• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Is everyone else having a hard time with Tidus' Overdrive Spiral Cut? Or is it just me? What's odd is that it used to be very easy with the PS2 version. You don't think it's me getting worse? I seem to miss even when the cursor is in the middle...

There is definite input lag in the game. More than the original version for sure. It being in game tied to the input lag of HD TV's/Monitors will make stuff like spiral cut and lightning dodge more a hassle than it should be.

There is definite input lag in the game. More than the original version for sure. It being in game tied to the input lag of HD TV's/Monitors will make stuff like spiral cut and lightning dodge more a hassle than it should be.

The spiral cut was fine for me once I just held down the X button, but the lightning dodges have proven very difficult.

Shahed

Just had my first Blitzball game against the Goers. Both frustrating and fun! I kind of stupidly ignored the tutorial, so I'd forgotten the controls. Well I kind of knew them, but by the time I realised it starts you on Auto movement instead of Manual I'd lost the ball and already conceded a goal. Then by the time figuring out the difference between A or B, and that there is a small pause that lets them catch up when pressing Triangle or Square is was 2-0 down. I cobsidered reloading then but I figured I'd give myself a game to get used to Blitzball again

Passed it around a bit so Tidus could level up, and timed my attack so I'd either score or miss just before the 5min mark. Lured one defender out, passed the ball to Tidus who broke Belgerda and scored just in time.

Started second half and immediately passed to Tidus who scored with Jecht Shot. Then played the bait and lure game until I gave Tidus another opportunity to go one on one with Belgerda, and then broke her and scored again to make it 3-2 just before the 3min mark and Wakka comes. One more goal with Wakka at the end made it 4-2!

RpgN

That doesn't sound good. I'm not looking forward to lightning dodge anymore -_-

Arthea

Talking about Blitzball controls, I probably just forgot, but I don't remember changing movement options being so laggy in an original. In HD version, every time if I choose to go to manual or back to auto, all opposing team players far and near, get to the player I control while I can't move at that time at all.

Shahed

Talking about Blitzball controls, I probably just forgot, but I don't remember changing movement options being so laggy in an original. In HD version, every time if I choose to go to manual or back to auto, all opposing team players far and near, get to the player I control while I can't move at that time at all.
I think they were that bad. After it happened to me twice, I got memories of it

Peff

That's always been that way as far as I remember. If you look closely, you'll see that after you close the menu everybody else but the player's character stops for about a second to make up for it. In fact, it's a good strategy to not have to deal with the other players stopping you until you get as close to the goal as you want.

OmegaDL50

About these capture weapons for the Monster Arena. In the case for characters like Lulu or Yuna, do they need to use physical attacks to capture the monsters or simply having the weapon equipped is enough.

I mean those Flan creatures generally have high physical damage resist, So I figured I'd use spells like normal but with capture weapons equipped.

Does anyone know if this works or do I actually need to hit them for the capture effect to kick in. Because if I can use spells, I'll do that instead.

Atlantis

About these capture weapons for the Monster Arena. In the case for characters like Lulu or Yuna, do they need to use physical attacks to capture the monsters or simply having the weapon equipped is enough.

I mean those Flan creatures generally have high physical damage resist, So I figured I'd use spells like normal but with capture weapons equipped.

Does anyone know if this works or do I actually need to hit them for the capture effect to kick in. Because if I can use spells, I'll do that instead.

You need to kill them with a physical attack. Just get things like Flans/Elementals low enough that a physical hit will kill them. Demi helps.

I'm falling in love with this game all over again <3

Just got to Luca... I don't remember having problems winning the Blitzball tournament, so I hope for an easy victory! We play to win, y'all.

Magnus

Definite audio issues with this game. I can't seem to get it to go back to surround following a save on the Mi'ihen high road. Wtf?

Loke13

Just beat the Goers at 4 last night and I wasn't even trying! I went in there thinking 'what ever happens happens' and the next thing I know I'm scoring with the Jecht Shot and the the Goers score on me so I just use the goal trick until overtime comes. At that point I'm just like "fuck it" and by some miracle I see Waaka unguarded so I pass him the ball and swim up close and perform VENOM SHOT!

