• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Like the game so far but still getting used to the combat, wish i had an option to map the dodge button elsewhere though. And I thought people were exaggerating about how bad the camera is, it's pretty bad. Feels like the intensity is set too high and way too much motion blur.

Cloudy

Banned
It's... exactly the same. Except it occupies a significantly smaller fraction of your vision.

Remote play doesn't magically remove features from the engine.

Aforementioned smaller fraction of vision definitely helps with motion sickness though. Like massively.

My eyes are adjusting right now but the first night, vita was just much easier to play

I think it's the resolution that does it with the motion blur.

I actually now prefer to play the game on my lower resolution projector. The blur seems waaaaaay more manageable (and the game actually looks really great at this res).

Hmm, I might give it a go on on my Sony 3DTV using playstation tv tonight (720p instead of 1080p)

Oof, i had to abort at the end of mission 2, everyone was dead and that mech was one shotting me. I had no chance.
Oh and Jack was ridiculously powerful, wtf

I can only play this on my vita. The camera isnt nearly as bad on my eyes.

It also looks much better due to the smaller screen.

Also fuck you SE I'm playing type 0 on my vita.

DNAbro

The end of chapter 3, so good.
Everyone I had was dead minus one random katana dude I never use on the boss fight. Thank god the boss fight was gimmicky and not an actual fight. If the NPC developers didn't keep casting wall, that fight woulda been over about twenty minutes earlier, though. Yeesh. Good shit, though.

EDIT: Looool. I died on the l'cie cause the katana dude has garbage mobility, and still got the cutscene and victory over the mission cause they called a ceasefire. I'm hoping that was scripted and not just a "fail" path.

Pretty much what happened to me.

Man this game picked up quick. Ch 4 got real intense.

Korezo

How do you get "An army of one" trophy? I did a mission alone with no reserves or akedemia help did the same on the rts mode missions.

burgerdog

I'm guessing it's normal NOT having enough time to finish every ! and task in between missions? I just had two tasks that would have cut 12 hours from my time and after talking to everyone I only had two left.

Question: For the first few chapter are all the characters gonna level up to a certain point then stop leveling or are they gonna leveling at a slower pace. I ask because I seen a jump in levels of all the other characters that I haven't really played yet. Just finished the first mission of chapter 3

Question: For the first few chapter are all the characters gonna level up to a certain point then stop leveling or are they gonna leveling at a slower pace. I ask because I seen a jump in levels of all the other characters that I haven't really played yet. Just finished the first mission of chapter 3

That's probably because you took a class with Moglin and he gave you experience

Also, in case people's comments in here were not enough warning: good luck with the second mission

Nose Master

Pretty much what happened to me.

Man this game picked up quick. Ch 4 got real intense.

Yeah, it's finally getting good. The plot before Chapter 3 can (thankfully) be completely ignored. Not sure why they go in so heavy handed with that war politics dump in the beginning. Literally everything else going on with the plot is more interesting.

Speaking of, question about the whole... memory thing:
Is there a in-game dictionary entry I should have read explaining the whole phenomenon of forgetting that people existed once they're dead? Really intriguing plot point that they sort of glazed over in flavor text and a few throw away lines here and there.

Chapter 5/6 was great. Those chapters alone make wish for a current gen sequel. Give me bigger battles, more character development spread across all protags, and better item management.

I almost guarantee every issue I have with the game is PSP port related. Besides writing maybe, but there are interesting concepts still.

Hugstable

Banned
Who everyone's favorite character to play as currently? I really like playing with Seven sometimes, her whip is awesome, plus elemental whips is cool.

Machina is really fun to play with also for me, but he is alot slower. I also like Ace and Deuce can be fun when you just feel like playing the flute while enemies just die around you.

Zaventem

Can anyone tell me what the glowing party roster is about when you select a mission?

Who everyone's favorite character to play as currently

It's a tie between Rem and King for me. I love ranged characters and boy to they deliver. Nine is my melee dude even if he's a bit slow. Tried jack but he's slower than nine unless i'm missing something he's supposed to be abusing?

