• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

LProtag

I'm discouraged after the second mission in Chapter 3 kicked my ass and left me with a super weak party for the boss.

I guess I need to level up everyone even more.

Slixshot

Banned
Gameplay is fun, camera sucks, some parts of the game look like ass. If you don't get sick from the camera and like action rpgs I think it is a good pickup even for non-FF fans. My opinion is on 6 hours of gameplay though so keep in mind I haven't finished the game. You also get the FFXV demo which is pretty good on its own if a bit shallow.

Thanks bro! :D

"Dragon. Tortoise. Tiger. Phoenix. Mother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Crystals kept balance between the Tortoise Tribes, Dragon Kingdom, Tiger Empire, and Phoenix Republic. But that all changed when the Tiger Empire attacked. Only the Agito could master all the elements. Only he could stop the ruthless Magitek Armors. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. The Tiger Empire is nearing victory in the War. Some people believe that the Agito was never real to begin with, and that Tempis Finis is upon us. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Agito will return to save the world."
Do you get to play as the Avatar- I mean Agito?

DNAbro

Questionable voice direction aside, this game so far has been incredibly enjoyable. Went in to that cave near the beginning for a side mission, killed almost everybody except like 5 people lol. Game is great.

Shahed

Okay I've always been wondering. Every now and then I get a red message saying incoming which also leaves a red card icon on the top left of the screen. But then nothing happens. Am I supposed to do something there?

Windam

Scaley member
Holy shit...
Aria... Sure she never talked until 5 minutes before her death if you triggered that cutscene, but damn. :(

Okay I've always been wondering. Every now and then I get a red message saying incoming which also leaves a red card icon on the top left of the screen. But then nothing happens. Am I supposed to do something there?

Same here, I'm always super confused when I see it pop up but nothing happens.

zennyzz

They're special Orders from Mother.

Completing them gives buffs or really good items. Red cards especially.

rybrad

Hit the touchpad and it should open up a window to accept or refuse an SO. I think that is what is they are called, away from my console right now.

Shahed

Thanks. I figured it was something to do with the SO missions but I must have skipped the instructions. I opened the menu and everything but didn't think of touchpad

Edit: Now that I'm doing them it's pretty easy. Don't get hit, survive, don't use magic etc. But do you get anything useful out of them in terms of rewards? Because all I'm doing now is wasting 30 swconds to a few minutes standing around after enemies are dead.

Fee

I'm discouraged after the second mission in Chapter 3 kicked my ass and left me with a super weak party for the boss.

I guess I need to level up everyone even more.

Your problem is more than likely you are not dodging what you are supposed to, not that you are underleveled. Is chapter 3 the boss that sends the robots that explode on you? If so stand at the back of the room and blow them up with a ranged guy and make sure you are hitting the weak points that appear. I am half way through chapter 7 and have been super underlevled all game and it's been pretty easy, you just cant face tank some attacks from the harder eniemes, you HAVE to dodge or its more or less a insta kill.

zennyzz

Thanks. I figured it was something to do with the SO missions but I must have skipped the instructions. I opened the menu and everything but didn't think of touchpad

Edit: Now that I'm doing them it's pretty easy. Don't get hit, survive, don't use magic etc. But do you get anything useful out of them in terms of rewards? Because all I'm doing now is wasting 30 swconds to a few minutes standing around after enemies are dead.

depends on the SO. Some give ridiculously good items.

Fee

The camera is God damn awful!!!!

The game wants you to be constantly holding r1, not manually adjusting. If you are in town i agree with you, but if you arnt holding r1 in combat and switching targets with the right stick you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Xenus

A bunch of items at the end of the mission

I'm having a hard time with the targeting and lock on system. Just can't seem to get the hang of it. Died multiple times because my character wouldn't unlock from a dead enemy and I was shelled by tanks or whatever.

Also, some streamer the other day said that you can't summon without killing one of your characters, yet, the NPCs told me certain summons don't require a sacrifice?

