• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

Oh man, I didn't realize Orbfest Phase 5 ended tonight. I still had some leveling I wanted to accomplish. That's kind of a bummer :(

I didn't really have any leveling to do or anything, but I was really surprised to see it gone. It was abrupt compared to the other phases.

friz898

My U+ Report:

100gem 3star trash.

Both of these fights were incredibly easy again. The last one seemed too easy. I'm not sure if it's me or the game. I have great synergy for this realm however. I finished both on first try.

d140:

Steiner (80) - Tornado Strike, Banishing Strike - World Traveler (Wind) RM
Eiko (99) - Protectga, Curaja - Haste
Zidane (99) - Power Break, Armor Break - Haste
Garnet (99) - Shellga, Valefor - Haste
Vivi (80) - Ultima, Drainga - Haste

RW - Don't Remember

Very, Very easy. After Zidane's Burst with imperil wind, then followed up with Steiner and Tornado Strike. Used Breaks instead of a support with breakdowns since I just wanted it for the medals. Nothing really of note. They all had fMajor/Moderate fire resist.

d160:

Steiner (80) - Tornado Strike, Firaga Strike - World Traveler
Eiko (99) - Phoenix, Curaja - Haste
Zidane (99) - Bladeblitz, Dismissal - Haste
Vivi (80) - Ultima, Drainga - Smoldering Fury (Fire Dmg RW)
Echo (99) - Multibreak, Curaise - Haste

RW - Yshtola's Prot/Shell/Regen SB

Steiner has Firaga Art SSB, Vivi has Fire BSB. Completely melted them. Not much to report. I used Drainga one time with Vivi and then realized it was useless, they absorb it. So after Ultima was gone, he just sat there until he could use his burst. His burst was killer though of course.

Did not attempt d180, I never do, and it's just not really worth it to me.

Edit: Also I finished all the Record Missions, they were such a chore/bore. At least they were easy. Nothing to do now except I guess finish more Nightmare Dungeon last fights. Excited to use my "new teams" on the mote dungeons since I've changed focus from synergy to building around Soulbreaks.

You can obtain everything from III event in fact I got more than I needed. Still the drop rate isnt the best so rng will tell. There was people that couldnt get everything from the event and had to farm Ahriman. Ahriman has a droprate of 20% more or less.

Thanks. The 3 event is a ways away while the motes are back tonight. Have OK at 98 with no OK motes. Will get a couple and then wait for event for the rest. Does OK have to be in my party for them to drop?

Also, the daily dungeons reset on the 19th. More free mythril. New players should get the current ones wrapped up before then.

LucaMac

Also, the daily dungeons reset on the 19th. More free mythril. New players should get the current ones wrapped up before then.

Not as much as normal mind you in case anybody is banking on it. Only the highest difficulty of each dungeon gives mythril this time.

LucaMac

Way to be a mood killer, lol.

What is it, difficulty 110 I guess?

Couldn't tell you. It's in Japanese. Its 120 stamina a pop though. So higher than our 90 stamina ones for sure. Doesn't feel much harder.

There's more dungeons as it's double dungeons every day bar Sunday. 13 mythril over all.

friz898

Couldn't tell you. It's in Japanese. Its 120 stamina a pop though. So higher than our 90 stamina ones for sure. Doesn't feel much harder.

There's more dungeons as it's double dungeons every day bar Sunday. 13 mythril over all.

Would suck if Bladeblitz and Ruinga can't one-button clear it still.

ccbfan

How was everyone's anniversary fest?

I got not very much quantity (lots of 1/11s) but a lot of quality.

Medica LD (0/0)

Didn't draw since I have a lot of medicas and it turned out to be a good idea too since I got 2 more omega tier bsb medicas.

EnElement LD (1/11)

Tidus BSB - Never gonna use the BSB but my first FFX usable RS weapon (I have a lot of blitz ball weapons).

BSB LD (1/11)

Alphi BSSB - My third most wanted relic (Raines BSB, OK BSB my most wanted), have a major need for good mage sbs and I have an enwind armor. Got arguable the be native mage sb.

