• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

gaf seniors, another shout for help..
now..
team is starting to shape up, but..

magic&abilities
I'm totally in the fog about magic..
and i think it would be in my best interest to understand it, as i have two casters in the party (quina with her Golden Hairpin ssb) and ashe ( with her osb), so it would be beneficial if I use them as caster and not as auto-attacker all the time :)
soo..
what are the abilities I should chase? is there something like "protect+shell" combined? is there something like ffbe with full break? is there the concept of buffing (say with individual stat buff, or global like ramza's ffbe song??)
enlighten me!

PARTY
also, i have both eiko osb and vanile bsb.. i have 2 spare hero soul, who shoul i pick out of those two?
currently my party is
63-65: orlandu (with his osb), quina (using vanille weapon bsb and her own ssb), beatrix (random 5* relic), their cap is 65
50 : ashe (osb weapon), i have no memory lode 1..
cloud: 39 (random 5 * relic), i think i should sub him.. maybe vivi? or amarant? or kuja?? i have their crystal to break their first cap to 65...

WEEKLY TASK
which dungeon of the weekly one should i try to farm? given the abilities I should prioritise, which mote i'm interested in, if any?

so well, go ahead and give me the enlightenment! :)

I tried FF2 one with Soul/Ogre Mages and got close but couldnt do it
I did this as a Cid mission a month ago. I had to throw everything but the kitchen sink in at the end (most my characters were either low or run out of abilities). My party set up was pretty odd too. Firion with Cardinal+++ casting sleep on the Ogres with lifesiphon as backup to use the really dated wild rose row SB I have for him, Leon with Blood Sword (FFVI sadly) using memento mori followed by the vessel of fate RW I had (dark zone was other slot), Gordon using breakdowns on the Flame Soul and finishing the fight with a cast of the goddess's bell SB I have for him, Maria (who I now have her bow which would have made things easier) with some magic (Meteor and whatever chain spell the soul wasn't immune to) and eventually used vessel of fate RW and Minwu who had Shelga and Ultra Cure and I think I used both SBs I have for him, the instant cast medica during the normal part of the fight and the damaging SB in the kitchen sink desperation.

Leon had 5 seconds on his doom timer and so I really needed the gear I had...even if it was off realm.

WEEKLY TASK
which dungeon of the weekly one should i try to farm? given the abilities I should prioritise, which mote i'm interested in, if any?

Just to jump into a very small part. As in the daily dungeons? All of them, every difficulty because they are being replaced very soon.

Regarding motes, whatever you can get your hands on. 3* motes are pretty plentiful, 4*s much less so. Maybe to start with take it slowly and think what actually might be of benefit.

WarAdept

now..

magic&abilities
and i think it would be in my best interest to understand it, as i have two casters in the party (quina with her Golden Hairpin ssb) and ashe ( with her osb), so it would be beneficial if I use them as caster and not as auto-attacker all the time :)
soo..
what are the abilities I should chase? is there something like "protect+shell" combined? is there something like ffbe with full break? is there the concept of buffing (say with individual stat buff, or global like ramza's ffbe song??)
enlighten me!

PARTY
also, i have both eiko osb and vanile bsb.. i have 2 spare hero soul, who shoul i pick out of those two?
currently my party is
63-65: orlandu (with his osb), quina (using vanille weapon bsb and her own ssb), beatrix (random 5* relic), their cap is 65
cloud: 39 (random 5 * relic), i think i should sub him.. maybe vivi? or amarant? or kuja?? i have their crystal to break their first cap to 65...

WEEKLY TASK

When establishing a party, the most basic and tried and true composition is this:

1 Healer (Character with White 5*)
1 Support (Character with Support 5*)
3 DPS

Abilities needed for harder content

Curaja (White Magic 4)
- High single target (ST) heal
Protectga (White Magic 4) - Increase the defence of the party by 100%
Shellga (White Magic 4) - Increase the resistance of the party by 100%
Power Breakdown (Support 4) - ATK -40% for 15 secs
Magic Breakdown (Support 4) - MAG -50% for 15 secs

These 5 are basically the most used abilities in the entire game, regardless of your party composition or the fight. It'll ensure you actually can survive attacks. Sure there will be some gimmick fights that completely omits several or all of these, but for the most party, you're going to be rocking 3-5 of this in a given fight.

