• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Got to chapter 5, and I'm so loving this game. The music, the combat, all of it is great. I'm trying to grind my characters up a bit though because the next mission is level 29 and Ace is the only person near it (he's actually above it; I use him too much). If anyone has any advice on the best way to grind up quickly, I'd appreciate the help! I've been doing training in the arena because all the enemies are the same level as you, but you can only use one person at a time for that.

I'm also curious as to who everyone's favorite character to use is. I like Ace the most, but I also like Cater, King, and Rem.

I'm really hoping we get more games in this universe, because I love all the lore, and I feel the crystal mythology is used much better here than in FFXIII.

Ratrat

Got to chapter 5, and I'm so loving this game. The music, the combat, all of it is great. I'm trying to grind my characters up a bit though because the next mission is level 29 and Ace is the only person near it (he's actually above it; I use him too much). If anyone has any advice on the best way to grind up quickly, I'd appreciate the help! I've been doing training in the arena because all the enemies are the same level as you, but you can only use one person at a time for that.

I'm also curious as to who everyone's favorite character to use is. I like Ace the most, but I also like Cater, King, and Rem.

I'm really hoping we get more games in this universe, because I love all the lore, and I feel the crystal mythology is used much better here than in FFXIII.
You can level up when your not playing in the arena. I think there also an exploit by moving the system clock.

DNAbro

Eight is really fun to use.

Ok I'm absolutely lost.

How do I change who Im using in my party when I'm in the over world?

Im trying to keep my guys all near the same level but I cant change them?

Gaz_RB

King is my favorite dude. Rolling around popping off dual pistol shots is a kind of fun I never thought Final Fantasy would offer me. Ace is really boring to me for some reason. I guess the idea of using cards to attack doesn't really get my heartbeat going, but I like this dodge a lot. Rem is a my second favorite, I'm loving her fast paced dagger attacks. Reminds me of how Zidane would control if FF9 was an action game. The rest I'm still sort of getting used to, I'm still in the first few missions.

Asking again for new page:

Are the expert trials worth it? I got to chapter 3 and this trial is almost 20 levels higher than me. I get 1 shotted by everything. Seems like you'd have to grind forever to be able to do it. And to make matters worse there's 2 tasks I can't do because it says the expert trials are prereqs

If you can manage it, go for it.

But they are meant for NG+ (which is why they are 20-30 levels higher than you).

The more I learn about
Izana Kunagiri
the more tragic the story becomes for him.

I rewatched the opening again after seeing some of the flashbacks + backstory of Izana and the opening teared me up, especially when he cries saying he doesn't want to die :(

Seik

Banned
What's the name of the battle theme when you start with an advantage? It starts with some groovy piano...I dig it but can't find it so far. D:

EDIT: Nvm, just found it, it's The Strategy for Recapture.

Just finished chapter 3, kind of let down by how little I care about the plot or any of the characters so far. The game started pretty strong but so far has completely failed to capitalize on that. Hope it picks up soon, at least the gameplay is fun.

Like the game so far but still getting used to the combat, wish i had an option to map the dodge button elsewhere though. And I thought people were exaggerating about how bad the camera is, it's pretty bad. Feels like the intensity is set too high and way too much motion blur.

as i've said before the camera's sensitivity is MAX when moving. Stand still its fine, use on overworld its fine.

so should i spend my time doing requests or talking to people in the school

When you talk to people, two things can happen: a cutscene will be triggered or you will have the option to "keep talking" with that person.

If you don't think you'll have time to talk with everyone and do all the requests, then I'd recommend viewing all the cutscenes, refusing to talk with the rest, and then complete requests with the time left. And then, if you finish all the requests and still have some time left, go back and talk to those NPCs.

jonno394

Just started in the academy For the first time. Is between mission stuff just a case of exploring the map each time trying to find requests etc or do they show up on the map? I've got 6 hours before the mission starts apparently.

