• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Shiina

So here's a question, how is blitzball in 10-2? I never played it because I had had quite enough of it in 10.

It's basically a Blitzball Manager. I can't remember if you can directly control anything during a match but outside of it you can contract players, give them training regimes, make tactical decisions during the game (I think) and that kind of stuff. You can also speed up the game so matches don't take that long. I remember that I enjoyed both versions of the game.

XJF

You didn't say how far you want to go, but Brother and Wedge both seriously tail off at higher levels..

I've been using Tidus, Wedge, Wakka, Brother, Zalitz, Jumal.
The fact that they tail of never affected me. I had to reset team to get one of the reels and the Sigil to appear. They dominate low levels as long as you let brother lure all defenders away, dish the ball to Tidus and have him Jecht Shot. Almost guaranteed 2 goals a game minimum. Which is all you need. I've shut out every team I've played so far, and I'm only 4 games away from receiving the Sigil

Question about doing the "reset data" regarding blitzball. What does that do exactly? Do you keep the players you recruited? Do they go back to level 1? I mean, if I'm just after the reels and sigil, should I be resetting my team until those are rewards? Is there any negative to doing so?

Question about doing the "reset data" regarding blitzball. What does that do exactly? Do you keep the players you recruited? Do they go back to level 1? I mean, if I'm just after the reels and sigil, should I be resetting my team until those are rewards? Is there any negative to doing so?

It essentially reverts all blitzball players to what they were like just after the initial blitzball game you did against the Goers. All players are level 1, all abilities are forgotten, all contract players leave your team, and I **believe** the rewards for the Leaugue play change.

Someone correct me if I got something wrong here.

XJF

You lose all players you've recruited, and everyone goes back t default level. Tidus goes to lvl 2, Wakka to lvl 3, etc. That's what I did. Took about 7 hours total for all Blitzball items related to trophies

Shiina

I've been using Tidus, Wedge, Wakka, Brother, Zalitz, Jumal.
The fact that they tail of never affected me. I had to reset team to get one of the reels and the Sigil to appear. They dominate low levels as long as you let brother lure all defenders away, dish the ball to Tidus and have him Jecht Shot. Almost guaranteed 2 goals a game minimum. Which is all you need. I've shut out every team I've played so far, and I'm only 4 games away from receiving the Sigil

What, why?

Don't worry, it'll click.

I'm almost 100% convinced that it's impossible to win that first blitzball game though. Can't assign Jehct shot before the game starts, get ONE use of it due to Tidus's HP. Tidus still leaves the game and brings in Wakka who's stats are far worse...I feel like losing 2 to 3 was a victory

Best way to win that game, control offense manually. i can't go 8-0, but I can run the clock til wakka gets in with his venom shot then win.

ZeroX03

Banned
Because, short of playing through another game, league, or tournament, it's the only way to get the prize list to change

You only have to reset data for the league to change, the tournament prizes rotate every 3 times you go into the Blitzball menu.

aett

I'd have no problem using "reset data", but: the Ronsos are a pain early on because of their insane Endurance, and the Al Bhed team's goalie starts off with a Catch stat that matches Tidus' Jecht Shot at level 3.

My first match against the Psyches yesterday went into eight overtimes. Zero to zero. Both teams had overpowered goalies. I finally got a Jecht shot to go in because I used it directly in front of the goal and got lucky. Whenever the shot missed, the rest of the match was a waste of time, because level 3 Tidus doesn't have enough HP to use it twice.

It essentially reverts all blitzball players to what they were like just after the initial blitzball game you did against the Goers. All players are level 1, all abilities are forgotten, all contract players leave your team, and I **believe** the rewards for the Leaugue play change.

Someone correct me if I got something wrong here.

