• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
It's over 20GB

You're thinking of Duscae?

edit: Specifically 26.8GB

Isn't that the space both type-0 and FFXV occupy when fully unzipped and installed? Or even the space "required" for the installation to happen?

edit.

I say this because I've seen this:

11054848_10153142158109494_509480226060058986_n.jpg

They're visible for a reason. And no, every enemy is beatable by every level of a character.

It's why I said "virtually". I mean, yeah, they could be beaten. But it's not likely, especially where I was in the game.

Either way, I fought that
Golem
shortly afterwards, and was even more disappointed in that, than the world map dude.

zennyzz

It's why I said "virtually". I mean, yeah, they could be beaten. But it's not likely, especially where I was in the game.

Golem
shortly afterwards, and was even more disappointed in that, than the world map dude.

You're disappointed in enemies you're not supposed to be fighting at all? And the golems nowhere near close to as bad as the world map mobs. I beat both of those with level 15 characters.

So can anyone explain the SSP mode? The fact it mentions the penalty is death but for what? I've been too worried to turn it on.

It's SO as in Special orders. Every now and again, you'll receive a letter from Arecia, that you can access with the touch pad. There'll be specific orders there that you can choose to complete in the alloted time. If you fail, there's kill move activated on you.

You're disappointed in enemies you're not supposed to be fighting at all? And the golems nowhere near close to as bad as the world map mobs. I beat both of those with level 15 characters.

Yes, because there's no reason one should believe that one shouldn't have to fight the enemy. The game, so far, has conditioned one to defeat enemies as soon as possible and to simply fight.

zennyzz

Yes, because there's no reason one should believe that one shouldn't have to fight the enemy. The game, so far, has conditioned one to defeat enemies as soon as possible and to simply fight.

the game blatantly tells you not to fight those enemies. And even then, if you're skilled enough, you're fully capable of beating them in spite of that. How you could equate that to bad game design is beyond me.

Qblivion

Ok what the fuck. The game is telling me to do something and actively preventing me from doing it.

In the mission where you first use a summon,
and you have to use that summon to break down a door, the moment I activate ifrit the giant golem kills him in one hit. What the fuck?

LProtag

Went back to officer difficulty.

Jack/Trey/Rem is a great team. I didn't have a single causality in the first Chapter 4 mission. Jack destroys everything in seconds. I killed the boss in less than a minute probably. I switch to Trey if I need to hit something at a distance, and Rem just keeps everyone healed with her nearly infinite MP when I put an MP draining skill on her.

zennyzz

Ok what the fuck. The game is telling me to do something and actively preventing me from doing it.

and you have to use that summon to break down a door, the moment I activate ifrit the giant golem kills him in one hit. What the fuck?

Okay... that's not supposed to happen.

Okay... that's not supposed to happen.

Hmm I think it is? It one shot me too when I tried with the summon, main difference is you
destroy the door really quick with the summon so it's less likely to happen

The golems are kinda weird, mostly because the AI of your teammate is so bad at just running away from them, so I had a couple of deaths on each golem. Not a huge deal, but kinda annoying.

Qblivion

Hmm I think it is? It one shot me too when I tried with the summon, main difference is you

The golems are kinda weird, mostly because the AI of your teammate is so bad at just running away from them, so I had a couple of deaths on each golem. Not a huge deal, but kinda annoying.

Except it is killing me immediately. Literally before I can even attack the door.

zennyzz

No, I'm fairly sure that Golem shouldn't be able to oneshot Ifrit. Now if you're using a particularly sqishy player, sure, but Ifrit definitely should be capable of tanking more than a few hits from golem.

the game blatantly tells you not to fight those enemies. And even then, if you're skilled enough, you're fully capable of beating them in spite of that. How you could equate that to bad game design is beyond me.

Regardless, my AI tries to fight them ( and poorly), which leads to them dying. So if the game doesn't want me to fight an enemy, it's completely reasonable to expect AI controlled characters not to do so, and join me in fighting...that door thing.

Isn't that the space both type-0 and FFXV occupy when fully unzipped and installed? Or even the space "required" for the installation to happen?

edit.

That's the initial PlayGo download. Type 0 and Duscae are separate downloads, Type 0 is 25 gigs once you download it fully.

Zaventem

So does the position of abilities (like the placement of fire spell above lightning spell)affect how much the A.I uses said skill? i really wish they were more in dept with this and give a.i tactics like SO.

