• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

You don't get weapon upgrades in this game, you get more weapons (and no, it's not by grinding enemies, it's by buying them, finding them in treasure chests and -maybe, not really sure- for completing SOs too).

Was going from this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805874-final-fantasy-type-0-hd/71434693

At the end of mission it'll give you rewards for various accomplishments like harvesting phantoma, killing enemies, killstrikes, and it's all on a per character basis and cumulative. So it's really stupid not being able to check the status :-/

Was going from this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805874-final-fantasy-type-0-hd/71434693

At the end of mission it'll give you rewards for various accomplishments like harvesting phantoma, killing enemies, killstrikes, and it's all on a per character basis and cumulative. So it's really stupid not being able to check the status :-/

Oh okay, those are the multiplayer weapons they put into the HD version then.

Yeah, it's weird. Unfortunately there I wouldn't know how to help you then. Just keep killing enemies until you get it, if you don't have to "cash in" your kills, then it should happen automatically, I guess.

Either way, not worth to keep grinding for them, unless you really want to get overleveled before the end of the game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Bwahahaha.

http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/reishiki/2011/10/19/creators_message_-_tex_-.html

"Queen's are white to show her intelligent and honest personality. White is a color that makes things look large so while a quick glance makes it stand out, on the other hand it makes her butt look to big and that would be no good. Because of that, we made hers a bit hi-leg style, so they ended up quite sexy."

"With Rem, we went with the very first thing we thought of. Light pink with fluffy frills on the trim. On the front, a ribbon. Rem is strong of heart but, she's also a bittersweet girl that makes your heart go "KYUN!" moreso than the rest, so that's the direction we took it in."

"Next is Sice. This is one we fussed over a bit. She's a strong, gallant, cool girl but she's always serious about her underwear too. We designed hers with a "If you want to look, then why not?" kind of confidence, but a "but if you do, I'll kill you" kind of cariness bundled together. The bottom is a glossy, shocking pink, and the sides are black lace."

"For underwear of the as-of-yet unrevealed Cinque, I was worrying about it all the way up until the end. At first they were light purple lace, but it somehow gave the impression of an office lady in her 20's. When you caught a glimpse, instead of feeling like "oh, lucky!", it was more like, "Oops, sorry, I accidentally saw", so I rejected that."

"BTW, my(Hoshino's) highest recommendation is... Actually Seven's!! I was most fixated on hers.

My second favorite is Emin... Oops, that's still a secret."

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So far in my 3rd chapter. I kinda don't care about the story, it's kinda like they're making it obtuse but it's a bit simple once you break it down.

I'm having fun with the battle system though, but 14 characters is a bit too much.

Reveirg

Just finished my first playthrough...

O_O

Anyhow, is there anything I should know for my 2nd playthrough? Anything in particular to unlock the secret ending?

Just finished my first playthrough...

O_O

Anyhow, is there anything I should know for my 2nd playthrough? Anything in particular to unlock the secret ending?

You unlock the secret ending as soon you complete the game for the first time, it's in the History menu it'll be near the bottom of the cutscene list.

In terms of a second playthrough you get to choose alternate missions in the story so always choose the alternate. They are natural progression so their Quest LV should be above endgame.

For example
instead of fighting the Eyepatch General a second time you can do a solo-mission with Machina to see what he was doing at the time

Reveirg

Oh, I see.

Ending spoilers:
So Class Zero dying is the true ending? How/why did they die anyway? Is it going to be better explained in the 2nd playthrough? Same for Machina/Rem, not sure I completely get what happened.

Oublieux

I have been a devout Final Fantasy fan through its various (and divisive iterations), and... I finally just decided to nab a copy of this despite cutting back on my gaming purchases. It's part nostalgia, you know? The few snippet impressions I have:

• The camera is overly sensitive as many have mentioned; I find that it is less nauseating if you focus on the character/center instead while rotating since it is static.
  • The PSP roots show what with the constant fade outs and transitions; it can be a bit of a nuisance.
  • The graphics are nothing to write home about, but they are a large step up from the PSP iteration.
  • Gameplay has struck a chord with me; really enjoyable, and I am liking the diverse cast.
  • I am digging the soundtrack!

Platinum earned, it was super easy.

Well up until Chapter 7 I've really liked this game.

But dat chapter 8 tho...ugh.
I REALLY don't like the final dungeon at all and the story just put this on my face the whole time : "???".
Everything feels like they thought of something and decided to suddenly shove it in your face. The transitions are non-existent, all scenes happen without context.

Too bad because like I said, I loved the game up until the end of Chapter 7...oh well, Bloodborne in 20 hours now so let's forget about it!

Reveirg

Might as well go with some impressions after a first playthrough:

-First few hours are a bit rough: lot of stuff thrown at the same time (both story-wise and gameplay-wise), can feel overwhelming, but I prefer that over too much handholding.

