• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

four moves

Square: Attack
X and Triangle: Magic/Character unique skill
O: Defensive move. (block, cure or wall if you don't have a directional input) Dodge with directional input

Each character have unique skills, attack animations, movement speeds, defense, magic stats, hp etc. The only universal constant between them is defense and magic(this depends on their magic level though)

R1 is to lock onto an enemy. When an enemy dies you can harvest their phantoma(think drawing from FF8) to do damage to surrounding enemies and regain mp.

You can swap characters with <- and ->

Is this basically it?

I'm on the Chapter 3 mission and I've fucked myself so hard. I'm at the end and the only character I have left is that shitty Lancer.

I have a save beforehand but it only has 4 characters left. I'm gonna have to man mode this shit like crazy.

Korezo

Some of these bosses are retarded.. The fight in the elevator on chapter 3 I can't see shit with the camera and of course everything is a one shot kill.. lvl 22 mission with a lvl 46 boss at the end wtf.?.?

Certinty

Am liking the game and I read the reviews beforehand about the camera but bloody hell, it's even worse than I imagined.

Really wondering if I can play through the whole game like this or not.

Just finished my first run of the game.

Lots of mixed feelings. I felt totally overwhelmed at the beginning of the game, but as I got a better grasp of the battle system and the characters the combat became VERY satisfying. Even fighting through trash was great. The story, on the other hand, was very mundane with the occasional really great moment -- some of the visual narrative choices were great near the end of the game. I figure that I'd get a lot more out of the story if I replayed it a few times, but I really doubt I'll play through it again. I enjoyed it but, no matter how much they tried to shine it up, it still played and felt like a portable game -- in scope, mechanics, and presentation. That said, I'm happy it finally got localized and that I finally got to play it.

zennyzz

Is it safe to skip tasks and spend time by just talking? I really hate doing them and you can only pick up one at a time.

they're not particularly important. There are a few you may end up doing before you even accept them, and there are ones in towns you can do freely, but none of them are hard necessities.

Am liking the game and I read the reviews beforehand about the camera but bloody hell, it's even worse than I imagined.

Really wondering if I can play through the whole game like this or not.

It needs some sort of limiter or ability to change speed. I'm not put off by it, but it's a little but much.

Shahed

How many character's is everyone using? I have no idea which is my best team, but I'm using a mix of Ace, Queen, Rem, Deuce, Trey, Nine and Sice. Apart from always having at least one of Ace/Trey and Queen/Rem, I use whoever for the third spot and I'm pretty comfortable playing with them all bar Deuce. I feel like being Seven and Eight might be interesting as well, but it's just too many characters. Machina, Jack and the Mace girl (whatver 5 is) got relegated to no go quite quickly. Just far too slow and lumbering for my liking.

Is it safe to skip tasks and spend time by just talking? I really hate doing them and you can only pick up one at a time.

Yeah this is quite annoying. I've gotten quite used to the camera now so it's workable and the combat is getting better and better. But needing to go back to each person to pick up a quest after finishing one is just tedius. Especially the ones where you need to leave the city for 6 hours. There's other quests I can accept and finish there and then pretty much, but i can't because it'll cancel the one I'm already on. It's a bit stupid.

Just finished my first run of the game.

Lots of mixed feelings. I felt totally overwhelmed at the beginning of the game, but as I got a better grasp of the battle system and the characters the combat became VERY satisfying. Even fighting through trash was great. The story, on the other hand, was very mundane with the occasional really great moment -- some of the visual narrative choices were great near the end of the game. I figure that I'd get a lot more out of the story if I replayed it a few times, but I really doubt I'll play through it again. I enjoyed it but, no matter how much they tried to shine it up, it still played and felt like a portable game -- in scope, mechanics, and presentation. That said, I'm happy it finally got localized and that I finally got to play it.

New Game+ adds new missions and cutscenes in case there's some stuff you missed btw.

It also adds one scene that helps understand the ending a lot better (and the overall world of the game).

Yeah this is quite annoying. I've gotten quite used to the camera now so it's workable and the combat is getting better and better. But needing to go back to each person to pick up a quest after finishing one is just tedius. Especially the ones where you need to leave the city for 6 hours. There's other quests I can accept and finish there and then pretty much, but i can't because it'll cancel the one I'm already on. It's a bit stupid.

This was honestly my biggest complaint with the game. I hate that the game acts like it values our time by providing easy grinding options (being able to play through missions from the start menu) but then it just makes you waste time pointlessly running around the complex. I feel like it could have benefited a TON by having a shortcut system like in P3P or Persona 4 where you could just choose what location in the complex that you'd like to go to. I'd be so much more willing to complete sidequests if it didn't feel like the game was going out of its way to make things take longer.

