• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

I tried my damndest to finish this before Bloodborne but it didn't happen. I kind of want to keep playing it though ad wait until I finish for Bloodborne. I've been waiting over a year, so I figure a few days won't kill me.

rybrad

I tried my damndest to finish this before Bloodborne but it didn't happen. I kind of want to keep playing it though ad wait until I finish for Bloodborne. I've been waiting over a year, so I figure a few days won't kill me.
Yea that was my plan as well but I think I might actually finish tonight. I will come back for a second playthrough after Bloodborne probably.
Well, it's quite long, counting cutscenes it can be up to 1:30h. Also it is the most frustrating one regarding difficulty.
Cool, thanks for the info, sounds like I should be able to finish in time.

rybrad

Is this game hard? I bought it for the FF XV demo tbh but I might as well play it.
I would not say it is hard personally but I do think it is harder than a lot of people expect on the Officer (default?) difficulty. You have to have a decent understanding of how to best use the combat system and also dodge appropriately or you will be getting one shot a lot. You can also change the difficulty level during the game so you aren't locked in from the start.

What's the hardest dungeon / ultimate boss and how many hours of gameplay roughly to be strong enough to beat it?

Hardest dungeon as in highest level? That would be the dungeon you can only reach with the airship (the tower on the world map). But it's a very frustrating dungeon and you should not even step there if you're below level 99. Otherwise the hardest dungeon is probably the last one in the story (chapter 8).

Hardest boss I don't know as I haven't fought them yet =X

Ok.. made it to Chapter 7.

I heard that this is the chapter where I need to be sure to NOT recruit someone, or not do some quests because if I do I will lock out some cutscenes forever, even in NG+? Does anyone know about this?

Also how does NG+ work in general. Also heard that it gets rid of the time limit between missions, this true?

I heard that this is the chapter where I need to be sure to NOT recruit someone, or not do some quests because if I do I will lock out some cutscenes forever, even in NG+? Does anyone know about this?

Also how does NG+ work in general. Also heard that it gets rid of the time limit between missions, this true?

No idea what this is talking about >.>

And NG+ gives you an item to add more time, but it's still there.

Setzer

I really want to enjoy this game but the camera/blur is making it very difficult. Really wish there was an option for sensitivity.

Please elaborate more on this. I also just reached chapter 7. Where did you hear this?

Flandy

I'm sure this has already been asked a ton, but should I be leveling everyone equally? If so, should I just constantly switch characters during missions, come back and grind later, or something else?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I just started the game, barely made past half of the 2nd chapter. Just a curiosity, does the story ever gets less sparse and lacking? It's a bit boring for now narration-wise.

I'm sure this has already been asked a ton, but should I be leveling everyone equally? If so, should I just constantly switch characters during missions, come back and grind later, or something else?

I think most people recommend 6 strong characters that you feel comfortable fighting with. I really only had 3 but there were a few missions where this strategy came back to bite me because they split you up into 2 teams sometimes.

So i had 1 really strong team and 1 really weak team.

DNAbro

I'm using everyone. I die a lot but having so many characters near each other it balances out.

No idea what this is talking about >.>

And NG+ gives you an item to add more time, but it's still there.

Please elaborate more on this. I also just reached chapter 7. Where did you hear this?

There was talk about it in a gamefaqs thread:
Spoilering it just in case:

I haven't played the game yet as I'm hooked on XV demo, but will start playing later today :D Anyway, based on what I've read in various topics it is my understanding that:

* There are four permanently missable scenes in the game. These involve Ryid, Carla, Quon and Mutsuki.
(There are more missables in the game, but they can all be obtained through NG+)

* These four characters will join Class Zero in chapter 7 if you complete their sidequests. This is a permanent recruitment that will carry over on every subsequent playthrough.

* However, if they are not recruited you can track them down in the Academy during chapter 8 to trigger the infamous missable cutscenes. This is only possible during your first playthrough though.

In other words, I think it should be safe to do just about anything you want in the game except complete their final requests because that's what will trigger their disappearance in chapter 8. I don't think the Naghi character matters since he doesn't have a missable cutscene in chapter 8 and finishing his sidequest will not make any of the other four characters that do have missable cutscenes join you.

Feel free to correct me if anything doesn't seem right!

Ixion

Question:

For leveling up characters, I'm assuming it's more efficient to just fight out in the field, rather than use the arena training simulation, which only has you use one character at a time?

Man the beginning of this game is weeeiiiiirrrrrddd

Like NOTHING is explained, at all.

I'm going to keep going but I'm not feeling it right now after about 1.5 hours

Ixion

Yeah, the beginning was very off-putting for me as well, but it gets more enjoyable once you get into the flow of the game. I think that's because the gameplay is more interesting than the story.

Yeah, the beginning was very off-putting for me as well, but it gets more enjoyable once you get into the flow of the game. I think that's because the gameplay is more interesting than the story.

Yeah that's the angle I'm taking at it right now. I definitely see the promise the combat can hold right now early on.

DNAbro

reading a bit of the backstory and talking to npcs at the start really helped me understand a bit of what was going on.

