• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Don't know if anyone knows the answer to this, but can I use cross-play on a US version of FFX-2 on the Vita with a UK bought physical copy of FFX-2?

Don't know if anyone knows the answer to this, but can I use cross-play on a US version of FFX-2 on the Vita with a UK bought physical copy of FFX-2?

Nope you need the same region I bought US version on vita as was impatient. Got the uk ps3 version and the game says it can't share the save as different region was detected. Had to buy a vita UK version. Still anything for ff12 hd on vita lol

Audioboxer

Got my LE copy yesterday, a day late from Zavvi, I guess that's "good".

Waiting on my guide to arrive now, I know the updated guide is probably near identical to the original but I want to platinum both games :)

Surprisingly for a JRPG fan, put me in the camp who never played FFX-2! So I'm eager to do so.

I just realised that there's an image of Lightning on the back of the Limited Edition, dressed up in Yuna garb.

That sullen bint truly is inescapable.

ramyeon

Just got the airship after beating
Yunalesca
and decided to try some Blitzball tournaments. Beat the Ronso's easy, but the Al Bhed Psyches were a different story. It was a stalemate for most of the time until I finally got a goal in the second overtime.

Can anyone recommend some players for that point in the game? Basically I want players good enough to carry me through to get Wakka's limits and Celestial Weapon stuff.

grimmiq

Just got the airship after beating
Yunalesca
and decided to try some Blitzball tournaments. Beat the Ronso's easy, but the Al Bhed Psyches were a different story. It was a stalemate for most of the time until I finally got a goal in the second overtime.

Can anyone recommend some players for that point in the game? Basically I want players good enough to carry me through to get Wakka's limits and Celestial Weapon stuff.

Brother on the airship is a beast of a midfielder.

ramyeon

Brother on the airship is a beast of a midfielder.
Yeah, made sure to pick him up. My main problem is a lot of my guys don't have enough attack to tackle anyone and my offence (Tidus and Wedge) don't have enough shooting power to get a ball past the goalie. In fact Tidus' stats kind of suck all around, even his Jecht Shot got blocked every time I tried it at point blank range against the Psyches.

CarJeter

Neo Member
Yeah, made sure to pick him up. My main problem is a lot of my guys don't have enough attack to tackle anyone and my offence (Tidus and Wedge) don't have enough shooting power to get a ball past the goalie. In fact Tidus' stats kind of suck all around, even his Jecht Shot got blocked every time I tried it at point blank range against the Psyches.

I remember that i used the news reporter in Luca ( Shaami i guess?) as offence and she was really good. Horrible block, but good endurance, shoot and attack. Not so good at higher levels compared to others but i never played blitzball that long to begin with so she was always the main shooter.

If there is one thing I hate in Blitzball is that the fumbling system and when your players bug out attempting to move to block the opponent.

Nope you need the same region I bought US version on vita as was impatient. Got the uk ps3 version and the game says it can't share the save as different region was detected. Had to buy a vita UK version. Still anything for ff12 hd on vita lol

I really wanted to be able to play both games on my Vita. My options are to just buy them both in the UK, and hopefully sell or trade my FFX-2 code, since it'll be useless to me, or go through the fuss of importing a US copy of FFX/X-2 HD on the PS3 and buying the digital versions off the store for the Vita. I can't load up any cash on my US account at the moment, so will hold off on buying them for now.

I don't understand why Sony had to make it so difficult for multiple account gamers in migrating their PS3 set-up to the Vita. One account per Vita is annoying, but still, never mind.

I remember abusing the teleport sphere prize in Blitzball. I'd win two or three early on in the game and move Tidus over to Auron's grid turning him into a powerhouse, and then move him back onto his own grid. Good times With Sphere Grids.

grimmiq

If you're willing to do a decent amount of grinding, many of the Beasts players turn into monsters towards the later levels..specifically Larbeight(shooter) and Kulukan(defender), Ropp(defender) is also good to pick up from the Inn outside Luca. Pretty sure when I got the airship back on PS2, I would reset blitzball and start over from scratch with players ready to recruit.

MSMrRound

I'm a complete Blitzball newbie. What's the best way to level up my team early? Through the league or tournament, or is there some other method?

nOoblet16

Why would you want to? It's Final Fantasy. The entire point of the game is the story line.
This isn't the first time I'm playing this game.
Also coming from recent games it's annoying to watch 2001 character animations and listen to the video game voice acting from that era.

sw26

Started the PS3 version yesterday (UK'er here), and man, what a great port this looks to be so far.

Some of the texture work early in the game is stunning,and the colourful art style really shines through. Reminds me a lot of the MGS HD collection purely on the basis of the clear care and attention the 'remastering' process has been given.

Just got to Kilika and really enjoying it, I thought as much when I played the original but the music really makes this game special for me. I don't think I've ever skipped a battle just because the battle theme is so good.

Vashetti

Banned
I am 10 hours in FF-X, is there a way to know when buffs duration expire?

Do you mean buffs like Protect, Haste, etc.?

If so, they don't expire until your next battle. Only way you will lose them if is your character dies or has Dispel cast on them.

grimmiq

I'm a complete Blitzball newbie. What's the best way to level up my team early? Through the league or tournament, or is there some other method?

