• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Also when i did the 1st mission random black people kept joining me @~@ (not being racist they were actually black) do my party members gain exp while these characters are fighting longside me or is there a way to turn this off

Also when i did the 1st mission random black people kept joining me @~@ (not being racist they were actually black) do my party members gain exp while these characters are fighting longside me or is there a way to turn this off

Before the mission starts they will ask you if you want SPP members to join you, you can decline. When they are in your other characters arent getting Xp, but they obviously make the fight easier and they give you SPP points that can be used to buy weapons and gear at the academy.

rybrad

Final fight of Chapter 5, and/or why I am an idiot:
I died on the five headed dragon the first time, the whole squad. Rage quit. Started again, aborted my mission. Grinded a buuunch. Got Ace his deck that went from +8 to like +43. Went back in, still get one shotted all the time. Wipe. Put down the controller out of rage, Bahamut shows up. Fuuuuck.
I didn't have this same experience luckily but I REALLY hate forced losses in games as it leads to situations like you described. I find it especially annoying in this game since you can kill things much higher level than you if you play well.

Nose Master

About that chapter 3 boss,
If you land killshots on those mechs he tries to toss at you they reflect back at it to do some damage. At least I think that's what happens; that boss fight is really hectic. But yeah, after doing that he'll fall over and then it'll be possible to damage him with non-ranged weapons for a small amount of time.

Possible? That seems to be the proper way to fight him.
You can hang out in the back of the hallway for ten seconds, he'll shoot ganon shots at you, and you hit them back 2-3 times and he falls over and takes fat crits. Really easy fight.

For the "only used Primed units in a mission" trophy, does that include reserve units? Because I completed a mission and I only ever used Primed units in the mission itself, but the trophy didn't pop.

So much funnier than it should have been. And it looks like someone answered your question!

Remember to only accent assistance when replaying missions!!

For the "only used Primed units in a mission" trophy, does that include reserve units? Because I completed a mission and I only ever used Primed units in the mission itself, but the trophy didn't pop.
Choose all cadets with a golden strip. If it's more than three, put the extras in reserve and that's it. Choose no one else and decline the option for squad support.

burgerdog

I can't believe there's not one guide online that lists all expert trial missions. I've done about 5 in chapter 7 and I may just move on with the story.

Choose all cadets with a golden strip. If it's more than three, put the extras in reserve and that's it. Choose no one else and decline the option for squad support.

That's what I figured. I had the non-gold cadets also in the Reserves, even though I didn't use them. Damn. Oh well, I'm sure I can get it on a later mission.

I can't believe there's not one guide online that lists all expert trial missions. I've done about 5 in chapter 7 and I may just move on with the story.
Tell me about it. I looked yesterday and found absolutely nothing. Disappointing.

That's what I figured. I had the non-gold cadets also in the Reserves, even though I didn't use them. Damn. Oh well, I'm sure I can get it on a later mission.
You definitely can get it later on. Although if you replay missions, the game will give prime cadets. Useful once you become overleveled and breeze through it for an S rank.

Wagram

Is this game hard? I bought it for the FF XV demo tbh but I might as well play it.

Not at all. The difficulty is not balanced properly at all. Either it's too easy (everything in the main story) or downright ridiculous (expert trials). I took down bosses solo on officer difficulty in mere seconds.

I'm not really sure how others have been dieing when bosses can go down in less than 20 seconds by taking advantage of killbreaks.

XJF

I feel like this game just hands out trophies. I'm less than 12 hours in and have 69% of the trophies. Only in chapter 3. I do like the game though.

Well yes of course lol But what factors play into making a particular cadet primed.

And the Expert Missions should wait until NG+ since they scale to your level.

I seriously think it's random. I started a mission, then turned the console off without saving and when I went to do it again later I had different primed cadets.

Well yes of course lol But what factors play into making a particular cadet primed.

And the Expert Missions should wait until NG+ since they scale to your level.
Pretty sure it's random. I had different primed cadets for chapter 3. Besides, I'm level 55+ with my characters so the expert trial wasn't tough for me.

Meowster

I'm really enjoying this. I'm about level seventeen with my main party of Eight, Trey, and Ace. We have just conquered the first optional city and and successfully invaded it. Chapter Two currently. Am I at a good level to continue or should I grind a little more?

I keep all my cadets around the same level so they're all 19-21 right now. I'm about to start mission 3, so far having fun with the game. I like how it's much darker than normal Final Fantasy games. Also is everybody getting trophies like nothing in this game? I swear I'm at 47% already I'm sure I can platinum it too without much effort.

Oh I do have a question as well, I haven't purchased any weapons for my cadets, as I don't see a reason to yet. Around what mission should I start buying my homies weapons?

Leveling up is almost too easy lol It can fuck up the flow of the game on Officer.
I think it's party due to the number of cadets, but it definitely seems like you could really break the game if you focus on a small number of them.

