• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

So, I'm not the first to discover this, but there's a pretty fucking ridiculous Exploit to gain tons of XP using the secret training system..

Basically:

1. Set your PS4 to Offline mode
  2. Start the game
  3. Select a character
  4. Go to the Akademia Arena
  5. Talk to the Secret Training guy (on the right)
  6. Save the game
  7. Go to your PS4 Settings
  8. Select Date and Time, and flick the date forward a day (EDIT: Secret Training caps out at 24 Hours)
  9. Load your game, and voila, shit-tons of XP.
  10. Set your date back (you don't even have to close the game!) and save. Rinse, Repeat, Level 99 for everyone in a couple of hours. o_O

I mean.. Wow.. wonder how long it will take for this to get patched?

don't even need it in offline mode

What are some good set-ups for Ace, Queen, Rem, and Deuce when it comes to abilities and magic? Queen and Ace are level 50 where as everyone else is low to mid 40s.

Good lord is the dialogue beyond terrible for this game. Any interest I had for the "dark" story went away with the god awful, elementary exposition. Don't even get me started on the one party member that is extremely volatile over the slightest thing and uses "yo" after every sentence.

finfantasy

Neo Member
Alright thanks! I guess I have to find those other greens now :D

Speaking of chocobos, do you need to hatch 100 in a single playthrough to get the trophy? Or does that carry to NG+?

What I did for the chocobo trophy was to keep a main save, and then start making chocobos until the daytime was consumed. After that, just reload and repeat until you get 100.

By the way, about endgame activities

There's only 2 endings, right? After getting the platinum trophy I discovered that there's much more to do in the game: ultima weapons, 8-arm gilgamesh, full summon list.. And I thought I was done.

Played a bit more now, I have mixed thoughts on the game. I'm still early on, but... Loving the combat and having so many different characters that feel and play differently. That's great stuff. But the area design is painfully PSP-ish which makes sense I know, but it still sucks. A town being a giant square is hilarious even for PSP standards. And the mission areas I've been in so far have been very samey and boring to explore. The main saving grace is really that the combat is fun.

Also, I hate the time limit stuff in the game. Why won't they just let you talk to everyone you want to in between missions and start the next one when you feel like it? I don't even really like time limits in Majora's Mask or Lightning Returns, but at least they make sense considering the story. Doesn't really make sense here and I don't know why they felt the need to add it.

I've played very little of this game so far and I already hate Ace to the very core. I'm guessing that he's not likely to do much to change that either by what I've seen.

The dialogue is admittedly awful. There seems to be a dramatic pause for almost every word so far too.

Done. Chapter 8 was a tad confusing but still felt rewarding. Is there a lot of stuff exclusive to NG+?

Also, they really nailed the main theme for this game.

When do you even unlock the arena?
After a few missions it should unlock. It's just a training ground though.

What are some good set-ups for Ace, Queen, Rem, and Deuce when it comes to abilities and magic? Queen and Ace are level 50 where as everyone else is low to mid 40s.
I have Ace with the triple laser and teleport card (no idea what the names of the abilities in the HD version are); Queen I just have two magic equipped because she can cancel into the -Ga versions, and Rem I give one magic and one for that AoE ability she has that drains MP from enemies. Oh, and for Deuce I just use the stun and the healing music.

Good lord is the dialogue beyond terrible for this game. Any interest I had for the "dark" story went away with the god awful, elementary exposition. Don't even get me started on the one party member that is extremely volatile over the slightest thing and uses "yo" after every sentence.
Just change to JP voices, they're way better.

sensui-tomo

Jesus.....

Pixels, drawing or w/e, pedophilia is still pedophilia.

Are any of the non-real characters 13 and under? if not, doesnt count(youngest character is 16 of the main cast), i think the term would be paedophilia since its a minor above the age of 13 and below 18but eh as long as someone doesnt act out in real life on impulses they can like whatever it is they like in the privacy of their room XD.
But on to more important things than panty shots in FF, i'm really liking the game, not having an issue with the bad motion blur (could be better but i'm not getting sick from it) and love trying the cast out (seems like i'm maining king and seven alot)

ZeroX03

Banned
So, I'm not the first to discover this, but there's a pretty fucking ridiculous Exploit to gain tons of XP using the secret training system..

Basically:

2. Start the game
  3. Select a character
  6. Save the game
  8. Select Date and Time, and flick the date forward a day (EDIT: Secret Training caps out at 24 Hours)
  10. Set your date back (you don't even have to close the game!) and save. Rinse, Repeat, Level 99 for everyone in a couple of hours. o_O [EDIT: YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DO THIS! Just restart the secret training, go back to the title screen, and flick the date forward another day!)

You don't have to go offline, just set your date/time to manual. You also don't have to set your date back each time, just once at the end.