Anko

They really need to work on their scene transitions. I have no idea what is going on sometimes because it always feels like they skipped a scene or two. Like for the end of chapter... 4? We didn't get to see
Celestia
coming in to the picture. She's just suddenly there, seemingly
murdering Rem
. It's a bloody mess. Everything feels so disjointed. The way the music suddenly starts playing and cuts off makes it worse.

Who everyone's favorite character to play as currently? I really like playing with Seven sometimes, her whip is awesome, plus elemental whips is cool.

Machina is really fun to play with also for me, but he is alot slower. I also like Ace and Deuce can be fun when you just feel like playing the flute while enemies just die around you.

Ace, Deuce, Sice, Seven are my go to characters. Although Seven can get annoying when she's swinging her blade whip at nothing.

I'm avoiding Machina because I dislike him as a character...

batbeg

How do you get "An army of one" trophy? I did a mission alone with no reserves or akedemia help did the same on the rts mode missions.

I got this in the arena personally.

I'm guessing it's normal NOT having enough time to finish every ! and task in between missions? I just had two tasks that would have cut 12 hours from my time and after talking to everyone I only had two left.

I doubt it's possible to get them all but some tasks can be completed by grabbing the items you'll be tasked with retrieving while on a separate tasks. Ones that require SPP can be done from selecting missions on the title screen too.

Ace > Seven > Rem > Machina > Deuce > Eight are probably my favorites though I try to refrain from using Ace until I've lost most of my other units. (Edit: Don't know how I forgot Queen she is my second favorite)

This game is goddamned incredible. People saying it picks up in Chapter 4 are hyping me up because I've played for 10 hours and have just started Chapter 3 and have been loving it.

Virdix

Jesus christ i had to turn off SFX and voice because of the stupid ass siren when its mission time. How was that decision made.

King is great. Point blank shot wrecks everything. Out of the 5 ranged I'd say he's the best, but Trey and Ace are good too. Aces cards are a little slow though.

Cinque, Queen, and Seven are my goto on the ground. All 3 are great damage dealers.

Eight, Nine, and Sice. These three are quite powerful. Eight and Sice have the perfect combination of speed and power. Nine is strong. Cater is my favorite range character. She is great.

Hugstable

Banned
Jeez Machina has like the most broken attack I've ever seen. Don't think I'm gonna use him anymore, would make the game way too easy.

I really like my Ace, Deuce, Rem/Seven party so far.

Cloudy

Banned
I've played 8 hrs and am just about to do the 2nd mission in chapter 2. This formula is great as a Persona-type series for SE if they can flesh some things out

Korezo

I'm 24 hours in the game and I guess you not suppose to do some tasks on first play through? because some level requirements are super high.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm 24 hours in the game and I guess you not suppose to do some tasks on first play through? because some level requirements are super high.

Game is built around NG+

Liberating all cities around Rubrum is nigh impossible on first playthrough unless you really really like grinding.

cafemomo

Just made it to chapter 7. It's probably because I've played this game a lot on the PSP but I just feel neutral with this play through. It's nothing special at this point. (Or it could be I'm rushing through the game) Oh well at least I get to kick ass with Rem and Seven one last time

RDreamer

This request system is kind of dumb.

I just gathered info on a bunch of them, went out and did everything. I came back to turn them in, and a few worked and a few didn't. Specifically one that said to kill 15 imperial soldiers didn't work even though that's the one I had accepted and it said I finished it. I did take another request while out in the field, but i'd assume it would have kept. Another one about surrendered soldiers I did, too, but it won't let me turn it in.

I really don't understand why you can't have more than one request...

