• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Got a shit week-end to finish with a shit LD pull, then spent a bit of money in FE and got even more shit. Real life streak of shit following a shit 2nd anniversary. All is well! :)

evangd007

Lucky Draw: 2/11 Vaan BSB (dupe) and Y'shtola BSB

Nice pickup, but I'll probably stick with Vanille's BSB as my healer for most content.

Credo

5/11

Got Yda's BSB, Larsa's SSB, Refia's SSB, Balthier's SSB gun, and Balthier's SSB armor

Most I've ever gotten in one pull. Wish I had that amount of luck on the anniversary banners, but I'm glad to get something out of this.

Kenai

Blah, I knew I would regret pulling since I had such good luck during the fest (2 BSBs and an OSB from $1 pulls alone, even if some were from the corresponding FFVI event).

2/11 Larsa's Pro/Shell/Barrier and Basch MBlink Sword (dupe). But oh well.

scy

Boo. Didn't beat Apoc Kuja. Forgot about it until too late since I had gotten the other fights done. Oh well.

2/11 on the draw - Alphinaud SSB (3rd in a week, neat), Fran BSB(!)

1/11, Eternal Staff. This game loves giving me Onion relics (BSB Gloves, 2x SSB Sword and now his SSB Staff).

While I doubt I'll use the SSB itself much (although a 40% Medica on a Wrather CAN be useful), I'm happy to get +10 MAG to boost my BSB CMD 2 spam damage a tad bit higher. It was one of the few Banner 5 relics I didn't have that I wanted, but I used my B5 mythril towards another failed B4 pull instead. It is also the only mage weapon I have for III.

I think I'm going to crush the CoD event. Decked out Onion + BSB Luneth + Insta-Medica Arc + Boostga Desch ... ^__^

Well while the anniversary fest banners have been a bit odd (for most I did 2 pulls and second pull would contain dupes of the first pull and some of the stuff isn't even worth using as a stat stick in realm in that combined state *cough* Sabin's Wristband *cough*) I was expecting bad things from this DU lucky draw.

4/11. Three FFXII Bursts; Balthier, Ashe and Fran (!) and some +wind (!) dagger (!) for XIV.

Now for this DU. Apparently Japan started getting half stamina to coincide with the DU starting from the next DU and the cheapest path to 5 shards for me right now is 339 stamina and the shard after isn't much cheaper either. Most the shards are in the FFIII portion which you need to complete the FFXII and FFXIV portions to unlock.

Updated my RW gear

Shout with 335 Mind now lol

Every 20 MND is +1 second, right?
40 mind. Also the seconds only affects the haste part not the buff so some people like it around 200 so they know when shout has worn off.

I JUST GOT ONION GAUNTLETS ON THE HALF PRICE BANNER.
Great stuff. If you've not got Onion motes I think the FFIII event coming soon can sort you out there in case you don't like a tough mote dungeon...well maybe I found it tough because I did it Cid mission with native Luneth burst and RW Luneth burst (Arc was the savior with his SSBs).

MrDaravon

Man I'm still fucking bitter about my last few pulls lol

When do the Torment Dungeons roll around again? I was putting them off until after Anniversary pulls, and I don't know that I pulled anything there that will specifically help me with them but I should probably get them done. I don't think I can touch the CM on most of them though.

Torment FFT in 2 days.

Raise your Saintly Excaliburs everyone!

I don't have any Orlandu relics.

what is torment fft? :X
got orlandu and agrias osb, got orlandu close to second cap, and the last memory lode already available..
missing agrias still.. but you never know, I now have some hero souls lying around :O

gief more info!
though I doubt I can make a dent into it..
I can barely beat difficulty 100..
so i guess that anything past that is miles away from me :)

Anustart

what is torment fft? :X
got orlandu and agrias osb, got orlandu close to second cap, and the last memory lode already available..
missing agrias still.. but you never know, I now have some hero souls lying around :O

gief more info!
though I doubt I can make a dent into it..
I can barely beat difficulty 100..
so i guess that anything past that is miles away from me :)

Torment is difficulty 200 and 250. Run through (no longer trash) mobs then tackle a boss that's no joke.

After the insane success I had during the anniversary, I don't think I'm ever going to pull on banners that aren't for celebrations. I'll just stockpile for months.

I've got enough OP relics atm to still complete all the content. It just also feels so good to get that delayed gratification payout of getting to pull on every banner.

Syntsui

Does any of you play the game on a OnePlus 3? I just got mine and I noticed a major touch detection innacuracy that only happens in this game.

All my touches are recorded a few centimeters below where I'm actually touching. It's playable but really annoying :(

Edit: Weird, it's gone now. I can play normally.

Edit2: It happens if I soft reset and is only gone after the battle is finished. Hmm

2/11 Penelo BSB and Onion Sword. eh
Penelo BSB is an interesting compliment to a mage party. Burst entry is party +mind/mag and since she has dances she can be your support.

Though you do have to note that this +mind/mag is +15% while Selphie's strange vision is +30% but Selphie's burst commands don't have a medica.

You're going to laugh at this, but it's the only fight in the actual game where Tiny Bee is useful.
Tiny Bee command 1 can also be used against the Shadow Lord regardless of phase...not that non-overstrikes should be relies on for damage in my opinion...