Dinda

So i finally got this and was excited to play it......but .....please someone tell me there is a way to disable that unbelievable awful motion blur that i'm just overlooking!

This is absolutely unplayable for me this way, i get a headache within minutes.

So i finally got this and was excited to play it......but .....please someone tell me there is a way to disable that unbelievable awful motion blur that i'm just overlooking!

I wish. Try playing it without moving the camera with the analog stick unless necessary.

Golem

People, you seriously shouldn't ignore Moglin, as soon as that summon appears Moglin tells you to run

Again: Moglin tells you to run, you're not supposed to destroy the door, or fight the summon, you are supposed to continue the path you were following before the door appears

If you really want to you can beat the summon, it's not really hard but don't blame the game if you do something and the game tells you to not do that

You haven't been following any of this thread have you :(

I want to level up some of my party on the world map but I can only pick one member and the other slots default to Ace and Deuce, who are already levelled up, is there anyway to change this?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. You have to rearrange your entire team at the save crystal and it takes the first 2 from the top.

k1t4j

My bro team of King/Ace/Nine is wrecking shit up.

I am enjoying this game quite a bit even though at first I only got it to play FFXV.

Anyways my only problem is the camera, holy shit it makes me slightly dizzy after a while.

People, you seriously shouldn't ignore Moglin, as soon as that summon appears Moglin tells you to run

Again: Moglin tells you to run, you're not supposed to destroy the door, or fight the summon, you are supposed to continue the path you were following before the door appears

If you really want to you can beat the summon, it's not really hard but don't blame the game if you do something and the game tells you to not do that

When you can do the summon, you're supposed to destroy the door. There's the first golem where they tell you to chill, at that point you don't have the summon yet, then you get the summon, then run into the 2nd golem and you have to open the door to continue. I don't believe there's any other way, you can't just run away from this one.

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the AI didn't just stand in front of the golem not moving while you're killing the door though. But eh, I had a bunch of replacement, I'm keeping 6 people leveled up at mission level, then rest is like last resort crap or whatever, so when someone dies it's not the end of the world, just was kinda annoying that part, especially the whole getting one shot with the summon after sacrificing a character to summon it.

My 6 so far as Sice+Deuce+Rem, then Queen+Seven+Cater for backup, both "groups" are fairly balanced so I can rotate them 3 by 3 for leveling purposes and stuff. I still have to try a few more but I like these, the playstyles are fun and there's a good variety.

Nose Master

I wish they'd mention when an event will randomly take 12 hours or so. I expect them all to be 2, and some are randomly super long.

I love this game so far, the blur is insane but it doesn't really bother me much...except this morning.. I had a hang over. 5 minutes of this game = my vomiting on my controller =[

I wish they'd mention when an event will randomly take 12 hours or so. I expect them all to be 2, and some are randomly super long.

There might be 12hours events I'm not sure, but in case of, days are really only 12hours a day in the game, you'll start at say 2days 12hours, do 6events and on the 6th, you'll "go to sleep" or whatever and it skips to 1day 12hours left. That might be what you're seeing.

Lucentto

Banned
I played a bit of this game, and so far I like it. Unfortunately due to some unexpected happenings, I won't be able to play the game much until after Bloodborne and Toukiden. So far my favorite characters are: Ace, Sice, and King.

I also see why so many people complain about the camera and motion blur, it makes me kind of nauseous sometimes.

Just got around to starting it today so I'm only on chapter 2 but so far I'm really enjoying it. Only real complaint is that going out into the overworld saps your time. Would have been nice to have the ability to move freely back and forth.

So i have a bit of a problem. I started a new game+ and im on chapter 2 mission 3 (taking togoreth) and i made the decision to sneak around back. I got to the part where i take all of the classified documents, but the last document is laying on the ground in an area that constantly spawns enemies and wont let me pick it up, what am i doing wrong?

Wagram

I really want to believe they didn't intend for the
Chapter 3 & 4 bosses to be killed in less than 20 seconds despite being 3-4 levels lower.
It makes no sense to me.

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh, this level doesn't have motion blur. (Probably because of the fog)

I hope they patch in an option to disable it.

https://youtu.be/NB12_N4U6dA

Are you daft? Pause on any frame where the camera is swinging. It's still there.

It's just less pronounced because, just as when playing the game on a Vita screen, you can't see that much of sharp detail to begin with.

edit: Here, I'll even do it for you

RN6Kkay.png

edit.