Anko

The story made more sense to me the second time through, due to flashbacks/revelations that come later on.

There are occasionally some extra cut scenes available in the crystarium so if they tell you that something was unlocked, don't forget to go watch it.

Onaco

I just started and wow... This game is fucking UGLY. Like, I understand it was meant for Vita, but when I see a character who looked like an N64 would have easily rendered next to a character who would have looked fine on a PS2, that's pretty obvious there was no effort put into this port.

Also, WHY is the default option always Return to Title Screen when I die instead of Load Game?

There was talk about it in a gamefaqs thread:
Spoilering it just in case:

Oh, those scenes.

Yeah, but unless you really learned the battle system or cheesed the levels with the exploit, you probably won't be able to finish the quests necessary to
recruit them
. They all ask for something kinda ridiculous on your first playthrough (like, go get an item in a level 70 dungeon, and stuff like that).

Also, no, they're not playable characters.

I just started and wow... This game is fucking UGLY. Like, I understand it was meant for Vita, but when I see a character who looked like an N64 would have easily rendered next to a character who would have looked fine on a PS2, that's pretty obvious there was no effort put into this port.

Also, WHY is the default option always Return to Title Screen when I die instead of Load Game?

It was a PSP game, not a Vita. And yes, there was a big effort put into the port: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzt2XEgFixQ

Geg

Yeah the game definitely could have used a better intro. You get kind of a barebones introduction to a few members of Class 0 and the rest are just dropped in your lap at the start of Chapter 2 without any introduction to their personalities or abilities

Guys I'm about 2 hrs in and have a few questions

1. Do I need to level up all the characters or is it possible to do a playthrough using only a few?

2. With the time system between missions is it possible to miss stuff?

Where exactly did they drop the ultima bomb because i have no idea

1. Do I need to level up all the characters or is it possible to do a playthrough using only a few?

1- Keep around 6-ish characters and that should be easily manageable

2- Yes, but usually nothing important (the cutscenes you trigger with NPCs being the most important missable). There are missables that are not really dependent on the time in-between missions (such as the airship).

3-
It was in one of the nations, once you can see the world map, look at the top for a part that has a dark circle, that is the hole caused by the bomb. It wiped (almost) an entire nation.

Maggots

Banned
I was pleasantly surprised by the gameplay!! really fun to play

I heard there was chocobo breeding after chapter 2... so I only was going to play until then but I sort of got sucked into the gameplay... I'm glad it's this enjoyable.

jimmypython

1- Keep around 6-ish characters and that should be easily manageable

2- Yes, but usually nothing important (the cutscenes you trigger with NPCs being the most important missable). There are missables that are not really dependent on the time in-between missions (such as the airship).

3-
It was in one of the nations, once you can see the world map, look at the top for a part that has a dark circle, that is the hole caused by the bomb. It wiped (almost) an entire nation.

more of a "HOSHI we don't have enough time/$$/disc space to put the content for that nation let's just bomb that shit out" typa situation to me lol...
in fact
they had the whole back story/towns planned for the tortoise nation, as seen in the official art book

that said, the game is still better than
ff13

stay gold

Technically you can but its hard to get the items/spells to do it. But you should always have at least 1 ranged character and at least 1 character with cure.

Wonderful. Ace got killed in a bullshit cutscene. Trey died in the pre-boss fight, and i've currently got Jack doing 7 damage per shot to the boss.

Nose Master

Final fight of Chapter 5, and/or why I am an idiot:
I died on the five headed dragon the first time, the whole squad. Rage quit. Started again, aborted my mission. Grinded a buuunch. Got Ace his deck that went from +8 to like +43. Went back in, still get one shotted all the time. Wipe. Put down the controller out of rage, Bahamut shows up. Fuuuuck.

Wonderful. Ace got killed in a bullshit cutscene. Trey died in the pre-boss fight, and i've currently got Jack doing 7 damage per shot to the boss.

If you feel like you arent strong enough to win you can always abort mission and keep the XP/phantoma you've earned and come back later.

But remember, the most important part against boss fights isnt just oberwhelming them with attacks, see when the yellow circle appears and target that. That and dodging is the most important part of the battle system.

(The A.I. is going to die alot against strong opponents, so dont feel like you are doing something wrong).

Geg

About that chapter 3 boss,
If you land killshots on those mechs he tries to toss at you they reflect back at it to do some damage. At least I think that's what happens; that boss fight is really hectic. But yeah, after doing that he'll fall over and then it'll be possible to damage him with non-ranged weapons for a small amount of time.

stay gold

Yeah i've just about managed to muddle through it. Got wiped on the boss fight after that but it still said Complete somehow lol. I really need to work on levelling my scrubs.

WarAdept

Is there a way to play Solo for the world map and such? Playing on Agito difficulty for my first time and the AI is just pants on head retarded. Every time a world map battle starts, the AI died and there goes 2 of my party members that I can't use until I revive them at a town.

Thank god you can go solo in missions and the game doesn't automatically refresh your party slots per screen.

Top Bottom