• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Atlantis

Going up against
Yunalesca.
Any tips? Should I learn Holy? It's still pretty far off on the grid.

The only way this boss kills you is with her Mega-Death gimmick (or Confusion I guess), which she casts on a pattern. Make a party of zombies and a party of healthy members and rotate when needed. Kill her.

Holy is not necessary

pariah164

The only way this boss kills you is with her Mega-Death gimmick (or Confusion I guess), which she casts on a pattern. Make a party of zombies and a party of healthy members and rotate when needed. Kill her.

Holy is not necessary
Well, the boss before her damn near handed me my ass, so I'm considering leveling up back in the dome anyway, just to get everyone's Overdrives ready.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You can only go as far as the aftermath at Mushroom rock road(because the debris hasn't cleared up) right after the Spherimorph fight. I know cause I just wasted a bunch of time doing that lol.
Not true. I literally just finished backtracking to Besaid after Spherimorph. It's deceptive, but you can climb the boxes to get on top of the debris on the shore.

Welp. Going to backtrack and see what happens. .__. I'm just going to use flee to not do any battles
See above. You can definitely go all the way back to Besaid. Good luck not falling asleep!

Flandy

Not true. I literally just finished backtracking to Besaid after Spherimorph. It's deceptive, but you can climb the boxes to get on top of the debris on the shore.

See above. You can definitely go all the way back to Besaid. Good luck not falling asleep!
Hope you're right. Just reached the moonflow

All that for Auron's overdrive?
Honestly I'm doing it more for two Al Bhed Primers I missed :lol The Jecht Sphere is a nice bonus though :p

http://cirnopoly.blogspot.com/2011/05/final-fantasy-x-jecht-sphere-locations.html
Using this to collection the Spheres. Comes with photos of locations

Man Cheer is OP vs the Sin scales. Farming them hard right now. Doing around 220-400 range of damage already lol.

Have to just press X every few seconds. Gonna do this for a while so I can get through the game faster.

Flandy

You can only go as far as the aftermath at Mushroom rock road(because the debris hasn't cleared up) right after the Spherimorph fight. I know cause I just wasted a bunch of time doing that lol.
You were wrong

You were right. Just stepped on the boxes :lol

Chris R

So I'm playing X-2 before X just to beat it for once.

I have my config set to OFF for Dressphere change cutscenes but I'm still seeing cutscenes. What am I doing wrong?

Also, when do I get a good grinding place setup? It seems like I'm really underpowered right now, even had a game over screen earlier. Probably 10% in if I can remember what the map said last time.

I'm literally right before
the yunalesca fight.
Approximately how many hours would you guys estimate I am before the end? Need to determine if I should go for it tomorrow or wait until Monday since I have other things to do.

Flandy

Rikku's eyes bother me. :|

What chu you got again the Al Bhed mon? They're cute, you know?
13347253395_54f0737911_b.jpg

Flandy

I just realized if you combine Tidus and Yunas name for shipping purposes it makes "Tuna". Holy shit. How have I never noticed this? :lol

Flandy

Also, is X alone for the Vita not available on the PSN store? I could only find the bundle, when I only need FFX :(

You're out of luck. Square knew that most people would probably only want to buy X. I'm assuming in order to justify the $40 price point they threw in X-2 along with it since they already redid most of the assets for X :p

Chris R

The only way to get one of the titles new is to buy a R3 copy from Asia.

You're out of luck. Square knew that most people would probably only want to buy X. I'm assuming in order to justify the $40 price point they threw in X-2 along with it since they already redid most of the assets for X :p

I bought X-2 off someone earlier this week.

Oh well, I'll just play X-2 for now, just thought it would be nice to just have the whole package on my vita.

JimPanzer

so I didn't renew the contract of one of my blitzball players and now I'm short of one. I'm currently finished djose temple - where can I find a new player for my team?

Flandy

I bought X-2 off someone earlier this week.

Oh well, I'll just play X-2 for now, just thought it would be nice to just have the whole package on my vita.

X-2 is bundled with the cart version. That's the only way to get it on its own in NA/EU. Why didn't you just buy the bundle in the first place if you were going to get both?

so I didn't renew the contract of one of my blitzball players and now I'm short of one. I'm currently finished djose temple - where can I find a new player for my team?
In Guadosalam there's a Guado that jogs around the map to train for Blitzball. Pretty sure there's a few other Guado theres another Guado there you can recruit too

Oh man, for those that missed it, looks like Amazon has the LE's in stock again. I thought they were all depleted! I wonder if these will ever actually become somewhat hard to find down the line.

ramyeon

Spectral Keeper is destroying me with his constant berserk inflicting. Don't have anything that wards off berserk... Wtf do I do?

Go_Ly_Dow

I was under the impression that the pre rendered backgrounds cost a lot to make, am I stupid?

I was always under the impression it was a more cost effective approach, but generally looked down upon from a tech perspective since HD games became the norm.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Does the digital Vita game force you to install both games, or just one if you want?

Also it's only America that got art cards with the physical Vita version right?

Go_Ly_Dow

Also much prefer random battles + flee over XIIIs approach of forcing you down linear maps with unavoidable monsters and no flee option.

Terrible game design.

When you said "last gen" my mind went to PS2 era. Now you make more sense.

Haha. Was the same for me up and til a few days ago. Because of this game and a few others I have no need for a PS4 yet.

at the main menu, what is "Final Fantasy X Eternal Calm"? or FFX-2 Last Mission?
Eternal Calm is an epilogue that connects FFX with FFX-2. (Watch it after beating FFX but before playing FFX-2.)

Last Mission is a bonus dungeon/scenario for FFX-2. (Play it after completing FFX-2.)

Prototype

@hoursleft

thanks!

Man this is pretty exciting, haven't played the game since it came out lol. I think ill use the expert grid and see what happens. I don't remember the game being overly challenging so this should spice things up a bit.

jzbluz

Stupid Bevelle trial. I swear that the vita has some lag; it didn't matter with Tidus' overdrive but I can't press the correct arrows in the trial. I just wanna scream.

Top Bottom