• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

Isn't it? You need it to upgrade a Celestial Weapon, IIRC.

nope. Only need to have the WEAPONS, never specifies upgraded. Just got Kimahri's weapon and the trophy popped. I don't have Auron's thing for the 10 Area/Species conquests...

Falk

that puzzling face
It's been known for some time that you only need the weapons and not sigils.

Which is why the bitching about lightning/chocobos/etc has been pretty hilarious.

edit: To be fair re: Chocobo racing, Tidus is pretty baller for endgame if you're not going to Yojimbo everything.

XJF

It's been known for some time that you only need the weapons and not sigils.

Which is why the bitching about lightning/chocobos/etc has been pretty hilarious.

Lightning dodging and both difficult chocobo races have Trophies DIRECTLY linked to them. (Lightning Dancer, Chocobo Rider, and Chocobo Master)

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh whoops, rechecked the list. You're right! (Had them both cleared already, wasn't showing up on incomplete trophies)

blackflag

Is this really not being carried at any B&M stores? I can't find it anywhere. I want it today for my plane ride and no one seems to carry it.

I don't want to use 6 gig on one of my Vita cards to download it. I'd have to basically delete everything on one of the cards.

Lightning dodging and both difficult chocobo races have Trophies DIRECTLY linked to them. (Lightning Dancer, Chocobo Rider, and Chocobo Master)

And there's one for getting all the reels right? Might as well just toss in 10 more blitz games and finish the weapon off right.

XJF

And there's one for getting all the reels right? Might as well just toss in 10 more blitz games and finish the weapon off right.

But by the time it's available you've already played minimum of 17 games. I never used Wakka in my previous playthroughs. Why play an extra 10 games for no reason? Would've saved like 2 hours. Just letting people know.

I can't get this stupid large bird to appear in Besaid so I can capture it

Holmes

But by the time it's available you've already played minimum of 17 games. I never used Wakka in my previous playthroughs. Why play an extra 10 games for no reason? Would've saved like 2 hours. Just letting people know.

I can't get this stupid large bird to appear in Besaid so I can capture it
Unless you customize Break Damage Limit on one of Wakka's weapons, you'll want an upgraded World Champion because of attack reels.

Zafir

Finally got my PS3 LE version from Amazon UK. So glad they didn't use the horrible artbook case like they did with Kingdom Hearts.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So wait, I was reading the wiki and (BIG ENDING SPOILERS)
apparently Dream Zanarkand is actually a physical location within Spira? I just though Tidus came from a literal dream world, e.g. it only existed in the minds of the sleeping Fayth. But the wiki indicates that Dream Zanarkand is a physical location that's just hard to get to and Tidus washes up at that temple because its just a location near the summoned city. Is there anything in the game that talks about this, or did I just miss it on my playthroughs when I was younger?

Atlantis

Unless you customize Break Damage Limit on one of Wakka's weapons, you'll want an upgraded World Champion because of attack reels.

Regardless, you'll want the Celestial Weapons as they have the unique property of ignoring enemy defense. Anyone not using one is pretty much useless when it comes to fighting the super bosses.

Flandy

The more I play this the more tempted I am to platinum this.
I'm at the entrance to
Home atm. Right before THAT scene

rubius01

apparently Dream Zanarkand is actually a physical location within Spira? I just though Tidus came from a literal dream world, e.g. it only existed in the minds of the sleeping Fayth. But the wiki indicates that Dream Zanarkand is a physical location that's just hard to get to and Tidus washes up at that temple because its just a location near the summoned city. Is there anything in the game that talks about this, or did I just miss it on my playthroughs when I was younger?

Your were right initially. The wiki is full of shit

Son Of D

I might be wrong, but the Ultimania confirms that Dream Zanarkand is beyond Baaj Temple which is why Tidus washes up there after Sin's attack. In game however I don't think it's outright stated where it is, but seeing that Tidus washes up there is a clue. I also believe Auron has a line where he says that he "rode Sin to get to your Zanarkand" which implies that it's a physical location.

Apathy

Don't worry, it'll click.

I'm almost 100% convinced that it's impossible to win that first blitzball game though. Can't assign Jehct shot before the game starts, get ONE use of it due to Tidus's HP. Tidus still leaves the game and brings in Wakka who's stats are far worse...I feel like losing 2 to 3 was a victory in an of itself.

Also, did the combat engine get tweeked at all? I got up to the aeon battle before the Shoopuff last night, Regina King cast haste on Thunderhorse, I did ifrits limit break, 3.4k damage, but it's almost dead, Thunderhorse gets 11, COUNT'EM 11 turns. I never encountered anything like that on the PS2 version.

Nah, it's not hard to win the first game (or maybe I'm just some sort of Blitzball god and I didn't know it). I ended up winning 3-0 with Keepa getting 3 saves.

ubercheez

Nah, it's not hard to win the first game (or maybe I'm just some sort of Blitzball god and I didn't know it). I ended up winning 3-0 with Keepa getting 3 saves.

It's definitely possible to beat, but if you've never had trouble with it, the RNG gods have been very kind to you.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Your were right initially. The wiki is full of shit

Apparently not?

I might be wrong, but the Ultimania confirms that Dream Zanarkand is beyond Baaj Temple which is why Tidus washes up there after Sin's attack. In game however I don't think it's outright stated where it is, but seeing that Tidus washes up there is a clue. I also believe Auron has a line where he says that he "rode Sin to get to your Zanarkand" which implies that it's a physical location.

Well, the interesting thing to me is that Yu Yevon's motivation seems to make more sense if there's a physical location he's protecting since development of technology like the Airships would probably result in Dream Zanarkand being discovered at some point, but if its only in the dreams of the sleeping Fayth, I don't see how the evolution of society would matter.

