• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Ahnez

Another banner 4 pull bc why not

Agrias Burst, another Onion staff and Orlandeau OSB

My FFT synergy is getting so strong lol

The Kuja raid apocalypse is rough.

Finally got it down, the ultima/ ultimate flare star combo is super rough to time, even with multiple healers and AOE curaja bursts

Negator

The Kuja raid apocalypse is rough.

Finally got it down, the ultima/ ultimate flare star combo is super rough to time, even with multiple healers and AOE curaja bursts

I had a coordinated discord group and we had to resort to 3 healers to clear, and we just barely survived too.

did one pull on 4 and one on 3..

banner four
agrias osb
yuna chaos rod (dupe)
alpinaud evoker's doubled (ssb)
alpinaud evoker's doubled (ssb) (yeah dupe in the same pull)

banner three
cid metamorphosis claws (bsb)
laguna siriius (ssb)
sabin sabin's armlet (ssb)

could have gone worse...

Kill me. Another pull on 1 and 4, four dupes, but at least I have three more yellow relics, right? Two being robes... will pull on lucky draw and xi next.

Do I burn mythril to level my team of five- 3 mc3s and the two noobs-, or do I just use regular stam? Alternating black and summons dungeons. Hmm decisions.

evangd007

Beware Android users: I updated my Android OS and now RK has a few visual and audio glitches. Nothing game-breaking, but certainly noticeable and annoying.

Balphon

Kill me. Another pull on 1 and 4, four dupes, but at least I have three more yellow relics, right? Two being robes... will pull on lucky draw and xi next.

Do I burn mythril to level my team of five- 3 mc3s and the two noobs-, or do I just use regular stam? Alternating black and summons dungeons. Hmm decisions.

Probably not worth spending mythril if you mainly want exp.

You can have the 80's go through it solo one at a time if you want maximum efficiency.

friz898

Thanks to Orbfest, Reynn and Lann are both 80. Tyro and Lenna now 99.

You guys done d140 on WoFF? I don't need it since we can get the MC3 from the "store" but that Counterstance stuff was giving me fits. I ultimately said screw it.

Thanks to Orbfest, Reynn and Lann are both 80. Tyro and Lenna now 99.

You guys done d140 on WoFF? I don't need it since we can get the MC3 from the "store" but that Counterstance stuff was giving me fits. I ultimately said screw it.

It's pretty easy, just... don't attack him during counter stance! :) entire event was a bit of a walkover to be honest.

I got a notification on my phone about 3rd year kickoff login bonus, but i logged in and don't have anything. It's not talking about the extended anniversary banners is it?

friz898

It's pretty easy, just... don't attack him during counter stance! :) entire event was a bit of a walkover to be honest.

Well I feel stupid, but I tried that. You know, like the Gogo/Mimic fight.

But when I tried that. It never said he was "done with counterstance" and he just did Heave and maybe something else.

Then I was like "ok, maybe as soon as he does something else he's out of stance, and I attacked, nope, counter-meteor"

So again, I feel pretty dumb, but what am I missing here? I had one fight where I pretty much never attacked waiting for a sign that he was done with countering, and that didn't work either.

Edit: So basically after 4 tries and never "getting it" I just pretty much assumed I was too dumb for this fight. I came here to see if anybody else commented on it, but nope.

scy

The glow changes when he's done (usually two turns after activating it). I want to say he always exits it with Tail?

Either way, I did it by bringing summons / Alphinaud with his BSB since they don't trigger counters. Figured that was easier than hoping he didn't randomly enter Counter stance when I was issuing commands.

Still haven't been able to beat Nemesis. Any suggestions for party setup?

FFRK Central Profile
Tyro, Vaan, Minfilia, Eiko, Relm
RW: Deployment Tactics

You could also swap in Onion Knight for Minfilia if you feel Relm & Eiko's Last Stand support is enough.

Vaan uses support or thief to fill gauge then his BSB, Tyro uses Wall, then BSB (use Wrath to keep his meter up), Minfilia uses Wrath to keep Last Stand going, and helps with support, Eiko and Relm heal. Use Eiko's USB as your initial heal after Nemesis' first three back to back moves. She'll need to defend first so she won't die, or you can pop her USB right after the second attack. Extra DPS comes from the Deployment Tactics RW. If you use Onion Knight, use his BSB, then spam his magic BSB command, refreshing BSB when necessary.

So Banner 5 was the only one that had a lot that I would've liked to get..

..and then I pulled TWO JAVELINS (and I already have two Platinum Swords).

I'm thinking about dropping another pull or two thanks to the encore, hmm.

WarAdept

I wasn't planning on doing any mithril refreshes on this Orbfest due to how close the daily dungeon revamp was...

...then this stupid 2nd Anni Encore happened. RIP 25 mithril.

At least I got quite a bit of what I wanted (Dark Orbs). Because they're in stupid demand compared to everything else right now for older players.

P1p251P.jpg

12/51. Incoming White Mage Robes dupes.

falk.jpg

The Dark Mage meta quest continues as i scrambled enough for one last pull on Banner 3:

nEJObbtl.jpg

*Victory Fanfare*

As i have Kuja's BSB also, thinking of running these two together along with ExDeath (i believe his SSB2 stacks with Raines BSB boostga. He can also off/heal or carry Pro/ShellGa). Onion Knight for Support/Haste and then some sort of Medica (got Relm and Aerith BSBs).