-Graphically, the PSP roots definitely show especially for the camera and textures. Overall the art direction is fantastic, I absolutely love Naora's style.

-The gameplay is a blast. EVERY character is fun to play with. The world is fun to explore, it's good to have a world map again in a FF with secrets, dungeons, etc.

-The FF references are plentiful but they all feel well integrated into the game's world. I think they did a better job than ARR on that point, which IMO felt too much like a FF theme park at times.

-The game's pacing is spot-on. They're not afraid to change the formula. You could even say the story moves -too- fast, especially at the end. But it just makes me want to play again and explore the game's lore some more.

-The soundtrack is pretty awesome. I wish they han't relied so much on the same two themes, but those themes are soooo good that it didn't really matter.

-I've been waiting for this game for so long, and I'm not coming out disappointed. It's everything I wanted out of an FF spin-off. Bring on Type-1!

Oh, I see.

Ending spoilers:
So Class Zero dying is the true ending? How/why did they die anyway? Is it going to be better explained in the 2nd playthrough? Same for Machina/Rem, not sure I completely get what happened.

In my mind they were killed or at least mortally wounded in the first battle against Cid, but were revived thanks to the combined strength of Rem and Machina's l'Cie power - enter round 2 where you win. It let them defeat Cid, but it eventually ran out. To be honest the game doesn't go into it beyond that as far as I can tell. It is the true ending though.

The Machina/Rem situation is better explained in a second playthrough. Rem's part (as explained in your first playthrough) was she chose to become the Vermillion Bird l'Cie and thus her focus was to stop the White Tiger l'Cie which was Machina. By the end of your second playthrough you'll now how and why Machina became the White Tiger l'Cie.

Once you finish the 2nd playthrough make sure you've seen the unlockable cutscene "Chapter of Truth" as it's the final thing to tie everything up plot-wise.

Also you unlock a new ending when you beat it a second time which is again, viewable from the History menu. It's a fun joke what-if ending to offset the pretty dark canon ending.

Well I finished my first playthrough and just need a few more knowing tags for a platinum trophy. Even though I was spoiled about a lot of endgame stuff it didn't have any impact on my enjoyment of the ending. I'm excited to start my 2nd playthrough tomorrow and spend the next several years waiting for type next.

Shahed

Can you get weapons for everyone in Bethnal Cavern with the Behemoths? I got destroyed when I first went there in Chapter 5, but I got an insanely powerful weapon for Ace doing a SO called Platinum Deck and he can take those Behemoths down pretty fast. I just need Rem to use that Reraise move of hers.

I've got a few really good weapons for some members of the class and was wondering if everyone has one there? Or if it makes a difference which chest you open. I normally only go as far as the room with 5 chests. It's getting easier the more I do it, but it's still pretty risky. I'm in my 20's still.

Farming there for a while seems a good idea. Got some really good Magic/MP accessories and seoling the Beast Horn/Flesh has made mw like a 100k. Just wondering if all weapons appear or not

Oh okay, those are the multiplayer weapons they put into the HD version then.

Yeah, it's weird. Unfortunately there I wouldn't know how to help you then. Just keep killing enemies until you get it, if you don't have to "cash in" your kills, then it should happen automatically, I guess.

Either way, not worth to keep grinding for them, unless you really want to get overleveled before the end of the game.

If you look up a character in the Crystarium, it shows you their stats. Kill, Killsights, deaths and like. You need to press X, the touchpad or another random button

Might as well go with some impressions after a first playthrough:

-First few hours are a bit rough: lot of stuff thrown at the same time (both story-wise and gameplay-wise), can feel overwhelming, but I prefer that over too much handholding.

-Graphically, the PSP roots definitely show especially for the camera and textures. Overall the art direction is fantastic, I absolutely love Naora's style.

-The gameplay is a blast. EVERY character is fun to play with. The world is fun to explore, it's good to have a world map again in a FF with secrets, dungeons, etc.

-The FF references are plentiful but they all feel well integrated into the game's world. I think they did a better job than ARR on that point, which IMO felt too much like a FF theme park at times.

-The game's pacing is spot-on. They're not afraid to change the formula. You could even say the story moves -too- fast, especially at the end. But it just makes me want to play again and explore the game's lore some more.

-The soundtrack is pretty awesome. I wish they han't relied so much on the same two themes, but those themes are soooo good that it didn't really matter.

-I've been waiting for this game for so long, and I'm not coming out disappointed. It's everything I wanted out of an FF spin-off. Bring on Type-1!
I agree with all of these points, except I found Cinque to maybe be the one character that isn't too fun to play as, though landing a hit with her is satisfying. Rem on the other hand is a ton of fun and might be my favourite to play as. The rest of the cast is fun too and it's awesome they were able to find a different play style for all 14 characters!

