• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

WarAdept

Props to DeNA for keeping this a secret.

Complete WTF factor.

But why you gotta tempt me in Dark Orb refreshes so close to Squall BSB2 / Cloud USB.

They wanted more of that sweet, sweet Anniversary cash flow. I guess that means it was a success, which is reassuring.

I might do one 3 pull on one of the banners, but since I've already Mastered Nemesis, the need is gone. It would be purely want at this point, and most of what I'd still want from these banners comes back during the next fest too. Hmmm...

They didn't extend the shadow lord raid or the record missions (got three left). Some encore this is...

Curious question. I guess the 100 gem pulls were not reset? edit: Nope as technically these are the same banners so redeemed offers are still done etc...

I think it more that from the 10th-13th(?) the only event (aside from some more story dungeons) is going to be WoFF and it's 280 stamina (+multiplayer) in total.

Random tip. For the Behemoth in the WoFF event the revenge blast can be avoided with magic blink. edit: Like the RM of some characters you got from the event :p

friz898

What a wonderful Surprise this morning.

This is WoFF thing does nothing for me. Don't care about beyond synergy, and I didn't play WoFF. I only did up 90 difficulty last night, was going to finish today, but screw that, I'm doing more orbs.

Too bad they didn't reset 100gem pulls.

I have 60 mythril, maybe I will pull one more time.

I pulled on banners 1 and 4. Are we still of the consensus that Banner 4 is the best one?

Syntsui

People on Reddit declaring their love for DeNa for allowing them another chance to give them their money, this society is amazing.

Credo

Threw another 50 mythril at the phase 4 banner since it went back up and came away with Alphinaud's BSB (dupe), Yuna SSB (dupe), and Orlandeau's OSB. I'll take it!

Edit: changed phase 3 to phase 4

friz898

I threw more at Banner 3 and walked away with Alph Super (dupe) and OK's healing Super. Orlandeau's OSB will forever evade me.

Well I guess later I'll have time to look what's on every banner, but two of you folks threw more at Phase 3.

What's the main get there? Orlandeau OSB?

I have WoL and Sephiroth OSBs, a bunch of medicas, and about 15 BSBs.

Which is probably the best phase to spend 50 mythril on?

ultra7k

Did one last pull on Banner 1...

Onion Knight OSB
Sephiroth OSB
Arc SSB
Sephiroth Glove SSB x2

Probably my best pull ever. Wow. Really wanted Kain or Vaan's BSB but I'll take it even if the Sephiroth Gloves are going to be reforged.

Well I guess later I'll have time to look what's on every banner, but two of you folks threw more at Phase 3.

What's the main get there? Orlandeau OSB?

I have WoL and Sephiroth OSBs, a bunch of medicas, and about 15 BSBs.

Which is probably the best phase to spend 50 mythril on?

It was a typo on my end and on Credo's.It's actually banner 4. It's for Alph's BSB, Orlandeau's OSB, and Eiko's BSB. All three of those relics are very high tier items and make the game much easier.

friz898

It was a typo on my end and on Credo's.It's actually banner 4. It's for Alph's BSB, Orlandeau's OSB, and Eiko's BSB. All three of those relics are very high tier items and make the game much easier.

Oh, well I actually have Eiko BSB, and I think I have Alph's is that the Book of Wiyu or whatever? I generally use Alph for Deployment tactics though.

So perhaps banner 4 is not the right one for me.

Edit: and hey thank you for answering. I don't pull nearly as much as several of you, even with mythril, so I rely on you good people to tell me what's hot and what's not.

"Due to popular demand from our investors", yea sure! The biggest missed opportunity is not reopening 100 gems but they might not even be able to. Oh well, time to farm some Dark Orbs!

