• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

I didn't need to see Wakka's face that many times :p

adDHurT.jpg

Just beat the game for the first time.
That ending got me good, closest a game has ever gotten me to tears. Dammit Tidus :(. Also that ending credit music is too good.

Please XV, at some point have me feel what I'm feeling right now.

XJF

Just beat the game for the first time.
That ending got me good, closest a game has ever gotten me to tears. Dammit Tidus :(. Also that ending credit music is too good.

Please XV, at some point have me feel what I'm feeling right now.

What was the song in the credits? I've always liked the Orchestral Version of 1000 Words they used in the credits to X-2.

btw, Wantz finally dragged his ass to Macalania for me. Not sure why he wasn't here earlier when I checked.

What was the song in the credits? I've always liked the Orchestral Version of 1000 Words they used in the credits to X-2.

btw, Wantz finally dragged his ass to Macalania for me. Not sure why he wasn't here earlier when I checked.

Orchestral version of Suteki da Ne. Didn't think much of it when I heard it on Theatrythm but it was pretty effective.

And now the quest for the platinum begins!

Loke13

Operation Mihen
was a complete failure.... Makes me sad for all the Chocobos and members of the crusaders that died. Wonder if it was part of Seymour's plan to weaken Spira.
He probably heard about it and recognized it for the clusterfuck that it was and decided to show up just to watch Sin kill everybody.

I don't know if I was just underpowered when I fought him (I doubt it), but
I thought Jecht was the hardest boss of the game.
Yunalesca
was more about strategic party swapping and
Seymour Flux
was easy once you learn to poison/dispel reflect.

I ended up using a triple 999 and then super buffed my party with haste/protect/double hp and then quick hit him to death. Felt more cheap than satisfying.

man Tidus sure is quick on his feet...

Tidus: She's an Al Bhe-eeehhhhheeeeeehhhhhhh ...ummm
somehow Wakka remains oblivious

Tidus: Killed by Sin. My old man. Damn you Jecht
Lulu: What?
Tidus: Oh. nothing

nice save dude

pariah164

Just to clarify, in X-2, you can skip dialogue for 100%, just not scenes, right?

Save for Maechen's, but why would you want to?
JLsXW5B.gif
Dat voice.

OmegaDL50

So.... should I grind
Inside Sin
or at the
Omega Ruins?
I feel inspired to go unlock everything in my sphere grid.

If you want to unlock everything on the Sphere Grid, the Don Tonberry trick is the way to go.

You'll first need a Triple AP weapon, which can be obtained from the Evil Eye enemy (which you can unlock him by capturing 5 of each of the Eyeball monsters for the Monster Arena)

Once you obtain a Triple AP weapon with at least two free slots, customize this weapon to have the effect Overdrive > AP, which you need 10 Door to Tommorow items, you'll win 99 of these for unlocking Catastrophe at the Monster Arena, this requires you capture 6 areas of monsters, i.e every monster from Besaid, Killika, etc

Once you have three different weapons with Triple AP + Overdrive to AP on them, set two characters on Comrade Overdrive mode, and one character in Stoic Overdrive mode.

Fight the Don Tonberry in the arena, and have the character with Stoic AP mode attack, Don Tonberry will retaliate with Karma which usually kills the character who attacked him. Have one of the Comrade OD characters revive the Stoic (Or have Auto-Phoenix on a piece of armor), have the Stoic attack Don Tonberry again, rinse, repeat until Don Tonberry is close and then flee the battle with everyone alive.

What you are doing is converting the damage Don Tonberry inflicts on your Stoic OD character into Overdrive, which is then converted to AP, and thus triple AP triples this amount (using Triple Overdrive would make this times SIX)

Doing this you can effectively get 99 sphere levels in 5 minutes fighting Don Tonberry. It's by far the quickest and most effective method to maxing out a characters sphere grid in the game,

^Thanks! I'll definitely save that for later.

Got the sun sigil in like 10 minutes after an hour of raging yesterday. Honestly... it isn't as awful as people make it out to be. If you just focus entirely on balloons eventually you'll get run where you barely get hit by birds.

Korezo

I don't know how I played this game when I was younger. Everything feels 100x harder. I tried to get anima and can't get past 1st water boss, so I try get ject sphere / al bhed book in besaid and can't beat dark valfor, tried omega ruins died. I can't progress for crap, I don't remember struggling this much. I must of grind like crazy back then. Where should I go grind? Feel like buying the vita version just for the grinding.

ZeroX03

Banned
If you want to unlock everything on the Sphere Grid, the Don Tonberry trick is the way to go.

You'll first need a Triple AP weapon, which can be obtained from the Evil Eye enemy (which you can unlock him by capturing 5 of each of the Eyeball monsters for the Monster Arena)

Once you obtain a Triple AP weapon with at least two free slots, customize this weapon to have the effect Overdrive > AP, which you need 10 Door to Tommorow items, you'll win 99 of these for unlocking Catastrophe at the Monster Arena, this requires you capture 6 areas of monsters, i.e every monster from Besaid, Killika, etc

Once you have three different weapons with Triple AP + Overdrive to AP on them, set two characters on Comrade Overdrive mode, and one character in Stoic Overdrive mode.

Fight the Don Tonberry in the arena, and have the character with Stoic AP mode attack, Don Tonberry will retaliate with Karma which usually kills the character who attacked him. Have one of the Comrade OD characters revive the Stoic (Or have Auto-Phoenix on a piece of armor), have the Stoic attack Don Tonberry again, rinse, repeat until Don Tonberry is close and then flee the battle with everyone alive.