New Game+ adds new missions and cutscenes in case there's some stuff you missed btw.

It also adds one scene that helps understand the ending a lot better (and the overall world of the game).

Thanks for letting me know! I was pretty adamant about completing extra stuff up until about Chapter 5/6 when I felt like finishing up the story. I figured that a lot of the higher leveled stuff would have to wait for a NG+ anyways. I might try to track down that extra scene.

Some of these bosses are retarded.. The fight in the elevator on chapter 3 I can't see shit with the camera and of course everything is a one shot kill.. lvl 22 mission with a lvl 46 boss at the end wtf.?.?

The boss keeps growing weaker each time you deal a break sight to him

Nose Master

So... is every mission like the first few? Walk into an empty room, fight 3-5 random guys, repeat?

I also can't believe the characters minus the two "main" characters are seriously named 1-12.

Korezo

The boss keeps growing weaker each time you deal a break sight to him

I found out you had to just dodge and run to the ally until he throws those machines at you giving you the chance to strike them and launch back to him, but I was too late and almost all my members died and then an op SP Toneberry came and wrecked him for me. Now I'm im the next fight with 3 weak members..

I found out you had to just dodge and run to the ally until he throws those machines at you giving you the chance to strike them and launch back to him, but I was too late and almost all my members died and then an op SP Toneberry came and wrecked him for me. Now I'm im the next fight with 3 weak members..

Yeah, the boss is not really that difficult once you understand his mechanics, the next fight is literally impossible

Mik317

The game is starting to click based off my last play session. I still think the range characters are the most fun (and potentially OP) so far

I hope Amazon Prime changes to Fed Ex sometime, UPS sucks. Still nothing at 5pm. :p

I ordered my copy on Saturday and it has been stuck in PA since Monday. Odd because it's stated that it was supposed to arrive Tuesday by 8 pm. Never had this issue before w/ UPS.

Frustrating because I have Prime and always have received my games on release dates.

Alright just finished my 2nd session of playing, which was from the first boss fight up until after the classroom introduction.

Feeling much better now haha. Being thrust into the action at the start left me feeling confused because I need a chance to get to grips with the battle system. But I'm pleased with the lore, the story, the dialogue, the NPCs etc. I mean an Ultima attack being analogous to a Nuclear Weapon is neat and the kind of nugget I appreciate in the mythos.

The camera was the big fear everyone had and unfortunately it's as scary as it looked. Don't know why it is so hard to have sorted this out, inexcusable that an AAA developer like this can't get a fundamental basic like this right. It's a shame because there will be people who will stop playing because of it, and the game doesn't deserve that.

Oh and it was nice to have the Eureka moment about the character names haha.

Just finished the first level. I feel dizzy..........

Great intro scene though.

God yes. So much blur.

Ah thank you!

God looking at how shitty the textures and environments look, its disgusting how great this game could have been optimized for the Vita, such a fucking shame. The Blur is annoying but, hasn't gotten me out just yet.

Qblivion

Am I missing something or is there no glossary of terms in this game's compendium? I'm still not sure what "Agito" means, or who/what all the other nations are.

zennyzz

Am I missing something or is there no glossary of terms in this game's compendium? I'm still not sure what "Agito" means, or who/what all the other nations are.

the library has a giant floating book. It covers most everything

Agito = Savior
L'cie = Avatars of the crystal, No will of their own, Human Nukes
Phantoma = Souls

Rubrum = Red Nation, specializes in magic, Vermillion Bird, Home of Class Zero, Dominion(think United Kingdom)
Milites = Empire, White Nation, specializes in magitek(read mecha), Main antagonists, White Tiger
Concordia = Blue Nation, Matriarchy, Kingdom, Tiny people, specializes in Blue Magic(monster taming), Blue Dragon
Lorica = Black Nation, Nuked, Home of Gilgamesh, Black Tortoise

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Might be unlocked later or during the second playthrough(supposedly someone mentioned a lot of codex stuff unlocks in NG+).

The pre-title intro FMV of the game does detail the four kingdoms and Agito though, if only at a very surface-level of explanation. Not really super detailed, but its a primer.

Edit: I guess I'll have to find that library book too from post above.

I died hardcore in that chapter 3 mission... Maybe time to go to cadet mode, or grind first.

Don't worry, everybody dies a lot in that mission, chapter 4 will be the big challenge if you want to know if you can do the rest of the game without lowering difficulty since it's basically a very long story mission

Top Bottom