• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

ship it

the blur is one of the worst technical "on purpose" fx ever, rivaling SH collection.

it's borderline unplayable for me...pretty surprising the devs send it out like this.

Jabba

Banned
Literally, just got back from Best Buy. They had only two copies of the game left. I asked if they had more. Clerk said, what you see is what you get. Installing both the game and demo now. I'm rearing to go on both.

Jusoni

Rem is waifu-material. Also really liking the dagger gameplay with her, high attack speed makes it easier to hit those killsights.
What's with the reserves jumping in and out randomly during missions?

lewisgone

I won't lie, I wasn't enjoying myself in Chapter 1. The camera and obtuse tutorial system left me a little cold. But now I've been given some freedom in chapter 2 (after the first RTS segment) and everything's clicking.

Changed the lock on to only require a press of R1 and not a hold, and I'm using R2 and L2 to change targets which is making me stress less about the camera. Motion blur still isn't too nice but it's ok for me. Turned off support characters, they confused me and as far as I can tell just make you miss out on XP. More importantly, I got to explore the world map and this game is a lot more "Final Fantasy" than I thought. Sidequests, grinding...I enjoyed going to the towns and helping people, even if each town has no personality and the world map is barren. It's still a lot more enjoyable than I was finding it a few hours ago. Mechanics like the arena and the chocobo stables seem like they will be quite engaging later on.

I'm kind of glad I'm unable to access the XV demo in the UK yet, or I don't think I'd have given this as much of a chance. It's getting better.

Aeana

Currently playing with the dub right now, and what the hell with some of the voice miscastings. Like Queen or Cater (or was it Cinque?). Some are decent, then some are blatantly not befitting of the character. Cant believe I'm saying this, but the Japanese audio wasn't using highpitched actors in comparison. From both male and females, the JP audio used deeper voices for the most part.

Queen is Colette from Tales of Symphonia. :(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Listonosh

I know the guy in the Command HQ says there are very powerful rewards to getting lots of SPP. Do you know how useful these rewards are?

VERY. I got two SPP weapons for Sice and Seven, which added +43 Attack to each one, one had a Freeze effect and the other a Poison effect. So yeah.... Keep the Backup characters on. The SPP weapons are CRAZY good

I mentioned this earlier but nobody seemed to take notice. There was a cutscene on the Terrace of Akademia before you do the first mission, and I'm fairly certain
Lightning
was in the cutscene. I hope I'm not right, because that really makes me want to vommit if they actually did that.

CLBridges

>menu
>preferences
>options
>akademia back up: refuse

Ahh, thank you for this post. I'll admit I was not paying much attention for a bit in chapter 1 and then went to my first mission. I was confused as to why the party I selected started getting replaced lol. Now, I can go back and actually complete it with my selections.

Skilletor

I mentioned this earlier but nobody seemed to take notice. There was a cutscene on the Terrace of Akademia before you do the first mission, and I'm fairly certain
Lightning
was in the cutscene. I hope I'm not right, because that really makes me want to vommit if they actually did that.

That wasn't lightning. lol

Beth Cyra

Lightning
It's Seven, she and Lightning share a very, very similar design. However Seven is a much better character.

One thing I think I should mention since there've been some theories here that don't make sense: magic or summoning is not an L'Cie think in the Type-0 universe, L'Cie are essentially Dragon Ball characters in this game

Lightning

I think you confused Seven for Lightning, understandable since Seven looks like Lightning's missing sister

kiryogi

Banned
Queen is Colette from Tales of Symphonia. :(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

And in comparison JP Queen is Ami Koshimizu. GIANT DIFFERENCE. D:

From Type Zero wiki
PersonalityEdit
She is a wise and intelligent young woman, and virtuous to a fault. Her motives are as straightforward as the sword she bears against her enemies.

That doesn't equate to Colette voice/Heather Hogan!

Reveirg

Is there any point to exploring areas during missions?

I read something about missable summons and now I'm worried and exploring everythinf, it only seems to hurt my missions scores.

Saiyan-Rox

Has to be said i'm not digging this at all. I've no idea whats going on or what i'm doing lol

also what is it with all these games lately on the PS4 with nothing but blur over everything.