He also, at the time of supposedly beating the final boss live on air, said he had clocked around 8 hours. Howlongtobeat says it's a 30 hour+ game. Who do I believe?

jorgeton

I'm having a hard time with the targeting and lock on system. Just can't seem to get the hang of it. Died multiple times because my character wouldn't unlock from a dead enemy and I was shelled by tanks or whatever.

Also, some streamer the other day said that you can't summon without killing one of your characters, yet, the NPCs told me certain summons don't require a sacrifice?

He also, at the time of supposedly beating the final boss live on air, said he had clocked around 8 hours. Howlongtobeat says it's a 30 hour+ game. Who do I believe?

Ehh, it's probably 8 hours if you run straight through the plot on easy without doing any side content. I'm at 12 hours and only on chapter 4, playing in Officer (normal) mode.

Fee

If you are skipping everything in the game but the main story missions 8 hours seems perfectly believable but most people don't play games like that. 25-35 seems like a average play-through.I think im at 22 hours with 1.5 chapters to go.

The game wants you to be constantly holding r1, not manually adjusting. If you are in town i agree with you, but if you arnt holding r1 in combat and switching targets with the right stick you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.

I have it set to press r1 to lock on then using r2 to swap targets. Its the whole massive blur that goes with it. Its killed my enjoyment of the game. Will persevere though.

Korosenai

Suddenly got to a mission in chapter 3 where every enemy is 5 to 6 levels higher than me... What's gonna be my best method of leveling my characters up?

Hugstable

Banned
Having issues with a Task in Chapter 2. The Task "Mad about Ms. Tokimiya" I'm supposed to have Rem meet this Enra guy. I go to Rem in the Class Zero room, but it's like she doesn't recognize I have the quest or something and just gives her normal lines. Can't figure out how to complete this :(

I didn't like the game during Chapter 1-3 and then Chapter 4 started...... Wow.

The game definitely picks its pace from Chapter 4.

Only in Chapter 2 and really enjoying it so far. Finally got a nice break now for the weekend so I'm definitely gonna be playing this alot. Really like the battles so far and the school is amazing with the music and it actually feeling like a classic Final Fantasy town with tons of people to talk to. Been playing on Officer and the game has been super easy so far, everything dies pretty quickly, hoping it gets a bit more difficult.

I kind of like what I have played so far. I am only in chapter 2 maybe 3. I loved Duscae.. I am debating taking this back to BestBuy, while they are having the 30% trade bonus.

I hate decisions like this, I think I could be into this game pretty good but Bloodborne is next week.

Played the first 90 minutes and while I enjoy the gameplay I have no idea WTF is going on with this story. All I know is that a Chocobo got killed and I died inside irl =\

zennyzz

Having issues with a Task in Chapter 2. The Task "Mad about Ms. Tokimiya" I'm supposed to have Rem meet this Enra guy. I go to Rem in the Class Zero room, but it's like she doesn't recognize I have the quest or something and just gives her normal lines. Can't figure out how to complete this :(

Only in Chapter 2 and really enjoying it so far. Finally got a nice break now for the weekend so I'm definitely gonna be playing this alot. Really like the battles so far and the school is amazing with the music and it actually feeling like a classic Final Fantasy town with tons of people to talk to. Been playing on Officer and the game has been super easy so far, everything dies pretty quickly, hoping it gets a bit more difficult.

you literally have to swap out your current avatar with rem.

I missed out on this quest as well and didn't realize until later that we can actually swtich the active character during Akademeia visit. This also results in new scenes and is required for some of the sidequests.

You just need to switch to Rem.

Hugstable

Banned
you literally have to swap out your current avatar with rem.

I missed out on this quest as well and didn't realize until later that we can actually swtich the active character during Akademeia visit. This also results in new scenes and is required for some of the sidequests.

You just need to switch to Rem.

Well this is definitely an "OH SHIIIIIT" realization moment lol.

Of all the things I've tried for the last hour or so, and I didn't even think of the second most obvious thing. -____-

Thanks for the help!