LAA

What the hell is happening?
I have to admit I used the trick to level up some characters quickly, ace at 99, the rest at 50ish.
Then I got SCREWED in chapter 5/6 so badly.
The dragon boss in chapter 5 killed 14!!!! except for 1 characters one hit kiling all my characters, thankfully managed to beat with my last one, but still.
Then I thought Gilgamesh in Chapter 6, not quite as bad, but two left, its just ridiculous
You were supposed to be level 20ish? at this point, I'm 30 levels above and I'm still getting my ass handed to me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

NateDog

My second playthrough? Around 40-50 hours since I don't use walkthroughs and I basically had to figure out the Emina and Kazusa quests almost entirely on trial and error. I also do nothing a lot of the time (just walking around or just going through the Behemoth cave over and over again).

Most of my characters are actually level 50 (but I level up all of them, except Machina).

I plan on taking on Gilgamesh, the Darkness of Suzaku, and MAYBE the Tower of Agito during my third playthrough. I might not do the Tower though because fuck that, having to kill 100 enemies every time is pretty tiring. The 99 Lopros is another one that I'm unsure if I'll do, because, again, f that (I might do it while listening to a podcast or something though).
Oh, and I only have one growth egg because I messed up and lost the rest =P

Would that sound like an orchestra or like hell? >.>

Yeah I level up everyone too, although at this stage I kind of just want to keep a select few, with the amount of time it's taken to get my 4 up to 70+ I really don't know if I can do the same with another 10 and then go on from there. I think the
Lopros
one isn't too bad. It's a bit of a pain but it's a perfect area for levelling up and getting good phantoma so I don't mind. It'll take some time but it should be good. I'm just getting a little pained because I know I'll need 4 playthroughs to do everything because of the quest where
you have to have I think Enra, Quon, Naghi, Carla and Mutsuki all joined Class 0
and I just want to say I did everything. But I'm also missing a few things like
spells such as Ultima and the likes

Ah I forgot about Kazusa's (Quon, right? Or am I getting confused) thing. Weird thing is I got some of those events in my first playthrough and then they never reappeared then or in my current playthrough.

lewisgone

Basically:

2. Start the game
  3. Select a character
  6. Save the game
  10. Set your date back (you don't even have to close the game!) and save. Rinse, Repeat, Level 99 for everyone in a couple of hours. o_O [EDIT: YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO DO THIS! Just restart the secret training, go back to the title screen, and flick the date forward another day!)

Well, there's no trophies tied to level progression (in fact, they're all very easy) and the game doesn't have online or anything so I can't see it getting in patched. Really, there's no way to patch it without removing the feature entirely. It's your file, you can do what you want with it.

I have to admit I used the trick to level up some characters quickly, ace at 99, the rest at 50ish.
The dragon boss in chapter 5 killed 14!!!! except for 1 characters one hit kiling all my characters, thankfully managed to beat with my last one, but still.
Then I thought Gilgamesh in Chapter 6, not quite as bad, but two left, its just ridiculous
You were supposed to be level 20ish? at this point, I'm 30 levels above and I'm still getting my ass handed to me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

You can lose against Gilgamesh and the dragon (if I remember right) and the game continues anyway.

Is that the fight where it's on the ice, and dark, and you can't really see the dragon until it starts attacking?

If so, then you were supposed to lose that battle... You just missed a really cool cutscene btw.

Yeah I level up everyone too, although at this stage I kind of just want to keep a select few, with the amount of time it's taken to get my 4 up to 70+ I really don't know if I can do the same with another 10 and then go on from there. I think the
Lopros
one isn't too bad. It's a bit of a pain but it's a perfect area for levelling up and getting good phantoma so I don't mind. It'll take some time but it should be good. I'm just getting a little pained because I know I'll need 4 playthroughs to do everything because of the quest where
you have to have I think Enra, Quon, Naghi, Carla and Mutsuki all joined Class 0
and I just want to say I did everything. But I'm also missing a few things like
spells such as Ultima and the likes

I didn't do a lot of those either, I guess I'll do it now.

I don't know if I'll level up everyone or not.

LAA

Is that the fight where it's on the ice, and dark, and you can't really see the dragon until it starts attacking?

If so, then you were supposed to lose that battle... You just missed a really cool cutscene btw.

I didn't do a lot of those either, I guess I'll do it now.

I don't know if I'll level up everyone or not.

Yeah thats right... oh crap, ha ha. I don't know, it seems type 0 has a ton of stuff to do and see, and requires a ton of playthroughs seemingly

Jawmuncher

So I just realized there is another costume. Is there more than that or is it just the two?
Also how do I make my own team wear one costume, or are these just unlocked one by one?

Well, there's no trophies tied to level progression (in fact, they're all very easy) and the game doesn't have online or anything so I can't see it getting in patched. Really, there's no way to patch it without removing the feature entirely. It's your file, you can do what you want with it.

Got a feeling this is gonna be pretty big in the Speedrun circles. :p

Yeah thats right... oh crap, ha ha. I don't know, it seems type 0 has a ton of stuff to do and see, and requires a ton of playthroughs seemingly

It has, but that was not really something missable (unless you cheesed the levels =P)

That dragon is very difficult to fight no matter the level.

