• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Manu

I tried to do the lightning dodging yesterday. I got hit twice by lightning when leaving battle. Like, the battle would end, cut back to Tid--ZAP.

Fuck it. I'll go back when I can disable encounters.

Levyne

Banned
trying to get Auron's Sigil? something about catching monsters? but where?

You get area creations with capturing one of each fiend from an area, and species creations for one of each fiend within a species type. You need ten total. At least I think that's it.

I bet somewhere someone has calculated the shortest route, but I just captured a bunch of everything.

Nuklear

Banned
I really wish this was a cross-buy game. I would have picked it up without thinking, but shelling out $80 in total to be able to play anywhere and at anytime is a little too much for me.

Heropon

I tried to do the lightning dodging yesterday. I got hit twice by lightning when leaving battle. Like, the battle would end, cut back to Tid--ZAP.

Fuck it. I'll go back when I can disable encounters.

I had to use the crater trick to get it even with equipment with disable encounters.

I forgot that I had to get the content of the chest to trigger the trophy and I was really angry when I got hit.

Aurizen

You get area creations with capturing one of each fiend from an area, and species creations for one of each fiend within a species type. You need ten total. At least I think that's it.

I bet somewhere someone has calculated the shortest route, but I just captured a bunch of everything.

so its one monster from every area?

Operation Mihen
was a complete failure.... Makes me sad for all the Chocobos and members of the crusaders that died. Wonder if it was part of Seymour's plan to weaken Spira.

XJF

I thought the HP
Omega Weapon
was upped to 999,999 for the International version?

Edit: Nvm.... smh

I just got to the end of Macalania forest. I also beat the Goers for the first time. Woo! :D
But damn this game is still amazing.
I expected to get bored rather quickly considering I've already beaten it multiple times and probably sunk 150+ hours into the game, but here I am almost 15 hours into the game since Saturday and enjoying every minute.
I didn't even get annoyed by the random battles, I used every character every time and I spoke to every NPC around.
And NOTHING really nothing feels like a chore.

I expected so much less as I was so much younger the last time I played through the game, but it's still very magical despite all the weird pauses in dialog as well as the weird animations.
Everything in this game feels completely coherent to me. I know many people complain that the game is too linear, but I feel like there's so many subtleties to explore(e.g. When you can chose to eavesdrop on Wakka and Lulu, tons of optional conversations like the one with Luzzu
where he says that he told Chappu to enlist, shortly before Luzzu dies
or the way you can sometimes choose what you're going to say) that you never feel like you walk along one path, which is basically the exact opposite of FFXIII (Being able to get anywhere by airship also helps, I guess :D ).

I can really recommend Expert Sphere Grid to everyone it's just really a lot more fun if you can choose in what way you want to skill your character. To me it's still one of the best skill systems ever. I'm making Kimahri a full on black mage this time and he kicks ass. He always used to suck during my other playthroughs. Yuna is probably still the best character if you just give some black magic she gets extremely good pretty quick!
I noticed that way too late in my very first playthrough of the game, but I've been quick to make her learn it every time since.
I'm kinda dissapointed in Tidus right now though, he used to always be just a bit weaker than Auron, but right now he's kinda low on Strength, but he's already got Slowga so there's that.

I never beat all the Dark Aeons or Penance in the original game and I never was able to get the Celestial Weapons for Lulu and Wakka, despite putting hours of hours into Blitzball, don't think I can bring up the time to do it this time around, but that platinum trophy is something I'd really like to have, we'll see how quickly I get bored of the endgame, I suppose.

Overall the game definitely hasn't aged one bit (Okay maybe a bit), but it still feels like the best Final Fantasy and to me even the best RPG of all time and I haven't even complemented the amazing music yet.

I've watched the ending on youtube a couple of months back and the way Tidus leaves to never come back is such a beautiful scene especially with that music. Really gets me all emotional. To Zanarkand , Suteki Da Ne and the Ending Theme are real heavy hitters imo.
Truly one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had and it's still so good after all this time. Definitely my favorite game of the PS2 era.

Got totally wrecked by the final boss so I guess I'll start doing side stuff to get stronger beforehand. I was planning on seeing the ending at least once before :(. I actually got Yojimbo to use Zanmato only for it to be the first form... argh.

Also I know it's so you can get some last minute spheres and equipment
but that tower with the rotating camera before Jecht
is the dumbest shit ever.

Okay, so I backtracked to Besaid after Spherimorph. What things should I grab? I got Energy Blast. I'll be getting Jecht Spheres. I'll leave Bliztball recruitment later unless there's a missable. Anything else?

Only the Omega Ruins left for monster catching.

Nice. I've done a lot of catching while doing other bits but it will save me time when I come back to complete it.

I've made AP hoarding weapons and I'm grinding the sphere grid with Tidus, Wakka and Auron. Once I get the sigil for Wakka's weapon he is going to desteoy everything. Looking forward to taking on the dark aeons.

Levyne

Banned
Nice. I've done a lot of catching while doing other bits but it will save me time when I come back to complete it.

I've made AP hoarding weapons and I'm grinding the sphere grid with Tidus, Wakka and Auron. Once I get the sigil for Wakka's weapon he is going to desteoy everything. Looking forward to taking on the dark aeons.

Yeah, I'm kind of using the experience from capturing monsters within sin and omega so that fighting the one eye isn't much of an ordeal. Any order works though! Lots of stuff to do at the end of this game. :)

Korezo

I can't beat the damn chocobo requim race with 5 chest because of the shit fixed camera and controls! Harder than the damn 0.00 race...

pariah164

Finally got my Peaceful Shield. Catching 20 fiends for it is soooo much easier than farming and stealing for them. Now to go trek through Sanubia...

