• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

I've been hogging the ball with Brother, luring all the opponents away from the net, and with Brother's crazy speed, I'm able to get him a clear shot right in front of their net. Gets in every time. Then hide in your net until the game ends.

Between Wakka and Wedge I annihilate everyone except the Psyches. Time-consuming, but relatively easy

Aeana

Then you learn that that boss is vulnerable to Provoke. :p

The first time I played the game, once I figured out how it makes Defender X so easy, I started trying it on every boss. It's such a useful ability that doesn't seem so at first glance.

pariah164

Take the stairs in the back, you'll get teleported in the same room, a chest appeared near said stairs. It's easy to miss.
FFF- I would never have figured that out. Thanks.

Also, I was having issues with
dying while in zombie, healing, then succumbing to Megadeath attack.

Atlantis

The first time I played the game, once I figured out how it makes Defender X so easy, I started trying it on every boss. It's such a useful ability that doesn't seem so at first glance.

The few times it's useful, it's extremely useful. Besides bosses, a lot of the more difficult random encounters are made harmless by using it.

Doesn't it make the Spectral Keeper boss fight also pretty trivial?

Flandy

I missed Al Bhed Primer 3. Final Fantasy wiki says I can reobtain it in
Bikanel Desert.
Where exactly am I supposed to get it there? Haven't reached the that part yet but would like to know before I get there

I'm in the Thunder Plains and was wondering about those Qactaur statues.
I touched three of the glowing ones and I thought I remembered some ghost appearing when you find the third one that leads you to a tower or something. It didn't appear. Do I need to go to a specific place to find it?

b3mKfJi.jpg

Looks like lewd things are afoot. They're
cousins
you know.

XJF

I'm in the Thunder Plains and was wondering about those Qactaur statues.
I touched three of the glowing ones and I thought I remembered some ghost appearing when you find the third one that leads you to a tower or something. It didn't appear. Do I need to go to a specific place to find it?

That's how it works. It leads you to a Celestial Weapon. Not sure why it didn't

Holmes

after yunalesca where would be a good place to train?
Capture 5 each of the flying eye monsters to unlock One Eye at the Monster Arena. It drops weapons with Triple AP. Customize them with Overdrive -> AP. Then change everyone's Overdrive mode to Comrade, fight Don Tonberry or Cactuar King and have them constantly do 99,999 damage to you (which turns into AP).

Korezo

No, X-2 is gorgeous, it's sharp and clear, it looks like a different gen compared to X

Edit: okay, I'm exaggerating, but it is easily the better looking.
I'll post a imgur gallery for X-2 when I have at least 50 screenshots.

I think X-2 looks better because its only three main characters while X had like 7 and were all on screen most of the time. Also does anyone know if any of the faces of X-2 were altered like in X, because the face changes made to X made characters like Tidus, Seymour and Yuna look worst than the PS2 faces and the game looking worse overall, I can't tell if Auron or Wakka faces also look worst since I don't remember. If they would of kept original faces intact X would of looked 100x better than how it is now. But I tried x-2 real quick to see how it looked and it does look nice.

Hollycat

I think X-2 looks better because its only three main characters while X had like 7 and were all on screen most of the time. Also does anyone know if any of the faces of X-2 were altered like in X, because the face changes made to X made characters like Tidus, Seymour and Yuna look worst than the PS2 faces and the game looking worse overall, I can't tell if Auron or Wakka faces also look worst since I don't remember. If they would of kept original faces intact X would of looked 100x better than how it is now. But I tried x-2 real quick to see how it looked and it does look nice.

The face changes ins X-2 look great. So do the mouth animations.

Atlantis

rofl, one of the Al Bhed on the boat at the start of the games asks if you want to re-do the Sphere Grid tutorial. Of course, he asked in Al Bhed, so I had no idea what I was saying yes to.

I also forgot that one of the ladies Tidus gives his autograph to ask if they can 'see him after the game'. The hook up that never was.

Vashetti

Banned
I remember X-2 looked better than X back in the day, but how is that still possible when both games have been ported and upgraded into HD?

Is it just the case that X-2's "engine" or "source code" (e.g. lighting effects, other effects) will always give it the edge over X, unless both games were entirely rebuilt?

pariah164

... Can you get back to Mushroom Rock Road via the Djose Highroad? I just tried via Mihen and IMMEDIATELY got my shit wrecked by the
Dark Magus Sisters
. I need one last Al Bhed Primer....

