• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

NateDog

Those quests carry through playthroughs, that's why you didn't see it twice.

Also, Kazusa and Quon are two different people entirely =P, I'm assuming you're talking about Kazusa.

Man I don't even know. The Kazusa quests (from what I read) involve his lab or something but I only did like two of those in the first playthrough.

Man I don't even know. The Kazusa quests (from what I read) involve his lab or something but I only did like two of those in the first playthrough.

That's enough for those two to carry over between playthroughs =P

But yeah, it takes a while to complete his quest (I haven't finished it myself).

Not really. You have Tiz and Joker, but they're not meant to be a part of Class Zero, they're related to... other stuff.
I guess that does answer my question though
After looking it up, "Tiz" is Hungarian for Ten.

I really want to replay the game. I'll probably do my second playthrough after Bloodborne. I'm honestly surprised they made the trophies so easy to get on a single playthrough when there's apparently so much to do afterwards. Not that I would need them as an incentive to replay the game anyway.

Oh yeah but aren't there about 7 of them to do? I was wondering why no others showed up.
7? As in, 7 other characters with quests like that?

You have... Naghi, Carla, Mutsuki, Quon, Reid, and... I don't know, Emina and Kazusa if you want to count, that would make 7.

But Emina's and Kazusa's quests are different than the rest, and they also take longer to do.

Also, if it's related to them, then they should have showed up, I don't know what happened there...

I guess that does answer my question though
After looking it up, "Tiz" is Hungarian for Ten.

I really want to replay the game. I'll probably do my second playthrough after Bloodborne. I'm honestly surprised they made the trophies so easy to get on a single playthrough when there's apparently so much to do afterwards. Not that I would need them as an incentive to replay the game anyway.
I don't mind personally, I don't care much for trophies.

But I would be amused by the reactions if they tied a trophy to a second playthrough =P

NateDog

7? As in, 7 other characters with quests like that?

You have... Naghi, Carla, Mutsuki, Quon, Reid, and... I don't know, Emina and Kazusa if you want to count, that would make 7.

But Emina's and Kazusa's quests are different than the rest, and they also take longer to do.

Also, if it's related to them, then they should have showed up, I don't know what happened there...

No I mean I thought there were 7 people you had to do Kazusa's quests with? I only did them with Cater and one other person I think.

So... How long do Tasks hang around? Like 7 new tasks spawned after I did a mission and I only have 1 day, 12 hours left to do them all (plus any "classes" I want to take with Moglin). And the dumb thing is, you can only accept one task at a time, wtf. Is it impossible to do every task before mission day then? Do they ever give any crazy good rewards or should I just not worry about finishing them all?

No I mean I thought there were 7 people you had to do Kazusa's quests with? I only did them with Cater and one other person I think.
Oohhhh, I get it. Yeah, you have. The best thing you do for that is checking a list to see which characters are missing for you, since you can get the same cutscene twice with different characters.

And you have to do it twice, so after the first 7 there are more 7.

Any idea how to reset the Bethnel cave chests? It's the behemoth infested cave.
Some chests reset, some don't.

Most of the treasure chests in that cave reset though...

So... How long do Tasks hang around? Like 7 new tasks spawned after I did a mission and I only have 1 day, 12 hours left to do them all (plus any "classes" I want to take with Moglin). And the dumb thing is, you can only accept one task at a time, wtf. Is it impossible to do every task before mission day then? Do they ever give any crazy good rewards or should I just not worry about finishing them all?
It doesn't take time away to accept them, so the ones that ask for an item specifically you can just get the item beforehand, accept the quest and immediately complete it.

When does the manga take place? Also do I need to level everyone or can I just play the characters I like?

It's a prequel if I'm not mistaken and yes. Just be sure to keep at least 5-6 characters leveled.

It doesn't take time away to accept them, so the ones that ask for an item specifically you can just get the item beforehand, accept the quest and immediately complete it.

Some of them want you to kill enemies for them, so you have to accept those before you leave the town. On the ones that just want specific items, that's fine. You can do those while doing other tasks, but.. not the ones that want enemies dead (and no items in return).

Jawmuncher

Its just the females though right?

Sorry for the million questions, but I guess I'm still confused on how to effectively use time, is it best to always complete tasks before anything else?

I think it's for all. Because I have the Spear users alt as well and I did nothing special with him but grind levels.

What's the point of stuff like... Drill Manual? The items that just have a bit of description, that you find in dungeons.
Where did you get that? What icon does it have in the menu?