OmegaDL50

Maechen is amazing, so is his voice actor.

Here's a fun fact, voice actor Dwight Schultz not only was the voice actor for Maechen, O'aka XXIII, as well as Maester Mika in FFX, but he is also Old Dalan's voice in FFXII

Oh and probably his most notable role is Mad Murdock in the 1980's A-Team TV Series.

ramyeon

Half way through a league for the Jupiter Sigil. I love blitzball but I've had too much of it these past 3 days. About 50 games and I've got blitz fatigue. I basically just score 1 goal now and then hang out in my goal for the rest of the game while I do something else.

pariah164

Half way through a league for the Jupiter Sigil. I love blitzball but I've had too much of it these past 3 days. About 50 games and I've got blitz fatigue. I basically just score 1 goal now and then hang out in my goal for the rest of the game while I do something else.
This is what I would do.

If I could score a goal to start with.

:(

I'm browsing through the new strategy guide for the collection, and did they rechange the key items for the celestial weapons ? I remember when I played the undub of the International version of X years ago, the key items for the celestial weapons had been switched around. Auron wasn't Mars anymore, Lulu Venus, and so on. But now, as I'm looking at my strategy guide, Auron is Mars and it seems like every character has its original Roman God qualifier. :/

edit: yeah, check it out here.

ramyeon

This is what I would do.

If I could score a goal to start with.

:(
Haha, if you get good players it becomes exponentially easier. Out of those 50 odd games I have never lost one. Since I changed my goalie to Nimrook, in the past 35-40 odd games no one has even scored against me. That said, Tidus is my go-to guy for easy goals. Him and Brother are a great team.

Flandy

WHY CAN'T I PUSH THIS THING? :mad:
13394007313_9dc5a88fe1_b.jpg

Korezo

The guard blocking Tidus legendary in the calm lands doesn't move. I already beat the race in 0.00. Is there a difference between vanilla X and international?

Mr. RHC

Maechen has the best voice. I loved listening to his long story in FFX-2.

Definitely wanna see this!

Here's a fun fact, voice actor Dwight Schultz not only was the voice actor for Maechen, O'aka XXIII, as well as Maester Mika in FFX, but he is also Old Dalan's voice in FFXII

Oh and probably his most notable role is Mad Murdock in the 1980's A-Team TV Series.

He is flexible, to say the least! Heh, Old Dalan, oh the memories!

Levyne

Banned
The guard blocking Tidus legendary in the calm lands doesn't move. I already beat the race in 0.00. Is there a difference between vanilla X and international?

I think you just have to beat the trainer again, happened to me.

Not get 0.0, just get a better time than her.

ramyeon

You need to go there directly after beating her, if you leave it too long (Or probably if you enter another area and come back) he'll go back there. Just beat her again.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You need another sphere in it before you can push it. =( The puzzle is to get up there with two spheres, one for the bridge and one for the pedestal. I know because I had to restart for the same reason last night. Funny that you've been less than a day behind me the whole way through the game!

I don't know. I couldn't either so I skipped the chest (Knights Lance). The chest that counts for Anima is the one with the HP sphere in it.

You need another sphere in it before you can push it. =( The puzzle is to get up there with two spheres, one for the bridge and one for the pedestal. I know because I had to restart for the same reason last night. Funny that you've been less than a day behind me the whole way through the game!

Oh, ha. Yeah no way I was going to go back into that puzzle lol.

Ok, so playing FF X for the first time. Enjoying it so far, but the inventory management is really bothering me. What am I missing here Neogaf? Are there not stats for the equipment so I can tell which is better to equip? Or is it just different abilities? If it is just different abilities, how am I supposed to know which are better.

Feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Flandy

Pffft. How was I supposed to know that before getting up there? -__-
:lol Really? Show me some posts showing this please :p

I don't know. I couldn't either so I skipped the chest (Knights Lance). The chest that counts for Anima is the one with the HP sphere in it.

Oh, ha. Yeah no way I was going to go back into that puzzle lol.
Hrmm. Not worth redoing since I never attack with him anyway. Onward with the story!

Levyne

Banned
Ok, so playing FF X for the first time. Enjoying it so far, but the inventory management is really bothering me. What am I missing here Neogaf? Are there not stats for the equipment so I can tell which is better to equip? Or is it just different abilities? If it is just different abilities, how am I supposed to know which are better.

Actually, you're not. You're right in that it's just the abilities and no stats, but you can't really tell what the different abilities do until you're able to customize later in the game. At least I think that is how it is. Luckily, most of them are obvious (Firestrike, [Stat] + X%) .

pariah164

Definitely wanna see this!
Just do not press X or skip anything. Just start him up, set the controller down, and enjoy his dulcet tones. I was like
JLsXW5B.gif
the whole time when I first heard it.

Also, the
Magus Sisters
look amazing in HD. All the summons do.
Yojimbo
somehow became more badass.

It's pretty much just different abilities with the weapons. The real stat gains come from the sphere grid.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nope, not wasting my time again with you. There are videos and screenshots all over the net, just compare the most detailed models for yourself.

I just asked a question. If you had a source for it I'd like to see it. I never saw that in any of the reviews.

XJF

Guys, I think I have a problem... I just checked my game time... I'm already at 60 hours... I think I need a life lol

Zafir

I honestly think the problem is they have used the same animations, but since the face is different, it looks worse because the animation was designed for the old face, not the new one. At least that's what I think, from looking at the scenes side by side.

Top Bottom