What I do is play the first half normally, score as many points as I can..then if I can get 3 goals ahead, switch my team around, put the 2 I want to level most at the back as defenders and just pass back and forth between them as quickly as I can..Usually results in 15-25 exp for both of them in a half..if you don't care about actually winning, you can get 30-50 per game. However this is a bit gamebreaking..since you're keeping the ball between 2 players most of the time the opposition won't get any ball and will get almost no exp at all.

I would feel bad about it..but then I saw some of the Psych's stats and I stopped caring..

I would say you need a very valid reason to have such strong feelings for or against anything, fictional or not.

Speaking for myself, as someone who dislikes the entire XIII series, I don't hate Lightning. I just feel a resigned sense of apathy in that she's just not that interesting enough of a character, nor does she reside in an interesting enough universe to warrant anything other than an apathetic sigh of "her?" Yes, she's the Ann Veal of the Final Fantasy universe.

She doesn't hold a candle to the lovely Yuna. Even. With. Her. Strange. Speech patterns.

ramyeon

Keeping note of all the players you guys are mentioning. Managed to recruit Nimrook from the Pysches just now, he's supposed to be a pretty good goalie right? I guess it might be time to let go of Jamal.

Tiamant

As someone that never played X-2 but loved X, what am i in for? What's the general GAF consensus on X-2? Yay or Nay?

It gets criticised mainly because of the girly pop theme it has going but almost all fans agree that has one of the best battle systems of the saga. Personally I love the game, the job system and the chapter structure that gives you absolute freedom.

If you can go through the Charlies Angel's intro and some cutscenes with Brother you'll find a really good game underneath.

So gaf. I remember having this problem years ago but I once again have ran out of ability spheres after grinding and beating lord ochu in kilika. Where is the earliest that I can farm the spheres?

Son Of D

So gaf. I remember having this problem years ago but I once again have ran out of ability spheres after grinding and beating lord ochu in kilika. Where is the earliest that I can farm the spheres?
Mi'ihen Highroad has a few enemies that drop Ability Spheres. Sometimes you can get weapons with Distil Ability from there as well. Use the first one you get to teach Wakka Extract Ability, that way you can replenish your stock easily.

And yet you probably don't have a valid reason. Or you're misusing the word hate.

I typed up a long response to this but then deleted it because it's unnecessary.

My reasons for hating Lightning and FF13 are valid enough for me, and should be valid enough for you, and I shouldn't need to justify them, especially in this thread which has nothing to do with XIII.

Not everyone likes the same things, and it was a joke based on something Rikku says in FFX, get over it.

squall211

Going to apologize in advance if this has already been repeatedly asked and answered....

So I just beat
Spherimorph
and decided to make the treck back to Besaid to pick up the Jecht Sphere & destruction sphere that I missed the first time around. I wanted to do it now before it becomes....more difficult.

Anyway, I got the Jecht Sphere just fine, but an NPC won't let me back in the Temple. Did I do something wrong or was I just mistaken that I could go back in there at this point.

ramyeon

He's the best.
Even better :D

Won my first tournament and got Wakka's Attack Reels. Wedge was the top scorer in the tournament, too. Managed to beat the Goers 0-4, Nimrook didn't gain any EXP at all since they never even got a shot in. This is really addictive once you get the hang of it.

Vashetti

Banned
Going to apologize in advance if this has already been repeatedly asked and answered....

So I just beat
Spherimorph
and decided to make the treck back to Besaid to pick up the Jecht Sphere & destruction sphere that I missed the first time around. I wanted to do it now before it becomes....more difficult.

Anyway, I got the Jecht Sphere just fine, but an NPC won't let me back in the Temple. Did I do something wrong or was I just mistaken that I could go back in there at this point.

I thought the temples were a one-time thing?

If you missed something in one, it's gone.

CarJeter

Neo Member
Even better :D

Won my first tournament and got Wakka's Attack Reels. Wedge was the top scorer in the tournament, too. Managed to beat the Goers 0-4, Nimrook didn't gain any EXP at all since they never even got a shot in. This is really addictive once you get the hang of it.

Yes it really is!

Are you copying techs from the enemy? I forgot that in the beginning and i was wondering why my team only has few abilities lol. Guess that's what u get for skipping the tutorial

Holmes

Got a time of 1.5 on the chocobo race, and now I'm progressively getting worse. No, it's just that the balloons are always being generated in the worst places now. It's unfair that they all generate to the left at the beginning, where the trainer starts. Not only do I get none (when I should be getting 4-5), she usually ends up ahead of me too at the sharp turn. Come on.

I'M ANNOYING HUH?
I'M ANNOYING HUH?
I'M ANNOYING HUH?
I'M ANNOYING HUH?
I'M ANNOYING HUH?
I'M ANNOYING HUH?
I'M ANNOYING HUH?
I'M ANNOYING HUH?

quote this if you get it.

I'M ANNOYING HUH?

ramyeon

So I just beat
Spherimorph

You will need to wait till you get the airship to return to temples. That means fighting Dark Aeons to do it, too.
Yes it really is!

Are you copying techs from the enemy? I forgot that in the beginning and i was wondering why my team only has few abilities lol. Guess that's what u get for skipping the tutorial
Trying to haha. I've only seen it pop up like 2 or 3 times and I've missed most of them I think.

Mi'ihen Highroad has a few enemies that drop Ability Spheres. Sometimes you can get weapons with Distil Ability from there as well. Use the first one you get to teach Wakka Extract Ability, that way you can replenish your stock easily.

My man! Thanks for the information.

Top Bottom