• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Aurizen

anyway to get a lot of gil? I want millions lol, I only have like 180,000 or so spent a lot on yojimbo and weapons in gagazet.

I got 0: 0.0 and got the sun sigil just yesterday. I thought it wasn't possible but it happened to me.
I did it and it took me 8 hours to do

Korezo

Reached calm lands and went strait for this. took like 10 tries.

EOr11w6.jpg

Clegg

I first played FFX about 8 years ago but I never bothered with Blitzball apart from the compulsory game. Actually started to get I to it this time around. Finally unlocked Wakkas attack reels and am now headed to the Mushroom Rock Road. Will go back to blitzball when I get the airship.

Arthea

This time I got some things rather easily, Jecht shot and blitzball tournament wins both of second try, it seems I haven't forgotten that much as I thought I have.
What I have forgotten: how long Miihen highroad is, I ran out of mp and aeons couldn't help being low on hp. The end was painful, until I remembered that I can run from battles lol. Luckily Lulu had enough mp till the end to take care of those pesky selfdestructive bombs, or I would have been in real trouble.

Reached calm lands and went strait for this. took like 10 tries.

0.0.jpg

much envy, for all that's fun and good, I hope I won't need hours this time.

I got 0: 0.0 and got the sun sigil just yesterday. I thought it wasn't possible but it happened to me.

edit: I might be wrong here. I have confused myself

Even if you get less than 0:0.0 it still shows 0:0.0.

But if you hit it exactly, you won't get the Sun Sigil. You have to get what should display as a negative if it had a full display range.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I was kinda shocked at how detailed Wakka's face is compared to his loser friends in the beginning of the game.

Vashetti

Banned
I was kinda shocked at how detailed Wakka's face is compared to his loser friends in the beginning of the game.

You can definitely tell who the important people are.

Imagine being an NPC in that world and having a flat texture for a face! You're destined for nothingness!

Valnen

I'm kind of bothered how they only seem to use these high detail models in some scenes. I'm assuming to preserve framerate.

Vashetti

Banned
I'm kind of bothered how they only seem to use these high detail models in some scenes. I'm assuming to preserve framerate.

I've noticed the low-detail model scenes in the HD version were also low-detail in the same scenes on the PS2. Perhaps the animation (particularly facial animation) was only done in those scenes for the low-detail models and using high-detail models would require doing new animations for those scenes?

Edit: I'm also aggravated that they didn't fix the English lip sync. It's not that bad on the Vita because of the smaller screen size (less detail to scrutinise), but I imagine on the PS3 it looks quite jarring.

Yeah there is some inconsistency in the remade faces. Like others said Wakka has some scenes where they clearly put a ton of work into remaking the characters face. Same with the others, then there are less important parts where there is no difference between the PS2 version. Its noticeable but appreciated for when there is a bigger emotional moment.

Anyway kinda ready to put FFX on the shelf for awhile. Just the prospect of the side quests gets me down lol. But the game is so refreshing after all these years I keep popping it back in! Might just start FFX-2 simply to get it out of the way, and because I actually liked the game.

inner-G

Banned
If anyone got interesting trivia surrounding the release of FF X, like making offs, curiosities, development news and other golden stuff, please do share!

I didn't follow the release all that much back then, so I'd love to see if you guys got somehting.
You might find some here: http://www.gametrailers.com/full-ep...ectives-final-fantasy-retrospective--part-vii

Its a start, at least.

If you have the original Japanese PS2 release, it has a bonus DVD with behind the scenes stuff.

Hellix

So Wakka's overdrives unlock in Tournaments depending on how many fights he's been in right? I just beat one tournament and now the options greyed out. Does that mean I don't meet the fight requirements or do I need to play in leagues to open up tournaments? They don't really explain this.

I found this short guide saying you could get all his overdrives in as few as 25 blitzball games.

I'm still stuck on getting Attack Reels. I only won one game in the tournament that has it as a prize, but my next opponent has a goalie with 18 CA and Tidus only manages to get as high as 16 SH with Jecht Shot, so it seems impossible to get a score.

You can definitely tell who the important people are.

Imagine being an NPC in that world and having a flat texture for a face! You're destined for nothingness!

That's something that always bothered me with this game, difference between main characters and npcs is ridiculous.

I've been Final Fantasy X at least 7 or 8 times. Unlocked sphere grid for all characters. Gotten just about every secret and beaten every boss. I've conquered every part of this game in the past---

--except this damn lightning dodging. Fuck it in the face. I give up. I'm a quitter. Time to move on.