Also is everybody getting trophies like nothing in this game? I swear I'm at 47% already I'm sure I can platinum it too without much effort.

You get most of them from doing basic actions and there's generally one for doing an action once or a low number of times, then another for doing it more. I don't even think there's too many that are missable.

XJF

Oh I do have a question as well, I haven't purchased any weapons for my cadets, as I don't see a reason to yet. Around what mission should I start buying my homies weapons?

I can't find a good place to buy the weapons. Everyone I have only has the first upgrade to a +5 weapon.

Jawmuncher

Is it just me or is this game a bit grind heavy? I might just be in the wrong area i guess.
Currently going to lvl 22 for everyone in the area the airship will first take you. /is there a quicker area atm to use?

XJF

Is it just me or is this game a bit grind heavy? I might just be in the wrong area i guess.
Currently going to lvl 22 for everyone in the area the airship will first take you. /is there a quicker area atm to use?

Use the XP Exploit using Secret Training.

You never have to grind in the game. If you do side content, then keep 6-ish characters or so. Grinding should never be necessary.

So I'm on chapter 4...
Nooo, not
Aria! :( I started to like her when I let her speak. :'(

So, if you don't interact with her outside of the hotel, does she still come running in yelling?

Joei

So I just started playing the other day and the game seems ok. I'm near the beginning, chapter 2 I think, I'm at a school or something and was just introduced to the concept of Class 0. I have no clue what the heck is going on storywise, which I guess is understandable. And the one boss in the arena killed me a few times before I realized I had to be on point with them dodges, I kept getting killed in like 2 hits. With the two chapters, it seemed to be a fairly linear adventure, is the whole game like that? Is there any backtracking or anything or do you have an overworld and stuff to explore? It doesn't appear that way, but I know I'm really early on. Oh, and about how long is the game?

So I just started playing the other day and the game seems ok. I'm near the beginning, chapter 2 I think, I'm at a school or something and was just introduced to the concept of Class 0. I have no clue what the heck is going on storywise, which I guess is understandable. And the one boss in the arena killed me a few times before I realized I had to be on point with them dodges, I kept getting killed in like 2 hits. With the two chapters, it seemed to be a fairly linear adventure, is the whole game like that? Is there any backtracking or anything or do you have an overworld and stuff to explore? It doesn't appear that way, but I know I'm really early on. Oh, and about how long is the game?

Chapter 2 you still can't leave to the world map? Did you just start the chapter?

Anyway, in between missions the game will give you the option of going to the world map instead of just walking around talking to people at the academy. And then the world map has stuff (towns, dungeons, chocobos, etc).

And the game should be 30-35ish hours long on a first paythrough (and the game gives a lot of incentive for a NG+ if you want).

Geg

Whoops, I ran into a bug. In chapter 5 the boss fight against the guy riding on the dragon, after winning the fight one of my AI characters got stuck in the dragon's model and I wasn't able to switch to him. When I tried to advance to the next area, the game froze and I had to do the boss fight again

Joei

Chapter 2 you still can't leave to the world map? Did you just start the chapter?

Anyway, in between missions the game will give you the option of going to the world map instead of just walking around talking to people at the academy. And then the world map has stuff (towns, dungeons, chocobos, etc).

And the game should be 30-35ish hours long on a first paythrough (and the game gives a lot of incentive for a NG+ if you want).

No, I'm like, right at the beginning. I ran down some paths, fought a boss at an arena, some cutscenes, then I got introduced to the concept of Class 0, walked in a classroom, went to some cemetary, and then had to quit. It might be chapter 1, I dunno. I'm going to be able to put a few hours in tomorrow so I'll have a better grasp of the game then. 30-35 hours is great length for me. We'll see about NG+, but with Bloodborne out and some other stuff I want to play, 1 play may be all I'm able to do.

R-User!

Hey all! Gonna play this tomorrow, but saw that there was an Agito Difficulty level. Any reason if I'm fairly good at games in general that I shouldn't pick this harder difficulty? Would it ruin the flow and fun if just plowing through the game on Officer mode first? Thanks whomever!

Masked Man

I said wow
I can't believe how obvious that trap was. The soldiers outside the hotel were even saying stuff like "get in position" and "Cid's strategies are so great"

It's funny: I didn't even notice the first time I played through the game on the PSP.

No, I'm like, right at the beginning. I ran down some paths, fought a boss at an arena, some cutscenes, then I got introduced to the concept of Class 0, walked in a classroom, went to some cemetary, and then had to quit. It might be chapter 1, I dunno. I'm going to be able to put a few hours in tomorrow so I'll have a better grasp of the game then. 30-35 hours is great length for me. We'll see about NG+, but with Bloodborne out and some other stuff I want to play, 1 play may be all I'm able to do.

Oh yeah, you're very early then, don't worry, the game is not linear.

And yeah, there's a bunch of games coming out now. If you don't plan on doing a NG+ and want to know the bits of the story that the NG+ gives, then just come here.

Top Bottom