• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions |OT2| Now on iPad, iPhone & PSPGo / Vita

aktham

Skilletor said:
There is slowdown in WotL on PSN.

There is no slowdown in the original PSX version on PSN.

How bad is the slowdown? I already beat the original (back when it came out) and would like the check out the new translation.

Hope this is okay to bump as it's only a couple of months old. Just wondering if anyone has tried this out on the 4S. I've thought about buying it as it's one of my favorite games, but I'm concerned about the framerate issues and all.

Hope this is okay to bump as it's only a couple of months old. Just wondering if anyone has tried this out on the 4S. I've thought about buying it as it's one of my favorite games, but I'm concerned about the framerate issues and all.

I don't think my battery would last long enough for the game. It dies fast enough already just doing regular everyday things

I don't think my battery would last long enough for the game. It dies fast enough already just doing regular everyday things

Mine's holding up pretty well so far. I got mine after the latest firmware update and after the whole battery hullabaloo, so maybe they fixed it. but I get times comparable or better than what I got with my 3GS, and I haven't found heavy playing of Infinity Blade to give me any problems.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It was not cancelled but it's currently MIA because they haven't said anything else about it.

the frame rate is great, I have been playing FFT on my 4s and I love it. The only issue I have had is the occasional crash, here and there, but normally the background autosave comes through for me so I am just waiting on an update from square. I have my reservations about square and their iOS games though, but that can be saved for another time.

the frame rate is great, I have been playing FFT on my 4s and I love it. The only issue I have had is the occasional crash, here and there, but normally the background autosave comes through for me so I am just waiting on an update from square. I have my reservations about square and their iOS games though, but that can be saved for another time.

I hear there's some pretty strong low-res fuzz, though. It won't be unbearable, I'm sure, but playing some games that aren't retina display optimized is still pretty glaring at times. Monster Dash, for instance, is showing its age.

What are your thoughts on that?

And what are your square ios game reservations?

I hear there's some pretty strong low-res fuzz, though. It won't be unbearable, I'm sure, but playing some games that aren't retina display optimized is still pretty glaring at times. Monster Dash, for instance, is showing its age.

What are your thoughts on that?

And what are your square ios game reservations?

Well as for the low-res fuzz, it isn't that bad, it looks fine to me, but my standards are not that high. I fell as though to have something like FFT in your pocket is awesome enough already. As far as my reservations about Square, I am just annoyed at how they have approached ios gaming, I mean to say that FFT was destined to be out one month after the iPhone version, and now three or four months later there is not so much as an inkling of a release date or even an update, which is a little bit of a disservice to their fan base. I have no problem with Square and the price point they put on their ios games, that is for them to decide and as a consumer we decide with our wallets if we are willing to pay. FFT is a great game, coincidently Square released an update to FFT this morning, claiming to fix the 4S crashing bug. Retina display is awesome, but I look at the Retina display, not Retina display deal as if the game is still good then who cares? If you enjoy playing it, you should just play it and if the developers want to update they will. I still kick around GeoDefense even though it lacks Retina.

RedSwirl

Okay, I'm still in the prologue, and is there any way to take Delita off of AI? My main problem with the PSP version was that in every, single, battle he would get his ass kicked two turns in.

Also, anything I can do to better optimize the iPhone version?

Nope. He will stay on AI, hence the "guest" character tag. My philosophy in the past has been to level up a bit and not worry about guests, since they can't turn to crystal.

Wait can you grind in the prologue?

Wait, it depends on your definition of the prologue. After you fight as cadets as Magic City Gariland, and you get to Igros Castle (These names might be wrong in the iOS version, I'm going off of the original names in my head), you can walk back and forth over Mandalia Plains and just grind.

If you're talking about before that (which is actually only two or three battles), then there's no way to.

RedSwirl

Wait, it depends on your definition of the prologue. After you fight as cadets as Magic City Gariland, and you get to Igros Castle (These names might be wrong in the iOS version, I'm going off of the original names in my head), you can walk back and forth over Mandalia Plains and just grind.

If you're talking about before that (which is actually only two or three battles), then there's no way to.

Yes I'm talking about the part where you are academy students. I couldn't get past the first few battles on the PSP because Delita's AI was horrible.

Osietra

Banned
Enter thread with fft ipenis throbbing excitedely. Wtf guys, seriously how long for the iPad release? Softly lobbing an underarm, I bet Square basically bit off more than they thought they could swallow. Which is why iPad fft will never happen.

EDarkness

Enter thread with fft ipenis throbbing excitedely. Wtf guys, seriously how long for the iPad release? Softly lobbing an underarm, I bet Square basically bit off more than they thought they could swallow. Which is why iPad fft will never happen.

Definitely. I wonder why the iPad version is taking so long. I figured it would have been released by now.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Rough, it doesnt scale nicely at all.

I had no problem with it. Beat the entire game on an iPad 2, which crashed a lot. Still, I made it through Midnight Deep and got all the chars, and Ultima. Thought the game played and looked fine, minus the crashes, which seem to be iPad 2 specific. My gf played on an iPad 1 without issue.

God, this game is fucking HARD. Can't even get past an early story battle, and I've grinded tons. ;-;
Seriously, you don't even need to grind in the game. You might want to play like 2 or so random battles at the start of the game. Unless you are trying to do like 100% of everything, you don't need to grind for the most part.

Measley

Any chance they'll ever make a sequel to tactics? I mean it obviously sales moderately well, since they keep re-releasing the game.

I think they could do some amazing stuff if they utilized the power of the PS3 or 360.

Or heck, just put the sequel on the Iphone/Ipad.

KtSlime

Any chance they'll ever make a sequel to tactics? I mean it obviously sales moderately well, since they keep re-releasing the game.

I think they could do some amazing stuff if they utilized the power of the PS3 or 360.

Or heck, just put the sequel on the Iphone/Ipad.

They made 5ish already. But it would be nice if they made another.

They made 5ish already. But it would be nice if they made another.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and A2 may be sequels by some definition, but they hardly capture the majority of the qualities that made me love Final Fantasy Tactics. They are more spinoffs than anything else, and hopefully a dead end that will not be revisited. The day that a true, serious, challenging, political epic followup to Final Fantasy Tactics is released will be a very happy day for me.

KtSlime

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and A2 may be sequels by some definition, but they hardly capture the majority of the qualities that made me love Final Fantasy Tactics. They are more spinoffs than anything else, and hopefully a dead end that will not be revisited. The day that a true, serious, challenging, political epic followup to Final Fantasy Tactics is released will be a very happy day for me.

I did use -ish... :lol I totally hear and agree with what you are saying, I just don't think SE will do it. I do have some hope for Tactics Ogre on iOS, someday.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
FFT was an all-star team of talent that has since gone their separate ways. We'll never see a real sequel.

Sorry to bump this thread, but it's better than starting a new one. I have never played FFT, and with picking up a Vita tomorrow, I was wondering what the better bet is: the PSP version or the iOS version? I have an ipod touch 4th gen, if that makes a difference.

Goli

Sorry to bump this thread, but it's better than starting a new one. I have never played FFT, and with picking up a Vita tomorrow, I was wondering what the better bet is: the PSP version or the iOS version? I have an ipod touch 4th gen, if that makes a difference.

iOS version.

Top Bottom