• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Flandy

Nightmare material
ZrRmb1Ll.jpg

I just got through Moonflow and ran into O'aka. Is there anyway I can still loan money to him or am I screwed? That option isn't there when I talked to him here.

God...I made the mistake of turning this on for the first time on my PS3. It looks so gorgeous on my big screen. Makes the Vita version not so impressive anymore.

And wow, people are far in this already. I'm sad I haven't had much time to play, and that I've been spending the last hour and a half trying to get my Vita save to transfer to PS3.

AmanoBuff

Spring break this upcoming week here. Get to spend all week playing this <3

Glad for you! I'm playing mostly at night after I'm done with my work. Funny though, I start playing about 11pm telling myself I'll only play for a couple of hours but EVERY single night I end up playing until 5:30am. Lol. This fucking awesome game.

I'm doing a simple playthrough but I want to get both
Anima
and a couple of CW so I guess I'll still have to grind a bit.

Next playthrough though, I'm going for the platinum.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Was the question about whether save transferring worked with different region versions?

(Basically Asian Vita version and NA PS3 version)

Suspended vita earlier. Went to turn it on and nothing. .. plugged it in and nothing. The playstation light is blinking red. Did something happen :(

Dead battery. Did you suspend when it was super low? Vita's pretty amazing on the battery when it comes to sleep mode. I left mine for over a month and found it still had half of its battery.

koopas

So I'm not too far in but frustrated at the same part I quit when I originally played ffx. The first blitzball match I get smoked in and rage quit. I switched to manual is that where I'm making the mistake?

Any strategies to best those cocky Goers? I feel like I'm not even close to scoring :(

Flandy

You sure about being unable to wait?
Well I'd rather not fight and probably lose to
Dark Valefor
So I'm not too far in but frustrated at the same part I quit when I originally played ffx. The first blitzball match I get smoked in and rage quit. I switched to manual is that where I'm making the mistake?

Any strategies to best those cocky Goers? I feel like I'm not even close to scoring :(
Using Manual is good

Stay on your side of the field throughout the first round and just keep passing the ball and fourth to Tidus so you can level him up enough to Equip the Jecht Shot for the second round. In the second round try to lure the Goers away from the Goal and then pass the ball to Tidus to he can score with the Jecht Shot.

BTW you don't need to win the match :p

It's a very unfair fight. Just cheese it.

First half = camp at your goalpost and pass the ball around teammates (specially Tidus) to level them up. Everyone just swims around in circles. Sometimes a Goer gets in but he'll lose the ball with 3 people on him.
Second half = camp again, try to get Tidus open. Tidus breaks the Goer defender against him, do a Jecht/Sphere shot, go 1-0, camp at goalpost for the rest of the match. Have to do this before 3:00 ish though.

Dileas

If you want to backtrack for the Jecht Sphere in Besaid, you need to do it as soon as you beat the Spherimorph boss in Macalania Woods.

You can only go as far as the aftermath at Mushroom rock road(because the debris hasn't cleared up) right after the Spherimorph fight. I know cause I just wasted a bunch of time doing that lol.

Pachinko

You know, I gotta say I gave this game kind of a bad rap in the years following its release for many reasons but once you get past that first obnoxious hour it's actually still pretty fun to play. I honestly would have preferred this to simply be FFX HD with vita crossplay support for 29.99 , make FFX-2 a download. The reason being is that I don't know if I'll even bother played X-2 or not.

Still, FFX really does hold up better then I expected it would and the sharp new 1080p graphics and fancy tweaked soundtrack go a long way.

I've never gotten
Yojimbo
to use
Zanmato
- I want to do it this time around, and on one of the hardest optional bosses too. Is there a trick to it?

ramyeon

So all of my party are either at the end of their grid or close to it (Standard) and I'm considering options on whose I should take them through next.. Anyone have any idea?

I've never gotten
Yojimbo
to use
Zanmato
- I want to do it this time around, and on one of the hardest optional bosses too. Is there a trick to it?