You lose all players you've recruited, and everyone goes back t default level. Tidus goes to lvl 2, Wakka to lvl 3, etc. That's what I did. Took about 7 hours total for all Blitzball items related to trophies

Oh that sounds gross. Can you go back and recruit all the players that were reset right away? 7 hours... ughhhh. I want to get Wakka's stuff (since I've never done it on any previous playthrough), but that just sounds so boring and not fun at all. D:

VRMN

ya, that's exactly how I won this game both times. Can it be that it's only way to win it? When I tried to score a bit earlier in second half, we went into overtime and situation got out of control, I lost it, of course.

edited: decided to elaborate on why I scored early, I was hoping to score with Tidus 2 times, but it didn't work, he had very low hp afterwards and when I tried to shoot one more time, jecht shot wasn't even an option to choose, he just made simple shot, and we all know how those go.
I won 2-0; played keepaway in the first half, just constantly passing. Second half I got it to Tidus and used the Jecht Shot. When Wakka joined, I scored with his Venom Shot and then went back to keepaway for the remainder.

Oh that sounds gross. Can you go back and recruit all the players that were reset right away? 7 hours... ughhhh. I want to get Wakka's stuff (since I've never done it on any previous playthrough), but that just sounds so boring and not fun at all. D:

Assuming you have the
airship
, yea, unless you had someone on your team whose contract expired with another team (Nimrook for example).

XJF

assuming they started as free agents, Yes. The team I use is all Free agents. Brother (ship), Wakka (ship). Wedge (Guarding stairs behind Blitz Counter in Luca), Zalitz (on road right before the Theater in Luca), Jumal (in Luca Square, 2 screens away from Mi'ihen)

Jassu just signed with the Glories, that little bitch! lol

For the first time in my life I actually won the story-required blitzball game, say whaaaaat. Goers scored two almost immediately, I got the ball and just passed it like crazy, unlocked the Jecht Shot in the next half and scored once, then scored once again with Wakka's Venom Shot, went into double overtime and scored again with Wakka.

I was disappointed when the only difference was what the announcer says immediately afterwards and that Wakka's holding a trophy in the scene after the attack, lol. OH WELL.

Wazzy

Banned
Finally starting this! I'm just at the part where
Tidus is captured by Rikku
and I like almost everything so far. I think my only gripes are Tidus's model and some of tracks in the game are more noticeable than I thought, such as the boss theme which isn't as good as the original. Thankfully the battle theme sounds good in the game.

Shiina

Because, short of playing through another game, league, or tournament, it's the only way to get the prize list to change

I think you can reset the prize list by saving, loading and checking it again. Been a long time, though.

Assuming you have the
airship
, yea, unless you had someone on your team whose contract expired with another team (Nimrook for example).

assuming they started as free agents, Yes. The team I use is all Free agents. Brother (ship), Wakka (ship). Wedge (Guarding stairs behind Blitz Counter in Luca), Zalitz (on road right before the Theater in Luca), Jumal (in Luca Square, 2 screens away from Mi'ihen)

Jassu just signed with the Glories, that little bitch! lol

Ah, gotcha. Well, I'm gonna see how it goes. I'd like to finally get his ultimate weapon/reels, but... we'll see. :p

Tiu Neo

I kind of think the "you just didn't like it because you were expecting something else" excuse is bogus.

Yeah, it may be to some people. To me it was true. I was expecting something more like FFVIII HD, when I first saw the game. Didn't like it that much at first because of it, but when I played without expectations, ended liking it for what it was, even with it's faults.

Holmes

Cindy is either the stupidest Magus sister, or a masochist. Two other sisters dead, she's in critical, I tell her to "help each other out." What does she do? Take a break, obviously.

Oh? See, I know nothing about Wakka's requirements or anything. Why 450 battles? lol

Should I just wait until the end of the game to try the blitzball stuff?

Yea, it's a hidden requirement. 250 battles for status reels, 450 for aurochs reels, sigil will appear as a prize randomly after all reels are obtained. I usually just wait til right before setting off to
gagazett
, should be fine if you explore everywhere. But yea, definitely wait til mid-late game for the reels/sigil.

Seik

Banned
I'm at thunder plains, playing the int. version.

I NEED ABILITY SPHERES, FFS. D:

I've been keeping my levels until I find some since Calm Land and I got something like 1 or 2 of these. All my party is Sphere level 8-9 at least, waiting for me to get some. I got tired of waiting with some character and skipped some abilities, knowing I'll have to go back later in the game when I'll want to 100% the sphere grid. ;_;

Any trick? I don't remember needing those as much as this back then.

XJF

I've been keeping my levels until I find some since Calm Land and I got something like 1 or 2 of these. All my party is Sphere level 8-9 at least, waiting for me to get some.

