• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

AmanoBuff

Title screen is ever better than you remember it too!
The remaster is missing this awful thing
PlayOnlineLogo.png

How was backtracking to Besaid.? I just beat
Spherimorph
and I want to go back there to get the
Jecht sphere
and
Valefor's second overdrive,
but I want to keep fighting to a minimum.

Did you got any No Encounters weapon? Or you just did it the hard way?

Lothar

Banned
The final bosses in the story mode are sooooo anticlimactic after doing the monster arena/serious grinding.

Well what'd you expect? Why would you grind in a Final Fantasy? They're always easy enough as it is.

Is there ever a time in any game that serious grinding doesn't make the parts after drastically worse?

Beant

Well what'd you expect? Why would you grind in a Final Fantasy? They're always easy enough as it is.

Is there ever a time in any game that serious grinding doesn't make the parts after drastically worse?

Well I was using the term 'grinding' to mean get ready for dark aeons, nemesis etc. I didnt do any grinding or extra leveling at all until I got control of the airship. It made
yunalesca
engaging and tense. I recognize its the nature of FF games that doing the all side quests will make the end story boss extremely trivial, but that doesn't stop me from feeling disappointed that there is all this back story and buildup that is over in ~5 unsatisfying seconds (
insert sex joke
).

Aeana

Well, the optional content in the game is several orders of magnitude harder than the story content, but it's true that the story content in any RPG with super bosses is going to feel like a joke once you start preparing yourself for those.

Flandy

How was backtracking to Besaid.? I just beat
Spherimorph
and I want to go back there to get the
Jecht sphere
and
Valefor's second overdrive,
but I want to keep fighting to a minimum.

Did you got any No Encounters weapon? Or you just did it the hard way?

Took me like 40 mins to get to Besaid. That's just going there and not coming back. Took a bit less to get back since I had watched all the Jecht Spheres already on my way back. When you get to the beach where the operation went down it will look like the path is blocked, but it isn't. You use some boxes as stairs to go over the rubble.

Didn't have any no encounter equipment. As far as I'm aware I can't get any yet. I just ended up putting Rikku and Tidus in my main part so every time I got into a battle I made Rikku steal something if she went first and then I made Tidus use his flee ability that lets everyone escape at once.

So I let somebody go on my blitzball team because he was ASS..

now I don't have enough players to play and I don't remember how to sign people :(

Well, the optional content in the game is several orders of magnitude harder than the story content, but it's true that the story content in any RPG with super bosses is going to feel like a joke once you start preparing yourself for those.

Most people go and beat the game to see the ending before they take on the optional super-hard content anyways in RPGs.

XJF

I hate how I have to go out of my way to forfeit I League match if I don't need the points from it...

kick51

Banned
I think I'm enjoying this way more than even when I first played it not long after the original release came out. The laughing scene was actually really endearing. I'm liking the story a whole lot more this time around. The presentation of the game has its rough edges but it's amazing how much they got right for their first stab at a fully voice acted Final Fantasy game. also, "Meg Ryan" fits perfectly in the character allotment for Tidus' name.

fuck the blitzball trophy. Took me 2 hours to beat it, even using AI exploiting tactics. goddamned abus might be the only guy who follows you to the right corner, but I kept getting bad luck with bad passes and he'd score each time. And I swear the game cheats--there'd always be like 3 guys in Abus' circle, yet one dude actually in the "encounter" or w/e.

I am at Macalania right now before entering the temple. Can I trek back from here to Djose and pick up the Destruction sphere I missed or do I need to complete the temple first?

ZeroX03

Banned
fuck the blitzball trophy. Took me 2 hours to beat it, even using AI exploiting tactics. goddamned abus might be the only guy who follows you to the right corner, but I kept getting bad luck with bad passes and he'd score each time. And I swear the game cheats--there'd always be like 3 guys in Abus' circle, yet one dude actually in the "encounter" or w/e.

People, you realize the Goers match is not linked to the trophy, right? Why would you stress yourself to get the "Won a Blitzball game" trophy you can get after Luca incredibly easily by recruiting a completely new team.

Looking back on it now, it's amazing how FFX really was the last of the 'great' Final Fantasy titles. Afterwards, enormous amounts of talent began to leave Squenix, starting with Sakaguchi and Uematsu. It really was the end of an era.

kick51

Banned
People, you realize the Goers match is not linked to the trophy, right? Why would you stress yourself to get the "Won a Blitzball game" trophy you can get after Luca incredibly easily by recruiting a completely new team.

no, i didn't.

but they also guilt you into wanting to win it. I didn't want to let Hawaiian Bender down ;_;

Approximately how long would you guys say it takes to get from the
battle with Sin to the ending?

1-2 hours at the most.
You have a final dungeon. If you've got no-encounter and a beefy party you could shoot through it in no time.

Started up Last Mission.

hmm.................ugh
The cutscene after passing the 10th floor is cute.
Dunno if it's enough to keep me going though.

Oops. Just read that I have to 100% FFX-2 to get the special ending for Last Mission. Guess I'll put that aside.

Reveirg

Looking back on it now, it's amazing how FFX really was the last of the 'great' Final Fantasy titles. Afterwards, enormous amounts of talent began to leave Squenix, starting with Sakaguchi and Uematsu. It really was the end of an era.

I don't agree. Sakaguchi didn't even have that much to do with FFX, and Uematsu came back a few times. FFXI, XII and ARR were among the series' most successful titles with critics, too.

If anything, FFX was the -beginning- of an era: linear, cutscene+VO-intensive games made their debut here.

Squire

Banned
Made it to Macalania Temple. I feel like the game is easier than ever before, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

As this is the international edition, anyone have a sound strategy for the final boss? I don't plan on going after any of the celestial weapons.

Except XII was every bit as good, if not better :)

But that's for another topic!

Welp, looks like I still missed a Primer in the
Al Bhed Home
despite knowing ahead of time to watch out for 3 total @@.

Aeana

Al Bhed Home
If you still have a save before Home, you can go get it, make another save, then use an al bhed compilation sphere to import it into your main save.

So I know this is incredibly stupid, but part of me can't help wishing there was a plot-twist way later in the game that reveals that Yuna has been the narrator throughout the game all along. Man voice and all. With zero explanation.

Yea absolutely. Squaresoft was just in a different league.

Prototype

Al Bhed Home

I agree, 11 and 12 were the end of that era. X was the start of the last great era.

XJF

He's great. Hope you're not planning on doing the reset data trick to get the Sigil though, once you get players like Nimrook you'll never wanna let them go :p

Oh, I meant physically scored a goal against him lol I have Jumal as my Goalie right now. He's good enough for me. Having Tidus and Wedge on offense is OP. lol Especially the Jecht Shot

ramyeon

Oh, I meant physically scored a goal against him lol I have Jumal as my Goalie right now. He's good enough for me. Having Tidus and Wedge on offense is OP. lol Especially the Jecht Shot
Ah yeah, Jumal is pretty good early on too. Wedge and Tidus are still my go to offense too, Sphere Shot on Tidus is occasionally really good too, had a few goalies I couldn't score on with Jecht but could with a Sphere Shot boost.

Dice//

Banned
Is there a [concise] Blitzball guide anywhere?

I'm honestly playing just to power up Wakka then never go near it again.

I disagree. X was considerably better than XII in many ways. XII was a huge mess and unfocused but it was still pretty good though. You could see some of the unrealized ambitions it had in the opening CG. The International version with Zodiac Job System version cleans up some of the problems with class advancement but otherwise doesn't improve the game that much. It sure would be nice if they made FFXII HD Remaster.

Top Bottom