Some of them want you to kill enemies for them, so you have to accept those before you leave the town. On the ones that just want specific items, that's fine. You can do those while doing other tasks, but.. not the ones that want enemies dead (and no items in return).
Yes, if you do it that way you should be able to do all tasks and all the other stuff too (just not the expert trials, but that's meant for NG+ anyway).

Is there a way to check the statistics of each character as they relate to the special bounties at the end of each mission? For example, you get rewards for harvesting 10, 50, or 100 phantoma for each character. But i lose track of who has gotten these and how far along they are. And there's probably some I don't even know exist so haven't tried meeting the conditions for.

Eh, not in Chapter 3 lol almost all of them want you to kill enemies or use skills that must be done separately lol

Hmm, I remember being able to do pretty much all of them (except the ones that had a high recommended level, and the ones related to multiplayer).

Maybe the ones related to multiplayer got turned into killing quests? >.>

idk then.

So, this thing is following me even after i beat the game again....cant harvest anything and its a level 200 enemy so i cant kill it....there has to be a way to get rid of this right?

Haha, that's one of the super bosses.

It leaves after a while (the moogle tells you when it happens).

Got to chapter 7 and WOW I love the game so far great combat and great story its a 9/10 so far for me I hope the game continues like this I've been having a blast.

whats the best way to get better equipment? i assumed new vendors since they have better gear in the newer venders in the other regions, but then i got a new deck of cards for ace doing one of those suicide missions. also, can you buy new weapons for the support points? i may need to start farming those

whats the best way to get better equipment? i assumed new vendors since they have better gear in the newer venders in the other regions, but then i got a new deck of cards for ace doing one of those suicide missions. also, can you buy new weapons for the support points? i may need to start farming those

From vendors and from treasure chests are your best bet imo.

As for buying with SP points, I don't know unfortunately, I played the PSP version and SP worked differently there.

khaaan

Was finally able to put in some more time this weekend. So if I have the flow of the game correct, you spend time between missions doing training, tasks, and talking to characters with exclamations above their heads? Is there one thing that yields better rewards than others? Do the conversations that advance time offer non-story building elements?

You can rewatch videos from the library or the main menu.

I checked it out but unfortunately it doesn't help me out much. The intro credits are tied to the sequence of cutscenes before it so I still have to sit through them if I want to watch it. It doesn't work like some other cutscenes either where skipping takes you to the next scene. Ah well, I'm sure I'll catch a YouTube link eventually. Thanks for the suggestion though.

DNAbro

Was finally able to put in some more time this weekend. So if I have the flow of the game correct, you spend time between missions doing training, tasks, and talking to characters with exclamations above their heads? Is there one thing that yields better rewards than others? Do the conversations that advance time offer non-story building elements?

I checked it out but unfortunately it doesn't help me out much. The intro credits are tied to the sequence of cutscenes before it so I still have to sit through them if I want to watch it. It doesn't work like some other cutscenes either where skipping takes you to the next scene. Ah well, I'm sure I'll catch a YouTube link eventually. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You get items/stat boosts from some conversations.

Uhyve

So, I just wanna get as many of the cutscenes as possible, it's not gonna hurt that much if I do that right? I assume leveling up gets your stats up? Because I'm cool with grinding.

Yeah, conversations offer a bunch of different stuff in terms of story.

And yeah, some cutscenes are tied to each other. Some can be skipped to in chunks instead of everything at once, but not all.

So, I just wanna get as many of the cutscenes as possible, it's not gonna hurt that much if I do that right? I assume leveling up gets your stats up? Because I'm cool with grinding.
Yeah, you can do that. You have enough time to get all the cutscenes and do some tasks and trips to the world map too.

14 hours in and still really loving this game! I'm taking it sorta slowly as I do most RPGs so I'm only on Chapter 3, but leveling all 14 characters and doing side content between missions is so addictive and makes for very enjoyable pacing. And I'm really glad that this having been a PSP game originally caused it to have the structure that it has because I love it this way.

Is there a way to check the statistics of each character as they relate to the special bounties at the end of each mission? For example, you get rewards for harvesting 10, 50, or 100 phantoma for each character. But i lose track of who has gotten these and how far along they are. And there's probably some I don't even know exist so haven't tried meeting the conditions for.

Anyone?

Also what are the rewards for turning in knowing tags? Should i be holding onto them until i get a certain number?

Anyone?

Also what are the rewards for turning in knowing tags? Should i be holding onto them until i get a certain number?

I don't think there's any way of checking that... But I don't think there's a reason to do that either.

And for knowing tags, the more you turn in the better the item (but I don't think it ever gets anything important, just random items).

