• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Shahed

Yep. As soon as you beat the boss Sephimorph in the woods is when you need to backtrack. aka after the first Jecht sphere
Thanks. I would have liked to have waited till I get the weapons from the Calm Lands, but oh well. It's just the Jecht Sphere I need soo I'll just put Flee my way there and back

B.K.

Why is it I had little trouble with getting the 200 Lightning Dodges and a time of 0:0:0 in the Chocobo Race, but the Macalania Butterfly game always gives me problems.

I always have to Google the map to use for that. I hate catching butterflies.

IMO you're probably better off getting a weapon with First Strike and giving it to a character with the Flee ability (like Tidus)

Even if you do get ambushed Tidus or whoever will still get the first turn, then he (or she) can escape.

This also works for Great Marlboros, though by that time you'll probably want someone with first strike AND the ability to undermine their bad breath (like Delay Buster or Provoke) because otherwise you'll never get a kill in.

Atlantis

The ESG is...interesting so far. Some characters (Lulu, Yuna, with Tidus in a distant third) benefit tremendously while others (Wakka...) get absolutely nothing out of it.

pariah164

Rikku looks so boss at times.

tgVco4m.jpg
Of course, Paine looks badass no matter what Dressphere she's in.

Korezo

Went to go double dip on FFX remaster for vita, but target and GameStop had none. Had to go to some local store and got lucky.. Game is either selling well or limited quantity was shipped to stores.

Flandy

Went to go double dip on FFX remaster for vita, but target and GameStop had none. Had to go to some local store and got lucky.. Game is either selling well or limited quantity was shipped to stores.

Maybe they didn't expect it to sell well so they didn't ship many units. Can't wait to see some NA/PAL sales numbers

Son Of D

Thanks. I would have liked to have waited till I get the weapons from the Calm Lands, but oh well. It's just the Jecht Sphere I need soo I'll just put Flee my way there and back

Steal some items with Rikku on the way. Helps towards the 200 Steal trophy plus you can get some useful items for the next few bosses.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Anybody want to telepathically complete the Chocobo Race?

3 seconds...

Maybe they didn't expect it to sell well so they didn't ship many units. Can't wait to see some NA/PAL sales numbers

I think that is the case. I am in MS and the game is nowhere to be found. The only store to get it was Gamestop and they sold out pretty quick. I think the retail copy of FFX Vita is going to be pretty rare. It seems S-E has more faith in the PS3 version selling because I have zero issue finding that version.

Aurizen

who would you guys recommend for the best blitzball team? I been doing some searching and came across this team

FW: Tidus
FW: Wedge (guard outside stadium)
MF: Zev Ronso (the screen to the right of the stadium)
DF: Zalitz (on the way to Luca Theater)
DF: Ropp (at the Mi'hen travel agency)
GF: Jumal (on a bench at the Luca Square)

I also read that brother is good. would this be a good team and line up or are there better than this?

Seriously, wtf are you doing Rikku.
New Twerk Sphere!

In all honesty, I kind of gave up on FFX. I got to the part where you have to grind (Calm Lands) and just watched the cutscenes on Youtube. The Eternal Calm extra is pretty neat, but it does not answer where Paine came from (the one question I was hoping it would answer). I am going to dive into X-2 when my guide comes so I won't miss anything. I think I can finish South Park before the guide comes, so I am having fun with that. Really wish the HD Remaster had a skip cutscene button.

who would you guys recommend for the best blitzball team? I been doing some searching and came across this team

I also read that brother is good. would this be a good team and line up or are there better than this?

I grabbed that team right after Blitzball opened up. I have yet to lose a single game. Over the last five or six games, I think I've averaged less than one shot on goal against me per game. Makes winning easy. Makes getting shot techs kind of obnoxious.

