them now.

Also out of 7 pulls gave you 1 OSB and its a dupe, but it's a great weapon for characters like Terra and Onion Knight.

I checked future banners and Keeper's Tome shows up in banner 245, JP called it abyss pickup banner, what is this?

All nightmare dungeons mastered :)

I really hated the Curada dungeon, the guardian boss is horrible. I went YOLO using black, ninja and physical attacks, while spamming medicas back to back.

I was prepared to do three pulls on the XIV banner to get what I wanted, but managed to get all of it on the first pull. I'm hoping I'm as lucky on FFT, so I can have some left for the Nightmare banner.

Czarcasm

3rd pull

Tiny Bee (Second Dupe), Keeper's Tome (Dupe), Fire Lash (Dupe)

I was going to use mythril for one last pull but fuck it, I just don't care anymore. I've gotten nothing good out of this banner.

Wazzy

Banned
Elite dungeons coming along nicely. Picking away XII's currently. I'll catch up on Nightmare later today.
Can't do the Nightmare Dungeons because I'm farming mithril for tomorrow. 18 to go and I'm done.

Hopefully you pull Orlandu! All that saving being for nothing would suck ass.

If you love him as much as I love VIII you'll pull all his stuff.

Should we be expecting maintenance and an APP update soon? Kongbakpao is out of translated banners..

I ask because lunar new year is this weekend and I think we got something for free last year

Wow CPU Nightmare can be annoying as hell if you accidently use Multi-Break earlier than you're supposed to. Took me awhile to clear that one.

Kenai

One pull tomorrow (since I'm more a fan of the next FFT banner), then hoarding as much as I can for the FF12 banner (so maybe 3 pulls but prolly 2). Then hoarding for the (far) future FF6 banner. Fran BSB and Setzer BSB are that gud.

Only wildcard is our anniversary banner stuff but if they are similar to JP one I will have quite a few dupes that may dissuade me.

I'm passing on these banners, they just aren't appealing at all to me. Easy to say when I have a fully augmented plat sword, rmzas bsb, ovelias ssb, Ramza heavy armor+ a regen staff and a generic rod for the realm. Oh and a generic robe. Plus this is an easy event with few fft events on the horizon. I have banshers with osbs in the form of Gilgamesh and cloud already anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
His relics are good but they're really awkward to use. Even if you get his BSB+OSB it's probably not going to redefine the meta for you.
Trying to decide whether to pull on FFT or the Summon banner. Although I wonder if the inevitable Black Mage banner might be a better choice.

Wow CPU Nightmare can be annoying as hell if you accidently use Multi-Break earlier than you're supposed to. Took me awhile to clear that one.

I couldn't get the overheating mechanic to work right so I just killed the orbs then OSB'ed the boss into oblivion lol. He was hitting me for like 9999 but i still wasted him

Finished up the new Realm Dungeons and then Mastered the FFX 250 Torment Dungeon. Again, no Healer BSB, no Tidus OSB/BSB. Just working with what I've got and trying to find a strategy that works. (In this case, 5+ layers of mitigation!)

Top Bottom