"Due to popular demand from our investors", yea sure! The biggest missed opportunity is not reopening 100 gems but they might not even be able to. Oh well, time to farm some Dark Orbs!
I think this. We only seem to get new banners added during maintenance (they are merely released when events occur) which I imagine is for a reason and these are essentially old banners re-released. Likewise, setting all 100 gem flags to 0 would be the kind of thing you would do during a maintenance.

Did a pull on banner 1 and got 6/11.

3 Arc Robes
1 Braska's Coat
1 Edges Jacket
1 Onion OSB

I was happy to see 6 but the 3 robes (which already were a dupe) kind of killed the excitement of the draw. I was hoping for Vaan BSB or at least any of the BSB.

I might be able to take on Nemesis now with Edge but I am working out of town and the internet here isn't good enough to do anything besides pulling in the FFRK app. Oh well.

as a new player...
i have
ashe osb
orlandu osb..
eiko usn
2 generic 5*
freya ssb
yuna ssb
vanille bsb
quina ssb

which banner i should pull out of those 5 anniversary one?
i'd be thrilled in using agrias (one of my favourite ff char) :L

advice gaf!
i can do 2x50 pull, but potentially i can farm mythril in the story map :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
heya..
Started around one week ago..
should i "grind" levels to get the prism for the rewards of woff event or not worth it?
I'd gladly take the various memory lode and the lode for specific characters for starters..
As getting my "main" team to a max lvl 99 would *definitely* ease a lot of stuff..
Currently with my
65 quina (vanille bsb, quina bsb i think)
65 beatrix (random 5*)
65 orlandu (osb)
39 cloud (random 5*)
50 ashe (osb)
I'm struggling quite a bit with diffculty 80 stuff..

Also how much longer will the "half realm stamina cost" be ongoing?
I've got half a mind to try and push it as much as possible for dem mythril and stamina cap raise...

As usual any advice from expert players is welcome!

For normal dungeons, Shout + Physical bursts can let you auto-win almost all fights except the weird ones like the ranged bosses and whatnot. (You could probably still use retameta, even if it's completely outdated by now. lol)

What you want to do is try to get a native Wall. It feels like most boss fights are basically designed for people to have both lots of breaks and lots of mitigation.

friz898

as a new player...
i have
ashe osb
orlandu osb..
eiko usn
2 generic 5*
freya ssb
yuna ssb
vanille bsb
quina ssb

advice gaf!

To add-on the above poster, you may not fully speak the language of FFRK yet since you are pretty new. So if I tell you anything you already know, then my bad. I'm just going to explain a little bit what all his fancy (lol) words mean.

Retameta or whatever, use to be the way a lot of people would beat content using the Retaliate skill. As he said, it's not used nearly as much anymore, I never personally used it, so I'm not up to speed on the ideal setup for that.

This game, as you get in higher difficulties, is going to expect you to have what we all call 3-5 layers of mitigation, in other words.

1. Break or Breakdown (like Power Break) -- Breakdown being the 4star and much better version. They don't stack or anything. Or also the Dancer versions.
2. MultiBreak or FullBreak -- Does most all stats at same time, stacks with the breaks/breakdowns, but they are 5star, and I personally didn't have them until much further along in the game.
3. Shellga/Protectga - These stack as well, or can use the Bard versions.

4. Soulbreaks that have stat buffs or debuffs. This is where it gets tricky. So that will require a little google on your part or more questions here.

Bonus: People refer to Tyro's SG and Yshotola's similar Soulbreak as "Wall" they both do the same thing and raise your defense and resistance "a very large amount".

Many fights coming up, will somewhat expect that you are using Shell/Prot, "Wall", and Break/Breadown all stacked on top of each other.

Also, Shout if you didn't know, is Ramza's popular Soul Break. Raises everybodys attack a godly amount. The idea here if using pretty much all melee characters with 1 healer or some such.

mTDCGLX.gif

Why you do this Dena?

Wow playing this game off and on for a year, and I just realized I never changed my shared unit from Tyro who I never leveled past like 50.....bahaha sheesh.