Use him a lot, keep paying 1001+ gil, don't let him die, don't dismiss him right after summoning him and do NOT pay him 0 gil ever.

oni_saru

Did the blitzball thing five times and still haven't won. Tidus even managed to miss with Jecht shot wtfff??!! orz

Gonna try again tomorrow.

I'm kind of regretting choosing expert sphere. :/ Maybe i'm too use to the old sphere.

Did the blitzball thing five times and still haven't won. Tidus even managed to miss with Jecht shot wtfff??!! orz

Gonna try again tomorrow.

I'm kind of regretting choosing expert sphere. :/ Maybe i'm too use to the old sphere.
I just won the tourney without jecht shot...forgot to equip. I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off first half. Second half I moved all my players to side opposite Tidus, passed him ball, and he ran all the way to goal with only one blocker. I used sphere shot, got a high number, and got my 1 - 0 victory. Sometimes just need a little luck.

It's the very first game against the Goer's don't worry about trying to score during the first half.

The main thing you should do in Blitzball is hit triangle and change to manual immediately, automated movement sucks.

Using Letty, Jassu, Botta, and Tidus pass the ball between these four on your side of the field. Players earn experience based on actions performed. So the more you pass the ball around the less chances the opposing team has time with the ball the better your odds will be.

Once Tidus is left 3 or higher he can use the Jecht Shot (if you successfully did the mini game on the S.S Winno on the way to Luca)

The Jecht shot will nullify up to one defending player in front of you. So even if you approach the goalkeeper with two defenders blocking you, you can break one of them use the Jecht Shot to blow through the 2nd defender and more often then not score easily.

After the events in Luca you can recruit free agents, I recommend hiring Wedge (Foward), Jumal (Goalkeeper), and Zalitz (Defender) which all three of these people will make a good replacements for Datto, Keepa, and Botta.

The reason why most people are turned away from Blitzball is because your starting team has some of the worst players given you, the only half way decent members you get are Jassu and Letty, everyone else is pretty much easily replaceable with far superior starting stats.

Key things to know when hire free agents. Defenders should have high attack and decent passing stats, Mid fielder (Letty) should also have a reasonable attack and high passing stat.

Fowards job is generally score so a high shot stat is preferable. Keep these things in mind using the handy charts in the link below to build your ultimate blitz team

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Blitzball_Agents

You know your Blitzball, I and many others will appreciate this little guide a lot. With this Knowledge Blitzball maybe could become fun.

Thanks a lot!

Oh, this game sure brings back some memories, a real blast-from-the-past! Nicely surprised at how good it looks on my 55" tv. Have to dig out the guide I got 'coz I've forgotten so much!

Flandy

You can only go as far as the aftermath at Mushroom rock road(because the debris hasn't cleared up) right after the Spherimorph fight. I know cause I just wasted a bunch of time doing that lol.

Then when am I supposed to backtrack? D: There's so many conflicting reports here. Earlier in the thread people were saying right after Bevelle and before the Calm Lands. Is that the correct time @___@ I just beat Spherimorph too

Okay Rikku just made the creepiest freaking laugh.

After dealing with Seymour at Macalania temple, beating the berserker, and falling through the ice, talk to Rikku while she, Yuna, and Khimari are standing together. *heeheehee*

It's still hilarious to me how people treated Tidus in this game at first. He's such a goofy, loveable guy.

Temple Summoner: "You must obey the precepts!"

Tidus: "Like I care!"

*runs into Cloister of Trials*

ramyeon

I must be overpowered. Just destroyed
Seymour Flux
on Gagazet, I remember him being really hard. I haven't even really done any grinding.

Flandy

If you want to backtrack for the Jecht Sphere in Besaid, you need to do it as soon as you beat the Spherimorph boss in Macalania Woods.

Welp. Going to backtrack and see what happens. .__. I'm just going to use flee to not do any battles

Top Bottom