SkylineRKR

For Kihmari? I prefer Rikku's path. I almost have Steal and I am just past the Djose Trial.

I first played FFX about 8 years ago but I never bothered with Blitzball apart from the compulsory game. Actually started to get I to it this time around. Finally unlocked Wakkas attack reels and am now headed to the Mushroom Rock Road. Will go back to blitzball when I get the airship.

Yeah, I finally understand BB. I lost my first 2 league games and drew one, but ended up second place with a few points shy and Wedge scored 15 goals or so. The only team that caused me problems are the Psyches. They seem to be the best.

I thought you had to move in real close to score, but it doesn't really matter. And I never understood break or no break, but now I do and I basically break with my forwards and shoot (their passing sucks anyway).

I saw the CPU sometimes taking cheap shots by moving to the edge and shoot from there. I did that too, and it worked. I would basically go back to my goalie with my midfield player, throw to Tidus at the left wing and crack a Sphere Shot.

McNum

Hold on a moment. If I missed the Besaid Destruction Sphere, I still have to beat Dark Valefor to get Anima?

I also missed it in Kilika... I hope that doesn't mean I have to fight Dark Ifrit to get back there.

Hold on a moment. If I missed the Besaid Destruction Sphere, I still have to beat Dark Valefor to get Anima?

I also missed it in Kilika... I hope that doesn't mean I have to fight Dark Ifrit to get back there.

Yes you will have to fight Dark Valefor. You don't have to fight Dark Ifrit to get the one in Kilika

Must...resist...buying...I promised myself I would wait for the price to go down on this as I already have a reasonable backlog of games on Vita and Steam, and I don't really have time for two giant RPG's right now, buuuut it sounds so amazing on Vita and my nostalgia for these games is kind of overwhelming me right now.

pariah164

Must...resist...buying...I promised myself I would wait for the price to go down on this as I already have a reasonable backlog of games on Vita and Steam, and I don't really have time for two giant RPG's right now, buuuut it sounds so amazing on Vita and my nostalgia for these games is kind of overwhelming me right now.
Rationalize it this way: You're paying $40 for two great games. And if you don't like FFX-2, just sell the code for $20.

Luigi87

Just started FFX. Haven't played since the original, and that has been a decade since then. Only really played through it once, so when I heard
Otherworld play during the "opening" cinematic,
my mind was kind of blown. I never realized that before.

McNum

Yes you will have to fight Dark Valefor. You don't have to fight Dark Ifrit to get the one in Kilika
Dark Valefor is so annoying in where they placed it. I guess I'll have to do it the boring way then. Zanmato!

Unless, hmm, do I need Anima or the Magus Sisters to get powerful enough to take on DV normally? It's the weakest of the superbosses, after all.

I kind of want to go for Penance this time. Just to see it for real.

Never knew you could get the second overdrive for Valefor right at the beginning. Always thought you had to fight Dark Valefor later in the game to gain access to it.

Is Lulu a viable character for late game? I'd like to change my usual Tidus/Auron/Yuna team to something different. Tidus/Lulu/Yuna would be interesting. Or Wakka?

Vashetti

Banned
Never knew you could get the second overdrive for Valefor right at the beginning. Always thought you had to fight Dark Valefor later in the game to gain access to it.

Is Lulu a viable character for late game? I'd like to change my usual Tidus/Auron/Yuna team to something different. Tidus/Lulu/Yuna would be interesting. Or Wakka?

GOAT

Roto13

Man, the "Heartstrings" would be such a beautiful moment if they didn't insist on ruining it by showing Tidus' dumbass face.

Emitan

I haven't been getting the Destruction Sphere treasures except for Djose so far. Am I screwed out of getting
Anima
? Just finished Macalania temple.

Roto13

I haven't been getting the Destruction Sphere treasures except for Djose so far. Am I screwed out of getting
Anima
? Just finished Macalania temple.

None of them are permanently missable, but you might need to fight your way through Dark Valefor to get the one in Besaid.

Actually, you might have to fight all of the dark aeons in temples you've missed if you wait too long. I'm not sure how they work.

Atlantis

Lulu is one of the strongest and most useful characters throughout the main game, including the end.

For post game stuff and the super bosses, anyone can be a viable fighter. Everyone is just a Quick Hit bot, though unique things like Aeons or Hyper Mighty G are important.

QP3

Don't worry, I bought the game yesterday and do not even own a Vita :|

Top Bottom