Abilities highly recommended

Full Break (Support 5) - Single Target ATK, DEF, MAG and RES -30% for 15 seconds.
Lifesiphon (Combat 4) - 1.8x damage ST physical hit. Increases SB generation by 150. 100% hit rate
Wrath (Support 4) - ATK +3% for 15 seconds. Increase SB generation by 180.
Multi Break (Dancer 5) - AoE ATK, DEF, MAG and RES -30% for 15 seconds.
Exhausting Polka (Dancer 4) - AoE ATK -40% for 15 seconds
Heathen Frolic Sarabande (Dancer 4) - AoE MAG -50% for 15 seconds
Banishing Strike (Knight 4) - 2.0x holy damage ST physical hit. Dispels the enemy.

Full Break is usually of next importance since it stacks with both Power Breakdown and Magic Breakdown. Lifesiphon and Wrath is very good for people who have SB's but don't have high honed 5* skills as it allows them to spam SB's with impunity. Generally as you start to amass orbs, you slowly wean yourself off Lifesiphon spam and onto better things, but for now, it's the best thing you can ask for to slot into your physical teams.

Wrath is more for Mages that have access to Support 4 for the same reasons above as Lifesiphon. Never use Wrath on a physical character unless you know what you're doing as the ATK +3% boost will override any same single ATK buffs that you've placed on the party (like Ramza's Shout).

The next 3 can wait, but for AoE fights, you're going to need them, as they're AoE variants of the Breakdowns/Full Break (but do no damage).

Banishing Strike is a fairly exceptional skill, dealing high holy damage as well as dispelling an enemy of their buffs.

Party

Healer
You're actually set with this. Eiko or Vanille, choose one or the other, or rotate depending on the fight. Vanille will have more longevity since it's a BSB (and an exceptional one at that), but Eiko has Hastega/Last Stand/Curaga Medica attached to her USB and synergises very well with....

Support
Quina! Quina is a Support character first and foremost, mage second. Her Frog Drop SSB grants +50% Atk to the party and using this in conjunction with Eiko's Guardian Mog means you're party is ready to go in terms of physical damage.

DPS
You have Orlandu's OSB and you have native +Atk buffs, so he fits well into this with Lifesiphon spam.

Beatrix is a fantastic character, Knight 5 is one of the best skillsets to have and she functions as a offhealer/covers Protectga or Shellga (whichever your healer doesn't have, but obviously don't put it on if the fight only requires to mitigate one type of damage).

Fill in another physical DPS and you're set.

Mages and mixed parties
If you're going to run Mages or mixed parties, you basically need to run a RW that has a Faithga (+30% Mag to the party). Mages require a bit more work as (unless they have access to Support 4), they need fairly high honed abilities to work. If you can, ignore the -ga spells and go directly to the -ja ones. Eventually, you'll work your way up to the Chain -ga spells (5* Black Magic) as your standard ability DPS for them.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Ugh, I feel like I should be able to take down Nemesis as I have all the necessary parts (I think) but I can't even come close. The best I've done is about 50%.

I have wall, Edge's last stand, multiple healer BSB's, Onion Knight's BSB, deployment tactics, etc., and I'm getting nowhere. >_> Even with running two healers, I can't keep up with the damage.

Taking a break from Nemesis though, I finally completed the CM for Mote Ifrit. I pulled both Rinoa and Edea's BSB's from the lucky draws so I destroyed him this time. Felt good to finally clear that mission from the list.

friz898

Edit: lol, it took me so long to type that up, that you've already got a wealth of information.

now..

magic&abilities
soo..
enlighten me!