Free LB (3/11)

Lightning OSB - LOL, my first OSB and the worst OSB in the game. Ironic since first BSB is Tiny Bee. At least I finally got my first physical XIII RS weapon.
Cecil BSB - OK I guess. Not very useful since I already have an amazing holy physical teams so this has no chance of getting on my team unless I need AOE. FFIV RS weapon I guess.
Ramza SSB - Trash, too late and I already have amazing FFT sword RS.

Banner 1 (4/11)

Seph OSB - Pretty good OSB for me, I have a fire imperial and I can get his enelement from the next tyro selection so this should be good. Bad stat stick though.
Kain BSB - Great BSB, with Lightning Strike, Kain became the highest physical DPS in the game.
Vann BSB - Arguable the best phsyical bsb in the game.
Edge SSB - haste + last stand

Banner 3 (3/33)

Krile SSB - Dupe
Relm BSB - My second most wanted relic from this banner. Probably the best relic for last stand.
Bartz OSB - Not too bad since I have his enWind relic.

Banner 5 (6/22)

OK SSB - first OK sb, FF3 state stick.
Ramza SSB - I have a lot of crit chance gear so good synergy there.
Agrias OSB - Nice have all her SBs so imperial holy and enHoly. So an amazing entrust character. Sword is also a great weapon to rosseta stone.
Eiko BSB - LOL another tope tier medica BSB
Ok SSB - Dupe
Yuna SSB - Dupe

Good anniversay in general. A lot of 1/11s so bad quantity but the relics are useful.
4 New OSBs - Covers Lightning, Fire, Dark, Wind, Water, Earth, Holy, NE. So only Ice is not covered. Have imperials and enElement for a few elements so OSB entrust meta should be super strong.
Alphi BSB - Greatly enhances my Mage team since I had 0 offensive mage bsbs. Plus I have a +wind armor for him.
2 top tier Medica BSB - Relm and Eiko BSB (plus the Ysho I already have), pretty much covers my healing needs. Not sure which to pick though since I also run Zell BSB and last stand is really only needed for really hard content.

Pretty good. I had 550 ready for it.

1 pull on phase 1: Vaan's BSB (the only relic I wanted)

1 pull on phase 4: Cid's OSBx2 and Agrias imperil BSB (the only relics I wanted)

I'm back to 500 mythril. I've never been this lucky before lol.

Xetherion

This anniversary was absolutely stellar for me.

Medica LD - 2/11

Sarah SSB, Vanille BSB, both new. Good CM medica and excellent BSB medica

EnElement LD - 2/11

Zidane SSB, Krile BSB, both new. Zidane's is great for me because I also have his OSB. Krile's is a solid mage Fire burst with status utility.

BSB LD - 2/11

Celes and Vincent, both new. Celes' enHoly goes great on my Holy team, and Vincent's has great utility since it gives Radiant Shield. It was key for me when I did the Shadow Lord raids.

Player's choice - 3/12

Got OK Sword and Gauntlets from free draw, both new, then got a 2nd OK Sword from 100 gems. OK Gauntlets for free!

Banner 1 - 6/23, edit: 7/23. Forgot i got Braska's robe here also.

100 gems was trash. 1st pull got me Keeper USB, Braska SSB, and Seph SSB, all new. 2nd pull got me Maria BSB (new), 2nd Keeper USB, and 2 more Seph SSB. 7* Keeper Frock is now easily my best armor.

Banner 2 - 0/1

Too many dupes, not enough prizes, skipped. 100 gems was trash.

Banner 3 - 4/12

100 gems got Relm BSB, then got Laguna and Sabin SSB's and Raines BSB from 1st pull.

Banner 4 - 0/0

Didn't even do 100 gems as dupe chance was too high

Banner 5 - 0/0

See above

I ended up with over 150 mythril still saved after the fest, which i was not expecting at all. I still have a bunch of mythril to get as well as I haven't finished the Record Missions yet nor started the X Records dungeons.

Syntsui

Relics wise, this was a phenomenal fest, got nearly everything I wanted and needed for the future meta (except Yshtola BSB).

