• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Of course Amazon JP chooses NOW to go "your credit card company didn't authorize the purchase please call them". Then after "haha just kidding no problems but we're out of stock now"

I guess I can hold off on buying the ps4 until Bloodborne unless this actually ships by a decent date.

Jubern

Is there anyone picking up this in Japan today? I'm trying to find whether it has English text or not (not just voices).

I know some report from last September said it would, but it was from SCEA and Square-Enix doesn't have a very good track-record for English support for its remasters.
I could just go digital but I already went that way for the PSP version and want to go with physical this time around.

rybrad

The camera is literally making me nauseous so I can't play more than an hour or two at a time which is a real bummer. I hope they add some options in for tweaking it or this is going to be a real slog.

The music has been awesome though!

It seems like there is going to be a lot of micro managing with all the 12 characters. With weapons, accessories, abilities. Im concerned Ill be spending half the game managing ability points every 10 menutes.

Is this a valid concern? Or is it best to just focus on keeping your primary three characters up to date and fuck everyone else?

Puflwiz

Banned
Kinda ignorant to FF to be honest.. I've tried to play FF6, 7, 9 and 10 for the first time a year back. I put maybe about 15-20 hours in each and it none of them hooked me. I'm told that Type-0 is the best one in a long long time, but from what little I've seen it looks pretty different too. Can someone like, how do you say, explain this game to me? Like, what's different?

For reference, I do like JRPGs. Mostly Shin Megami Tensei games and the Mother series but still.

Jonnax

How difficult is officer? I don't want a game too easy but at the same time I don't want to get 90% through and stop because I can't get past a point.

kiryogi

Banned
So you're asking if it was a missed opportunity to use D-list voice actors instead of A-list voice actors?
Far from it. She might have missed it as lightning but her performance as Palutena was A+++

To be honest, I get the impression Squares Voice Acting Director sucks.

Far from it. She might have missed it as lightning but her performance as Palutena was A+++

That's my point. Of course it was a missed opportunity not to get her, or anyone of her caliber. Ali Hillis would very obviously be way better than whoever the amatuers are they got for this game. It would be even more distracting.

It's not just that the voice acting is awful, it's that the mixing is weird so the voices don't blend into the rest of the game's sound at all. It's unbelievably bad. This is supposed to be freaking FINAL FANTASY!

Cloudy

Banned
I've played 4 hours and I haven't even started the first mission yet. Just talked to everyone and read all the main character bios in the library. How do I add party members? I want to do the cemetery ? with Rem and Machina

PS: How do those names fit in with numbers/cards?

Jubern

Thanks. I've been looking for that info frantically all morning lol

Need to know whether or not I pick it up when I come home from work tonight.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is there anyone picking up this in Japan today? I'm trying to find whether it has English text or not (not just voices).

I know some report from last September said it would, but it was from SCEA and Square-Enix doesn't have a very good track-record for English support for its remasters.
I could just go digital but I already went that way for the PSP version and want to go with physical this time around.

Yeah I'm picking it up today after work. Considering that a LOT of PS4 games in japan have had English text, it wouldn't be entirely surprising, but I'm not banking on it.

Does anyone know why one would choose not to add everyone to reserves during a mission? I'm still early in the game, but so far it seems strictly better to add everyone.

Does anyone know why one would choose not to add everyone to reserves during a mission? I'm still early in the game, but so far it seems strictly better to add everyone.

Not every mission will let you use everyone and I think that you can get better rewards for going in with less people (don't quote me on this, I'm not sure).

And there's trophies related to that as well.

Is it generally worth earning SP vs having my class 0 members fight?

You will lose playable characters in the middle of battle as you can't play as the support characters.

Other than that, not really. Support is meant mostly as help for when you're doing high level missions and you're too weak (the Support characters will always be at the recommended level for that mission, so they will be able to fight better than you).

Geg

I'm about to go and do the first mission of chapter 2, but man the fact that it just throws all 14 characters at you at once is kind of overwhelming. It's hard to know who to test out and who to just keep using

It seems like there is going to be a lot of micro managing with all the 12 characters. With weapons, accessories, abilities. Im concerned Ill be spending half the game managing ability points every 10 menutes.

Is this a valid concern? Or is it best to just focus on keeping your primary three characters up to date and fuck everyone else?

Gonna second this question. Best to focus on 3 or spread the love to everyone? Or maybe it's somewhere in between?

I'm about to go and do the first mission of chapter 2, but man the fact that it just throws all 14 characters at you at once is kind of overwhelming. It's hard to know who to test out and who to just keep using

Once you unlock the arena I suggest go there and test out everyone and see which characters you like playing as best. Also a quick way to bang out some levels for under leveled characters.

Nose Master

Game is growing on me a bit. The battle system, anyways. Running around doing random quests is fun. The rest of it is still buttholes, though.

Training area in the academy is good for this.

Top Bottom