PARTY
currently my party is

WEEKLY TASK

1. Magic: I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I'll try to answer what I think you're asking.

Generally you're going to have 2-3 melee. For me, I create one as a tank character focusing on defense. The second one I create as pure damage. The third I create as "filling holes" if I need a particular ability or something. Then usually 1 healer (later on you'll possibly need two healers for some content) and 1 or 2 black mage/summoner types. There is fights where you'll have all melee or all magic, but in general that is what I run.

For the abilities they use. As you've learned, they're all made and "honed" with orbs. You will never reach a point in this game where you have enough orbs. Even people playing for over a year need more Major (5star) Orbs.

When I first started I used almost all 3star abilities, and had a couple 1star abilities. Group Buffing: Protectga and Shellga are Group Buffs that is something like half damage from melee (Protect) and half damage from magic (Shell) I'm not sure if that's the correct percentage in -this- game, but it's a staple in all Final Fantasy games for the most part. I hope I'm not telling you stuff you already know.

Those are invaluable though because they are group buffs, and they last about 2-3 rounds (turns) depending on a few factors. You can google it to get exact info.

The lower-end version of the spells Protect/Shell are pretty much useless in my opinion. I created them, but even at the early stages, I never used them. I never wanted to waste a turn buffing 1 person of 5, or take 5 turns to buff everybody.

There isn't really a group haste, except for Soul Breaks. You'll get Record Materia (if you don't know what that is or something, just ask). where you can have party members start out with different buffs, such as haste.

Key Abilities off the top of my head:

You need all the breaks. Well except maybe Mind Break. It's a newer spell, I rarely use it or the higher version Breakdown.

Later on there will be 5star abilities such as Multibreak or Fullbreak which will debuff everything in one shot. Those are godsends when you reach that point.

Meteor and Ruinga are good for taking out multiple enemies. Flare or Comet or Holy are not as useful since they are single target. Holy (and Dia/Diara/Diaga) will get some use though as there are many holy-weakness enemies.

The spellblade spells are useful. Things like Element-Strike, to include Drain Strike.

I didn't find too many of the Monk abilities too useful besides Kick, but I still use them from time to time.

Dragoon abilities are very nice as well, only flaw is they are single target.

Ask more if I didn't help you any, again I wasn't sure quite what you meant.

Party: All the characters you mentioned are pretty useful at first glance. Out of that, it really depends on if you have a favorite character or final fantasy, or just a certain relic or something you would be dumb not to use.

I prefer Eiko over Vanille personally. But I also have like 5 soulbreaks for Eiko, plus I like that she can be a dancer if I need a stat debuff.

Cloud is useful. He's not the best, but almost all spellblades are pretty useful for damage since they can attack elemental weaknesses.

If you need a black mage or a Summoner, pretty much magic DPS, then the ones you are listed are fine too.

You will slowly get more than enough crystals and memory lodes. You'll get the majority through the events that come out every Thursday (with Hardmode update on Sundays)

Dungeon Farming?

My opinion of course, you're probably not in any shape to really farm any realm dungeons really. I mean, for those, you should just use your stamina to clear as many as you can, especially while they're "half price" I've been playing a year and a half, and this is the first time I can recall them ever being half-stamina. So that's about to end, and you'll definitely miss it.

Now, Daily Dungeons are there for exactly that -- to farm. Each day has different ones, and you should do them all right now just to get a mythril for completing one the first time. Right now mythril might seem abundant but that times is going to come to an end very soon. Also, as someone pointed out, on the 19th of this month, we're getting a pretty nice upgrade to the daily dungeons.

Last thing to say about abilities. I used mostly 3 star abilities for the first few months of the game. I didn't have enough orbs really for my 4star abilities to have more than 2 uses. Nowadays I'm pretty much only using 4 and 5 star abilities. But that takes a long time to get to that point.

You can skip a lot of the 1 and 2star abilities. You just may find you need certain things like Sleep or Silence to get you a perfect on a boss.

Hope this helps.

ultra7k

Ugh, I feel like I should be able to take down Nemesis as I have all the necessary parts (I think) but I can't even come close. The best I've done is about 50%.

I have wall, Edge's last stand, multiple healer BSB's, Onion Knight's BSB, deployment tactics, etc., and I'm getting nowhere. >_> Even with running two healers, I can't keep up with the damage.