Nose Master

I have no clue how to play her, but I always have Deuce in my party. Having her happily playing the flute standing over a pile of corpses at the end of a random battle is hilarious.

I know this has been mentioned, but goddamn this camera is making me dizzy. I can stand just plain ol' terrible, but the motion blur is stupid as hell.

rybrad

Played the first 90 minutes and while I enjoy the gameplay I have no idea WTF is going on with this story. All I know is that a Chocobo got killed and I died inside irl =\
Make sure and read all the lore entries in the library if you care about the story. It helps explain a lot of what is going on and got me up to speed fairly quick.

RDreamer

It starts out a bit crazy with terms, but things start to make sense, especially if you talk to a lot of the people sitting around and in towns.

Spoilered if for whatever reason someone doesn't want the opening story explained to them:
Basically there are 4 different countries, all with their own crystal. Class Zero exists in Rebrum. Their crystal is referred to as the vermillion bird, or Suzaku (sp?). The empire (white tiger crystal) broke an ancient pact and is now attacking Rebrum (and Concordia, I believe). They deploy something called a crystal jammer to interfere with Rebrum's crystal. That means the cadets and military can't use magic... except Class Zero. For some reason unknown to us at this point in the game, they CAN use magic even with the crystal jammer in place. Class Zero basically beats back the empire a bit, and that's where the game starts off. You do a few missions beating them back in various cities that they had just captured. Also, L'Cie are basically demigods straight up controlled by the crystal to complete some sort of focus (just fancy word for "shit the crystal wants 'em to do").

Wagram

This games difficulty balancing is shit and exactly what I feared would happen. It's always either a.) too easy or b.) too hard with 1 hit kills. Why can't there be a section in the middle so i'm not bored and that I don't watch my retarded AI partners die in 1 shot every time.

Nose Master

So... do the initial squad members you bring in to battle still get xp if you leave the NPC helper guys on? I want to grind SPP, but not if it steals their XP.

Is there any way to run away from a battle on the world map? I ran into a Behemoth on my way to Togarath in Chapter 2 and I got totally wrecked.

Victrix

*beard*
This games difficulty balancing is shit and exactly what I feared would happen. It's always either a.) too easy or b.) too hard with 1 hit kills. Why can't there be a section in the middle so i'm not bored and that I don't watch my retarded AI partners die in 1 shot every time.

Playing this is just making me want to play Crisis Core again.

The setting is reasonably interesting, the rest is kind of meh.

I'm half way through, so I'm not expecting a huge improvement by the end, we'll see.

rybrad

Is there any way to run away from a battle on the world map? I ran into a Behemoth on my way to Togarath in Chapter 2 and I got totally wrecked.
I believe you need to use a Teleport Stone for the world map encounters, I have found a couple as random drops so hopefully you have as well.

Game came in from Gamefly in so it promptly got shoved in and started up. I'm just to the 2nd main mission so quick first impressions.

First thing I wanted to check out was the camera and have to say it's not nearly as bad as I had heard. Atleast for me. While the camera does move fast I figured out that the camera while in town and running around missions actually follows behind you so no real reason to spin it yourself unless looking at something. The camera in battle is not bad at all and looks pretty awesome when you are locked on. Which I am 100% of the time.

The battle system seems pretty good so far. The moves list is pretty barren but i will chalk that up to being brand new and haven't acquired many skills yet for the characters. But from what I've seen so far it is pretty solid.

Music is as always good. Like this rendition of the Prelude that plays in town.

Oh and this game has an overworld map and random battles! Love that.

So far so good. Can't wait to dive in more

Nasser

I'm trying to do the task "Mad About Ms. Tokimiya" but can someone tell me how can I change my avatar to rem? I don't know how

kierwynn

I'm trying to do the task "Mad About Ms. Tokimiya" but can someone tell me how can I change my avatar to rem? I don't know how

If you go talk to the big save crystals, one of the options (I think the first one) will let you change your active character.

Loefah

Banned

Go to a save point/crystal and then select assignment. You can pick the lead character from there.

Edit: beaten :p

Top Bottom