MrDaravon

I wasn't planning on doing any mithril refreshes on this Orbfest due to how close the daily dungeon revamp was...

...then this stupid 2nd Anni Encore happened. RIP 25 mithril.

At least I got quite a bit of what I wanted (Dark Orbs). Because they're in stupid demand compared to everything else right now for older players.

12/51. Incoming White Mage Robes dupes.

falk.jpg

10/51, I have somewhat high hopes for this that I'm sure will be dashed (also expecting White Mage Robe dupes). I'm so wiped out on mythril from doing another pull on Banner 4 where I got fucked again that I'll probably have to do a gem pull on the LD banner which I'm not thrilled about. I mean yeah I could probably build up enough mythril before it goes away but what fun is that? FFXI pull is definitely off the table for me though, not dropping $30 for a pull.

Edit: I think I'm giving up on the Kuja and Shadowlord raids, I've been trying both of them off and on for a goddamn week and cannot get them done with randoms. Also IMO they've made 4* motes WAY too rare, even if I was easily getting them on every raid I still wouldn't even be able to come remotely close to full diving all the people I want to so at this point I kind of don't care.

Ugh just made my party lose shadowlord apocalypse because I forgot Shout meant my OK had higher ATK than MAG meaning I went and did no damage with sword and spell instead of netting the killing blow. Feels bad :( Especially with how long it took to get a full party...

Sure the other guys doing the same, Y'shtola not refreshing wall and counters played their part too...

friz898

The glow changes when he's done (usually two turns after activating it). I want to say he always exits it with Tail?

Either way, I did it by bringing summons / Alphinaud with his BSB since they don't trigger counters. Figured that was easier than hoping he didn't randomly enter Counter stance when I was issuing commands.

I hadn't even considered summons. I beat it first try with all Summoners. Thanks!

18/51

The real problem is that I have the following already fully evolved:
III
Break blade- all 3 from one goofy pull
White mage robe
Eternal staff
Xiv
Evokers doublet
Holy shield

So I'm obviously going to pull. 1/11 robe which has been my luck since the festival began, pretty much.

Shadow Lord down. I used:
OK - Burst + Overstrike. Various abilities but successful run was Power and magic breakdown. Burst isn't there for always being able to do damage no matter the phase (btw breaks etc still work in physical immune phase as immunity only affects damage...still have to eat a counter); the key to Shadow Lord is overstrikes are the workhorses and everyone else supports those. He had Blood Sword for good atk and mag so sword and spell was magic based...unless shout appeared *glare*
Terra - en-fire SSB, OSB. Faith and Wrath. Worth noting I saw many support who only bought full break or a breakdown...like do they know these stack...wait where was I...right so these support characters would bring lifesiphon meaning counter attacks when they could have just used wrath...

Whenever I tried using different teams things would go really bad. I tried Vanille I would end up in no wall parties and vanille would be mobbed :(

The winning team had another onion knight (burst and supers only used burst) with full break and phantasm (nice), two thunder god cids though one of whom must have had a broken sword (or not equipped +element gear) as their Thunder God did less than half the other Cids, a tyro, a Yshtola and a Vanille. So pretty typical stuff.

We had an amusing moment where other OK used swiftspell and managed to knock shadow lord out of physical immune phase...right before Terra's overstrike hit. Then when physical immune phase came back Terra had her burst ready to go and...Ultimate Kick Back. I used the "I've been waiting" stamp when I finally got to use the bloody thing. Also the shadow lord ended on physical immune with about 2% health. OK tried phantasm and didn't quite make it so I did a nice overkill with the overstrike. I do hate how the battle just ends. Not explosions or anything interesting :(

From what I remember I wasn't quite doing enough with Terra's overstrike to make it switch phases so sword and spell proved pretty useful.

So now my smallest pile of 4* motes is still my smallest pile of 4* motes...

scy

Exdeath's SSB (Enuo's Scourge, the one on Anniversary banners) is +MAG/RES. Rafa's BSB coming up on the FFT banner is +MAG/RES as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh lame, half stamina ran out. :(

I wish they just kept that going forever...

Chain spells. You want different mag boosters. Mag, Att-Mag(OK BSB), Mag-Mnd(Serah SSB) for instance. Dunno if there's a Mag-Def or Mag-Res...probably.
That's basically only viable for the single stage boss fights right? Because you'd run out of uses during the normal dungeon battles?

4/11

Arc's ssb (dupe now a reforged 8+++)
Papalymo's ssb leylines (dupe)
Yda's ssb
Refia's bsb

Whats good about refia's burst that made it something to whale for?

MrDaravon

1/11 Wizard's Gloves

Not a dupe, and it's not awful but it would have been a ways down on my want list for this banner. Think I'm done pulling for a goooood long while with the game; my last ~150 mythril + $10 got me 2 dupes + 2 so-so relics. I had pretty good luck for most of anniversary but then I did one last pull on it that I shouldn't have, then when the banners came back unexpectedly I got fucked, and now this. I'll still do Lucky Draws and 100-gem pulls, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a pretty bad taste in my mouth, anniversary ended on a real bad note for me :/. I'll probably just hoard until Extreme Fest, maaaaybe dropping a pull on FF12 in hopes of a medica on the first banner or on FF4 as I have about nothing there for physical DPS.

2/11
Dupe hancred gauntlets, which I got the last dungeon banner as well
Gabranth bob! Imperil dark yes please. I probably have 10 en dark or dark element ssbs and bsbs, magic and physical, so I'm thrilled.

Top Bottom