Event wise, these record mission are boring as fuck but all the others are nice, specially Shadow Lord. With this in mind, they fucked up the schedule, I lost at least 3 days worth of orb farming because I had to finish the realm events. The last orbfest had all events with extended duration so players could focus on the actual orbfest.

I think maybe I pull too much.

1KAgpxKl.jpg

scy

Overall, really good:

• Curaga Lucky - Rosa BSB, Aerith BSB, Eiko BSB.
  • En-Element - Vivi BSB, Agrias SSB.
  • Burst - Kuja BSB, Emperor BSB, Yuna BSB.
  • Ultros - Pull 1: OK SSB, Ramza SSB. Pull 2: Terra OSB, Lightning OSB, Celes SSB.
  • Banner 1 - Kain BSB, Vaan BSB, Arc SSB.
  • Banner 2 - Pull 1: Krile BSB, Minfillia SSB, Selphie SSB, ExDeath SSB. Pull 2: Minfillia SSB, Minfillia SSB.
  • Banner 3 - Refia BSB, Sabin SSB.
  • Banner 4 - Pull 1: Ashe OSB, Alphinaud BSB. Pull 2: Ashe OSB, Alphinaud BSB, Alphinaud SSB.
  • Banner 5 - 100 gem: Cid SSB.
+ Raines BSB during the the last XIII event.

As much as I want to salt at Banner 2 and Banner 4's second pulls for repeating their prior pull, it was a really good set of stuff. I had a small relic pool going in (started playing during the last few days of the FF1 event / start of the VIII event) but was still expecting dupes on some banners but managed to avoid it. Went from no Medicas to essentially 4 and enough stuff to set up both a mage meta comp and physical comps. Still missing some pieces but at this point it's already getting to pulling for synergy and character relics I'm interested in.

Sitting at 200 Mythril and at 180 Stamina (from ~100); a bit wary at having used up basically all of my dungeon Mythril sources this fast but eh, it'll be fine. Probably. Minor chase of OK BSB and an XI synergy pull aside, I can probably save until Squall BSB2 / Cloud USB / Extreme Fest. Maybe.

Fantastic, actually. This is the general breakdown, although I might have gotten the order wrong.

P5: Didn't pull.

P4: Agrias OSB/BSB, Orlandu OSB dupe, Eiko BSB, OK SSB

P3: Greg OSB, Relm BSB, Golbez BSB, Refia BSB, Laguna SSB, Noel SSB, Krile SSB

P2: Didn't pull.

P1: OK OSB, Vaan BSB, Seph SSB, Braska SSB, Edge SSB

En-Element/Ultros/BSB: Steiner BSB, Garnet BSB, Donkey Kong Cecil BSB, Aerith BSB, Firion BSB, Cid (VII) BSB

All in all, super productive. I've got a holy team, wind team, and fire team. Not quite mage meta since I didn't get Cid Raines' claws, but I'm satisfied and ready to start saving again.

Ok I will keep my habit of breaking streaks. Fest was average to bad for me, didn't get anything I wanted or that really improved my party. LD were horrible. However, got what I wanted in 3 pulls of the concurrent VI banners (Setzer BSB and Celes OSB with a side of Edgar and Kefka BSB).

Anustart

My anniversary experience was amazing.

Would up getting several relics I was really really wanting.

Namely, bursts for Luneth, Maria and Alphinaud. Got a couple other bursts but these were my faves, got my first 3 osbs ever, which I'm not really stoked about because bsb is king still.

WarAdept

Boundless Nemesis

Foresight is a hell of a thing. Funny how reliant we've become on the JP players to tell us what really is truly worth it in the end. Only the whales would be able to beat this thing if it launched prior to our 6 months of knowledge and prep time. All that mithril spent making sure there was a native Wall, good medicas, mage OSB's and native Hastega/Last Stand made for the perfect mix of pulling this off.

Didn't want to read the AI thread so this was an exercise in trial and error as I slowly pushed further and further towards it's defeat. I initially had Terra instead of Eiko as I have her OSB and thought Wall + Vanille's Instant Medica would be enough. It wasn't, so out came Eiko with her OP USB.