Are there supposed to be enemies in the overworld other than the Level 99 Horned Creatures?

Right now more people have the trophy to complete an overworld encounter than the trophy to complete chapter 2. Is my game glitched? Not a single overworld enemy in Rumrub.

NateDog

Are there supposed to be enemies in the overworld other than the Level 99 Horned Creatures?

Right now more people have the trophy to complete an overworld encounter than the trophy to complete chapter 2. Is my game glitched? Not a single overworld enemy in Rumrub.

A lot of the 99 level monsters on the overworld are easy to beat, wait for kill-sight.

zennyzz

Should be any random battle.

Korezo

How do you target treasure chests, in that sewer mission where enemies spawn is infinite I can't open the damn chest or target it.... I keep moving the right stick but it doesn't target.

zennyzz

How do you target treasure chests, in that sewer mission where enemies spawn is infinite I can't open the damn chest or target it.... I keep moving the right stick but it doesn't target.

just go up to it and there should be a prompt to open it.

I'm sorry, the fact that they actually have THE History channel announcer host is amazing lol

omg, are you serious? I suddenly don't mind the english narrator anymore =P

Oh, for the treasure chest, I know the one, it's total bs.

Basically lock on to the enemy, go next to the treasure chest, hold lock-on and press up on the D-Pad.

Doing that allows you to lock at the nearest thing, which will be the chest.

EVERY BODY SHOULD CHANGE THE LOCK ON OPTION TO TOGGLE INSTEAD OF HOLD!!

Seriously, it makes a huge difference, holding down the button had been a bit cumbersome, didn't think to see if there was an option, thanks zennyzz for the heads up.

you hold r1 to lock onto a body and then press square.

I personally use the tap r1 option and then swap between targets with l2/r2 rather than relying on the right analog stick. then when they're down you just automatically reap them with square.

zennyzz

I just beat Ch1 and I don't think understand the combat. Any tips or does it make more sense over time?

four moves

Square: Attack
X and Triangle: Magic/Character unique skill
O: Defensive move. (block, cure or wall if you don't have a directional input) Dodge with directional input

Each character have unique skills, attack animations, movement speeds, defense, magic stats, hp etc. The only universal constant between them is defense and magic(this depends on their magic level though)

R1 is to lock onto an enemy. When an enemy dies you can harvest their phantoma(think drawing from FF8) to do damage to surrounding enemies and regain mp.

You can swap characters with <- and ->

zennyzz

Kinda torn.

I'm not sure if I should bother with the emina execution/bikini quest. I rather like her and it's kinda meh if I see her in a bikini or not

Forgot to say - You got a lot of interesting information just to talk to npc after every mission. its bit oldschool yet refreshing. try it.

Game definitely looks like an upscaled PSP game, but I really like the gameplay. It has this really nice flow to it. What a shame SE held onto this from me for so long.

Edit: Prelude just kicked in and it will always sound amazing.

zennyzz

Forgot to say - You got a lot of interesting information just to talk to npc after every mission. its bit oldschool yet refreshing. try it.

it's pretty much where a lion's share of the info come from. Usually takes me about 8 hours to get to chapter 3 just because I'm talking with everyone.

Ken

four moves

Square: Attack
X and Triangle: Magic/Character unique skill
O: Defensive move. (block, cure or wall if you don't have a directional input) Dodge with directional input

Each character have unique skills, attack animations, movement speeds, defense, magic stats, hp etc. The only universal constant between them is defense and magic(this depends on their magic level though)

R1 is to lock onto an enemy. When an enemy dies you can harvest their phantoma(think drawing from FF8) to do damage to surrounding enemies and regain mp.

You can swap characters with <- and ->

I know what the buttons do but is there any synergy, combos, or depth with them that isn't immediately apparent? Like, I thought it was cool with the card guy to blink in and Blizz and then run away.

zennyzz

I know what the buttons do but is there any synergy, combos, or depth with them that isn't immediately apparent? Like, I thought it was cool with the card guy to blink in and Blizz and then run away.

each character has their unique traits, yeah. You're going to need to practice with them to figure them out however. I can't go into depth for each of them, so the best thing to do is to try out the arena when it becomes available to test out each PC to get a good grasp of how their skills work.

Top Bottom