Taking a break from Nemesis though, I finally completed the CM for Mote Ifrit. I pulled both Rinoa and Edea's BSB's from the lucky draws so I destroyed him this time. Felt good to finally clear that mission from the list.

Sounds like you have all the needed parts. Do you have native insta cast medica? This was key for me and I opted to have Vanille's BSB as my RW which my life saver on a couple occasions. Also don't be stingy with your SB bars, just use them when they pop, except for Last Stand, which you should save for the final form. Of course this requires native wall. Make sure you re-apply buffs and debuts when he enters his 2nd form, this is key.

I had Aerith's USB and used that immediately after the first boundless ultima, and kept her on heal duties, popping Vanille's BSB when it seemed somewhat dangerous.

Anustart

Was glad to see this tonberry fight in nightmare wasn't a dumb fucking puzzle boss. Or if it was, I stomped it regardless. Have to do it again tho, forgot interrupt.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Sounds like you have all the needed parts. Do you have native insta cast medica? This was key for me and I opted to have Vanille's BSB as my RW which my life saver on a couple occasions. Also don't be stingy with your SB bars, just use them when they pop, except for Last Stand, which you should save for the final form. Of course this requires native wall. Make sure you re-apply buffs and debuts when he enters his 2nd form, this is key.

I had Aerith's USB and used that immediately after the first boundless ultima, and kept her on heal duties, popping Vanille's BSB when it seemed somewhat dangerous.

I have Vanille's, Eiko's, Y'shtola's, and Aerith's BSB. So far I've been using:
  • Tyro - Wall
  • Vanille - BSB
  • Alphinaud - BSB & Deployment Tactics
  • Eiko - BSB
  • Onion Knight - BSB
  • Edge SSB - RW
The battle goes along the lines of protect, shell, wall up. Magic breakdown and full break on Nemesis.

Eat ultima, boundless ultima, use Vanille's BSB. Eat his AOE attack (forget the name, the one that slows and yes I have slow resist accessories on everyone) a bunch while trying to heal, boundless ultima, game over. I use OK BSB and deployment tactics in there but it doesn't matter as I can't overcome the damage; he's just too fast.

I think I need another stack of damage mitigation but I'm not sure how to get it. I have Cait Sith's Toy Soldier that lowers magic and Agrias' Cleansing Strike but I don't think I can really slot them in effectively.

Balphon

You're going to need to use both burst heal SBs before the second Boundless Ultima. One for the ultimas and another for the five attacks after that. I'd suggest using Eiko's first since that one is easier to time (start casting a second or so after his second null action at the start).

ultra7k

• Tyro - Wall
  • Vanille - BSB
  • Eiko - BSB
  • Onion Knight - BSB
  • Edge SSB - RW
The battle goes along the lines of protect, shell, wall up. Magic breakdown and full break on Nemesis.

Eat ultima, boundless ultima, use Vanille's BSB. Eat his AOE attack (forget the name, the one that slows and yes I have slow resist accessories on everyone) a bunch while trying to heal, boundless ultima, game over. I use OK BSB and deployment tactics in there but it doesn't matter as I can't overcome the damage; he's just too fast.

I think I need another stack of damage mitigation but I'm not sure how to get it. I have Cait Sith's Toy Soldier that lowers magic and Agrias' Cleansing Strike but I don't think I can really slot them in effectively.

Seems like we have a lot of the same stuff. This was my set up. Swap Snow/Aerith on my list for Edge/Vanille.

• Onion Knight - Wrath / Magic Breakdown (Knight's Charge) | Vessel of Fate / Blowback
  • Alphinaud - Bahamut / Protectga (Mako Might) | Deployment Tactics / Aerial Blast
  • Snow - Lifesiphon / Saint Cross (Lionheart) | Here We Go!
  • Tyro - Curaga / Fullbreak (Dr. Mog's Teachings) | Sentinel's Grimoire / Keeper's Tome
  • Aerith - Curaja / Shellga (Ace Striker) | Hidden Bloom
  • RW - Vanille BSB

If you have Edge's Last Stand, I'd suggest putting him in, instead of Eiko. Tyro can double as a secondary healer as needed.