Levyne

Banned
Argh, so close to this damn Blitz sigil, but I got to pick my brother up from the airport, haha.

Sucks that the Goers only have 1 loss (from the Aurochs) so I can't even risk a match forfeit.

Holmes

... Can you get back to Mushroom Rock Road via the Djose Highroad? I just tried via Mihen and IMMEDIATELY got my shit wrecked by the
Dark Magus Sisters
. I need one last Al Bhed Primer....
You can enter from the Mi'hen Highroad. Just hug the left wall and avoid the summoners.

Aurizen

Capture 5 each of the flying eye monsters to unlock One Eye at the Monster Arena. It drops weapons with Triple AP. Customize them with Overdrive -> AP. Then change everyone's Overdrive mode to Comrade, fight Don Tonberry or Cactuar King and have them constantly do 99,999 damage to you (which turns into AP).

wont I die from that damage? oh and how do i get Overdrive -> AP

Chris R

Was the monster capture stuff in X-2 originally? Or was it added? And do I actually need to do it or is it mostly there as a side activity?

Aeana

Was the monster capture stuff in X-2 originally? Or was it added? And do I actually need to do it or is it mostly there as a side activity?
It was added to the International version. It's entirely superfluous, but you can get some decent things if you complete the monster tales. Some good accessories early.

Holmes

wont I die from that damage? oh and how do i get Overdrive -> AP
The character being hit will die, yes, and won't get any AP for that attack. But if your characters have the Comrade Overdrive setting, they'll both be getting tons of AP. Alternatively, you can have Auron with Auto-Haste and another character with Auto-Phoenix, have Auron set to Stoic and your others with Comrade, hit the Don Tonberry, Auron dies, everyone gets AP, Auron is revived, and has Haste right away.

I mean, that's a more advanced setup, it'll be very touch-and-go at the beginning, but you will be getting tons of AP regardless. Your stats will skyrocket.

Aurizen

The character being hit will die, yes, and won't get any AP for that attack. But if your characters have the Comrade Overdrive setting, they'll both be getting tons of AP. Alternatively, you can have Auron with Auto-Haste and another character with Auto-Phoenix, have Auron set to Stoic and your others with Comrade, hit the Don Tonberry, Auron dies, everyone gets AP, Auron is revived, and has Haste right away.

I mean, that's a more advanced setup, it'll be very touch-and-go at the beginning, but you will be getting tons of AP regardless. Your stats will skyrocket.
wow it does sound difficult, I'll keep that in mind, I'll train at the Omega ruins or a while.

Hollycat

Where should I take Rikku after hers is finished?

If you want her to continue the theme of being the flash but make her strong as well, put her on Tidus's track. If you want her to be a fast heavy hitter put her on Wakka's grid. You can put her on Lulu's track to make a fast mage.

If you want a terrible character who sucks at life, put her on Khimari's track.

Aeana

It's cute how lowscale everything is in the
Biran/Yenke
fight if you never level Kimahri for the whole game.

pariah164

You have to capture 1 of each enemy in 10 areas of Spira.

So it should be possible.

Well, let's see.

- Besaid
(Dark Velefor)
- Killika
(Dark Ifrit)
- Mihen Highroad (all clear)
- Djose Highroad (should be safe if temple is avoided)
- Thunder Plains
- Macalania (all clear I'm guessing if temple avoided)
- Bikanel (clear, I'm assuming)
- Gagazet (clear?)
- Zanarkand
(full of zombies and machina; not an option?)
- Calm Lands (done already)
-
Omega Ruins (LOL nope)

Am I missing anything?

Also, if anyone can give me tips to getting No Encounter weapons, I'd loooove that.

Beant

Also, if anyone can give me tips to getting No Encounter weapons, I'd loooove that.

The fiend that almost ate Tidus at the very beginning of the game can drop them - He is at the baaj temple. He doesnt drop it everytime - I had to reset it a few times to get him to drop one. Coordinates X=11-16, Y=57-63

Levyne

Banned
You can capture monsters from everywhere without running into Dark Aeons. I've hit the limit on all except Sin and Omega Ruins.

Top Bottom