Are the expert trials worth it? I got to chapter 3 and this trial is almost 20 levels higher than me. I get 1 shotted by everything. Seems like you'd have to grind forever to be able to do it. And to make matters worse there's 2 tasks I can't do because it says the expert trials are prereqs

I REALLY like this game, but damn that camera is as awful as everyone i saying, i really hope they fix it, i can probably still make it through the game if they don't

Nasser

I'm about to start the mission in chapter 3 but jesus I have 2 hours until it starts and I cannot elapse those damn 2 hours. I did couple sidequests, talked to everyone with exclamation marks above their heads until now I'm not able to find anyone to talk to. Gaf help me

I'm about to start the mission in chapter 3 but jesus I have 2 hours until it starts and I cannot elapse those damn 2 hours. I did couple sidequests, talked to everyone with exclamation marks above their heads until now I'm not able to find anyone to talk to. Gaf help me
Talk to whoever gives the main mission to skip.

Wow I had every intention to do mission 2 tonight but when I left town I'm thrust into a RTS like battle where I'm sending out squads to take over towns and defending my own against mechs. Was pretty fun.

Get back to town and have 1d 12h to screw around with whiich gets me tasked into some cave with level 22 enemies lol. That was fun. Got to the boss and got SO DAMN CLOSE with my group of level 10-15s but ended up losing everyone.

Now I'm addicted to the Arena. Actually a good place to practice with members I never use and see what weapons I like using.

Right now Nine is just plain badass with that lance. Definitely my strongest fighter so using him a lot to take down tougher foes.

Also love Sice with that Dark Maelstrom attack. Good crowd pleaser with good power to it.

Cinque is hilarious with that giant mace she can barely swing. But when it lands it does massive damage like 800 and shit,

Good stuff so far really enjoying the game. Playing on Cadet difficulty. Going to go back to that cave and use Nine from the jump. Can probably save some squad members for closer to the boss.

Teknoman

Wow...that intro was one of the best i've seen since... FFXI and XIV. Pretty brutal at parts though...more so than what you'd expect from FF, but I guess it sets the tone.

Zaventem

Finally figured out how to surive more than 3 rounds in the arena. Focus on the super soldier, wait for the counter attack with the critical hit or some high damage blow and finish him off quick. Repeat and deplete the spawns. You're then free to focus on the weaker dudes. Also bring lots of potions.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The game would look alright if they updated some textures and used DOF properly, why does it blur the characters and keep the backgrounds in focus?
Game kinda reminds me of FFVIII too

Can I get to the Armory somehow on Mission Day? I finished that lv 22-24 cave with my group ofv 10-15 but now I'm on mission day and can't use the great portal to get back to the dude who wanted a pretty pelt from then things I was fighting

batbeg

Does anyone actually use items? I have like 40,000 gil because I just sell all my items (except for 5, just in case, though just in case hasn't happened in about 13 hours yet). I don't even know what the status effects do. The fact that the game doesn't pause when I go to the item menu means I just equip a hi-potion or something similar and ignore everything else.

Does anyone actually use items? I have like 40,000 gil because I just sell all my items (except for 5, just in case, though just in case hasn't happened in about 13 hours yet). I don't even know what the status effects do. The fact that the game doesn't pause when I go to the item menu means I just equip a hi-potion or something similar and ignore everything else.

Yeah I didn't think I would but figured out to just run around while using items so already been using ethers and potions in battle. Especially ethers for my healers

Cool never mind when you start the mission it let's you turn in your request. Awesome.

King is great. Point blank shot wrecks everything. Out of the 5 ranged I'd say he's the best, but Trey and Ace are good too. Aces cards are a little slow though.

Cinque, Queen, and Seven are my goto on the ground. All 3 are great damage dealers.
Ace gets a holy laser on higher levels that you can layer one after another. they stay where you place them like a turret.. To call it OP would be an understatement. It's almost instant so it eats break sights like Oprah's famous apple cobbler.

Wow. Enjoying this far more then I thought I would. Will have to begin chapter 3 tomorrow, just finished chapter 2.

Awesome stuff. I'm intruiged. Engaged in this story. The l'cie are actually made to be interesting here.

Wtf again. This final chapter sucks.

End game spoilers.
I guess I made the wrong choice. Got caught in an endless wave. Died once the enemies hit 58, and now I have to redo the trials again which are boring, because all the enemies are only level 20. WTF. Waste of time.

Top Bottom