• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Ourobolus

Banned
Okay, that's how I've been doing it; moving one node, activating a power/mana sphere and then moving on that node.

Thanks Ouro!

EDIT - Saw your edit: My ultimate question was, if I have 2 nodes activated with power sphere and then I decide to move across 3 nodes passing those 2 I just activated, will I gain bonuses from both because they were in my path? Or do I need to go one node a time?

Oh, I see. Yeah, what WhirlwindMonk said.

Shahadan

So I beat the 0.00 chocobo race and made the mistake to click on "return to airship" now I have to do it again. Fuck you Square for your annoying broken minigames and stupid designs.

ramyeon

So I beat the 0.00 chocobo race and made the mistake to click on "return to airship" now I have to do it again. Fuck you Square for your annoying broken minigames and stupid designs.
Why do you have to do it again because of that?

Edit: If it's to get the guy guarding Tidus' weapon to move, you don't need to get 0.00 again. You just need to beat her with any time.

clem84

Gold Member
The blu ray disk with the OST on it, does anyone know if it's a PS3 disk, or if it's a blu ray disk that will play in any blu ray player?

edit: forgot to mention it's the blu ray disk that came with the collector's edition.

Manu

Evrae down. Aw yiss. I just had Rikku mix Mighty G when it cast Haste it himself and it was a cakewalk from there.

Sulla1980

Taking my time with this game, and just put down the Luca Goers 3 - 1.

Playing on the Vita, loving all of the added details that the HD version adds.

Falk

that puzzling face
I am having SUCH a hard time dodging lightning on the vita. I can barely get a streak going, and I am in a good dodging spot. Is it input lag? Do I have the reactions of a sloth? Anyone have some tips?

For what it's worth some guys I know who have both versions are saying Tidus' Overdrive is much harder to time on Vita than on PS3. Might be input lag across the board, or that shit's programmed differently.

Considering how short the window is for lightning dodges, input lag and/or display latency are significant factors.

ramyeon

For what it's worth some guys I know who have both versions are saying Tidus' Overdrive is much harder to time on Vita than on PS3. Might be input lag across the board, or that shit's programmed differently.

Considering how short the window is for lightning dodges, input lag and/or display latency are significant factors.
It's not. It's actually really lenient about it for dodging lightning. You can even press X slightly before the flash and still dodge it. As long as you hit it when you see the flash it's fine, there's no apparent input lag.

Neolith

Should I start those celestial weapon side quests as soon as possible or is it easier to do them late game, I don't remember a goddamn thing about this game and never tried getting the weapons before

Roto13

Should I start those celestial weapon side quests as soon as possible or is it easier to do them late game, I don't remember a goddamn thing about this game and never tried getting the weapons before

For some of them, you'll have to wait until you get the air ship.

XJF

Alright! I've captured 10 of every monster up through the Calm Lands... Those Ogre's have a TERRIBLE Spawn rate. geez

XJF

Say what? I probably bumped into 10 packs of them and not a anacondaur in sight...Northwest area right? Or is it some other spot?

I was in the northwest by where the primer was. I had Chimera and Anacondour aplenty, but VERY few Ogres. lol

Jacobbles

Kind of getting the hang of Blitzball now. Got Wakka's Attack Reels and his ultimate weapon, so that's a start.. but it looks like I'll have to play LOADS more to get his other Overdrives and the Sigil D:

XJF

23-25 more games! Do eet.

Because the League ones are based off points, I was able to forfeit my last 3 games in both of them and still win. Saved at least an hour total.

Just wait until you have to start catching tonberries. It feels like they spawn once a week
Already got my 10 from the Cavern of the SF. Got them in about a half hour a couple days back. Master Tonberries in the Omega Ruins are a different story lol

Joqu

Oh man... I finally managed to win that first Blitzball match. The reward wasn't anything special but it was totally worth it. It's my pride man. Still, that took me waaaaay too many tries, I think I spent over four hours on that stupid part.

Oh man... I finally managed to win that first Blitzball match. The reward wasn't anything special but it was totally worth it. It's my pride man. Still, that took me waaaaay too many tries, I think I spent over four hours on that stupid part.

I lost mine and would have retried for the reward and bragging rights, but man I did not want to deal with all those unskippable cutscenes. I've slaughtered the Goers several times since then and have exacted my revenge.

Joqu

I lost mine and would have retried for the reward and bragging rights, but man I did not want to deal with all those unskippable cutscenes. I've slaughtered the Goers several times since then and have exacted my revenge.

Those unskippable cutscenes were the worst. I usually don't mind dealing with cutscenes as I'd never skip regular ones anyway but seeing the same ones over and over again was torture. They weren't even that good. D:

ubercheez

The nice thing I'm finding is that the +4 strength sphere makes for a serious damage buff that early in the game. Don't sit on it for later, just pop that sucker down on the nearest open node for Tidus and he'll be your best DPS.

Joqu

The nice thing I'm finding is that the +4 strength sphere makes for a serious damage buff that early in the game. Don't sit on it for later, just pop that sucker down on the nearest open node for Tidus and he'll be your best DPS.

Will do. This is my first proper playthrough of X (I've owned the PAL PS2 version for a loooong time now but that shit was way too slow for me) and I accidentally used one of those before somehow (I think it was one of the HP spheres?). Since then I've been sitting on them but I guess I shouldn't be doing that yeah?

Mendax

Will do. This is my first proper playthrough of X (I've owned the PAL PS2 version for a loooong time now but that shit was way too slow for me) and I accidentally used one of those before somehow (I think it was one of the HP spheres?). Since then I've been sitting on them but I guess I shouldn't be doing that yeah?

nah no point really, on the expert grid everyone can move there pretty quickly and on the standard grid the other chars can easily get there later on when you have friend spheres and teleport spheres

ubercheez

Yeah, I used to try to save them for the perfect spot where multiple characters could easily get them, but later in the game grid traversal becomes much easier. Just use them now for whichever character gets the best benefit.

XJF

Does anyone actually use Caladbolg? I'm probably going to make Tidus another BDL weapon, essentially the same as Caladbolg but replace Magic Counter with One Mp Cost so I can abuse Quick Hit. Thoughts?

pariah164

Does anyone actually use Caladbolg? I'm probably going to make Tidus another BDL weapon, essentially the same as Caladbolg but replace Magic Counter with One Mp Cost so I can abuse Quick Hit. Thoughts?
I like this idea and wish to subscribe to your newsletter. And by that I mean copy your idea.

All the Celestial weapons are the best for 2 unique qualities that no other weapons have.

1. They Ignore defense
2. They do more damage if the wielder has max HP (Tidus, Auron, Wakka, Kimahri, Rikku) or MP (Yuna and Lulu)

You'd be losing out on a lot of damage to save some mp.

All the Celestial weapons are the best for 2 unique qualities that no other weapons have.

1. They Ignore defense
2. They do more damage if the wielder has max HP (Tidus, Auron, Wakka, Kimahri, Rikku) or MP (Yuna and Lulu)

Small correction, Auron's Masamune deals more damage the lower Auron's HP is.

But yeah, I'm all about Celestial weapons.

MSMrRound

2014_03_26_003213.jpg
OH YEAH! SUN SIGIL GET! Was only on my third race too. I was worried about getting this since I was stuck with the third training exercise for a while...

XJF

1. They Ignore defense

But yeah, I'm all about Celestial weapons.

But Magic Counter is such a Waaaaaaaaste. I wish you could customize the CW.

Shahed

Okay I abandoned the idea of doing 200 Lightning dodges first time around. It takes too long in an area with no battles. I'll just come back later with an Enc None weapon

Top Bottom