THE AUROCHS WIN!! This is probably my second time ever winning this thing.

How do I get Waaka's ultimate weapon now?

Levyne

Banned
Just beat the Goers at 4 last night and I wasn't even trying! I went in there thinking 'what ever happens happens' and the next thing I know I'm scoring with the Jecht Shot and the the Goers score on me so I just use the goal trick until overtime comes. At that point I'm just like "fuck it" and by some miracle I see Waaka unguarded so I pass him the ball and swim up close and perform VENOM SHOT!

You need an item from the Calm Lands, so probably don't worry much about it yet. Plus theres a certain number of battles you have to do before seeing the right prizes show up.

OmegaDL50

You need to win another tournament, if you plan this right you can kill two birds with one stone.

As long as Wakka has at least participated in 300 battles, the option to win his Attack Reels overdrive as a prize for a Blitzball tournament should become available. It just so happens you also need to win a Blitzball tournament and Talk to the Barkeeper in the tavern in Luca to get his World Champion weapon.

Doing this you'll get Wakka's weapon and best Overdrive.

ramyeon

I found this short guide saying you could get all his overdrives in as few as 25 blitzball games.

I'm still stuck on getting Attack Reels. I only won one game in the tournament that has it as a prize, but my next opponent has a goalie with 18 CA and Tidus only manages to get as high as 16 SH with Jecht Shot, so it seems impossible to get a score.
Yeah I saw that guide... Don't wanna do it that way since you lose all your players and levels etc. I've built up a pretty solid team so winning is not an issue. Just need them to show up heh.

Just reached the Calm Lands, when do I get
the Airship
? I think I'm maybe 21-22 hours in now btw.

Wakka has a weapon that allows him to counter every attack, now he just roflstomps everyone.

Holmes

The cactuars in Bikanel are the cutest. I love Chava (just learned to count to 50!) and Flaile (the guy you never invite but he always shows up anyway).

Shahed

I wish you could forfeit games without being behind as well. Putting players out of position and it's hard to deliberately concede

Panthers

Okay I'm sick of Blitzball now. It just takes far too long to complete a game

Yea that's why I just score once and hide behind the goal. I always make sure I have other things to take care of outside the game. It's a very annoying grind though that's for sure.

ramyeon

I have Jumal right now and found Miyu. Who is the better player? They look pretty even, though Jumal's stats are pretty high in the higher levels.
Jumal worked well for me until I was able to get Nimrook from the Psyches.

All the tournaments showing up for me are for Elixirs ugh. If I have just got the airship and up until now I've been using every character in every encounter I should have racked up enough battles with Wakka right?

Son Of D

I thought the discounts apply for the rest of the game too, I could be wrong.

I know you can determine the prices of his items in Macalania lake by saying that the prices are "Too high", "Too low" or "Just right" in Macalania Woods (so 5 minutes later) but the gil lending only has an effect on the Mushroom Rock prices.

Thorgal

The FF XII's guide cover was just sublime .

20140324_003511n6jfp.jpg

Alright, I've noticed this since the beginning of my playthrough, but the moving camera when walking around really messes with the direction you are walking in. It was never really a huge problem while playing before because there isn't a whole lot of segments in the game where it can interfere with how well you do, but now that I've played a lot of the champion chocobo race, I feel something needs to be said. This is really awful! Tales games never got this wrong, neither have a lot of other JRPGs and fixed camera games. What gives?

Ghazi

There is no point. The only result of paying him is getting discounted off his jacked up prices during Operation Mi'ihen.

Would you say it's worth it? I'm not too far into the game, and this is my first time playing it. I haven't bought any items, other than Potions, from merchants yet.

Atlantis

Would you say it's worth it? I'm not too far into the game, and this is my first time playing it. I haven't bought any items, other than Potions, from merchants yet.

He's got plenty of items that are worth buying.

Just give him 101 or 1001 gold.

Do you guys really find the voice acting that terrible in FFX? I mean, I'm not arguing that it's amazing, but I think it holds up very well. The lip synch is undeniably terrible.

Maybe it's just my nostalgia blinding me.

Top Bottom