I don't think there's any way of checking that... But I don't think there's a reason to do that either.

And for knowing tags, the more you turn in the better the item (but I don't think it ever gets anything important, just random items).

Well the reason is knowing which characters I should be playing as to unlock stuff. If i already killed 200 enemies with Jack for example, i need to switch to playing someone else

zoutlaw

Banned
I failed in my mission to complete this game before Bloodborne.

I thought it was 25 hours long, but I'm at 25 hours and I'm at Chapter 5 only.

I'm gone all of this week until Friday for work, and I know the second I get home I'm all over BB instead of Type-0.

By the time I get done with BB, MKX comes out, and by the time I'm burnt out on that to want a SP only experience, Witcher 3 will hit. So it looks like I won't be touching this until June/July.

Finished a second playthrough of this game on a lower difficulty and it was much more enjoyable than I thought. It was worth it for
the alternate ending.

Also, the New Game+ in this game is pretty amazing. You get to keep EVERYTHING and it makes it more enticing to play the game again. Are there any optional super-bosses?

dcassell

Banned
8 hours in, just beat chapter 3 and am leveling up to lvl 22 for the 6 characters I like.

Any tips on weapons? I can't seem to find an upgrade past what is in the Armory at the start of the game. Is there a town where I'll be able to upgrade soon? The game has been a nice challenge, I just don't want to get left behind as to when I'm supposed to upgrade.

Well the reason is knowing which characters I should be playing as to unlock stuff. If i already killed 200 enemies with Jack for example, i need to switch to playing someone else
Oh, okay, that is to unlock something that wasn't on the PSP then I'm guessing =X

But yeah, no way of checking that AFAIK. Is it to unlock the costumes? If so, just keep killing enemies until you can change the clothing in a save point (you do it in the equipment menu).

Finished a second playthrough of this game on a lower difficulty and it was much more enjoyable than I thought. It was worth it for
the alternate ending.

Also, the New Game+ in this game is pretty amazing. You get to keep EVERYTHING and it makes it more enticing to play the game again. Are there any optional super-bosses?
Yup, and a super dungeon too, but you need to use the airship to get there (and the super dungeon might not be really worth it).

8 hours in, just beat chapter 3 and am leveling up to lvl 22 for the 6 characters I like.

Any tips on weapons? I can't seem to find an upgrade past what is in the Armory at the start of the game. Is there a town where I'll be able to upgrade soon? The game has been a nice challenge, I just don't want to get left behind as to when I'm supposed to upgrade.
I don't remember at the beginning, so I'm guessing at the beginning there's not much.

But eventually you get more weapons, yes.

Reveirg

So about that "choice" in chapter 8... Without spoiling anything, what should I choose or how should I proceed if I want to see most of the content possible? I intend to do a 2nd playthrough too.

And I'm really glad that this having been a PSP game originally caused it to have the structure that it has because I love it this way.
It was my biggest worry going in. Instead, I'm being treated with some of the best pacing I've seen in a RPG for a long time. This game is everything I expected and some more!

If you accept the backup at the beginning of each mission you get SPP which can be used to buy better weapons then the ones in the armory. Also in the Iscah region there is a town that has a shop that sells even better weapons then both of those.

dcassell

Banned
If you accept the backup at the beginning of each mission you get SPP which can be used to buy better weapons then the ones in the armory. Also in the Iscah region the first town you see has a shop that sells even better weapons then both of those.

Ah, gotcha. I'll have to go back and grind a few to get points then. I've been completely avoiding it so my party could level up easier.

So about that "choice" in chapter 8... Without spoiling anything, what should I choose or how should I proceed if I want to see most of the content possible? I intend to do a 2nd playthrough too.
It was my biggest worry going in. Instead, I'm being treated with some of the best pacing I've seen in a RPG for a long time. This game is everything I expected and some more!

I'll spoil tag anyway, but
pick the second option and then after you beat the game go check what the first option did, as it's not really worth it going that route, even for a NG+.

Reveirg

I'll spoil tag anyway, but
pick the second option and then after you beat the game go check what the first option did, as it's not really worth it going that route, even for a NG+.

Alright! Thanks for answering yet another of my questions, much appreciated =)

Oh, okay, that is to unlock something that wasn't on the PSP then I'm guessing =X

But yeah, no way of checking that AFAIK. Is it to unlock the costumes? If so, just keep killing enemies until you can change the clothing in a save point (you do it in the equipment menu)..

Not only costumes. Don't you get weapon upgrade this way too?

Top Bottom