Beant

People get better and worse as you go up in levels. That is a great starting team though. I like brother better than Zev Ronso because he is so fast. You can gather up all the opposing team and have them chase brother, then get far enough away to have tidus wide open(this doesnt work vs guados because they are speedy too)

Shahed

Steal some items with Rikku on the way. Helps towards the 200 Steal trophy plus you can get some useful items for the next few bosses.
Good point. I'll probably kill one enemy with Tidus as well to first unlock Slayer, and then work towards using his overdrives. I held off using them at first except against specific enemies in order to overkill since I forgot that he needs to use Overdrives in order to learn his later ones. Khimari knows flee so I'll have him do it instead

Brother's great, Nimrook's also very solid but he's not a free agent. Otherwise, this list of players will easily win you games. Wedge is really all you need, what a beast.

Aurizen

I grabbed that team right after Blitzball opened up. I have yet to lose a single game. Over the last five or six games, I think I've averaged less than one shot on goal against me per game. Makes winning easy. Makes getting shot techs kind of obnoxious.

Then this is the team I shall assemble... But isnt brother good? I hear that he's OP what position should brother be?

Ff14 is a great game. Also the 13 series was bad because the characters and world were bland and unlovable.

Pretty much, but people do not think of FF14 as part of the main series. FF14 also was pretty awful in 1.0 phase. It seems like 2006 - 2012 was a cursed span of time for the Final Fantasy franchise. However, it seems to be getting better. FF14: ARR was a fantastic MMO and FF15 is being developed by the KH team, so it has a chance of being great. Crisis Core to me is the best main FF game in awhile and I would like FFXV to have the same idea of an active combat system.

pariah164

New Twerk Sphere!

In all honesty, I kind of gave up on FFX. I got to the part where you have to grind (Calm Lands) and just watched the cutscenes on Youtube. The Eternal Calm extra is pretty neat, but it does not answer where Paine came from (the one question I was hoping it would answer). I am going to dive into X-2 when my guide comes so I won't miss anything. I think I can finish South Park before the guide comes, so I am having fun with that. Really wish the HD Remaster had a skip cutscene button.
Paine's origin gets answered in X-2.

Shiina

New Twerk Sphere!

??

OmegaDL50

I'm thinking about crafting some ultimate armors with Wantz's 4-slot blank armors.

So far my setup is going to include Auto-Haste, Ribbon, and probably Break HP Limit. I might omit Ribbon for Auto-Shell because most of the end game super bosses can use status effects that can ignore ribbon and Shell cuts all magic damage in half which makes it more useful. The last ability might be either Auto-Protect to cut all physical damage in half, or Auto-Phoenix to automatically revive upon death.

Anyone have a preferred setup for best possible armor?

Atlantis

I'm thinking about crafting some ultimate armors with Wantz's 4-slot blank armors.

So far my setup is going to include Auto-Haste, Ribbon, and probably Break HP Limit. I might omit Ribbon for Auto-Shell because most of the end game super bosses can use status effects that can ignore ribbon and Shell cuts all magic damage in half which makes it more useful. The last ability might be either Auto-Protect to cut all physical damage in half, or Auto-Phoenix to automatically revive upon death.

Auto-Phoenix and Auto-Protect are way better than Auto-Shell or Break HP Limit. Ribbon is also a pain in the ass to get.

XJF

From what I've heard, BHPL is not required to beat the DA and Penance. It doesn't help as much as you'd think. Ribbon is VERY difficult to get. Takes like 99 Dark Matters

Levyne

Banned
From what I've heard, BHPL is not required to beat the DA and Penance. It doesn't help as much as you'd think. Ribbon is VERY difficult to get. Takes like 99 Dark Matters

Yeah, I think I might put ribbon on one from the free stack you get, but otherwise I dunno if I want to do all that farming.

Still thinking I want to BHPL though. Gotta fill the grid with something, might as well be Hp spheres :)

Atlantis

Yeah, I think I might put ribbon on one from the free stack you get, but otherwise I dunno if I want to do all that farming.

Still thinking I want to BHPL though. Gotta fill the grid with something, might as well be Hp spheres :)

Then consider Auto-Regen instead of Auto-Potion.

Manu

The part right before Seymour 3. I am not strong enough to face him and I do not want to grind. Simple as that.