What you are doing is converting the damage Don Tonberry inflicts on your Stoic OD character into Overdrive, which is then converted to AP, and thus triple AP triples this amount (using Triple Overdrive would make this times SIX)

Doing this you can effectively get 99 sphere levels in 5 minutes fighting Don Tonberry. It's by far the quickest and most effective method to maxing out a characters sphere grid in the game,

The Stoic character doing the attacking should also be your character who's killed the most fiends, as Don Tonberry's Karma damage is based off # of kills. Means you take the most damage, and get the most AP.

Got the complete celestial weapons for tidus, rikku, and kimahri today. Gonna work on Yuna's and Auron's tomorrow. Got yojimbo and anima today as well. productive gaming today lol

Not looking forward to Lulu's lighting crap tho :(

ramyeon

Oh man, I really wanna know who thought it was a good idea to make Lulu's Sigil require 200 dodges in a row. Would it really be so bad to simply have made it cumulative? I was okay with Chocobos and Blitzball but this is crazy... Highest I've made it is mid-40s and then one missed press and one lapse of attention and you're back where you started.

pariah164

Oh man, I really wanna know who thought it was a good idea to make Lulu's Sigil require 200 dodges in a row. Would it really be so bad to simply have made it cumulative? I was okay with Chocobos and Blitzball but this is crazy... Highest I've made it is mid-40s and then one missed press and one lapse of attention and you're back where you started.
You need alone time, in a dark room, with no distractions. In my experience, that's the only way I beat it when I was younger. I even put a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the game room door.

I love the fact that there are Dark Aeons to fight but whoever decided to put one at a Besaid is a huge dick. Pretty ridiculous that I'll have to be strong enough to take one out before I even get to Yuna's maxed Celestial weapon.

ZeroX03

Banned
I love the fact that there are Dark Aeons to fight but whoever decided to put one at a Besaid is a huge dick. Pretty ridiculous that I'll have to be strong enough to take one out before I even get to Yuna's maxed Celestial weapon.

Only if you miss the Besaid destruction sphere.

ZeroX03

Banned
Which is ridiculously easy to do, I knew about it and accidentally triggered the cutscene anyway. Ah well.

Should've reloaded your save, I made the same mistake.

Doesn't the airship land on the beach? He can get the Moon Crest without ever facing
Dark Valefor.
The destruction sphere matters for
Anima
, right?

All Aeons are required for Yuna's Celestial Weapon, you need them to get into Remiem temple for the Moon Sigil.

ramyeon

You need alone time, in a dark room, with no distractions. In my experience, that's the only way I beat it when I was younger. I even put a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the game room door.
Heh yeah, even then I'm not sure I have the patience to do it. I can't even imagine how it'd feel to be in the 100s and screw up, there's just way too much room for error. It's sadistic.
All Aeons are required for Yuna's Celestial Weapon, you need them to get into Remiem temple for the Moon Sigil.
You don't need any of the hidden Aeons to get into the temple, you can even get the Magus Sisters without them. But you can't fight Belgemine's Anima, or Yojimbo unless you have them too, so yeah you need them in order to finish all her fights.

...I was walking down mushroom rock road just outside the crusader base...and I got jumped by the dark magus sisters out of no where. Lost 2 hours of gaming. I did not see it coming.

ZeroX03

Banned
You don't need any of the hidden Aeons to get into the temple, you can even get the Magus Sisters without them. But you can't fight Belgemine's Anima, or Yojimbo unless you have them too, so yeah you need them in order to finish all her fights.

That's what I meant, I just couldn't be bothered being more precise.

EDIT: No you need Anima to get Magus Sisters. You can get the Flower/Blossom items but the door still won't open.

ramyeon

EDIT: No you need Anima to get Magus Sisters.
No you don't. You get what you need to go into the cloister after beating her Bahamut. I just did it like 10 minutes ago.

Edit: Ah looks like you're right, apparently even with the right items you need all the summons.

Moosehole

EDIT: No you need Anima to get Magus Sisters. You can get the Flower/Blossom items but the door still won't open.
Nope. You get one item needed to open the door by defeating Belgemine's Bahamut, and the other by capturing one of each enemy from Mt. Gagazet.

OmegaDL50

So apparently
Dark Yojimbo needs to beaten 5 consecutive times to be killed off for good

However there is some sort of caveat to this that maybe worth exploiting. IF you kill him 4 times, save the game, quit and reload it resets the counter, meaning you need to do it all over again, however this only works if you beat him four times and don't finish him off for good with the 5th and final kill.

What is the point in doing this you may ask? Well he drops Dark Matters as a common drop, and Master Spheres as a Rare drop.

Dark Matters can be used to add the Break Damage Limit effect to weapons, and Ribbon Effect to Armor, and Master Spheres can unlock any node on the entire sphere grid regardless where a character is position. Meaning being able to unlock any node at anytime without needing to be adjacent to a node to unlock it.

Although I digress, by the time you are strong enough to kill
Dark Yojimbo
, none of your characters would probably need an endless supply of Dark Matters or Master Spheres, oh well.

ramyeon

Up to 50 dodges of lightning and I had to pause the game.

Now I'm worried when I go back to it I'll be out of rhythm for dodging haha. This sigil is gonna do my head in.

pariah164

Hearing X-2's music reminds me that the Japanese VAs recorded vocal versions of their character themes... I think I still have them somewhere around here.

Finally got my Limited copy in and though I don't have time, I booted it up to see the intro. It's so nice. Felt like coming home to something. In HD.

Top Bottom