OK was literally the only one doing any offensive damage apart from Deployment Tactics, launching 55k+ OSB's back to back. Decided against any Swiftspell spam or any other high speed damage sources because I noticed Nemesis does Ultima counters after every 10 attacks or so. So OK spammed Wrath.

Take your Slow Resists and take it slow at the beginning to build up SB's to survive the Boundless Etheral Cannon spam at the end of it's life.

cIaBSpL.jpg

I got the Eiko's USB in my last pull. Is she a good character to put in the party?

She's a great healer with summon abilities. I use Vanille though. I have her BSB and it essentially breaks the game. It's so good.

- - -

GAF, I'm adding Sephiroth to my A-Team since I pulled his new OSB and have a few of his relics. What samurai abilities should I equip on him? Any advice here?

Can't wait for the 19th for the new dailies. I think I have the post anniversary blues... Even at 90 Stamina per daily, I barely have the strength to do it. Might let my Stamina overflow a lot until the change.

ultra7k

Feels weird not having any events to do now after that glut of daily grinding during the Spring Festival.

Guess we get a Dungeon Update and WoFF soon, so I'll just grind dailies till then.

����������������������������������

No way man, I totally got all this with Mythril... Totally.

Anyway, in other news, Kuja 200 raid is hard as fuck.

scy

What are all the options for Magic Blink? Is there a list somewhere?

It's not the easiest to navigate for it but has all the relevant SB effects.

The convenient ones off the top of my head are Tyro BSB, Sarah BSB, Firion BSB, Selphie SSB, Beatrix SSB, Sazh SSB; there's like 10 others but those are the ones I remember / have seen relics of recently. If it counts, Rosa BSB cmd1 is a Magic Blink as well.

Edit: lol, beaten. I should refresh more.

Anustart

Absolutely trounced d200 kuja with a group.

We had it all, mitigation, runic, instant heal, and stacking wind emperil for my zidane and an exdeath to take advantage of with his meltdown.

Only time we came close to dying was the Ultima cast.

WarAdept

I got the Eiko's USB in my last pull. Is she a good character to put in the party?

Fantastic healer with exceptional Soul Breaks. Her USB in particular is one of the best medica's in Japan to date.

Only problem is that she's one of the few characters that still doesn't have her Record Sphere grid yet.

DeNA plz.

Mknzy

Enlir's spreadsheet has a list of what every SB does.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...AOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit?pli=1#gid=344457459

Some noteable ones off the top of my head

Tyro BSB
Sarah BSB
Firion BSB (insta cast!)
Rosa SSB
Aerith Fury Brand (got too many of these from going after Cloud BSB)
Selphie SSB

Probably a ton more I'm missing.

Wow, I've been rocking Firion's BSB for a lot of raids, and I somehow never realized it offered Magic Blink. On top of that I got lucky enough to get his enHoly SSB, should be able to really start tearing up with him.

friz898

why do you want his credit card number

Credit Card Number, Gameshark Codes, it's all the same.

Edit: Editing here to avoid two posts in a row. I'm fixing to go check the calendar, but are we back to the original Thursday/Sun schedule where pretty much nothing happens except those days? Aka, anything tonight?

Also, to all my fans who are constantly refreshing the thread to see my progress updates (joke), I cleared two mote dungeons last night pretty easily. Playing the game "the way all you guys do" with stacking bursts/supers and imperil/en-element has really made things a lot easier for me. I shouldnt have been stubborn at the beginning.

I beat the FF3 eye guy who's in like all final fantasies yet I'll still spell it incorrectly if I try. Was happy there, as I got a mote or whatever for O Knight, so he now has 5star on everything but 2. Then beat the easy one someone suggested to me a few months ago. The FF13 one who staggers.

I tried FF2 one with Soul/Ogre Mages and got close but couldnt do it. I tried Ifrit today, and even using Ice relics, and three medicas, I didn't get anywhere close on him.

Top Bottom