Battle rounds set up is identical, get the buffs and debuts on - but with one key difference. Get Alphinaud to set up Deployment Tactics before the 1st ultimate cast as Nemesis' PHYS AOE attack can be mitigated after the Boundless Ultima. Eat the first Ultima, and cast insta-medica (RW) after the Boundless Ultima and watch him take major damage from the Boundless he just cast.

Don't forget to reapply de-buffs in the 2nd phase when he casts doom. Wall, Full Break, Pro/shellga etc. Also cast a Last Stand when you first have it as it can provide you with a safety net that might be the difference.

When in doubt of your health, pop the RW and proceed to heal away - it's likely not going to do you a whole lot of good in the 3rd phase when Nemesis hits for 99999 anyways.

If you do indeed have Edge's Last Stand, he can just defend most of the time or cast Phantasm to do about 5k dmg. It might be better to just let him soak up the hits in round 2 so that you have Last Stand good to go for the 3rd phase (likely 3 casts, but 2 minimum going into the 3rd phase), At the very least he'll do a lot more than my Snow who was hitting for 4k total while in Burst Mode, plus it's instant so that's a big plus.

After that it's just pure DPS so all hands on deck. If that fits, I hope it helps.

Inbachi

Neo Member
You're going to need to use both burst heal SBs before the second Boundless Ultima. One for the ultimas and another for the five attacks after that. I'd suggest using Eiko's first since that one is easier to time (start casting a second or so after his second null action at the start).

Seems like we have a lot of the same stuff. This was my set up. Swap Snow/Aerith on my list for Edge/Vanille.

*snip*

After that it's just pure DPS so all hands on deck. If that fits, I hope it helps.

Hey I really appreciate the replies and for taking the time to type that all up, ultra. I tried actually using Edge once before but since his skillset is so limited he didn't seem that useful. Basically just sit around and look dumb while waiting for his SB bar to fill up. Does Phantasm not count toward the ultima counterattack?

I'll try implementing your suggestions tomorrow and hopefully I can make some headway. Thanks again!

ultra7k

Hey I really appreciate the replies and for taking the time to type that all up, ultra. I tried actually using Edge once before but since his skillset is so limited he didn't seem that useful. Basically just sit around and look dumb while waiting for his SB bar to fill up. Does Phantasm not count toward the ultima counterattack?

I'll try implementing your suggestions tomorrow and hopefully I can make some headway. Thanks again!

Hey no problem, it's always more fun when we share stuff right?

Phantasm ignores RES and it's quick and non-elemental so it's a handy DPS so you could do Phantasm / Steal Power for extra debuff against his AOE PHYS, but that might be counter intuitive with Deployment tactics since you want him to hit you with it.

Once Nemesis' has been debuffed and you've been buffed, his counter ultima shouldn't be that strong so eating it shouldn't be that bad, plus you will likely have a healing BSB up and running at that point so it should be negligible - I wasn't too concerned with it and somewhat welcomed it for the extra DPS. FYI Phantasm probably counts against his counterattack thing, but I'm not sure what the limits are to that - and how you would bypass it unless you spammed Magic OSBs or something - which was not an option for me since I don't have any.

Hope that helps, and hope you can take Nemesis down.

Rubenov

• Tyro - Wall
  • Vanille - BSB
  • Eiko - BSB
  • Onion Knight - BSB
  • Edge SSB - RW

I would switch Edge for Eiko's USB as RW.... Eiko provides Instant last Stand as well, but with the added benefit of large heal to the party (and haste). That's better than phys blink.

Also, it's likely that just two casts of Last Stand won't cut it in the final phase (unless you're using Galuf's SSB, then you can do without Last Stand). I mastered it with a similar setup to yours, but had Relm's Last Stand BSB in place of Eiko (still used Eiko USB as RW) and had Vaan with his BSB for damage mitigation instead of Onion Knight.