Do what I just did. Cheese all the random encounters in the area with Bahamut, and you'll get enough SL to have Yuna learn Reflect. Then just go to Seymour, cast Reflect on him and your party and proceed to kick his ass and laugh in his face when his own Flares hit him, or when the Mortibody heals your party instead of him.

Do what I just did. Cheese all the random encounters in the area with Bahamut, and you'll get enough SL to have Yuna learn Reflect. Then just go to Seymour, cast Reflect on him and your party and proceed to kick his ass and laugh in his face when his own Flares hit him, or when the Mortibody heals your party instead of him.

That is Seymour 2. 3 is Flux on Mt. Gaz. I did see a video that used Hastaga, but my Tidus is no where near that. I may grind Tidus up and use Aeons to cheese it. Pretty much Seymour Flux to me is the hardest boss in the game. The others have exploitable patterns.

Seik

Banned
Just wanted to say thanks to the people here for answering my ability sphere question, yesterday.

I grinded the shit outta those and unblocked all my sphere grids by doing it so, yeah, I'm grateful! It's my first shot with the Expert Grid and I don't remember having a similar issue back then. :p

Hollycat

Besides the Dark Aeons and Penance, I'm all done with FF X. I swear all the bosses except maybe
Yunalesca
are way easier than they used to be.

When I fought her the first time I forgot that she has that uber cheap mega death opener on phase 3.
The second time around I just finished her phase 2 with a summon and proceeded to murder her with Super Jamaican 3 Wakka

Manu

That is Seymour 2. 3 is Flux on Mt. Gaz. I did see a video that used Hastaga, but my Tidus is no where near that. I may grind Tidus up and use Aeons to cheese it. Pretty much Seymour Flux to me is the hardest boss in the game. The others have exploitable patterns.

AAAAH ok, lol. Wait, there's ANOTHER Seymour battle?

...shit.

Every boss in the storyline is beatable without even touching the Sphere Grid, among other restrictions. You do not need to grind.

Yeah, but you need to have luck on your side. All the bosses are beatable with no spheres, but really 10 minutes is silly. The game has a decent curve until the Mountain.
Here is a video I am using as a reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEtu2On0Rts

Besides the Dark Aeons and Penance, I'm all done with FF X. I swear all the bosses except maybe
Yunalesca
are way easier than they used to be.
Well, the bosses become pie once you complete all the side quests. I want to do a 100% playthrough eventually, but I do not have the time right now to do so.

Is there a way to cause a preemptive strike or prevent an ambush?

I've almost been killed before I've even had a chance to attack a couple times.

My only game over so far was from an ambush in the Thunder Plains, right before I reached a save crystal. Group lightning attack from a fiend that Auron 1HKOs hit and killed 2/3 people immediately and then the rest ganged up on the third. I was a little upset.

I cannot wait to play X-2. I never finished it back on the PS2, despite it being the best battle system I've experienced in an FF game. Though, want to Platinum FFX before moving on, so I have a while still.

Hollycat

Yeah, but you need to have luck on your side. All the bosses are beatable with no spheres, but really 10 minutes is silly. The game has a decent curve until the Mountain.
Here is a video I am using as a reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEtu2On0Rts

Well, the bosses become pie once you complete all the side quests. I want to do a 100% playthrough eventually, but I do not have the time right now to do so.

True, but I beat the game before I went to do sidequests so that my party wouldn't be overleveled, and I still murdered
Jecht, Yevon, and Seymour Asses.

Last night I went and fought the last bosses again with all the legendary weapons and some major levels. 43,000 damage Wakka was pretty OP. It kind of ruined the little bit of strategy you are supposed to use on
Yevon

Atlantis

Are you playing No Sphere Grid though? Yes, Rikku not being constantly killed can depend on luck, but I doubt your Rikku has 400 HP. (Not to mention you're not completely dependent on her like a NSG party)

Silence and Poison are half the battle.

BHPL, Auto Haste, Auto Regen, Ribbon/Auto-Protect/Auto-Shell?

Bah, if only there were 5 or 6 slots :p

Auto-Shell is awful compared to Ribbon or Auto-Protect, do not waste a slot on it.

Top Bottom