Kudo

Finished 2nd chapter and really liking the game so far, I saw pictures of alternative costumes how do I unlock those?

Also should I just pick 3 characters I like to play with or all evenly? Every character feels nice but Queen is always my leader pick.

Finished 2nd chapter and really liking the game so far, I saw pictures of alternative costumes how do I unlock those?

Also should I just pick 3 characters I like to play with or all evenly? Every character feels nice but Queen is always my leader pick.

Killing numbers of enemies with each character and collecting a certain number of phantoma with each character unlocks costumes I believe (I'm not sure specifically which of those triggers the unlock. I've only unlocked summerwear for a few of the characters).

Also, I think it's best to level all characters to prepare for all situations. Favouring some isn't so bad as long as you keep the rest of the party from lagging behind.

kiryogi

Banned
To unlock summer outfits for a character, get 30 Killsights with them. Easily done in the training arena, then go do a mission and you'll get the unlock.

burgerdog

Having trouble finding any guides for this. I just want to know how many expert trials there is in chapter 7. I've done four so far, but if there's a lot more I'll just move on. I want to try and finish this today.

tdwig

Neo Member
Took me ~35 hours to plat. Still been playing it though, really really enjoyed the game. I think it's silly how much better the story is on the 2nd play through, but is definitely making me appreciate how well everything fits together now. I love that there's alternate missions for every chapter keeps the game really fresh on the 2nd playthrough!

Anko

Damn. Bloodborne came out a day early in my country. I'm gonna have to put the second playthrough off for a bit. I definitely want to plat it though. It's already at 86% complete.

I watched the "Rise from the ashes" video in the crystarium today (I wish they didn't label the story videos as new too; it's confusing).
Please bring them all back
. I'm really looking forward to the sequel!

Shahed

Anyone have issues with the Total Domination trophy? The one where you need to fight 5 battles without retreating on the World Map? I've done that so many times and it just won't pop

So are the special/"training" missions (don't know what they're called in English) that are at a much higher level than the coming story mission not recommended for first playthrough or does the game really just want you to grind 10 levels so you can do them? (It's what I did the first time I played, but now I have less time on my hands).

For example, the Lv. 35-36 missions in Ch. 3.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I might be opening up to be shot here but I didn't have any issues with the camera whatsoever and actually enjoyed how responsive it was for when fighting enemies in its 3D battle environment. I even thought this game was pretty gorgeous in some places with the graphical effects it had (minus that fucking giant sun bloom when exploring the map sometimes) but this game was definitely aesthetically pleasing. Certain battle areas (or even in the dungeons) in combination with the blur and focus made it feel like some kind of semi photo realism was happening. I enjoyed that a fair bit.

I thought the camera controls were going to be really bad from the remarks on here but I had none of those issues whatsoever and experienced much worst in a lot of other games.The only one minor time I had issues against me was when going against some of the dragons later on but that fixed itself no problem.

I am going to do a second run through next to see all the other stuff (and do the missions I couldn't do/missed out on the first time) but I really did love the pacing of this game. The music and the variations of the theme are some of the best tracks/score I've heard in the series and liked the sense of war to it. In many ways this game reminded me a lot of Nier/Drakengards' work with some of the stuff that was happening with this.

Please let there be a Type-1!

How are people playing this without getting headaches from the motion blur? It's really noticeable.

My TV is on the opposite side of the room from where I am so I'm further away. It doesn't bother me at all. Conversely I had a friend come over to pick something up and he was standing right by the TV. Within seconds he said he felt sick.

How are people playing this without getting headaches from the motion blur? It's really noticeable.

I've been known to get motion sick, so I was worried the camera would ruin the experience of what looked like an otherwise great game, but surprisingly I've had zero problems with it so far.

Apparently sitting further from the TV helps, but I sit like 2 feet from mine and I'm fine lol.

Anko

Anyone have issues with the Total Domination trophy? The one where you need to fight 5 battles without retreating on the World Map? I've done that so many times and it just won't pop

Are you fighting the right battles?
This has to be done for battles that tell you there are other enemies around and gives you the choice of continuing the fight (this will spawn the same enemies again at a higher level) or retreating. You have to finish all 5 battles, each one scaling higher in level without selecting "retreat" from the options. It's not five separate battles.

Shahed

Are you fighting the right battles?
This has to be done for battles that tell you there are other enemies around and gives you the choice of continuing the fight (this will spawn the same enemies again at a higher level) or retreating. You have to finish all 5 battles, each one scaling higher in level without selecting "retreat" from the options. It's not five separate battles.

Oh yeah. I keep fighting higher and higher level enemies without retreating until there are no more left.

Top Bottom