To add-on the above poster, you may not fully speak the language of FFRK yet since you are pretty new. So if I tell you anything you already know, then my bad. I'm just going to explain a little bit what all his fancy (lol) words mean.

Retameta or whatever, use to be the way a lot of people would beat content using the Retaliate skill. As he said, it's not used nearly as much anymore, I never personally used it, so I'm not up to speed on the ideal setup for that.

This game, as you get in higher difficulties, is going to expect you to have what we all call 3-5 layers of mitigation, in other words.

1. Break or Breakdown (like Power Break) -- Breakdown being the 4star and much better version. They don't stack or anything. Or also the Dancer versions.
2. MultiBreak or FullBreak -- Does most all stats at same time, stacks with the breaks/breakdowns, but they are 5star, and I personally didn't have them until much further along in the game.
3. Shellga/Protectga - These stack as well, or can use the Bard versions.

4. Soulbreaks that have stat buffs or debuffs. This is where it gets tricky. So that will require a little google on your part or more questions here.

Bonus: People refer to Tyro's SG and Yshotola's similar Soulbreak as "Wall" they both do the same thing and raise your defense and resistance "a very large amount".

Many fights coming up, will somewhat expect that you are using Shell/Prot, "Wall", and Break/Breadown all stacked on top of each other.

Also, Shout if you didn't know, is Ramza's popular Soul Break. Raises everybodys attack a godly amount. The idea here if using pretty much all melee characters with 1 healer or some such.
so uhm any banner of those 5 i should pull ultimately?
and I assume then that i have to switch back in tyro and kick say, cloud?

friz898

Wow playing this game off and on for a year, and I just realized I never changed my shared unit from Tyro who I never leveled past like 50.....bahaha sheesh.

For a while there I was changing it to match the events, but it doesn't really matter and 200gil is like pointless anyway.

Now I just leave Warrior of Light with his OSB and holy gear on and get about 2-3 hits a day.

scy

advice gaf!

I imagine most people will suggest Banner 3? As far as potential game changing relics are concerned, it's probably Banner 3 > 4 > 1 > 2 > 5 for you?

Banner 3 has Refia BSB as another great physical one to have now and for future use, Raines BSB will allow you to start going down the mage meta path (and works well by himself), and you have a shot at Krile's SSB for a Mage Shout; Relm BSB is great but you already have Vanille's, which is another fairly big mage group BSB to have, and Exdeath's BSB is a solid tank-mage option.

Banner 4 risks Orlandeau OSB dupe but it's also a great weapon so a dupe isn't the worst ever (though Ashe OSB is less good but still okay) and there's still prizes to be had in Agrias OSB+BSB and Alphinaud BSB+SSB; plus, getting Eiko BSB to go with her USB gives you the best healer for a physical group as well and Ramza's +Crit Damage Chant SSB is great now and later.

Banner 1 is mostly a Vaan BSB chase with some other good-but-not-gamechanging relics. Well, maybe Maria BSB too.

I'm bad at advice and decisions but basically:
Do you want a mage group -> Banner 3 to try and get Raines BSB + Krile SSB (or plan to save for OK BSB in the FF3 event coming up, which I'd suggest maybe trying for regardless of your pulls).
Aiming to run: Raines + Ashe + Krile + Vanille + Support (ideally OK BSB which frees Krile up for any other mage you happen to pull relics for).

Do you want a physical group -> Banner 4 to try and get Agrias relics and Eiko BSB.
Aiming to run: Orlandeau + Agrias + Eiko + Quina + flexslot (ideally DPS/support; OK BSB mentioned above fits really well still here!).

I mean, if you have Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire SB then probably? He'll fit as a good support (aka, Full Break + Power|Magic Breakdown) user and Wall is great to have for the time being. If you don't have it then he's not really going to stand out over anyone you have a relic for.

friz898

so uhm any banner of those 5 i should pull ultimately?

