• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

XJF

Just need Master Tonberries in the Omega Ruins, grrrr

Just beat the area boss there. You are FORCED to fight Master Tonberry en route to fight the area boss. You can fight Master Tonberry and then leave without fighting area boss if you'd like.

Levyne

Banned
Just beat the area boss there. You are FORCED to fight Master Tonberry en route to fight the area boss. You can fight Master Tonberry and then leave without fighting area boss if you'd like.

Do you mean the
enemy spawning platforms or past that?

Dariso

Neo Member

I also agree that Tidus and Yuna's new faces are less expressive. But it doesn't look like they change anything regarding animations.I actually think its the new eyes they gave the models.
Interesting how a simple eye change can make the characters less expressive. The other characters look for the most part alright, but Tidus and Yuna i think look worst sadly.
Other than that and the new music sometimes not being as good as the original, this remaster is really good. They put a lot of work into it.

ramyeon

Finally done with Blitzball for the time being, got the Sigil and powered up Wakka's celestial weapon. So that's Wakka and Tidus down... Those are two of the most time consuming right? The only other ones I'm really not looking forward to are Lulu's and Kimahri's.

kick51

Banned
I also agree that Tidus and Yuna's new faces are less expressive. But it doesn't look like they change anything regarding animations.I actually think its the new eyes they gave the models.
Interesting how a simple eye change can make the characters less expressive. The other characters look for the most part alright, but Tidus and Yuna i think look worst sadly.
Other than that and the new music sometimes not being as good as the original, this remaster is really good. They put a lot of work into it.

her eyes go totally derp after
seymour proposes and they are outside talking about it for the first time

one eye is just looking the other direction. The music I can understand, the horns in the original battle theme sound like flat, unimposing midi horns. but the faces were such a strange thing to "fix" and probably over the line, but it hasn't really impacted my enjoyment. though i hate to think that's what held this up for 3 years.

ZeroX03

Banned
Finally done with Blitzball for the time being, got the Sigil and powered up Wakka's celestial weapon. So that's Wakka and Tidus down... Those are two of the most time consuming right? The only other ones I'm really not looking forward to are Lulu's and Kimahri's.

Lulu and Kimahri's can be time consuming, it just depends on how good you are. Yuna's is just related to summons, as long as you can get Anima (as in not blocked by Dark Aeons) it's not too hard, Auron and Rikku aren't too hard.

ramyeon

Lulu and Kimahri's can be time consuming, it just depends on how good you are. Yuna's is just related to summons, as long as you can get Anima (as in not blocked by Dark Aeons) it's not too hard, Auron and Rikku aren't too hard.
Yeah I haven't really tried the butterflies or lightning properly yet but I sucked at it when I did lol. Getting a no encounter weapon to help out is gonna be annoying too.

Is it worth upgrading stats on Aeons for Yuna's Aeon fight? Haven't even touched that stuff yet.

Aurizen

Maechen has the best voice. I loved listening to his long story in FFX-2.

Maechen is amazing, so is his voice actor.
I completely agree! who is his VA?

Yeah I haven't really tried the butterflies or lightning properly yet but I sucked at it when I did lol. Getting a no encounter weapon to help out is gonna be annoying too.

Is it worth upgrading stats on Aeons for Yuna's Aeon fight? Haven't even touched that stuff yet.

upgrading stats are a waste of time, giving them skills are helpful but i havent touched it yet.

ZeroX03

Banned

For a No Encounter item, just catch a Ghost from the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth and then fight it at the Arena until it drops one. It has like a 6% drop rate and can be killed within a minute.

As long as Yuna's been leveled consistently you shouldn't need to upgrade Aeon stats.

pariah164

I completely agree! who is his VA?.
Dwight Schultz. He also voiced Mika and Oaka XXIII.

For a No Encounter item, just catch a Ghost from the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth and then fight it at the Arena until it drops one. It has like a 6% drop rate and can be killed within a minute.
There's a better way. Unlock Fafnir in the Monster Arena. Capture four of every dragon [Vouivre (Mi'ihen Highroad), Lamashtu (Mushroom Rock Road), Kusariqqu (Thunder Plains), Mushussu (Sanubia Desert), and Nidhogg (Cavern of the Stolen Fayth on Mt. Gagazet)]. You get 99 Purifying Salts this way. You don't even have to fight Fafnir.

ramyeon

As long as Yuna's been leveled consistently you shouldn't need to upgrade Aeon stats.
Ah yes, that sounds like the easiest way. Do I have to fight
Dark Yojimbo
there if I'm going after getting the Airship? Haven't even gone there yet.

Hellix

Dodging 200 lightning bolts is the most nerve-racking thing. I fucked up at about ~130 lightning bolts, but I did it the attempt after that. My palms are sweaty.

Geosgaeno, the boss guarding the Anima temple,
has a 50% chance to drop a No Encounter weapon. Luckily, I got it on my first try.

Should I buy this? Really tempted, argh.... I'm thinking Vita so I can play it anytime/the suspend + resume thing.

And if so, should I use a strategy guide or just wing it? I played it on the PS2 way back when, didn't finish the last bit though.

I don't usually buy games at full price. :p

pariah164

EFF.

I get to ~25 and then lose it. :T

Meh. Screw it. I wanna play X-2 already. I know the ending. I KNOW WHAT'S COMING. But first, Eternal Calm trophy.

Lothar

Banned
Should I buy this? Really tempted, argh.... I'm thinking Vita so I can play it anytime/the suspend + resume thing.

And if so, should I use a strategy guide or just wing it? I played it on the PS2 way back when, didn't finish the last bit though.

I don't usually buy games at full price. :p

Wing it. Discovering something in a game is only a neat thing if you discover it on your own. Strategy guides are for children.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's a better way. Unlock Fafnir in the Monster Arena. Capture four of every dragon [Vouivre (Mi'ihen Highroad), Lamashtu (Mushroom Rock Road), Kusariqqu (Thunder Plains), Mushussu (Sanubia Desert), and Nidhogg (Cavern of the Stolen Fayth on Mt. Gagazet)]. You get 99 Purifying Salts this way. You don't even have to fight Fafnir.

How's that better? It requires catching all over the world and can't be done before you get the airship. Ghost farming took all of 10 minutes.

Geosgaeno, the boss guarding the Anima temple,
has a 50% chance to drop a No Encounter weapon. Luckily, I got it on my first try.

This way is better, but is a one off.

Roto13

Oh, right, THAT'S what fucking sucks about the
Yunalesca
boss fight.

Nice to see that remains complete and utter bullshit so many years later.

Hellix

"Think they're big fireworks! Like a festival!"

LOL, SHUT THE FUCK UP WAKKA

5fdUsVO.jpg

krae_man

Okay I just got Auron to join the band and I'm walking along this grass path and these two zubats and a flaming basketball start kicking my ass out of nowhere with an ambush and brutal attack speed.

Luckaly I manage to get a turn before they kill me and realize the flaming basketballs
only use fire attacks and Yuna was still alive and I summon iFruit who gets healed every time they attack.

That made it easier. Almost lost an hour of progress.

Hollycat

My X-2 party is level 23 in chapter 1. I need to stop.

Meanwhile, Wakka in X is so powerful I can nearly kill the final final boss in one hit, yet somehow the dark aeons are still tough.

XJF

What monster drops empty 4-slot armor? I may have not helped out Oaka so now Wantz won't help me out lol

Top Bottom