Fantastic healer with exceptional Soul Breaks. Her USB in particular is one of the best medica's in Japan to date.

Only problem is that she's one of the few characters that still doesn't have her Record Sphere grid yet.

DeNA plz.

It's great. I used it for the first time yesterday and when you do it activate right away. Is this the same for all of USB?

She's a great healer with summon abilities. I use Vanille though. I have her BSB and it essentially breaks the game. It's so good.

I should have tried a pull in the Vanille USB banner. Don't know why I didn't.

Rubenov

It's great. I used it for the first time yesterday and when you do it activate right away. Is this the same for all of USB?

Only those that have "instant" or "instantly" on the description. The only other instant USB I can remember off the top of my head is Aerith's.

Pretty late to the party but I finally beat the notorious Ifrit Mote Dungeon CM. My FF8 synergy isn't even particularly good, but powercreep and five major/moderate fire resist accessories ruled the day. Thank you honed Chain Blizzaga and Snowspell Strike!

I'm getting burned out on this. Endless stamina refreshes, too much content. Fortunately, this anniversary thing is almost over, so that means less content.

I have no idea how to tackle this ultimate boss from the 20th before it closes. I have a lot of the skills people say are handy - a native Last Stand, Radiant Shield - but I just get smashed to pieces before I even get to 60% health, even with a party of fully buffed 99ers.

Anustart

Fucking god damn nothing I hate more than. These stupid fucking nightmare bosses.

I don't wanna waste so much time setting up, researching what the stupid fucking gimmick is, then having the gimmick just do completely different shit.

Nightmare valigarmanda in question.

Apparently he uses tri disaster when countdown reaches 0, OR at any time he feels like it because it can fire off whenever, even though I'm not using anything he counters.

It states the gluttorns run away if you defeat the sphere first or count reaches 0.

Or in my case, whenever they feel like it. Because none of the conditions above were met.

Hopefully the magicite shit isn't more of these lame ass puzzle bosses, because I fucking hate them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
^
Given how people have like maxed out OSBs and super honed summon magic, that's probably the only way they can deal with power creep.

Syntsui

^
Given how people have like maxed out OSBs and super honed summon magic, that's probably the only way they can deal with power creep.

Immunity to break + piercing attacks is enough to deal with current power creep. These puzzle fights are either incredibly smart or incredibly dumb. Valigarmanda is cancer.

Mknzy

Question for everybody. I'm looking to knock out the X Record fights here soon, but I'm a little worried. I can usually beat 160 bosses, though it isn't always easy. I have yet to beat an 180 boss. How are the 160 3 boss runs in this event? Are they each as strong as an individual 160 boss, or are they a little weaker than a normal 160 to make up for there being 3 of them?

Balphon

I don't think they're collectively any harder than a single 160 boss. The fact that they're in three stages is a little annoying though.

I can occasionally beat a 160 boss, but my first attempt at Ifrit-Biran/Yenke-gigases did not go well, partially due to hones lacking. I could really use some more MC3s...

ccbfan

Question for everybody. I'm looking to knock out the X Record fights here soon, but I'm a little worried. I can usually beat 160 bosses, though it isn't always easy. I have yet to beat an 180 boss. How are the 160 3 boss runs in this event? Are they each as strong as an individual 160 boss, or are they a little weaker than a normal 160 to make up for there being 3 of them?

The bosses are much easier. They're more like 3 120 bosses. Biggest issue is if you rw something essential(wall, boostga) Since there's 3 stages, you're not going to have rw for at least 1 stage. Even if you have them natives. Getting 3 up can be hard. I had to restart a few times because I couldn't charge wall fast enough.

Whew, I've been catching up the last couple of days and just had great runs of the 180/200 anniversary raid boss; I was a little worried from previous attempts and there were DEXTERITY ORBS in there so I wasn't gonna let them slide.

Now onto this X Record thing.

MrDaravon

I totally forgot this event was even happening, I thought a FF3 event was next.

100 gem pull got me Yuna's Chaos Rod, and while I know that item is a bit of a running joke on reddit as a trap item on banners, I'm actually pretty happy with it since my only FFX Medica has been HotF which is pretty outdated. So yay?