Wakka Sphere grid. You should have unlocked an ability "Extract Ability". I got it in Kilika. If he has it, have him attack and enemy with it. That enemy will then drop ability spheres.

I've been keeping my levels until I find some since Calm Land and I got something like 1 or 2 of these. All my party is Sphere level 8-9 at least, waiting for me to get some. I got tired of waiting with some character and skipped some abilities, knowing I'll have to go back later in the game when I'll want to 100% the sphere grid. ;_;

Use the Ability strike or whatever it's called Wakka learns. When the enemy dies, guaranteed drop of ability spheres.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, for instance, in the middle of my tournament for the Auroch Reels, a new league popped up with a random prize and NOT the sigil, because I hadn't won the Auroch Reels yet. So in order to NOT have to play through a "dummy" 10 game league once I was done with the tournament, I reset data until it appeared. You can still chew through everyone (with close matches against the Al Bhed team) with a team of fresh free agents.

Yea, it's a hidden requirement. 250 battles for status reels, 450 for aurochs reels, sigil will appear as a prize randomly after all reels are obtained. I usually just wait til right before setting off to
gagazett
, should be fine if you explore everywhere. But yea, definitely wait til mid-late game for the reels/sigil.

Oh thanks, that's good to know. I'll definitely hold off for a while then.

Seik

Banned
Wakka Sphere grid. You should have unlocked an ability "Extract Ability". I got it in Kilika. If he has it, have him attack and enemy with it. That enemy will then drop ability spheres.

I heard about it, but I think I got lost on Wakka's sphere grid...Yuna has it, though (wtf..).

I tried with Yuna a few times yesterday but it gave me jack. :/

Will check my stuff later tonight. Damn. Thanks for the answers guys!

Levyne

Banned
I heard about it, but I think I got lost on Wakka's sphere grid...Yuna has it, though (wtf..).

It will show up at the end of the battle, so it's not like Steal, it just makes it drop.

XJF

Sorry, I just always assume people are using the Standard Grid, that's my bad.

Just finished Game 7 for the Sigil and have a 10 point lead on goers! Gonna forfeit the last 3 matches and still get it! Woot!

Atlantis

If you're using the Expert Sphere Grid, Yuna should have it.

XJF

For Kimahri's final Blue Magic ability, does anyone know if I have to wait for them to use it first, or can I pull it prior to them using it?

Magnus

For Kimahri's final Blue Magic ability, does anyone know if I have to wait for them to use it first, or can I pull it prior to them using it?

Can't all blue magic spells be yanked with Lancet straight away from their casters?

Also, g'damn, love having casters/healers with Lancet - MP issues begone.

Levyne

Banned
I think the only exception to that is anything from
Biran or Yenke
, who have to cast it first. At least for some/most of their abilities.

XJF

Can't all blue magic spells be yanked with Lancet straight away from their casters?

Also, g'damn, love having casters/healers with Lancet - MP issues begone.

If you want White Wind and Mighty Guard from the Forced fight you have to wait till they hit critical health and use it before you can draw it.

I think the only exception to that is anything from
Biran or Yenke,
who have to cast it first. At least for some/most of their abilities.
Only for the two mentioned above. All otherrs can be drawn whenever. Did we stop using spoiler tags around here?

Question. If I wanted Kimahri to get Steal/Use early on, would it be better to just hold off leveling him at all (like using up his sphere levels; holding onto them) until I get that Level 1 Key sphere? I could level him up some prior to that, but I'd just have to waste sphere levels returning to the beginning to get onto Rikku's path, right?

Atlantis

Question. If I wanted Kimahri to get Steal/Use early on, would it be better to just hold off leveling him at all (like using up his sphere levels; holding onto them) until I get that Level 1 Key sphere? I could level him up some prior to that, but I'd just have to waste sphere levels returning to the beginning to get onto Rikku's path, right?

Best to just park him near the gate, yes.

Luigi87

Yeesh, I played this over a decade ago and never thought much about it, but playing through it now, everytime Tidus narrates, I can't help but think of the TV show The Wonder Years. I think it's the tone.

XJF

Whoa! I don't think the Jupiter Sigil is required for Platinum....
That's stupid... how did I miss that.

Top Bottom