LAA

It has, but that was not really something missable (unless you cheesed the levels =P)

That dragon is very difficult to fight no matter the level.

Yeah I regret doing that really. I only did it because I wanted to do those expert challenges when I got then (TO avoid needing more playthroughs to platinum), but I may probably play more anyway.
Just saw a video now of what should have happened there, ha ha, damn missed special summon... Would that have been unlocked to use at any time after that, or is that a one time use thing?

Yeah I regret doing that really. I only did it because I wanted to do those expert challenges when I got then (TO avoid needing more playthroughs to platinum), but I may probably play more anyway.
Just saw a video now of what should have happened there, ha ha, damn missed special summon... Would that have been unlocked to use at any time after that, or is that a one time use thing?

You don't unlock it there, but Bahamut is an unlockable summon later, yeah.

Also, you don't need to do the expert challenges for platinum (at least I don't think so).

LAA

You don't unlock it there, but Bahamut is an unlockable summon later, yeah.

Also, you don't need to do the expert challenges for platinum (at least I don't think so).

Ah cool to hear.
You sorta did from what I understand...Theres one trophy to visit and liberate all cities, and it required you to do some expert quests to do that for some cities it seemed

mekes

Played for the first time tonight and I'm really enjoying it. Its the PS/PS2 kind of experience I was hoping it would be. Will defo play more :)

Ah cool to hear.
You sorta did from what I understand...Theres one trophy to visit and liberate all cities, and it required you to do some expert quests to do that for some cities it seemed

Oh okay, I thought that was automatically received when all of the world map becomes available at the end of the game =X

LAA

Oh okay, I thought that was automatically received when all of the world map becomes available at the end of the game =X

Maybe you're right... I just found this task where the pre-request was to do this expert mission or until this area is under dominion rule, implying the expert quest seems to just speed things up?
Should mention though, I weirdly got the trophy in like chapter 4, and I got another expert quest now about liberating another area. Unless that area doesnt contain any other cities, it seems the trophy just unlocked early for me?

The trophy guide I was looking at isnt that good it seems...ha ha, makes it sound like a lot of trophies are missable (at least for another playthrough). Still I sorta like to get the most I can get done in the "free time".

Maybe you're right... I just found this task where the pre-request was to do this expert mission or until this area is under dominion rule, implying the expert quest seems to just speed things up?
Should mention though, I weirdly got the trophy in like chapter 4, and I got another expert quest now about liberating another area. Unless that area doesnt contain any other cities, it seems the trophy just unlocked early for me?

The trophy guide I was looking at isnt that good it seems...ha ha, makes it sound like a lot of trophies are missable (at least for another playthrough). Still I sorta like to get the most I can get done in the "free time".

Well, now you've started it, so go all the way =P

I don't know for sure either.

Technically if it says YOU have to liberate them, then you're doing it right, because otherwise they will be liberated automatically between chapters.

MilkBeard

What garbage games have you been playing? Because Type-0 sounds really bad.

It approaches Star Ocean 4 at times.

Lol okay. I'm not going to argue about it. I just find the complaints about the dub to be a bit dramatic. It's not bad for a localization in general.

EDIT: I think you should go back and paly SO4 again. This is not even in the same league. C'mon.

After finishing the game, I realize there's one thing I expected that never showed up
shouldn't there be another Class Zero member? I mean, they're all very obviously named after playing cards but there's no Ten. It skips from Nine to Jack. Is this a reveal after finishing the game or just an oversight?

Kama_1082

Banned
What I did for the chocobo trophy was to keep a main save, and then start making chocobos until the daytime was consumed. After that, just reload and repeat until you get 100.

By the way, about endgame activities

There's only 2 endings, right? After getting the platinum trophy I discovered that there's much more to do in the game: ultima weapons, 8-arm gilgamesh, full summon list.. And I thought I was done.
I fucked up the plat because I didn't do the side quests for the ship. -_-

Geg

Completely disagree. There are slight annoyances but it is miles better than other Japanese games that have been localized.

By FF standards, yeah it's pretty terrible.

As someone who usually prefers original Japanese to dubs, I think X, XII, and XIII had pretty good dubs, with a few exceptions like Vanille. Type-0's is just all around not good

After finishing the game, I realize there's one thing I expected that never showed up
shouldn't there be another Class Zero member? I mean, they're all very obviously named after playing cards but there's no Ten. It skips from Nine to Jack. Is this a reveal after finishing the game or just an oversight?

Not really. You have Tiz and Joker, but they're not meant to be a part of Class Zero, they're related to... other stuff.

Is the Japanese VO any better?

Way better. Yes

Jawmuncher

Yeah for a FF game Type-0 is definitely one of the weakest from what I have played for VA.
Still it's more than tolerable though. I haven't had anything annoying or grating enough that has made me want to change to Japanese audio.

Well aside from KUUUUUUUPPPPOOOOOOOO.

Top Bottom