• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

QP3

lolwut. You going to get a Vita soon or something?

Yeah, I used to have one and loved it but sold it due to some circumstances. Now I am waiting for the slim here in NA.

I have made a few posts about importing but have not received an answer

Hellix

Fucking finally...

4WEpxuE.jpg

Squire

Banned
I can't believe I missed that part the first time through... Hell, I can't believe just how much I missed in regards to the story on my first playthrough.

I'm seriously looking at FFX in a new light now.

There's a LOT of foreshadowing. More than I originally realized.

Apparently I missed a couple Al Bhed primers (permanent ones at that). The guide I was following for that particular stretch didn't mention them. =/
Oh well. There's no way I'm going to platinum this game anyway.

Socreges

Banned
So should I expect this to eventually be available for $20 and easy to find? Or might it be a limited one-off distribution and then forever $40 on PSN?

Flandy

I missed an Al Bhed primer on the boat from Besaid to Kilika. I heard that I can get it on
Bikinel. Where do I find the missed Al Bhed primer?

Those
pre-Yunalesca
cutscenes argh, all I want to do is fight (and possibly fail again). KH1.5 was done by like two dudes and even it had cutscene skip! Step it up Square Enix.

I still can't believe after all this time, I'm sat here playing Final Fantasy X on a handheld, with it looking this fucking good.

Major nostalgia overload.

Beant

If i dodge 200 lightning strikes in a row, and then get hit on the way back to get my prize I still get it correct?

squall211

Auron also waits outside the Farplane and is in physical pain when Yuna sends Maester Jyscal.

They try to mask Auron waiting outside by having Rikku wait too.

It's amazing when you are replaying the game just how much they hinted about his status without throwing it in your face.

Mr. RHC

The Luca
Sphere Theatre
is an really nice idea. In future games maybe we can
implement an orchestra actually simulating the play.

Advice for those struggling with the blitzball tourney.

R1+R2+L1+L2+Select+Start will get you a fresh restart.

Just make sure to save in the locker room beforehand.

As soon as the match begins, wait and see who gets the ball. If Luca gets the ball then restart unless you feel like you can take back the ball or take a chance.

As soon as you get the ball to one of your players, press Triangle to set it to Manual A. Now you don't have to depend on auto movement.

During the first quarter of Blitzball, just pass the ball around because Tidus cannot make the shot thanks to no special and the goalie having almost the same defense as his shoot. :(

DO NOT LET Abus get the ball! He has a ridiculously broken 13 shoot vs Keepa's 5 block! >.>^

After the first quarter all your members level up. Tidus gets a tech slot, equip Jecht Shot for a 100% chance of a score or use the Sphere shot if you want for less HP cost and getting a possible 2-0 score.

1. Use Letty often to pass, best pass on your team and has a decent endurance
2. If Luca has the ball, press Triangle and make the formation based on where the player is coming from to shoot/pass.
3. Wakka is decent with his Venom shot. Maybe you can get a 2-0/3-0

Use Jecht Shot to get a goal with Tidus in the 2nd quarter is really your best bet for now and then defend your lead to get the strength sphere.

Also for the ones wondering about going Expert or Standard. Expert is much better honestly but only if you know which role you want each character to have.

Like Tidus, Yuna and Auron is my main team.

I teach Tidus steal early and Yuna gets all of Lulu's black magic spells. Auron is my heavy hitter.

Of course you want to level up the others. Except Kimari for me as I never felt the need to use him but you should level him up for a story event later on in the game.

One sphere level can move you back 3-4 spaces, use that to your advantage to move around on the grid.

Okay, I'm probably going to 100%/Platinum the game.

My question is what should I make sure to get done throughout the game. I know about the missable Al Bhed Primers. Anything else I should make sure to get before they're blocked off by Dark Aeons or something? Or just stuff that's way less of a pain in the ass before the end-game?

Levyne

Banned
Okay, I'm probably going to 100%/Platinum the game.

My question is what should I make sure to get done throughout the game. I know about the missible Al Bhed Primers. Anything else I should make sure to get before they're blocked off by Dark Aeons or something? Or just stuff that's way less of a pain in the ass before the end-game?

The big one is the Crest behind (boss spoiler)
Yunalesca
. Grab it before you leave the area

You can also go back to get Jecht Spheres (the key one being in Besaid) after the Spherimorph battle in Macalania, but not as critical, imo.

Yopis

So what's the word do these hold up well? Been on blackout and never played either back in the day. Just finished second run of Xenogears need something new.

just got to
Albhed burning down home "an annoying cunt.. an annoying cunt!"
haha
it still makes me laugh.
it sounds different though.. now it sounds like he says "an annoying cunt, cunt!... an annoying cunt, cunt!"

Levyne

Banned
So what's the word do these hold up well? Been on blackout and never played either back in the day. Just finished second run of Xenogears need something new.

It holds up well for the most part. Some animations are stiff, the lip sync is weird, and the voice acting is unchanged. Those are the worse bits.

LTWheels

Same :)

Lost my X2 one and can't find XII's.

Having a quick flick through it, I had forgot how well made and detailed it is. Best guidebook I have owned. I never realised until now that the PAL version of the game had additional content to the US release.

does the official guide that was released with this, help you 100% the game?

The EU one I posted does as it's the international version of the game.

Flandy

Amazing Remasters. You should avoid this thread though. Lot of people seem to forget that not everybody has played this and are not using spoiler tags

Where is the last time I can donate to O'aka?
I'm currently at Rin's Rest. Can I go on or did I miss it? Do I need to beat the chocobo eater? I keep forgetting these things

Peff

It doesn't work anymore.

I'm currently at Rin's Rest. Can I go on or did I miss it? Do I need to beat the chocobo eater? I keep forgetting these things

It's there, but in the path where the Chocobo Eater throws you if you lose the fight. If you win, and there's no reason not to, go to the next save point, then double back south east until you see him. Don't forget to get the chest further ahead.

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member

Once you enter
Mushroom Rock Road, you can never give him money again. So, the last time you can is in Mi'ihen Old Road.

The Chocobo Eater:
You should definitely try to defeat him. If you don't kill him or knock him off the cliff, I believe you'll never be able to ride a chocobo (not sure about this) in Mi'ihen and you won't get any AP. Not the end of the world, but it makes backtracking a tad easier (if you decide to do it by foot) and you'll miss out on some items only the chocobo can grab.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So what is the consensus on the new content and new music? Haven't paid much attention to the thread. Thinking of snagging when I finish Dark Souls 2.

RpgN

Is everyone else having a hard time with Tidus' Overdrive Spiral Cut? Or is it just me? What's odd is that it used to be very easy with the PS2 version. You don't think it's me getting worse? I seem to miss even when the cursor is in the middle...

Are others also having some problems with the sound during cutscenes? Like VA repeating themselves, or music cutting off for a second/starting a bit later?

Fuck yeah just beat the goers !

Same here :)

OmegaDL50

Did they rebalance Attack Reels in the International edition?

I always thought it was odd that the first Overdrive you can get by playing Blitzball was the most overpowered and broken attack in the non-Int version of FFX. You'd also think because it was the first unlockable OD for Wakka, you'd think the other ones would be better because they required more work to get.

I wouldn't mind if they haven't changed this, that just means that's just less work for me in regards to Blitzball, and then I can use use Attack Reels to steamroll some of the earlier Monster Colliseum battles to get some of the spheres to I need to work towards maxing my Grid.

Roto13

The lip syncing and animations and stuff were weird when it came out and they're still weird. But aside from the gross random battles, it holds up well.

Top Bottom