• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Ghazi

He's got plenty of items that are worth buying.

Just give him 101 or 1001 gold.
Ok, sweet, thanks. Will do. 101 would be easier on me, does it matter?
Do you guys really find the voice acting that terrible in FFX? I mean, I'm not arguing that it's amazing, but I think it holds up very well. The lip synch is undeniably terrible.

Maybe it's just my nostalgia blinding me.

I, personally, think it's fine. I would've liked the lip sync to work right, but it's not game breaking for me. However, it was especially jarring when Tidus was yelling at Auron at an early point in the game.

I remember thinking the same thing lol but she sorta warms up after Luca but I will never forget that one particular line at Kilika

"Sin didn't TAKE Chappu anywhere. He CRUSHED him and left him on the Djose shore."

It's made even more fucked up later on when you learn that
Chappu was Lulu's fiance

I read the spoiler, but because I kinda guessed so. He was obviously a very touchy subject for her. I knew for certain, though, when Tidus talked about Wakka talking Chappu's place and she was like "You do not want to finish that sentence". Pretty good stuff.

Loke13

Lulu is such a Cold Hearted woman :(
I remember thinking the same thing lol but she sorta warms up after Luca but I will never forget that one particular line at Kilika

"Sin didn't TAKE Chappu anywhere. He CRUSHED him and left him on the Djose shore."

Chappu was Lulu's fiance

HeelPower

Chappu was Lulu's fiance

That's what makes these characters awesome.

XJF

Alright, gotta finish getting Wakka's OD's... Blitzball is fun and all, but they didn't need to force us to play almost 20+ games for the Plat.

ramyeon

I never thought I'd say it but I don't even feel like playing the main game atm, having too much fun with blitzball. Though I do wish there was a better way of getting Wakka's ODs to show as prizes than resetting your team... I really don't want to do that.

Chappu was Lulu's fiance

Lulu ain't the kind of girl who holds back or minces words.

Still not the best waifu in FFX though.

XJF

I never thought I'd say it but I don't even feel like playing the main game atm, having too much fun with blitzball. Though I do wish there was a better way of getting Wakka's ODs to show as prizes than resetting your team... I really don't want to do that.

I find that my starter team dominates everyone except the Psyches as Nimrook is almost impossible to score on. I have to give up a goal so we don't go into 5 OT lol

Go_Ly_Dow

just finished Luca and loving it so far.

however can't shake off the irritation that is the massive downgrade to Wandering Flame :(

why Hamauzu?

ramyeon

I find that my starter team dominates everyone except the Psyches as Nimrook is almost impossible to score on. I have to give up a goal so we don't go into 5 OT lol
Eh, I like my team and it's silly that you have to reset any progress you make after every tournament to get them quicker. I'd prefer to take the long route and have an awesome set up by the end of it.

Loke13

That's what makes these characters awesome.
Absolutely. I think what I like about these characters is that they all start off pretty one-note but as they game goes on you learn these little tid-bits about them that explains why they are the way they are.

I like that Wakka starts out as a pretty big Yevonite and even a border-line racist
and as the corruption in the government/religion is revealed his faith takes a really big gut-punch and all of it culminating when you fight Yunalesca and find out that his religion is basically a lie.

This was my first Final Fantasy game back in the day and while I loved it back then now that I'm older I can really appreciate the nuances in the narrative. THIS GAME ROCKED!

They were never
engaged
. Wakka said that
Chappu was going to propose when the Aurochs won the Championship
Ah yes that's right.

XJF

Well, shit....
miiYaod.jpg

Woot! Only two more OverDrives to go!

Looking at what all you have to do for Blitzball (like leagues or whatever being 10 games long) is making me regret my decision to try to finally get all the Celestial Weapons. I can get the rest, but Wakka's will be the death of me. I have a feeling I'm just gonna skip it again. :( It just sounds like way too much work, and I don't care for Blitzball.

TEJ

Something about the end of the game still doesn't make sense to me

so tidus is essential a summon, right? if he only exists as a dream, how can jecht be his father? was jecht just a dream too? if so how can things that aren't physically real have children? Was Jecht sin all along? If Ject was sin all along how could he go with braska on his journey? and if tidus was a summon all along how come nobody else noticed esp not yuna?

Levyne

Banned
Yep, reset my league a few times to get the Sigil as the reward, ten games away!

Just gonna grab Wedge, Ropp, Zalitz, Brother, and Jumal and it should be near as easy with a fresh team of free agents :D

XJF

Been three hours since I started fighting
Yunalesca.
No dice. Ready to toss Vita into a wall.

I just taught my two mages Holy (using a White Magic Sphere for Lulu) and crushed her.

Yep, reset my league a few times to get the Sigil as the reward, ten games away!

Just gonna grab Wedge, Ropp, Zalitz, Brother, and Jumal and it should be near as easy with a fresh team of free agents :D
Why Ropp over Wakka?

Pwning everyone in Bliztball lol. Al Bheds were the only ones I tied with. Had the unfortunate luck of getting them first round in the league.

So far my matches have been 5-0 to 6-0.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I just played thru the sending at Kilika. One of the more emotional scenes in any Final Fantasy, I think. Up there with Aeris dying and the opera scene in VI.

Shahadan

Bullshit.

What are you doing exactly?
You can use the following tricks :
-Cast Reflect on your characters so they don't get blinded/silenced or healed as zombies
-Cast Shell on boss so its reflected heals are halved. Use Dispel for Regen
-Wear a confuseward/proof armor if you have one. You should at least have one for yuna.
If not, you can take note of the pattern of the third form's attack and use an aeon to shield yourself from Mind Blast
-Cheaply prepare max overdrives for each Aeon before the battle

And of course don't heal Zombie status.

Hollycat

Here's an imgur gallery of screenshots I took. It's pretty crappy of SE to edit every screenshot you take.

http://imgur.com/a/qMPUk

az3oKBX.jpg

If you look closely, you'll notice the Rikku model here has the wrong color eyes.
b3mKfJi.jpg

I'm just now starting X-2, and my god, the graphical difference in these two games is staggering.

Hollycat

Is X-2 uglier or something? I have not seen pics or videos yet.

No, X-2 is gorgeous, it's sharp and clear, it looks like a different gen compared to X

Edit: okay, I'm exaggerating, but it is easily the better looking.
I'll post a imgur gallery for X-2 when I have at least 50 screenshots.

Kazdane

It's amazing how well the game mechanics have aged in FFX's case... (haven't played FFX-2 HD yet). Back in the days Auron was my favorite character. Now I like him even more, even if I'm unsure exactly why (I guess being older makes it easier to understand some of the things he says that weren't so obvious when I was a teenager).

ramyeon

The boss before
Yunalesca
was much harder for me, berserk destroyed me until I was lucky enough to get in enough attacks to finish him off.

Holmes

Well, shit....

Woot! Only two more OverDrives to go!
I've been hogging the ball with Brother, luring all the opponents away from the net, and with Brother's crazy speed, I'm able to get him a clear shot right in front of their net. Gets in every time. Then hide in your net until the game ends.

Top Bottom