I didn't start paying as much attention to planning my groups based on what relics I had until this last week.

For the majority of my time playing, I spent all my time leveling up every single character and just using the character from that realm to beat said realm. It worked pretty well for me, but now switching to a setup that has (for example) Holy buffs, debuffs, and attacks even if not from the realm I'm doing, when the boss has a Holy weakness, has become easier for me.

In other words, I know what all the relics are, but I don't pay too too much attention to what is on each banner, and ever chase a relic. I'm not the right person to answer which banner to pull on. I asked similar in here today as well. I'm just more helpful in explaining mechanics or strategies etc.

Tyro, in my opinion is good for filling any holes you have. Also, if you get his Wall Soulbreak, then that makes him even better. But I rarely-ever use Tyro myself. If I do need a wall, I just select him (or her) for my Roaming Warrior Soulbreak.

Cloud and Tyro are apples and oranges. Cloud is good for dealing damage and is a pretty decent spellblade if you need elemental damage done. Tyro can do everything in the game, but his stats are not very good. Again, Tyro is mostly just used to fill a whole in your lineup or if you have his Wall soulbreak.

Thinking about using my two available multi pulls for banner 5 for Eiko's OSB. I don't have anything with last stand at the moment. If not that then I am just gonna throw two more at banner 4 for Orlandu OSB because it's fucking Orlandu. So how important is last stand?

Syntsui

Thinking about using my two available multi pulls for banner 5 for Eiko's OSB. I don't have anything with last stand at the moment. If not that then I am just gonna throw two more at banner 4 for Orlandu OSB because it's fucking Orlandu. So how important is last stand?

Very important, and Eiko is one of the best sources of it. You could also consider pulling on P3 as it has Relm's BSB, which is IMO the best BSB in the game and has Last Stand.

Very important, and Eiko is one of the best sources of it. You could also consider pulling on P3 as it has Relm's BSB, which is IMO the best BSB in the game and has Last Stand.

My only problem with 3 is I have literally every other banner relic. I was pulling for Relm/Raines/Gilgamesh and in the process pulled everything on it except Relm. :(. P5 I have 0 of the Relics. So while I don't mind dupes since I can combine them...I don't really want to come away with NOTHING new.

Syntsui

My only problem with 3 is I have literally every other banner relic. I was pulling for Relm/Raines/Gilgamesh and in the process pulled everything on it except Relm. :(. P5 I have 0 of the Relics. So while I don't mind dupes since I can combine them...I don't really want to come away with NOTHING new.

P5 is decent all around with some fantastic relics and some mehhhh ones, but as you have nothing, go for it.

Mknzy

Decided to make a pull on banner 5 as I had wanted to pull, but didn't get the mithril in time. Got Eiko's USB! Thrilled to get it.

Balphon

Remind me never to pull on a banner with Sabin's Armlet on it again.

At least I got Gilgamesh's OSB out of the deal this time.

friz898

Leveling up with Reynn and Lann with this orbfest.

Reynn's RM1 is sorta interesting. Start battle with Magic Blink.

Not sure how much I'll actually use it, but that's pretty strong for a Lvl 50 RM.

Edit: Lann's is nothing special. Begin battle with Regen.

Re-pulled on some of the redux banners and wound up with Minfilia SSB, Zell SSB, Quistis BSB, Ashe OSB, and Yuna BSB.

Do Tyro USB and Kain BSB from banner 1 recur ever? I have half a mind to pull on that one again even though I have like everything else on the banner already.

Balphon

Re-pulled on some of the redux banners and wound up with Minfilia SSB, Zell SSB, Quistis BSB, Ashe OSB, and Yuna BSB.

Do Tyro USB and Kain BSB from banner 1 recur ever? I have half a mind to pull on that one again even though I have like everything else on the banner already.

Tyro's could show up in a festival banner again.

Kain's BSB is on Ceodore 1 with his OSB.

Top Bottom