So I decided to try out Secret Missions training.

I left Cinque, my weakest party member, in training at about 300pm yesterday. Just Remote Played into the game at work now (about 1pm), and she gained 2 levels and 6 AP.

It's a good feature to use, in between playing, and saves time from grinding.

It's a lot like leaving your Magikarp at the daycare center, only without the hefty fee.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-20%20at%2012.57.02.png

So I'm Remote Playing this (on a really good connection) at work, and I have to admit, it looks waaaaaay better on the Vita's screen.
Also, the motion blur is non-bothersome.

If only it had been on Vita in the first place. Man.. x_x

Pachimari

I think Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII is my current favorite Final Fantasy entry.
Still haven't made up my mind about this one though.
The Episode Duscae demo alone is very interesting to me.

On Wednesday, Amazon was offering $37.50 for this game on trade in. This morning it was down to $27 and I was kicking myself. Now only a few hours later it's down to $24.50. The market is getting flooded quickly.

I am regretting this game so much. And I was so looking forward to it. I've tried to play it 4 separate times now, and just cannot get into it.

Alucrid

Banned
Requests/tasks don't take up time I think, unless they require you to leave school grounds

When you talk to people, two things can happen: a cutscene will be triggered or you will have the option to "keep talking" with that person.

If you don't think you'll have time to talk with everyone and do all the requests, then I'd recommend viewing all the cutscenes, refusing to talk with the rest, and then complete requests with the time left. And then, if you finish all the requests and still have some time left, go back and talk to those NPCs.

Got it, thanks for the info

How do you replay missions? I was looking around and I couldn't find it. I got rekt in the Corsi cave and I want to level some characters for chapter 3.

Asking again for new page:

Are the expert trials worth it? I got to chapter 3 and this trial is almost 20 levels higher than me. I get 1 shotted by everything. Seems like you'd have to grind forever to be able to do it. And to make matters worse there's 2 tasks I can't do because it says the expert trials are prereqs

New game+ territory, that's why they are so high

Might be a dumb question but is there more to the combat than there seems at first? I feel like there's something deep that I'm missing. Are there any good guides/YT vids etc? Cus atm I feel like I'm just holding square, taking cover when I can, popping out to fight and then getting back behind cover.

Z3M0G

Starting Chapter 3 and am feeling dragged down by having SO much free time between missions... over 48 hours currently if I recall.

Will I struggle greatly if I do minimal activity between missions? Perhaps talk to a handful of NPCs for story bits then move on?

Will I miss anything entirely? Side missions, etc?

I just wanna keep the story moving...

Might be a dumb question but is there more to the combat than there seems at first? I feel like there's something deep that I'm missing. Are there any good guides/YT vids etc? Cus atm I feel like I'm just holding square, taking cover when I can, popping out to fight and then getting back behind cover.

You really shouldn't be having to go back behind cover. You should be focusing on dodging more than attacking. Learn enemy patterns and when to trigger Break/Kill Sights (as well as learning your characters attack animations). If you want to focus on DPSing enemies, then you should look at the characters Abilities/Magic and how to combo them quickly, because just holding square is a sure way of getting hit by enemies.

zennyzz

You're in the wrong thread.

You really shouldn't be having to go back behind cover. You should be focusing on dodging more than attacking. Learn enemy patterns and when to trigger Break/Kill Sights (as well as learning your characters attack animations). If you want to focus on DPSing enemies, then you should look at the characters Abilities/Magic and how to combo them quickly, because just holding square is a sure way of getting hit by enemies.

pretty sure they're referring to XV since there is no substantial amount of cover in type-0.

Alright, I'll have a look. But I feel like with the red circle thing my projectiles don't hit in time for it to mean anything (with Ace and the girl with the magic pistol) and I haven't really found a melee character I like yet.
You're in the wrong thread.

pretty sure they're referring to XV since there is no substantial amount of cover in type-0.
I'm talking Type 0. :p I mean behind corners/boxes etc. Not getting into cover as such as just walking behind a box and waiting.