Like any digital game that has a large GB size, it will download a small portion of the game first. When that first download is done, you can jump into the game. The rest of the game downloads in the background. You can view the full percentage complete by pressing options over the game in the XMB bar and viewing options.

So i have a bit of a problem. I started a new game+ and im on chapter 2 mission 3 (taking togoreth) and i made the decision to sneak around back. I got to the part where i take all of the classified documents, but the last document is laying on the ground in an area that constantly spawns enemies and wont let me pick it up, what am i doing wrong?

=P, there's a treasure chest in the game that requires the same thinking to open.

Basically Lock-on to the enemy, get close to the shiny on the ground and (while locking on) press up and you will lock on to the item (someone correct me if the controls are different on the PS4), and you'll be able to pick it up.

Alternatively, kill everyone and grab it before they respawn =X

Are you daft?

Whats your problem dude? Even if there is a small amount of motion blur it is nowhere near the same ratio as other spots. It has nothing to do with the detail, you can see how bad the motion blur is in a crappy gif.

No idea why you are being so hostile.

Falk

that puzzling face
Whats your problem dude? Even if there is a small amount of motion blur it is nowhere near the same ratio as other spots. It has nothing to do with the detail, you can see how bad the motion blur is in a crappy gif.

No idea why you are being so hostile.

It's the exact same. You can go pixel-counting at max camera swing speed if you want.

No idea why you're being so sensitive.

Nose Master

Running out of stuff to do inbetween missions. I wish the airship actually went everywhere, instead of two random ass towns. I don't wanna run for ten minutes to get to each town to maybe have a sidequest.

=P, there's a treasure chest in the game that requires the same thinking to open.

Basically Lock-on to the enemy, get close to the shiny on the ground and (while locking on) press up and you will lock on to the item (someone correct me if the controls are different on the PS4), and you'll be able to pick it up.

Alternatively, kill everyone and grab it before they respawn =X

You are awesome.

TheGrue

Man, I just have no clue what is going on in this game. Did the first mission where you actually leave the school and go out on the mission. Bunches of questions:

1) There's a screen where I guess you pick who your reserves are? Should I throw everyone in there or only a couple?
2) When I was out on the mission, there were shadow people with me. Are those reserves? Am I right that they're just switching out automatically?
3) The thing where you can press up to switch a member. I pressed it and it replaced who I was controlling with some other person. How does it decide who? It went gray after I did it and I couldn't switch back to the original character until sometime into the mission and I'm not honestly sure why it suddenly let me again.

Is there some kind of beginner's guide out there that explains this game because I feel like the game does a horrible job explaining its mechanics, despite the fact that it talks to you quite a bit.

Falk

that puzzling face
The silhouette guys are basically 'support' that the academy sends out with you. Having them around does limit the xp you get for your main cadet roster, but accumulates "SPP" which can be traded in at the command center for stuff. You can turn support on or off.

General best-practice thoughts seem to agree on using the main cast for missions for XP, and then farming SPP via replaying missions if necessary (there are some good items to be had) although the opposite also can be done. You just don't want to have an underlevelled cast for some chapters.

I do believe replacing goes down your reserve roster in the order you place them in.

Laws00

I did the first mission and I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

I know how to fight but, when it came to reserves and active members i don;t understand what the hell to do.

I only had 3 members. i dont know where i put them

1) There's a screen where I guess you pick who your reserves are? Should I throw everyone in there or only a couple?
2) When I was out on the mission, there were shadow people with me. Are those reserves? Am I right that they're just switching out automatically?
3) The thing where you can press up to switch a member. I pressed it and it replaced who I was controlling with some other person. How does it decide who? It went gray after I did it and I couldn't switch back to the original character until sometime into the mission and I'm not honestly sure why it suddenly let me again.
1) The screen before a mission is for you to pick the members that are going to participate in the mission (in case one of your characters die, you can bring another one from the "reserves" in). Normally (if you're not going for trophies) just throw everyone in (some missions will limit the amount of characters you can use though).

2) Shadow people is the support system from the game (at the beginning of missions they ask if you want help from the Akademia, if you say yes, these shadow people go into your game every now and then). They are meant to help you if you're trying to do a high level mission with a low level character, because they will be in a higher level than you.

3) Switching members during a mission, you have the 3 main characters you are controlling, and you can swap between them at any time. And then you have the save points where you can switch them too. And lastly, you can bring someone from reserve in the middle of battle if one of your character dies.
If you're playing with support, then when you have the "shadow people" on your team you won't be able to switch between your characters.

Top Bottom