B.K.

Tidus's Zanarkand actually exists somewhere in Spira. The city and everyone in it are Aeons being summoned by Yu Yevon from inside Sin.

SirNinja

I'm almost 100% convinced that it's impossible to win that first blitzball game though

It's difficult, but not impossible. Pass the ball around to all your teammates during the first half to get their XP up and to keep the ball away from the Goers. In particular, do NOT let Abus get the ball. He has a stupidly-high Throw stat, and Keepa usually can't block his goal attempts.

During the second half, you have three minutes to score a goal with the Jecht Shot (remember that it'll also take care of up to two defenders, so you won't have to Break to them). During the final two minutes, use Wakka's Venom Shot as much as possible; it's an excellent ability that can easily get you one or two more points before the final buzzer.

Angry Grimace

It's difficult, but not impossible. Pass the ball around to all your teammates during the first half to get their XP up and to keep the ball away from the Goers. In particular, do NOT let Abus get the ball. He has a stupidly-high Throw stat, and Keepa usually can't block his goal attempts.

During the second half, you have three minutes to score a goal with the Jecht Shot (remember that it'll also take care of up to two defenders, so you won't have to Break to them). During the final two minutes, use Wakka's Venom Shot as much as possible; it's an excellent ability that can easily get you one or two more points before the final buzzer.

I scored a couple times off of regular shots and I even missed the Jecht Shot. All you really have to do is get either Tidus or Wakka in a single break near the goal, which you can kind of manipulate by drawing them away.

But I still lost because Abus scored three goals since defense is pretty automated. I think the key is just playing keepaway as much as possible.

ss_lemonade

I'm almost 100% convinced that it's impossible to win that first blitzball game though. Can't assign Jehct shot before the game starts, get ONE use of it due to Tidus's HP. Tidus still leaves the game and brings in Wakka who's stats are far worse...I feel like losing 2 to 3 was a victory in an of itself.

I was able to win on my 3rd try. Jecht shot didn't go through but I was able to score and win 1-0 with Wakka on the last second lol. I think the key is to use manual mode

Flandy

In the desert when suddenly!
10,000 NEEDLES! On Tidus on Lulu D:
13387853034_62a199367e_b.jpg

RIP

f u Cactuar
13387505115_b1449a6dbe_b.jpg

Its definitely nice experiencing the game again four years later. To be honest, I definitely think that there were a lot of things that I might have been a bit too harsh about back then. I feel bad for spewing out such hate filled comments about this game for so long. I always thought that the combat was pretty good though. I guess I'm just enjoying the story a bit more this time.

My disdain for the game was sort of caused by my love for XII and the apparent war that was going on at the time between fanbases of both of those games. This just coincided with Spoony's review, which in my naivete I found to make the game objectively terrible.

I still dislike a lot of aspects about the game though. Yuna and Rikku were pretty bad characters. I dislike the structure of the world, the linearity bothers me. It has my least favorite minigames out of all of them. The lowpoint of Nomura's character designs.

Overall, I still think XII is better in absolutely every aspect, but overall, I'm enjoying it much more this time, going into it with a more open mind.

I am not feeling the X-2 music sadly. The battle music is forgettable and nothing really stands out. The battle system however...pretty fun so far.

SkylineRKR

As with KH 1.5, I'm surprised how good FFX held up. Its also because Square completely rocks when it comes to HD upgrades.

I like its battle system more than before. Because it seems you'll need all sorts of skills. Its wise to use things as NulShock quite often. It makes a lot of battles much easier. Silence and Dark Attack enemies is also useful. In most other FF I would waltz thru random mobs with just attacks and it worked out. But in FFX I feel i need to be slightly more tactical.

I somehow can't wait to start with FFX-2 though. I never hated that game. Really fun battle system but too bad the game was way too easy.

As for FFXII I hope S-E will announce it, and with that I would cheer if it hits Vita again (and if its PS4 too, I'll double dip).

Jennipeg

I just beat the Goers at Blitzball! I'm so happy I could cry. I did it on my 2nd attempt, Wakka scored right at the end. I thought I was bound to lose because Tidus didn't level up so no Jecht Shot. Good old Wakka saved the day. I just passed, and hoped for the best. There isn't an awful lot of technigue, it's based on luck mostly. And one of the Goers is a terrible passer and kept fumbling the ball. The only tip I have is always play manual, cause on auto the players seem to swim in circles. Got myself a nice trophy.

ramyeon

You lose all players you've recruited, and everyone goes back t default level. Tidus goes to lvl 2, Wakka to lvl 3, etc. That's what I did. Took about 7 hours total for all Blitzball items related to trophies
This is crazy. I'm two leagues away from the Sigil and it's taken me far less than 7 hours without resetting the team data once.

Edit: Actually it'll probably be about 7 hours once I complete these leagues, but I'll have a really solid team by the end of it to show for it at least lol.

Jin

That dialogue...

Tidus: I knew you were bad news the minute I laid eyes on you!
Seymour: Oh, my sincerest apologies.
Tidus: Seymour!

The way Tidus said the last line was pretty funny.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Where are the damn glowing stone things in the Thunder Plains? I found one, can't seem to pin down the other two.
They move periodically. From my limited testing, they appear on lightning strikes and disappear after a couple of seconds. I just stood next to one I never activated and waited for lightning to move them around.

Anybody else playing with the minimap turned off? I feel like I can enjoy the game more without focusing on the map to tell me where to go all the time. And it's not like enemies show up on there like XIII.

Top Bottom