When doing the lower difficulties a player with Fujin with Tiny Bee and Fujin armed with Ninja magic would join rooms, get SBs off and leave to save stamina (unless it is coincidence they did that twice with me).

Also I think Yuna gets a legend materia that boosts magic with respect to mind so Tiny Bee becomes quite the stat stick. Speaking of stat stick I also used Tiny Bee while leveling up Rufus (I used him as white mage and it is the best mind gun I have).

evangd007

Does any of you play the game on a OnePlus 3? I just got mine and I noticed a major touch detection innacuracy that only happens in this game.

All my touches are recorded a few centimeters below where I'm actually touching. It's playable but really annoying :(

Edit2: It happens if I soft reset and is only gone after the battle is finished. Hmm

What version of Android does it have? I started getting this issue on my Galaxy S7 once I updated Android to 7.0.

friz898

It's exactly 7.0

Oh shit, so it's an android problem.

This isn't what you want to hear but my Nexus 6 got terrible with the 7.0 update. All of the sudden the stuttering was happening before every animation, and loading screens sometimes took way longer than I knew was needed.

I already had a busted speaker (hard to hear people if not connected to car) so it was what pushed me over the edge for a new phone.

I ended up getting an iphone 7 plus, and it's a lovely sight. So speedy. It runs all games just as well (if not better) than my Nvidia Shield Tablet did before the battery died on it.

I wasn't going to add to your thing, but since 7.0 got mentioned...it was the start of all my problems.

Shadow780

I think it's an Android bug, you can offset this by pressing the option button and go back to the game again it'll fix the alignment issue.

I have the same exact phone and latest firmware.

friz898

So Anyway guys, Good Mo...Good afternoon! Went to bed early yesterday and had a Job Interview this morning.

So my little FFRK update.

Finished up all the new dungeons. The last dungeon elite is d156, and it was actually pretty challenging (for a realm dungeon). It had 12 fights before you reach the boss. Curaja hones were pushed to the limit. Thank goodness for Bladeblitz to take care of the trash.

I guess next is 5, 10, and Tactics.

On my Half-Price pull, I did pretty good.

2/11, with Vaan's Overstrike, Ashe's Burst Coat, and a 4star that wasn't a dupe, so I took the 4star to7star right away. Rest was trash of course. Only about 25 mythril left.

Been just doing Orbfest dungeons.

I really ought to try more of the mote dungeons. I beat two of them pretty quick, but Ifrit got me discouraged.

Pejo

Woof, got back to 50 mythril and did another on Banner 3 trying to get the claws, went 1/11 only getting a dupe Laguna's gun. Then the lucky draw shows up and I have no mythril to pull with.

Ah well, I'm good for quite a while from the orbfest, I'm not even mad.

friz898

Woof, got back to 50 mythril and did another on Banner 3 trying to get the claws, went 1/11 only getting a dupe Laguna's gun. Then the lucky draw shows up and I have no mythril to pull with.

Ah well, I'm good for quite a while from the orbfest, I'm not even mad.

Claws? I'm not the best at following the new hotness on relics. You must mean something other than Zell's Burst weapon?

2/11 on lucky draw:
Orichalcum Dirk (Vaan BSB)
Augmented Ninja Tekko (Thancred SSB)

All new stuff. Vaan's BSB seems pretty good too.

Also did one final pull on fest banner 4:
Hamelin (Eiko Burst)
Saintly Excalibur (TGC OSB!!)

Had half the banner prior to doing another pull. Already had TGC's BSB, so now he's "complete" and ready to melt bosses :D. Eiko's burst was a nice bonus too.

friz898

2/11 on lucky draw:
Orichalcum Dirk (Vaan BSB)
Augmented Ninja Tekko (Thancred SSB)

All new stuff. Vaan's BSB seems pretty good too.

Also did one final pull on fest banner 4:
Hamelin (Eiko Burst)
Saintly Excalibur (TGC OSB!!)

Had half the banner prior to doing another pull. Already had TGC's BSB, so now he's "complete" and ready to melt bosses :D. Eiko's burst was a nice bonus too.

Ya the one thing I kinda wish I knew how they could improve is like for me, I have Alphinaud's BSB and his Deployment Tactics SSB, then I have Eiko with her Burst and 3 other soulbreaks. Then Vaan, I now have both his OSB and his Burst.

Of course different fights will benefit from different things, but it's a bit of a heartbreak to know if I use Vaan's burst, that there is a very good chance I won't get enough SB-juice for his OSB to help end the fight.

I don't do the S/L thing to build up bursts. Nothing against it, but I'm just too impatient for that.

I have 18/51. Yeah, probably gonna pass on that lucky draw.

I still want Agrias osb despite having 7/10 on banner 4. Only got 75 mythrils left. Maybe try my luck again for Cid's claws on banner 3. 3/10 there, ain't so bad.

What the hell. Decided to pull on the lucky draw anyway.

4/11 - Kaiser Knuckle (dupe)
Lilith Rod
Spairai
Holy Rod

Only 1 dupe, but I'm really stacked on FFXIV realms now.

Used my final 50 mythrils on banner 3. Wished I didn't after seeing the results. On the bright side, no dupes. Still disappointed though.
2/11 - Howling Soul
Fire Lash

Cid Raine's claws evade me again.

Top Bottom