Caim

How does this beyond synergy work? Any collab realm or something?

Yeah pretty much.

Very rare though unless we start getting more.

Logress is finally getting an english version (which was also one of the first collab banners besides Secret of Mana) but that banner is also extremely outdated at this point.

I think this was the only one that didn't get a free x11 pull, JP didn't get it either.

LucaMac

Hopefully the magicite shit isn't more of these lame ass puzzle bosses, because I fucking hate them.

Magicite bosses are very straight forward fights. They just have insanely high stats and you get increased rewards for beating them quicker...I've only beaten one of them so far (Ice Magicite dungeon) but I've beaten it to a pulp repeatedly and have nearly finished farming all it's high level(3*) magicite now. They depend on you being really strong in a certain element. I have Terras OSB and USB and I run it with two burst healers, Krile for sheepsong and a support who wrath/entrusts terra.

Once you build up a strong base in one of the dungeons you can handle you can level up that magicite to help you take on the opposing element dungeon. I'm completing my Ice roster first before moving on. Further runs of the same dungeon become easier too as Ice magicite provide Ice resistance so you take less damage. My Ice defense is very good but I've to keep building my Ice offense, which unfortunately isn't dropping enough magicite for. Getting there.

Long story short, they are a very different and less painful challenge and it's all about building up against one to take on the next. Most people will have a strong arsenal in at least one element. Only one main damage dealer for that element is required however and it's actually easier to just support that one in dishing out the pain and survive than spreading the damage over your whole team...

...unless you've a ridiculously strong physical wind team like I do. Because Titan the earth boss is a shitehawk and casts stoneskin on himself repeatedly. Have clouds USB (aka gamebreaker) and it barely scratches him.

A few things to note however that may be painful to most. There is NO synergy whatsoever in the magicite dungeons and no RW is allowed. Also breaks/breakdowns are mostly pointless. They are 80% resisted. Hence why I turned my support into a SB battery.

Only just noticed the end date on the shadow lord was the same as the FFIX event. I thought it was longer for some reason.

That's a few more annoying battles I have to clear soon; Shadowlord (I've done easy and hard so far and hard was constant misstimings of overstikes...easy was as well but it that was carrying a level 50 player and the raid was only myself and them) and Kuja (I hear the reduce HP to 1 attacks and lag usually means you can't rely on instant heal medicas to save you...if that is the case sounds like another one of those MP battles that you spend ages on only to lose because of something 80% of the way in).

Speaking of multiplayer I swear I saw someone change abilities and I could see the ability change. Not being able to see gear/ability changes has been a global exclusive bug since launch.

A thing to note about the 160 difficulty Hall of * Omega boss rushes some of them are extremely fast. But like was said before they go down much quicker than usual 160 difficulty bosses but the medal conditions and there being 3 rounds for 2 RW casts being different to what is usually fought made them tough for me to the extent I found the 180 difficulty nemesis easier.

heya..
Started around one week ago..
should i "grind" levels to get the prism for the rewards of woff event or not worth it?
I'd gladly take the various memory lode and the lode for specific characters for starters..
As getting my "main" team to a max lvl 99 would *definitely* ease a lot of stuff..
Currently with my
65 quina (vanille bsb, quina bsb i think)
65 beatrix (random 5*)
65 orlandu (osb)
39 cloud (random 5*)
50 ashe (osb)
I'm struggling quite a bit with diffculty 80 stuff..

Also how much longer will the "half realm stamina cost" be ongoing?
I've got half a mind to try and push it as much as possible for dem mythril and stamina cap raise...

As usual any advice from expert players is welcome!

Syntsui

LOL, pull quick before they notice!

Edit: Oh, it's intended. WoF banner so trash they had to compensate with something proportional, only 5 anniversary banner could save that train wreck.

EDIT2 NOW I GOT MARIA MOTHERFUCKERS, THANK YOU DENA YOU BEAUTIFUL COMPANY.EVERYTHING REDEEMED!!1!!!!

Top Bottom