Logash

The translattion along with the FF15 demo through me off from this game for a couple of days but when I gave it a real shot I became hooked. I love almost all of the characters fighting styles and artwork. I love the music and the atmosphere so much. Also really digging that there is an open world and random battles. Really early in the game but I am already imagining a sequel for PS4 and Xbox one.

zennyzz

Alright, I'll have a look. But I feel like with the red circle thing my projectiles don't hit in time for it to mean anything (with Ace and the girl with the magic pistol) and I haven't really found a melee character I like yet.

I'm talking Type 0. :p I mean behind corners/boxes etc. Not getting into cover as such as just walking behind a box and waiting.

well then yeah, there's a serious problem with how you're doing things. Holding square to attack is a bad move. A lot of Type-0 is dodge extensive, not counting that character attacks have separate attributes, timing and directional inputs both to their standard string and skills. As well as the previously mentioned Kill and break sights.

Then you've got character switching and Phantoma harvesting which both have battle applications as they both provide splash damage if used properly.

That's why you also need to learn your characters animations =P

Often times you need to start the attack before the Kill Sight appears, since most characters have a startup animation.

Ace has an easy way of triggering Kill Sights once you get his melee attack though (with Square+forward).

well then yeah, there's a serious problem with how you're doing things. Holding square to attack is a bad move. A lot of Type-0 is dodge extensive, not counting that character attacks have separate attributes, timing and directional inputs both to their standard string and skills. As well as the previously mentioned Kill and break sights.

Then you've got character switching and Phantoma harvesting which both have battle applications as they both provide splash damage if used properly.

That's why you also need to learn your characters animations =P

Often times you need to start the attack before the Kill Sight appears, since most characters have a startup animation.

Ace has an easy way of triggering Kill Sights once you get his melee attack though (with Square+forward).
Alright, thanks for the help. I'll try and take that into account. :)

Rad-

Holy shit the english VA is so bad. And the camera like mentioned here many times. Other than those I'm enjoying the game so far.

Holy shit the english VA is so bad. And the camera like mentioned here many times. Other than those I'm enjoying the game so far.

Yeah. And the actors are not even the problem >.>

Anyway, try playing with JAP voices, that dub is really high quality (like, REALLY high quality).

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Starting Chapter 3 and am feeling dragged down by having SO much free time between missions... over 48 hours currently if I recall.

Will I struggle greatly if I do minimal activity between missions? Perhaps talk to a handful of NPCs for story bits then move on?

Will I miss anything entirely? Side missions, etc?

I just wanna keep the story moving...

They are standalone cutscenes that you might miss. Certain subplots involving characters that you would otherwise not meet can be missed. These subplots require you to talk to them whenever they appear.
They usually appear every chapter or so and I think if you miss talking to them in a particular rest period, you will not get their full story.

There's also the Kazusa and Emina subplots that will take up a lot of time.
These two characters only appear when you have 6 hours or less left.
I think Kazusa alone requires at least 17 or 18 visits over the course of the game. Emina also requires many visits.

On Chapter 3 and
ran into random level 99 monsters on the world map. WTF Square. Reminds me of when I first played FF2, and wandered off the path to the first town and got mauled by wolves.
Seems like a poor game design decision rather than difficulty, as they're virtually impossible to actually beat.

Luckily I saved right before disembarking.

zennyzz

On Chapter 3 and
ran into random level 99 monsters on the world map. WTF Square. Reminds me of when I first played FF2, and wandered off the path to the first town and got mauled by wolves.
Seems like a poor game design decision rather than difficulty, as they're virtually impossible to actually beat.

Luckily I saved right before disembarking.

They're visible for a reason. And no, every enemy is beatable by every level of a character.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
How big is the file to download for type-0 (ps4, psn)? I think it's just barely 4gbs, is that true?

Top Bottom